AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 28 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- For what purpose the Ministry of External Affairs Launches “AsktheSpokesperson” initiative on twitter?
1. For better understanding of government policies
2. For better understanding of foreign policy
3. For better understanding of employment oppurtunities
4. For better understanding of import & export qualities
5. For better understanding of farmers & their productionsAnswer – 2. For better understanding of foreign policy
The Ministry of External Affairs launched the “#AsktheSpokesperson” initiative on Twitter, to create better awareness and understanding of foreign policy issues to general public. The inaugural session of #AsktheSpokesperson initiative was held on 27th October 2017 on the External Affairs Ministry’s official Twitter handle @MEAIndia. The Spokesperson responded to selected questions, live through periscope. #AsktheSpokesperson initiative will be a regular feature to engage and educate the public about foreign policy matters in simplified terms. It will be held every 2months.
- Under Sagarmala project, Shipping ministry offers grant to which of the two ports in karnataka?
1. New manglore Port & Kundapura port
2. Malpi Port & Inland water port
3. Belekeri Port & Tadadi port
4. Jawaharlal Nehru Port & Karwar port
5. Honnavar Port & Bhatkal portAnswer – 4. Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust & Karwar port
Union Shipping Ministry announced that it has sanctioned Rs 25 crore to the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust and another Rs 50 crore to the Karwar port in Karnataka for development of coastal berth under the flagship Sagarmala project. These funds have been provided as a part of Coastal Berth Scheme under flagship Sagarmala Project. Objective of Coastal Berth Scheme is to provide financial assistance to ports or State Governments in order to create infrastructure for movement of cargo and passengers through sea or national waterways.
- Union Cabinet has approved over Rs 7,000 crore for construction of permanent campuses of how many new Indian Institute of Technology (IITs)?
5. 25Answer – 3. 6
Union Cabinet has approved over Rs 7,000 crore for construction of permanent campuses of six new Indian Institute of Technology (IITs). Permanent campuses for six new IITs will be constructed at Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh), Palakkad (Kerala), Dharwad (Karnataka), Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir), Bhilai (Chhattisgarh) and Goa. Academic sessions of IITs at Tirupati and Palakkad started in 2015-16 and at Dharwad, Bhilai, Jammu and Goa it started in 2016-17.
- India signs MoU with which country to strengthen the bilateral defence cooperation?
5. FranceAnswer – 5. France
Ms. Florence Parly, the French Minister for the Armed Forces, was on an official visit to India from 26th – 28th October, 2017. During Ms Parly’s meeting with Indian Defense Minister Ms. Nirmala Sitharaman, India and France agreed to strengthen bilateral defence cooperation. Ongoing initiatives to further strengthen bilateral defence cooperation between India and France were reviewed by both the ministers. Regional and international developments of mutual interest were also discussed during this meeting.
- Where in Kerala, the President Ram Nath Kovind launched a Technocity and laid foundation stone of Kerala Government’s first Information Technology (IT) building?
5. AllapeyAnswer – 2. Pallippuram
President Ram Nath Kovind launched a Technocity in Pallippuram, Kerala and laid foundation stone of Kerala Government’s first Information Technology (IT) building in the campus. Technocity in Kerala is spread across 400 acre land in Pallippuram. In this Technocity, around 300 acres land has been earmarked for IT and IT-enabled services office spaces and commercial space.
- Where did International Peace Conference to promote peace and harmony in the North Eastern region of India held at?
5. IndoreAnswer – 2. Imphal
International Peace Conference in Imphal was held with an objective to promote peace and harmony in the North Eastern region of India. The conference was attended by religious leaders from various countries, including Buddhist monks from South-East Asia and Myanmar.
- Which state made Aadhaar card compulsory in order to avail fertiliser subsidy for farmers?
1. Madhya Pradesh
5. OdishaAnswer – 4. Maharashtra
Maharashtra Agriculture Minister Pandurang Fundkar has announced that, in order to avail fertiliser subsidy, farmers in Maharashtra will have to provide their Aadhaar number. As per this announcement, farmers won’t need to have a debit or credit card to purchase fertilisers. They can pay in cash, but their Aadhar will be entered in the Point of Sale (PoS) machines. The subsidy will be deposited to farmers’ account only if Aadhaar number has been provided.
- Which two towns in Mathura district is notified as “pavitra teerth sthals” by Uttar Pradesh State Government?
