AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 3 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Where was the 4 day Global Wildlife Programme (GWP) conference started?
5. New Delhi
Answer -5. New Delhi
The 4-day Global Wildlife Programme( GWP) conference which begun on October 2, 2017, in New Delhi, will give India an opportunity to get familiar with best practices on the management of wildlife habitats and minimising human-wildlife conflict situations.
- Which government is creating 1.2 lakh acre for industrial use and purpose?
5. West Bengal
Answer – 4. Odisha
Odisha State Government is creating a 1.2 lakh acre land bank across the state which will be allocated for industrial use and purposes.
- Where was the first community toilet for third gender inaugurated?
1. Madhya Pradesh
3. Uttar Pradesh
Answer – 1. Madhya Pradesh
On 2nd October 2017, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Mr.Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated a community toilet for third gender, in the Mangalwara area, Bhopal.
- Who has launched the countrywide Free Eye Check-up Campaign at Nagpur, in Maharashtra?
1. Ms.Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
2. Mr.Nitin Gadkari
3. Mr.Prakash Javadekar
4. Mr.Jitendra Singh
5. Mr.Narendra Singh Tomar
Answer – 2. Mr.Nitin Gadkari
On 2nd October 2017, The Minister of Road Transport & Highways Mr.Nitin Gadkari launched the countrywide Free Eye Check-up Campaign at Panjari Toll Plaza, Nagpur Bypass, Nagpur, in Maharashtra.
- For whom the Karnataka government launched ‘Mathru Purna’ scheme?
2. New born babies
3. old aged persons
4. Pregnant Women
5. Disabled persons
Answer – 4. Pregnant Women
On 2nd October 2017, Karnataka Chief Minister Mr.Siddaramaiah launched ‘Mathru Poorna’ scheme, for nutritional wellness of pregnant and lactating women in rural areas, at Vidhan Soudha, in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- What MoU has signed by Central Water Commission (CWC) with IIT Roorkee and Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT) Allahabad?
1. Dam Break Modelling and foundation problems
2. Instrumentation in Dams and Power House Caverns
3. Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement
4. Dam safety monitoring
5. integrated river basin planning and development
Answer – 3. Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement
Central Water Commission (CWC) has signed MoUs with IIT Roorkee and Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT) Allahabad to support dam rehabilitation efforts of various implementing agencies and CWC.
- Where did Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu lay foundation stone for inland waterway?
2. Andhra Pradesh
4. Madhya Pradesh
Answer – 2. Andhra Pradesh
On October 3, 2017, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu laid the foundation stone for the development of an inland waterway in the Krishna River between Muktyala and Vijayawada in the Andhra Pradesh. Besides, he dedicated seven national highway projects in Andhra Pradesh to the nation and also laid the foundation stone for six new projects.
- In which district of Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal Laid foundation for Country’s First ITI for Dibyangans (Differently Abled)?
Answer – 4. Dibrugarh
On October 3, 2017, Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal laid the foundation stone for the first ever Industrial Training Institute (ITI) exclusively for the Dibyangans (Differently Abled) at ITI Complex in Dibrugarh.
- Which state has the highest number of active gun licences among all states and union territories of India?
3. West Bengal
4. Andhra Pradesh
5. Uttar Pradesh
Answer – 5. Uttar Pradesh
As per statistics released by the Union Home Ministry, Uttar Pradesh has the highest number of active gun licences among all states and union territories of India. 12.77 lakh people in Uttar Pradesh are authorised to carry weapons.
- Who has attended a special parliamentary session of 70th anniversary of the establishment of Sri Lankan Parliament?
1. Sumitra Mahajan
2. Supriya Sule
3. Agatha Sangma
4. Vasundhara Raje Scindia
5. Sheila Dikshit
Answer – 1. Sumitra Mahajan
Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan attended a special parliamentary session in Sri Lanka that is being convened to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the establishment of Sri Lankan Parliament.
- Where was the Mahatma Gandhi’s statue unveiled on 2nd October 2017?
1. Northern Ireland
Answer – 3. Wales
On 2nd October 2017, a statue of Mahatma Gandhi was unveiled to mark his 148th birth anniversary, in Cardiff, Wales.
- Which country has joined with India to conduct first joint tiger count through camera tapping?
4. Sri Lanka
Answer – 2. Nepal
On 2nd October 2017, Nepal and India planned to conduct a joint head count of tigers in Nepal and areas in India adjoining Nepal using same technology. Use of same technology reduces the chance of counting the same tiger again. The counting starts from second week of November 2017.
