AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 30 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Where did the ‘i-Bharat 2017’ conference held at?
5. New DelhiAnswer – 5. New Delhi
Aruna Sundararajan, Secretary, Department of Telecommunications announced that first phase of the Bharat Net project (National Optic Fibre Network) will be completed by December 2017, and will thereby provide internet access to 100000 gram panchayats across India. This announcement was made that at the fourth edition of the ‘i-Bharat 2017’ conference held in New Delhi on October 26, 2017.
- In which ocean, the Indian Navy and Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) began a three-day anti-submarine warfare exercise?
1. Pacific Ocean
2. Arctic Ocean
3. Antartic Ocean
4. Atlantic Ocean
5. Indian OceanAnswer – 5. Indian Ocean
to deepen operational coordination in the strategically important sea lanes, Indian Navy and Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) began a three-day anti-submarine warfare exercise in the Indian Ocean region on October 29, 2017. On October 29, 2017, Japan’s two P-3C Orion jets, which are anti-submarine warfare aircraft, landed at naval air station Hansa in Goa to take part in the drill. In this exercise, Indian Navy is represented by two P-8 I long-range maritime reconnaissance anti-submarine warfare aircrafts.
- Why, the Union Ministry relaxed the Arms Rules?
1. To boost the ‘Make in India’ initiative
2. To boost the IT field
3. To improve Swacch mission
4. To develop the employment
5. To boost the service sectorAnswer – 1. To boost the ‘Make in India’ initiative
To boost the ‘Make in India’ initiative, the Union home ministry has relaxed the Arms Rules. The Arms Rules has been relaxed to encourage investment in the manufacturing of arms, ammunition and weapon systems in the country. This will increase employment opportunities in turn. The new rules came to effect on 27th October 2017. The new rules will be applicable to licences granted by the home ministry and the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
- Where did the India-UAE Second Strategic Dialogue held at?
2. Abu Dhabi
5. IraqAnswer – 2. Abu Dhabi
India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) held second round of strategic dialogue in Abu Dhabi. India-UAE Second Strategic Dialogue was held with an objective to deepen bilateral cooperation in various areas such as trade and investment. M.J. Akbar, Minister of State for External Affairs led the Indian delegation, whereas UAE side was represented by Dr. Anwar Gargash, UAE Minister of State for Foreign Affairs.
- What is the name of unique membership card launched by Air Passengers Association of India (APAI) which provides insurance cover related to air travel?
2. Fly With Us
4. Safe Flight
5. Secured FlightAnswer – 3. Flysecure
Air Passengers Association of India (APAI) launched its unique membership card titled “Flysecure”, which provides insurance cover related to air travel. APAI card “Flysecure” is available in three variants – Annual price of Rs. 1500 for Silver, Rs 3000 for Gold and Rs 5000 for Platinum. Under ‘Flysecure’, passenger can avail insurance cover for every possible loss/damage while travelling, such as medical reimbursement, theft of identity, wallet loss, burglary at home while travelling etc.
- Based on the trilateral agreement between India, Iran and Afghanistan, India sent its first consignment of wheat to Afghanistan through which port?
1. Bandar Port
2. Bushehr Port
3. The Chabahar Port
4. Shahid Behesthi Port
5. Shahid Kalantari PortAnswer – 3. The Chabahar Port
India sent its first consignment of wheat to Afghanistan through the Chabahar port in Iran. The shipment was flagged off from the Kandla port in Gujarat. After reaching Chabahar, it will be transported to Afghanistan viz. land route. It is the first shipment under the trilateral agreement (between India, Iran and Afghanistan) on Establishment of International Transport and Transit Corridor. The agreement was signed in May 2016 during Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Iran.
- How many Rafale fighter jets will be manufactured under the joint venture of French Aircarft manufacturer, Dassault Aviation and Anil Ambani-led Reliance Aerospace to manufacture aircraft components?
