Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which date is observed as National Ayurveda Day across the country by the Ministry of AYUSH ?
Answer – D.October 28
National Ayurveda Day observed on October 28 across the country by the Ministry of AYUSH. It organized a one day National Seminar on ‘’Prevention and Control of Diabetes through Ayurveda’’ on 28th October 2016 at New Delhi. Dr.Jitender Singh inaugurated the seminar and Minister of AYUSH (IC) Shri Shripad Yesso Naik presided over the programme. The Ministry of AYUSH launches “Mission Madhumeha through Ayurveda” on the occasion.
- Who is the Goa’s first woman chief minister passed away at an age of 81 ?
Answer – B.Shashikala Kakodar
Goa’s first woman chief minister Shashikala Kakodar passed away after a brief illness. She was 81. A prominent leader of the Maharashtrwadi Gomantak Party, Kakodkar was the daughter of Goa’s first chief minister Dayanand Bandodkar.
- Which person is the World’s Oldest Royal is an Imperial Army veteran who has died recently in Tokyo?
Answer – A.Prince Mikasa
Prince Mikasa, an Imperial Army veteran who turned pacifist and reigned during World War II, died in Tokyo. He was the uncle of the current emperor, Akihito. He was 100. He was the first Japanese royal to become a professor, and to get a driver’s license.
- Which state has the highest life expectancy, according to the data given by the Registrar General of India (RGI)?
B.Jammu and Kashmir
Answer – B.Jammu and Kashmir
According to the data given by the Registrar General of India (RGI), Jammu and Kashmir has surpassed Kerala as the state with the highest life expectancy in India for all ages, barring life expectancy at birth. The data prepared following surveys done between 2010 and 2014, Kerala used to be the leader in life expectancy in almost all categories of age till 2010.
- Which state became the second Open Defecation Free (ODF) state on October 29, 2016?
Answer – C.Himachal Pradesh
After Sikkim, Himachal Pradesh became Open Defecation Free (ODF) state said by Chief minister Virbhadra Singh on October 29, 2016. The hill state of Himachal has become the first large state has successfully achieved a total rural sanitation coverage of 100 per cent in the state in it’s all 12 districts. Virbhadra Singh also wished to launch a joint programme with the state to mitigate water borne diseases in near future.
- Which Chief Minister has announced to remove upper age limit for widows and divorced women who are all applying for government jobs?
Answer – C.Akhilesh Yadav
Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav announced to remove upper age limit for widows and divorced women who are all applying for government jobs. The age limit for government exam is as follows. In general the maximum age limit for Non-Gazetted Posts is 28 years and for Gazetted Posts upper age limit is 26 years.
- The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has laid the foundation stone of National Institute of Archaeology at which city in Uttar Pradesh?
Answer – D.Noida
The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has laid the foundation stone of National Institute of Archaeology at Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh. The Union government named the National Archaeology Institute in the name of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay is a tribute to the social reformer as the nation celebrates his 100th Birth Anniversary. Recently government appointed 23- member Executive Committee to commemorate the birth centenary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay. Rajnath Singh is the chairman of that committee.
- Union Cabinet given its ex-post facto approval on October 27, 2016 to formation of the Indian Institute of Science Education & Research (IISER) at which place under the Societies Registration Act, 1860?
Answer – A.Berhampur, Odisha
Union Cabinet given its ex-post facto approval on October 27, 2016 to formation of the Indian Institute of Science Education & Research (IISER) at Berhampur in Odisha under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. The cabinet approved setting up and operationalisation of the institute in a transit/temporary campus from academic year 2016-17 for initial three years (2016-19), involving a cost of Rs 152.79 crore.
- Which state players became the champions in the National Cadet Corp (NCC) National Games was held at DG NCC Camp, Delhi?
Answer – C.Punjab
(IANS) Punjab Directorate became champions in the National Cadet Corp (NCC) National Games. Minister of State for Defence Subhash Bhamre presented trophies to the winners at the closing ceremony at Delhi Cantonment. The theme of the closing ceremony was “Vibrant India”.
- Which report is on the anti-doping methods employed at Rio 2016 has highlighted “serious failings”?
Answer – D.WADA
A WADA report on the anti-doping methods employed at Rio 2016 has highlighted “serious failings”. The World Anti-Doping Agency said many athletes who had been targeted for testing “simply could not be found”. According to its 55-page Independent Observers report, of the 11,470 athletes, 4,125 had no record of any testing in 2016, of whom 1,913 were competing in 10 “higher-risk sports”.
- Which sea is the World’s largest marine protected area declared in Antarctica that has been agreed by delegates from 24 countries and the European Union?
Answer – A.Ross Sea
Delegates from 24 countries and the European Union have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the
world’s largest Marine Protected Area (MPA). Some 1.57m sq km (600,000 sq miles) of the Southern Ocean will gain protection from commercial fishing for 35 years. This is the first large scale MPA on the high seas.
- According to the report Two-thirds of wild animals may go extinct by which year ?
Answer – B.2020
Global wildlife populations have fallen by 58 per cent since 1970, a report by the Living Planet assessment by the Zoological Society of London (ZSL) and the World Wildlife Fund (WWF). It suggests that if the trend continues that decline could reach two-thirds among vertebrates by 2020. The figures suggest that animals living in lakes, rivers and wetlands are suffering the biggest losses.
- Which app has been launched by Dr.Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space?
