Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which date is celebrated every year as World Teachers Day by the UNESCO in 1994 to celebrate the educators of the world?
Answer – D.October 5
World Teachers Day was created by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in 1994 to celebrate the educators of the world. The 2016 World Teachers’ Day theme –‘Valuing Teachers, Improving their Status’.
- which authored novel named as ‘The Ministry of Utmost Happiness’ was prepared for release in June 2017?
Answer –C.Arundhati Roy
After a long gap of 20 years of her Booker win, Arundhati Roy has announced her next novel, The Ministry of Utmost Happiness which was prepared to release in June 2017. Over these years, Arundhati wrote several non-fiction essays, interviews and has set the high standards in the field of ‘real’ Journalism.
- Which renowned Malayali based painter and veteran of the contemporary art has passed away at his residence in Bengaluru?
Answer – A.Yusuf Arakkal
Renowned painter, sculptor and veteran of the contemporary art, Yusuf Arakkal passed away at his residence morning in Bengaluru. The artist recently released a book called Faces of Creativity, which is a comprehensive collection of portraits of fellow artists. He was a Malayali painter based in Bengaluru.
- In which state, Election Commission has launched a mobile application for more transparency and effective monitoring of the ongoing revision of voter’s list before the 2017 Assembly polls?
Answer – D.Uttar Pradesh
Election Commission has launched a mobile application for more transparency and effective monitoring of the ongoing revision of voters’ list before the 2017 Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh. This app will provide details regarding addition and deletion of names from the electoral roll.
- Which country is debarred from playing in the Kabaddi World Cup, 2016 by the International Kabaddi Federation (IKF)?
Answer – A.Pakistan
The 12-nation Kabaddi World Cup started this week, with a row over a decision to bar arch-rivals Pakistan from competing threatening to overshadow the tag-wrestling sport’s showcase event Feeling the heat of being isolated following the Uri attacks and supporting terror groups announced by International Kabaddi Federation (IKF) chief Deoraj Chaturvedi.
- What is the name of new species of green tree frog which has discovered by the Australian Scientists?
Answer – C.Litoria bella
Australian Scientists have discovered a new species of green treefrog named Litoria bella, or the Cape York Graceful with distinctive orange hands and feet and iridescent purple inner thighs. Now the number of known frog species in Australia to 239 said by Keith McDonald, from Queensland Museum.
- In which Nature Reserve, nearly Sixty red-crowned cranes were hatched this year that is the world’s largest captive breeding centre for endangered birds?
A.South Georgia Marine Protected Area, United kingdom
B.Natural Park of the Coral Sea, France
C.Coral Sea Commonwealth Marine Reserve, Australia
D.Zhalong National Nature Reserve, China
Answer – D.Zhalong National Nature Reserve, China
Nearly Sixty red-crowned cranes were hatched this year in China’s Zhalong National Nature Reserve in Heilongjiang Province, the world’s largest captive breeding centre for endangered birds. The endangered red-crowned crane is found in northeast of China, Japan and North Korea. There are no more than 1,000 red-crowned cranes living in the wild in China and about 2,000 worldwide
- Which eminent Malayalm novelist and short story writer is selected for prestigious Vayalar award 2016 for his novel ‘Thakshankunnu Swarooopam’?
C.U K Kumaran
Answer – C.U K Kumaran
Eminent Malayalam novelist and short story writer U K Kumaran is selected for prestigious Vayalar award 2016 for his novel ‘Thakshankunnu Swarooopam’. The award will be presented at a function here on October 27 on the lyricist’s death anniversary.
- Who has presented the “Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowships (Akademi Ratna) and Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards (AkademiPuraskars) for the Year-2015” at a function in Rashtrapati Bhawan?
Answer – B.Pranab Mukherji
The President of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee presented the “SangeetNatakAkademi Fellowships (AkademiRatna) and Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards (Akademi Puraskars) for the Year-2015” at a function in Rashtrapati Bhawan. Dr.Mahesh Sharma, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Culture & Tourism and many dignitaries were present at the award presentation function.
- Who has been selected as the winner of the 2016 John F. Richards Prize for her book Ashoka in Ancient India?
Answer – C.Nayanjot Lahiri
Nayanjot Lahiri of Ashoka University has been selected as the winner of the 2016 John F. Richards Prize for her book Ashoka in Ancient India. The prestigious prize would be presented upon her at the American Historical Association (AHA’s) 131st Annual Meeting to be held in Denver, Colorado in January 2017.