5. 39Answer – 1. 36
French Aircarft manufacturer, Dassault Aviation will invest over USD 116 million in a joint venture with Anil Ambani-led Reliance Aerospace to manufacture aircraft components of 36 Rafale fighter jets, which India has agreed to purchase from France. As per the offset obligation under the India-France deal for 36 Rafale Fighter Jets signed in 2016, Dassault Aviation is under an obligation to manufacture several components of the fighter jets in collaboration with an Indian company.
- Who received Parmod Mahajan Smriti Award 2017?
1. Amitab Bachan
2. Anupam Kher
3. Amir Khan
4. Shreya Goshal
5. MadhavanAnswer – 2. Anupam Kher
veteran Bollywood actor Anupam Kher received Parmod Mahajan Smriti Award in Pune. Anupam Kher is the current Chairman of Film and Television Institute of India. Saira Banu, who moved Supreme Court seeking a ban on instantaneous ‘Triple Talaq’ among Muslims is the second recipient of Pramod Mahjan Smriti Award. The awards were presented by Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar.
- What is the prize amount of the European Union’s Sakharov Prize for human rights?
1. 10,000 euros
2. 25,000 euros
4. 60,000 euros
5. 90,000 eurosAnswer – 3. 50,000euros
The democratic opposition and political prisoners in Venezuela won the European Union’s Sakharov Prize for human rights on October 26th 2017. The prize amount of this award is 50,000euros ($59,000). The award was created in the name after Soviet dissident Andrei Sakharov in 1988 to honour individuals or groups who defend human rights and fundamental freedoms.
- Who is the newly appointed Vice Chief of Naval Staff (VCNS)?
1. Vice Admiral Ajit Kumar
2. Vice Admiral Karambir Singh
3. Vice Admiral Krishnan
4. Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba
5. Vice Admiral Ashok KumarAnswer – 1. Vice Admiral Ajit Kumar
Vice Admiral Ajit Kumar took charge as the Vice Chief of Naval Staff (VCNS) from Vice Admiral Karambir Singh at a formal ceremony held at South Block, New Delhi. Vice Admiral Karambir Singh would take charge as Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief Eastern Naval Command in Vishakapatnam. Vice Admiral Ajit Kumar has taken charge as Vice Chief of Naval Staff (VCNS). Vice Admiral Ajit Kumar is an alumni of the National Defence Academy. He is a specialist in Missiles & Gunnery.
- Who is appointed as brand ambassador of Ghaziabad Municipal Corporation?
1. Virat Kohli
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Virender Shewag
4. Suresh Raina
5. Hardik PandyaAnswer – 4. Suresh Raina
Suresh Raina is a cricketer and a resident of Ghaziabad. He has been appointed as the brand ambassador of the Ghaziabad Municipal Corporation (GMC). This programme will help the municipal corporation in spreading awareness about sanitation. V.K. Jindal, Joint Secretary and Director of Swachh Bharat Mission, and Ghaziabad Municipal Commissioner C.P. Singh were present during the occasion.
- Why NASA’s GRACE-1 and GRACE-2 satellites ended their operations?
1. They had better options
2. It occupied more space station slots
3. Due to the lack of scientists
4. Due to failure of several battery cells
5. Due to operation failureAnswer – 4. Due to failure of several battery cells
NASA’s GRACE-1 and GRACE-2 satellites ended operations after experiencing problems due to failure of several battery cells. NASA said that, the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE) mission, carried out in cooperation with the German space agency DLR, had ended science operations after the retirement of one of its twin spacecraft GRACE-1 and GRACE-2. The satellites had been experiencing problems due to failure of several battery cells, which caused a loss of contact recently. GRACE-2 is expected to reenter in December 2017 or January 2018.
- How many total species were included in the highest protection status by the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals, held in Manila?
5. 34Answer – 5. 34
The Asian vultures that were included on highest protection list are the red-headed vulture, white-rumped vulture, Indian vulture and slender-billed vulture. Approval was provided for protection of 34 species during the convention. The whale shark, which inhabits the Indian Ocean, also got global protection.
- Where did the Yonex French Open Badminton 2017 take place?