A.The Information Online (IO) App
B.The Employers Online (EO) App
C.The Science Online (SO) App
D.The Employees Online (EO) App
Answer – D.The Employees Online (EO) App
The Employees Online (EO) App launched by Dr.Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space. EO App is a mobile application of the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions. The appl is updated on real time basis with appointments and postings approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) and vacancies at senior level.
- Which pharma company has acquired 100 percent equity in the US-based eye care specialist Ocular Technologies?
Answer – C.Sun Pharma
The country’s largest pharma company Sun Pharma acquired 100 per cent equity in the US-based eye care specialist Ocular Technologies. It bought the Ocular Tech owned by the private equity firm Auven Therapeutics, for a front payment of $40 million. Currently, Ocular is developing Seciera for treating dry eye disease.
- Who is appointed as chief of Enforcement Directorate, the agency entrusted with probing money laundering cases?
Answer – A.Karnal Singh
Karnal Singh is a 1984 batch IPS officer of Union territories cadre, appointed chief of Enforcement Directorate, the agency entrusted with probing money laundering cases. The appointments committee of cabinet has approved the appointment of Singh as director, Enforcement Directorate (ED) till August 31, 2017. Mr.Singh, is holding the additional charge of ED chief since August last year and He is at present special director in the ED.
- Which Bank has extended a warm felicitation to Ananthakrishna, non-Executive Chairman of the Bank, on his retirement?
A.Indian Overseas Bank
D.Punjab National Bank
Answer – C.Karnataka Bank
Karnataka Bank extended a warm felicitation to Ananthakrishna, non-Executive Chairman of the Bank, on his retirement. Mr. Ananthakrishna was associated with the bank for over 45 years in various capacities and retired on attaining the age of 70.
- Which person along with Lamiya Aji Bashar were honored with the Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought, the European Union’s top human rights award?
Answer – B.Nadia Murad
Nadia Murad and Lamiya Aji Bashar, two young Iraqis who escaped sexual slavery by the Islamic State and became advocates for women’s rights were honored with the Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought, the European Union’s top human rights award. Ms.Murad and Ms.Aji Bashar are among thousands of women and girls from the Yazidi community whom the terrorist group kidnapped, sexually assaulted, enslaved and in many cases killed.
- Which limited has received the delivery of world’s first very large ethane carrying ships Very Large Ethane Carriers (VLECs) from Samsung Heavy Industries’ shipyards in Korea?
A.Reliance Industries Ltd
C.ABC India Limited
D.Aditya Birla Chemicals Limited
Answer – A.Reliance Industries Ltd
Reliance Industries Ltd has received the delivery of world’s first very large ethane carrying ships Very Large Ethane Carriers (VLECs) from Samsung Heavy Industries’ shipyards in Korea. RIL inaugurated its very first two VLECs named Ethane Crystal and Ethane Emerald which are the first in a series of six VLECs ordered by RIL in 2014. It’s capacity is 87,000 cubic meters and it will be used for ferrying the fuel from the US.
- Which Bank has issued rules permitting these to raise External Commercial Borrowings (ECBs) per start-up was capped at $3 million per financial year to support financing for start-ups?
D.Reserve Bank of India
Answer – D.Reserve Bank of India
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued rules permitting these to raise External Commercial Borrowings (ECBs) per start-up was capped at $3 million per financial year to support financing for start-ups. The borrowing could be either in rupees or a convertible foreign currency or a combination of both.The money could be used for any expenditure of the borrower’s business. Startups can tap lenders and investors only from countries that are members of the Financial Action Task Force.
- Who is the High Commissioner of India to Sri Lanka?
Answer – C.Y.K. Sinha
Mr. Y.K. Sinha, High Commissioner of India inaugurated the Rabindranath Tagore Memorial Library and Resource Centre in Sri Palee College at Horana in Sri Lanka on October 28, 2016. It is renovated by the Government of India at a total cost of SLR 38 million. It has also built an audio-visual lab, improved the external landscape and built approach roads inside the school premises.
- What is the rank positioned by the India out of 183 countries in 2016 Global Youth Development Index compiled by the Commonwealth Secretariat?
Answer – A.133
India has ranked 133 out of 183 countries in 2016 Global Youth Development Index compiled by the Commonwealth Secretariat. It has registered an impressive improvement of nearly 11 per cent in its youth development scores in the period between 2010 and 2015. Top 5 Countries : Germnay, Denmark, Switzerland, Australia and UK. Other Neighbouring countries : Nepal (77), Bhutan (69) and Sri Lanka (31).
- First Workshop on the use of IHSN Toolkit was inagurated by D.V. Sadananda Gowda in which city?
Answer – D.New Delhi
First Workshop on the use of IHSN Toolkit was inagurated by D.V. Sadananda Gowda, Minister for Statistics and Programme Implementation in New Delhi.He also launched the new Website of the Ministry. IHSN – Micro data Management Toolkit developed by the World Bank Data, Asian Development Bank, ADP (Accelerated Data Program), OECD (Organisation of Economic Corporation and Development & PARIS21. It is designed to address the technical issues facing data producers.
- Cabinet has approved agreement between India along with which country on transfer of sentenced persons under the Repatriation of Prisoners Act 2003?
Answer – D.Estonia
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval for signing and ratification of an agreement between India and Estonia on the transfer of sentenced persons. The Repatriation of Prisoners Act 2003, was enacted for serving the below purpose. This agreement facilitate the Indian prisoners imprisoned in Estonia or vice-versa to be near to their families for serving remaining part of their sentence. The transfer of such prisoners to their own native countries shall facilitate their social rehabilitation.