- Who has been inducted into the 2016 IAF Hall of Fame for his outstanding contributions to the development of space technology in India?
Answer – B.U.R. Rao
The International Astronautical Federation (IAF) inducted renowned space scientist U.R. Rao into its Hall of Fame for his contribution to development of India’s space technology. Udupi Ramachandra Rao, popularly known as U. R. Rao is a space scientist and former chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation.
- The Nobel Prize for 2016 has been awarded to Jean-Pierre Sauvage, Sir J. Fraser Stoddart and Bernard L. Feringa for developing molecular machines on which field?
Answer – D.Chemistry
The Nobel Prize in Chemistry for 2016 has been awarded to Jean-Pierre Sauvage, Sir J. Fraser Stoddart and Bernard L. Feringa for developing molecular machines. Jean-Pierre Sauvage is a French coordination chemist working at Strasbourg University. Sir James Fraser Stoddart is a Scottish chemist currently at the Department of Chemistry in the United States. Bernard Lucas is asynthetic organic chemist, specializing in molecular nanotechnology and homogenous catalysis.
- Which bank has announced India’s GDP growth would remain strong at 7.6 percent in 2016 and 7.7 percent in 2017 by describing South Asia as a global growth hotspot?
B.Asian Development Bank
Answer – A.World Bank
Describing South Asia as a global growth hotspot, the World Bank announced India’s GDP growth would remain strong at 7.6 percent in 2016 and 7.7 percent in 2017. India’s economic growth is expected to be at 7.6% in 2016-17, followed by a modest acceleration to 7.7% in 2017-18 was released by World Bank in its India Development Update- Financing Double Digit Growth report, which is published twice a year.
- In which place, Haji Syed Salman Chishty of Dargah Ajmer Sharif is addressed at the ICYF-DC’s Third Islamic Conference of Youth and Sports Meet?
Answer – C.Istanbul
It is the first time, India addressed at the conference of the Organisation of Islamic Countries’ Islamic Conference Youth Forum for Dialogue and Cooperation (ICYF-DC). The Theme is ‘Empowering Youth for Peace, Solidarity and Development.
- The fourth meeting of Indo-Czech joint working group led by the Secretary in the Department of Heavy Industry, Mr Girish Shankar held at which place?
Answer – D.Brno
A high level delegation of Indian officials and industry leaders led by Secretary in the Department of Heavy Industry, Mr Girish Shankar with Czech Republic officials attended the 4th meeting of Indo-Czech joint working group at Brno, Czech Republic.
- Which district has been declared as the First Digital District of India in Mumbai by the Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis?
Answer – C.Nagpur
Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis declared Nagpur as the first digital district of India in Mumbai. All 776 gram Panchayats in Nagpur district have been digitally transformed. 29,000 gram Panchayats across Maharashtra would be digitally transformed by December 2018. He also announced a campaign against illicit liquor.
- Election Commission of India partnered with which social networking to register young voters?
Answer – D.Facebook
Social networking site Facebook is collaborating with the Election Commission of India in five states going to polls next year to run a voter registration drive aimed at encouraging youth to participate in the democratic exercise. The five states are Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Goa, Manipur and Uttarakhand for the first time in the country to run a voter registration drive.
- Which lake of Puducherry has been declared as Open Defecation Free by Lt Governor Kiran Bedi?
Answer – C.Velrampet
Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi in the presence of Chief Minister V Narayansamy declared Velrampet lake and surrounding area as open defecation free. According to an official statement, the lake was, tar roads laid in the area and fenced by the PWD(irrigation wing) earlier and was declared open defecation free under the Swatch Bharath programme
- Union Government signed MoU with which country in the field of water resources?
Answer – C.European Union
The Union Cabinet gave its approval for the signing of MoU between India and European Union in the field of water resources.
- The Union Government has made Aadhaar Mandatory for availing which subsidy in India?
Answer – B.LPG
The government has made Aadhaar mandatory for availing cooking gas (LPG) subsidies but has given two months grace period for citizens to get the unique identification number. In this regard, the Union Petroleum Ministry has asked Oil marketing companies (OMCs) to facilitate enrollments of Aadhaar of the consumers to avail the subsidy.