- Which department is awarded as for its contribution during ‘Swachhta Pakhwada’, in New Delhi?
1. Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
2. Ministry of Rural Development
3. Minister of Drinking Water and Sanitation
4. Minister of Food Processing Industries
5. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Answer – 5.Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare was awarded as the best department during ‘Swachhta Pakhwada’ on 2nd October, 2017, on the 3rd anniversary of Swachh Bharat Mission.
- In what field US scientists Rainer Weiss, Barry Barish and Kip Thorne won the 2017 Nobel Prize?
Answer – 4. Physics
On October 3, 2017, US scientists Rainer Weiss, Barry Barish and Kip Thorne won the 2017 Nobel Prize in the field of Physics for their pioneering role in the detection of gravitational waves at Stockholm, Sweden.
- To which country Brenda Hale appointed as Supreme Court’s first female president?
Answer – 3. U.K
Brenda Hale has been appointed as the first female president of the UK Supreme Court. Hale, 72, was born in Yorkshire who has been a consistent champion of judicial diversity.
- Name the Justice has been appointed to head the five members Commission by president Ram Nath Kovind to examine sub categorization of Other Backward Classes (OBCs)?
1. Ruma Pal
3. Amitava Roy
4. Sudha Misra
5. G Rohini
Answer – 5. G Rohini
On 2nd October 2017, President Ram Nath Kovind appointed a five member Commission under Delhi High Court’s former Chief Justice G Rohini to examine sub categorization of Other Backward Classes (OBCs).
- Which country has launched ‘world’s biggest & most powerful’ nuclear icebreaker Ship?
1. North Korea
3. South Korea
5. United States
Answer – 2. Russia
In a bid to reinforce its leadership in the Arctic, Russia has launched world’s largest nuclear-powered icebreaker ship named Sibir (Siberia). It was launched into the water at the Baltic Shipyard in St Petersburg.
- For what type of cancer a new test Oncotype DX may spare patients from chemotherapy?
1. Bladder cancer
2. Brain cancer
3. Blood cancer
4. Ovarian cancer
5. Breast cancer
Answer – 5. Breast cancer
Researchers announced that, they have developed a new test ‘Oncotype DX’, that predicts the return of cancer, thus sparing breast cancer patients from unnecessary chemotherapy, in London.
- Which country has announced the setting of National Space Agency, at the International Astronautical Congress?
5. United States
Answer – 1. Australia
Australia announced that it will establish a national space agency, as a part of long term plan to develop Australia’s domestic space industry, in Australia.
- Which entity of India is going to Join Hands With FIFA U17 World Cup Tournament As Official Partners?
Answer – 4. Hyundai
Hyundai India has announced that it will be official transportation partner for the upcoming FIFA U17 World Cup Tournament which starts from October 6, 2017 in India.
- What was India’s rank in Women’s Cricket as per the International Cricket Council (ICC) ?
Answer – 4. 4th
India was placed fourth while England deposed Australia from the top position in the women’s cricket team rankings for the first time following the annual rankings update, the International Cricket Council (ICC) announced
- Name the chess tournament where Viswanathan Anand has finished joint second.
1. Isle of Man Chess Championship
2. FIDE Grand Pix
3. Canditates Tournament 2017
4. World Senior Chess Championship
5. World Chess Solving Championship
Answer – 1. Isle of Man Chess Championship
On 1st October 2017, Viswanathan Anand finished joint second at the Isle of Man Chess Championship, in Douglas, Isle of Man. Viswanathan Anand is a five-time world chess champion. The title was won by Norway’s world champion Magnus Carlsen, who secured 7.5 points.
- Which country has won the Laver Cup 2017?
1.Team North America
2. Team U.K
3. Team Europe
4. Team Asia
5. Team South America
Answer – 3. Team Europe
Team Europe defeated Team World by 15-9 and won the first Laver Cup 2017, in Prague, Czech Republic.Laver Cup 2017 is the first edition of Laver Cup tennis tournament. Laver Cup is an international indoor hard court men’s tennis tournament.It is a men’s tennis tournament between teams from Europe and the rest of the world.Two teams namely Team Europe and Team World participated in the tournament.
- HM Marathe passed away in Pune, Maharashtra.He is _____________.
1. an actor
2. a singer
3. a writer
4. a director
5. a journalist
Answer – 3. a writer
On 2nd October 2017, famous Marathi writer and journalist Hanumant Moreshwar Marathe passed away due to prolonged illness, in Pune, Maharashtra. HM Marathe was popularly known as ‘Ha Mo’. He was 77 years old.