1. Lucknow & Agra
2. Kanpur & Varanasi
3. Meerut & Noida
4. Jhansi & Bairelly
5. Vrindavan and BarsanaAnswer – 5. Vrindavan and Barsana
Uttar Pradesh State Government issued an order notifying Vrindavan and Barsana towns in Mathura district as “pavitra teerth sthals” (sacred pilgrimage sites). Due to this notification, no meat and liquor shops will be allowed in these towns anymore. Departments of urban development, excise, food and drug administration, general administration and home have been directed by the State Government to ensure that necessary steps are taken in this regard within three months.
- Where did the 11th World Congress on “Adolescent Health”, aiming at lowering mortality rates for adolescents held at?
5. New DelhiAnswer – 5. NewDelhi
The 11th World Congress on Adolescent Health is held in New Delhi. The theme for World Congress on Adolescent Health 2017 is ‘Investing in Adolescent Health—the Future is Now’. This year’s event is focused on lowering mortality rates for adolescents. This event is hosted by MAMTA Health Institute for Mother and Child and the Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) with support of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Where is the 14th South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation in Law (SAARCLAW) Conference is being held at?
1. Colombo, Sri Lanka
2. Jaffna, Sri Lanka
3. Mumbai, India
4. New Delhi, India
5. Islamabad, PakistanAnswer – 1. Colombo, Sri Lanka
14th South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation in Law (SAARCLAW)Conference is being held from 27th -29th October, 2017 in Colombo, Sri Lanka, along with the 11th SAARC Chief Justices Conference. The conference was inaugurated on October 27, 2017 by Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe. Theme of 14th SAARCLAW Conference is “Emerging Legal Trends in SAARC Countries”. The conference is being attended by South Asia’s top Judges, legal practitioners and academics.
- Catalonia declared independence from which country after lawmakers in the autonomous region voted to declare independence?
5. BangladeshAnswer – 3. Spain
Catalonia declared independence from Spain after lawmakers in the autonomous region voted to declare independence. The parliament of Catalonia has voted to declare independence from Spain. The decision was made during a secret vote in Barcelona on 27th October 2017. After the declaration, the Spanish government dismissed the Catalan President Carles Puigdemont and his cabinet. It allowed Madrid to directly administer the region. The Spanish Prime Minister also suspended top officials of Catalonia’s regional police.
- Name the First-ever Insurance Policy launched by Star Health Insurance for Persons Diagnosed with Cancer?
1. Star Cancer insurance
2. Star Cancer Care Gold
3. Star Cancer care policy
4. Star Cancer pay-out benefits
5. Star Cancer Life care plansAnswer – 2. Star Cancer Care Gold
Star Health and Allied Insurance (SHAI) has introduced first-ever health insurance cover for people already diagnosed with cancer. This insurance policy has been named ‘Star Cancer Care Gold’. It covers the risk of recurrence, the spread of cancer (metastasis) and second cancer (second malignancy).
- According to the Survey conducted by Capgemini and LinkedIn, which country emerges as biggest source for digital talent?
5. JapanAnswer – 2. India
According to a survey by global consulting firm Capgemini and LinkedIn, India has the highest proportion of Digital Talent among the countries surveyed. At 76%, India had the highest proportion of Digital Talent among all the countries that were surveyed. The global average stood at 56%.
- Which State Government announced signing of a Memorandum of Understanding with Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited with an objective to provide technology-oriented solutions to small farmers for helping them to increase their income?
5. GujaratAnswer – 1. Karnataka
Karnataka State Government announced signing of a Memorandum of Understanding with Microsoft Corporation India Private Limitedwith an objective to provide technology-oriented solutions to small farmers for helping them to increase their income. As per the terms of this MoU, Microsoft India along with Karnataka Agricultural Price Commission and Department of Agriculture will conduct experiments to improve price forecasting practices to benefit farmers.
- Which country is the largest smartphone market in the world?
5. NorwayAnswer – 2. China
Canalys has released a report recently that states, India has become the second largest smartphone market in the world. The 1st position is occupied by China. India’s mobile phone shipments have increased by 23% compared to 2016. Mobile brands Xiaomi and Samsung account for almost half of the total market.
- Which company becomes India’s first company to cross Rs6 trillion market cap?
2. Print Venue
3. Reliance Industries Limited
4. Kellton Ltd
5. PaytmAnswer – 3. Reliance Industries Limited
Mukesh Ambani’s company Reliance Industries Limited has reached yet another milestone by becoming the first Indian company ever to cross a market capitalization of Rs. 6-trillion.The recent tariff hikeby Reliance Jio also contributed to RIL’s stock price rise. RIL stock got a further push as Jio, its telecom arm, recently hiked tariffs earlier than anticipated.
