Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which day is observed as World Habitat Day every year by first day of October throughout the world?
Answer – B.Monday
The Purpose is to reflect on the state of our cities and towns and the basic human right to adequate shelter. 2016 Theme is Housing at the Centre.
- Which Indian Golfer fired an impressive 67 for a four-day total of 269 at the Bears Best Cheongna Golf Club, winning the 2016 million-won ($196,000) cash prize?
Answer – C.Gaganjeet Bhullar
Bhullar scored seven birdies on holes 2, 6,7, 10, 12, 13 and 14 to maintain his victory. Gaganjeet Singh Bhullar was born on 27 April 1988. He is an Indian professional golfer who plays on the Asian Tour. He was awarded Arjuna Award in 2013.
- Who has taken over as the Chairman and Managing Director of state-run Power Finance Corporation (PFC)?
Answer – D.Rajeev Sharma
Prior to this he was the CMD of Rural Electrification Corporation (REC). He is considered the architect of Government’s flagship schemes like Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY).
- Who has been appointed as the CEO of largest life insurance companies in the world Reliance Nippon Life Insurance with effect from October 3, 2016?
Answer – C.Ashish Vohra
Prior to this he has been working as Senior Director and Chief Distribution Officer in Max Life Insurance. He has over 25 years of experience working with companies like Fullerton India Credit, Citibank and Eicher Motors.
- What is the name of 18 year old girl who was trafficked from the remote islands of Sundarbans in West Bengal and has been invited twice to speak at the United Nations?
Answer – A.Anoyara Khatun
An 18-year-old girl Anoyara Khatun, who was trafficked from the remote islands of Sundarbans in West Bengal, is an international child rights crusader and has been invited twice to speak at the United Nations.
- Who has been concurrently accredited as the High Commissioner of India to the Commonwealth of The Bahamas, with residence in Kingston (Jamaica)?
Answer – D.M.Sevala Naik
M.Sevala Naik was concurrently accredited as the High Commissioner of India to the Commonwealth of The Bahamas, with residence in Kingston (Jamaica). He is currently working as the High Commissioner of India to Jamaica.
- What is the name of tenth edition digital video festival which would be remembered for recording the highest-ever participation?
Answer – C.SIGNS
The tenth edition of the SiGNS digital video festival, which would be remembered for recording the highest-ever
participation, concluded. Randu Kurippukal (Two Notes, 2015), a Malayalam short film directed by Gireesh Kumar K, took home the SiGNS 2016 award for Best Short Fiction.
- Which girl was crowned with Mrs. India Earth 2016 at a gala ceremony amid members of the fashion industry in Dwarka?
Answer – C.Prineet Grewal
The 29 year old Prineet Grewal from Pune was crowned with Mrs India Earth 2016 at a gala ceremony amid members of the fashion industry in Dwarka.
- Which minister was awarded with the Global Champion of Digital Literacy Award by Certiport?
A.K T Sreenu Rao
B.K T Rama Rao
C.K T Ranga Rao
D.K T Rameshwar Rao
Answer – B.K T Rama Rao
Telangana IT Minister K T Rama Rao (KTR) was awarded with the Global Champion of Digital Literacy Award by Certiport.
- What is the name of Japanese cell biologist, won The Nobel Prize in medicine for discoveries on how cells break down and recycle their own components?
Answer – C.Yoshinori Ohsumi
The Nobel Prize in medicine has been awarded to a Japanese cell biologist Yoshinori Ohsumi, for discoveries on how cells break down and recycle their own components.
- Dassault Aviation of France had entered into a partnership with which group to execute offsets for the recently concluded deal for 36 Rafale fighter jets?
Answer – B.Reliance
As per the contract, Dassault Aviation prepared to invest 50 % of its revenue, up to Rs.300 billion ($4.51 billion), in the Indian defence industry to boost technological innovation and capacity building.
- Which scheme is launched by the Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for the students passing Class 12th exam on Oct 2, 2016?
A.Credit Card Scheme
B.Bus Pass Scheme
C.Free councilling Scheme
D.Free Laptop Scheme
Answer – A.Credit Card
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar launched Student credit card scheme for the students passing Class 12th exam on Oct 2, 2016. It will fecilaitate to get an interest free loan of Rs four lakh for pursuing higher studies.
- What is the new act has came into force from October 2 in the Bihar state for creating awareness about alcohol related issues?
A.Prevention and Awareness Act, 2016
B.Prohibition and Addiction Act, 2016
C.Prevention and Addiction Act, 2016
D.Prohibition and Excise Act, 2016
Answer – D.Prohibition and Excise Act, 2016
This new Act has strict provisions. As per one of the provision, every adult of a family would be pretended to be aware of the offence if alcohol is consumed, manufactured, sold or distributed in premises one occupies.
- How much amount has been charged by the Supreme Court on Delhi Health Minister Satyendra Jain for the medical related issues?
Answer – A.Rs.25,000
The Supreme Court charged a cost of Rs.25,000 on Delhi Health Minister Satyendra Jain for failing to file an affidavit naming the officials allegedly not cooperating in checking the menace of dengue and chikungunya in the national capital.
- Which minister inaugurated the 5th International Buddhist Conclave in Varanasi-Sarnath by showcasing and project the Buddhist heritage and pilgrim sites of India?
A.Ravi Shankar Prasad
Answer – C.Mahesh Sharma
With a view to showcase and project the Buddhist heritage and pilgrim sites of India, the Ministry of Tourism is organising the ”5th International Buddhist Conclave” (from October 2 to 6) in collaboration with the State Governments of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
- Who would be honoured with the invitation of the Chief Guest at India‘s Republic Day parade for the first time?
B.Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Answer – B.Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
This is the first time that a leader of the United Arab Emirates crown prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan would be honored with the invitation of being the Chief Guest at India‘s Republic Day parade.
- Who won the 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix held in Malaysia ?
Answer – D.Daniel Ricciardo
Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo won the 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix held at the Sepang International Circuit in Selangor, Malaysia.
2nd – Max Verstappen and 3rd – Nico Rosberg