1. Paris, France
2. Mumbai, India
3. Beijing, China
4. Tokyo, Japan
5. Chennai, IndiaAnswer – 1. Paris, France
Yonex French Open 2017 Badminton tournament was held from 24th – 29th October, 2017 in Paris, France.French Open Badminton Tournament is held annually since 1909 in France.
- Which Arabian country revamped the rules to allow women into sports stadiums from 2018?
1. Abu Dhabi
2. Saudi Arabia
5. DubaiAnswer – 2. Saudi Arabia
Women in Saudi Arabia have been allowed to attend matches at sports stadiums form 2018. Saudi Arabia is considered as one of the countries having tightest restrictions on women. As per the current rules, women are not allowed in sports stadiums.
ii. This decision is a part of economic and social reforms implemented by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
- Name the cricketer who became the fastest player to score 9000 runs in ODI during the 3rd ODI against New Zealand in Kanpur?
1. Rohit Sharma
2. MS Dhoni
3. Yuvaraj Singh
4. Shikar Dhawan
5. Virat KohliAnswer – 5. Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli became the fastest player to score 9000 runs in ODI during the 3rd ODI against New Zealand in Kanpur. It took Virat Kohli 194 innings to achieve this milestone. He has broken the record of South African batsman AB de Villiers as the fastest cricketer to reach this milestone. Mahendra Singh Dhoni had reached this milestone of 9000 ODI runs in 2016. Other Indians who have achieved this milestone are Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Sourav Ganguly and Mohammad Azharuddin.
- Who were crowned ‘Champion of Champions’, in the ISSF World Cup Final 2017, in New Delhi?
5. PollandAnswer – 2. Chinese
Italy topped the medal count and Chinese were crowned ‘Champion of Champions’, in the ISSF World Cup Final 2017, in New Delhi. Italy topped the medal count by winning 2 gold, 3 silver, 1 bronze medals. It was followed by China in 2nd position with 2 gold, 2 silver and 5 bronze medals. India, which hosted the event, finished in the 7th position overall. It won 1 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze medal.
- Who won the Mexican Grand Prix title 2017?
1. Lewis Hamilton
2. Daniel Riccardo
3. Nico Rosberg
4. Sachin Keiner
5. Max VerstappenAnswer – 5. Max Verstappen
Explanation Max Verstappen of Red Bull team won the Mexican Grand Prix, at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez race track, in Mexico. This is his third victory in Formula 1.
- Who is Dr Digamber Singh?
5. JournalistAnswer – 3. Politician
Former BJP minister Dr Digamber Singh passed away due to multiple organ failure, in Jaipur, Rajasthan. He was taken to Jaipur’s Eternal Heart Care Centre (EHCC) on 18th October 2017 because of chest pain. He died due to multiple organ failure. He is survived by wife Asha Singh and son Dr Shailesh Singh. His body was cremated with full state honours at Dr Digamber Singh Nursing College. The Rajasthan state government announced state mourning for a day in Bharatpur.
- Dr. M.V. Sridhar is associated to which of the below fields?
5. SingerAnswer – 2. Cricketer
Dr. M.V. Sridhar , 51 a Former Hyderabad Ranji Trophy star and ex-secretary of the Hyderabad Cricket Association passed away .He was suffering from a massive heart attack. He was also serving as the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) General Managerfrom 2013.He also has a great administration skill. He has the distinction of the third-highest individual score in the history of the Ranji Trophy against Andhra in January 1994.
- Who was the Chairman and whole time Director of SAB group who recently passed away?
1. Sri Adhikari
2. Salah Al Belawi
3. Gautam Adhikari
4. Allen Hamilton
5. Jeddah KhanAnswer – 3. Gautam Adhikari
Gautam Adhikari was 67 years old. He died due to heart attack in Mumbai on 27th October 2017. He is survived by his wife Ranjana and two children. His last rites were performed in Vile Parle suburban area of Mumbai. It was attended by various Bollywood celebrities. He was the Chairman and whole time Director of the SAB group.