- Who was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by the PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, at a ceremony held at Siri Fort Auditorium, in New Delhi?
1. Moushumi Chatterjee
2. Deepika Padukone
3. Niki Lauda
4. Amitav Gosh
5. Sharmila TagoreAnswer – 5. Sharmila Tagore
Sharmila Tagore was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by Minister of State for Prime Minister’s Office Jitendra Singh and Delhi BJP chief Manoj Tiwari for her contribution in the field of cinema. Sharmila Tagore is 72 years old. She is a renowned Bollwood actress.
- Where did the International Science Festival’s Start-up Summit – 2017 held at?
5. MumbaiAnswer – 3. Chennai
Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) has received an award from All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), at the International Science Festival’s Start-up Summit – 2017, at Chennai. Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) received the award fromAICTE for supporting, promoting and mentoring technology start-ups.
- Where is Madame Tussauds wax Museum Located?
5. NewZealandAnswer – 2. London
Madame Tussauds is a wax museum on London with smaller museums in a no of other major cities. At Madame Tussauds Delhi, wax figures of famous personalities including sports, history, politics and glamour will be displayed under one roof. Visitors will have the opportunity to interact with the figures of celebrities, which is a unique part of the show. Justin Bieber has a huge fan following among youngsters in our country and the request for his figure has been long awaited.
- Assam CM launches a new web portal “Assam Darpan” to provide data to people on _____________ ?
1. Solar Related Projects
2. Government Schems & Projects
3. Government Exams Update
4. Aadhar Card Details
5. Government Employment OppurtunitiesAnswer – 2. government schems & projects
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched a web portal ‘Assam Darpan’ where details of government schemes and projects would be available to the people. The Assam Darpan platform has been developed by the National Informatics Centre, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, as a part of the Digital India Programme.
- In which country World’s first hydrogen tram is operated, which is a pollutant free hybrid tram?
5. ChinaAnswer – 5. China
The world’s first hybrid electric tram powered by hydrogen fuel cells has started running in China, marking a big step in the application of green energy in public transport. Researched and manufactured by Chinese, it is the world’s first hybrid electric tram, with hydrogen being the main power source, according to China Railway Rolling Corporation (CRRC) Tangshan Co, the maker of the tram.
- Scientists from which country has developed the fastest light pulse, beating the 53-attosecond record set by the US?
5. AustraliaAnswer – 2. Switzerland
Scientists at the ETH Zurich have demonstrated the fastest light pulse ever developed, beating the 53-attosecond record set by the US. The newly developed laser pulse is a 43-attosecond X-ray flash. Light travelling at 3 lakh km/sec covers less than one-thousandth of hair-width during 43 attoseconds. This makes the 43-attosecond pulse as the shortest man-made controlled event.
- In which country the world’s oldest tsunami victim’s skull was discovered?
1. Papua New Guinea
5. PollandAnswer – 1. Papua New Guinea
The study published in the journal PLOS ONE, states that, Papua New Guinea has experienced repeated tsunamis. The human skull that was discovered in Papua New Guinea in 1929 is declared as the skull of the world’s oldest tsunami victim. The Aitape Skull was discovered 90 years ago by Australian geologist Paul Hossfeld near the northern coast of Papua New Guinea, near Aitape town.
- Which is the first ever coffee table book on the Department of Defence Production (DDP)?
1. Dining with the Maharajas
2. A journey towards your Goal
3. Posing for Posterity
4. A journey towards self-reliance
5. Art of exile paintingsAnswer – 4. A journey towards self-reliance
A journey towards self-reliance is the first ever coffee table book on the Department of Defence Production (DDP). It narrates the post-independence years of development, production of arms, ammunition and defence equipment, with a view to achieve self-reliance for the Armed Forces of India. The book mentions about the Government of India’s effort to establish India as a global manufacturing hub, under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- When does the International Animation Day observed all over the world?
1. 28th October
2. 29th October
3. 30th October
4. 25th October
5. 26th OctoberAnswer – 1. 28th October
28th October was declared as the International Animation Day by ASIFA (International Animated Film Association) in 2002. Each year, ASIFA groups around the world celebrate International Animation Day.They celebrate International Animation Day by screening animated films, organizing workshops, exhibiting artwork and stills, providing technical demonstrations, and helping to promote the art of animation.