AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 26 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affair October 26 2017
- What method of ranking will be launched by Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) to rank govt departments over anti-corruption measures?
2. Smart Card Index
3. Integrity Index
4. Reputation Index
5. Public Sector VotingAnswer – 3. Integrity Index
In a bid to practice preventive vigilance, Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) will develop an ‘Integrity Index’, which will annually rank government entities viz. Public Sector Undertakings, Public Sector Banks and Financial Institution, Departments and Ministries of Government of India on anti-corruption measures which will include internal processes and controls as well as organisation’s interaction with external stakeholders.
- In which district of Tamil Nadu, Chief Minister, EK Palaniswami laid the foundation stone for an aerospace park?
1. Kanniyakumari District
2. Kanchipuram District
3. Karur District
4. Coimbatore District
5. Thoothukudi DistrictAnswer – 2. Kanchipuram district
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister, EK Palaniswami laid the foundation stone for an aerospace park at Kanchipuram district. The aerospace park will be set up by Tamil Nadu State Government in 245 acres of land at an estimated cost of Rs. 198 crore. This project will be jointly implemented by Tamil Nadu State Industries Promotion Corporation Ltd and Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation.
- Deadline for linking Aadhaar with government schemes extended from Dec 31, 2017 to ________ ?
1. May 31, 2018
2. June 31, 2018
3. March 31, 2018
4. Dec 31, 2018
5. July 31, 2018Answer – 3. March 31, 2018
Union Government informed Supreme Court that deadline for linking of Aadhaar to avail benefits under government welfare schemes has been postponed to March 31, 2018. Before this extension, the deadline for linking Aadhaar was December 31, 2017. On account of this extension, benefit to participants of various welfare schemes administered by Central Government, who do not have Aadhaar number or who have not linked their Aadhaar number, will not be denied till March 31, 2017.
- Where did 3rd Global Investors’ India Forum take place?
2. New Delhi
5. HyderabadAnswer – 2. New delhi
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, R. K. Singh addressed the 3rd Global Investors’India Forum in New Delhi. The event was organized by Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM). Theme of this event was ‘Ideate, Innovate, Implement and Invest in India’. Distinguished names from global industry attended this event. They held discussions with Mr. Singh and senior officials of Power Ministry.
- Which State Government has started the process to prepare the second phase of the State Climate Change Action Plan (SCCAP) for the next five years with an outlay of Rs. 31667 crore?
5. OdishaAnswer – 5. Odisha
Odisha State Government has started the process to prepare the second phase of the State Climate Change Action Plan (SCCAP) for the next five years with an outlay of Rs. 31667 crore.
Officials of State Forest and Environment departments have been directed to make an assessment of the benefits derived from the first phase of the SCCAP implemented from 2010-11 to 2015-16. The second phase of SCCAP will follow a two-pronged approach focusing on ‘adaptation’ and ‘mitigation’.
- IAF planes carry out emergency landing drill on Lucknow-Agra Expressway in which district of UP?
5. VaranasiAnswer – 2. Unnao
The Indian Air Force (IAF) aircrafts on 24th oct 2017 took off as part of a special drill on a Four kilometre stretch of the Agra-Lucknow Expressway in Uttar Pradesh’s Unnao district. The exercise by the IAF, in collaboration with the Uttar Pradesh government, saw aC-130 J Super Hercules transport aircraft make a short landing on the highway, around 65 km from Lucknow.
- According to “Lonely Planet” the travel guide company, Which country is ranked as the number one country to visit in 2018, in its Best in Travel 2018 list?
5. ChileAnswer – 5. Chile
Lonely Planet released its Best in Travel 2018 list on 24th October 2017. Top 10 destinations were listed in 4 categories namely: Top 10 countries, Top 10 cities, Top 10 regions, Top 10 best value.
In the top 10 countries category, Chile was ranked the number one country. It was followed by South Korea and Portugal in the 2nd and 3rd positions. In the top 10 cities category, Seville of Spain was ranked as number one. In the top 10 regions category, Belfast & the Causeway Coast of Northern Ireland was ranked number one. In the top 10 best value, Tallinn of Estonia was given the number one rank.
- To which university in Srilanka, India provided equipment and vehicles worth USD 585,000 ?
1. University of Jaffna
2. University of Colombo
3. University of Moratuwa
4. University of Ruhuna
5. University of WellasaAnswer – 1. University of Jaffna
India provided equipment and vehicles worth USD 585,000 to University of Jaffna in Sri Lanka. Jaffna is a Tamil-dominated former war zone in Northern part of Sir Lanka. These equipments and vehicles are a part of the USD 3.9 million project to develop the agriculture and engineering departments of the university. The project aims to create better facilities and improved learning environment for students pursuing professional courses in Agriculture and Engineering.
- Which Arabian country announced minimum wage for its workers for the first time?
3. Saudi Arabia
5. IraqAnswer – 2. Qatar
Qatar announced minimum wage for its workers for the first time. Qatar has introduced certain labour law reforms, including minimum wage. It has not been announced when these reforms will come into effect. The International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) has welcomed this move.
- Which country unveils World’s first track-less train that runs on virtual railways?
5. JapanAnswer – 2. China
China’s world’s first track-less train, that runs on virtual track is promoted as the ‘World’s First smart train’. This train could travel at the speed of 70 kmph. This train is called Autonomous Rail Transit (ART). This train was created to reduce urban traffic problems. This was developed by CRRC Corporation Limited. This train is a hybrid between a bus and tram. It runs on virtual railways that are represented by white lines.
- Which union minister had presented the Letters of Intent (LOI) to seven shortlisted entities under the ‘Adopt a Heritage Scheme’?
1. Narendra Modi
2. Sushma Swaraj
3. Smriti Rani
4. Rajnath Singh
5. Arun JaitelyAnswer – 5. Arun Jaitely
Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley has presented Letters of Intent (LOI) to seven shortlisted entities under the ‘Adopt a Heritage Scheme’. LOIs were presented at the closing ceremony of ‘Paryatan Parv’ in New Delhi on October 25, 2017. Post announcement of this scheme, Ministry of Tourism received positive response from several organisations.
- What is the MoU that was signed between Hyderabad to Malaysia regarding the exploration of new locations for connectivity?
1. MoU to promote culture
2. MoU to promote tradition
3. MoU to promote Archeological findings
4. MoU to promote tourism
5. MoU to promote industriesAnswer – 4. MoU to promote tourism
GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd, Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad (MAHB) and Malaysia Tourism Promotion Board (MTPB) signed a MoU to promote the growth of tourism traffic. The MoU was signed to promote tourism from the catchment area of Hyderabad to Malaysia and also to explore new locations for connectivity.
- Which ministry launched Start-up Programme for entrepreneurs in Oil and Gas sector?
1. Oil & Natural Gas ministry
2. Petroleum ministry
3. Ministry of AYUSH
4. Ministry of Civil Aviation
5. Ministry of Consumer AffairsAnswer – 2. Petroleum ministry
Union Petroleum Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan launched Start-up Programme for entrepreneurs in Oil and Gas sector.
10 public sector oil and gas companies have setup venture capital fund to encourage start-ups based on innovative ideas in the oil and gas sector. The venture fund will disburse Rs 320 crore over a 3-year period to support novel ideas which would cause positive disruption in the energy sector. At the launch function, 36 startups signed memorandum of understanding (MoU) to partner with various state-run firms like Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum and GAIL India.
- Which is the first Indian company, which was ranked ninth in the Science Careers’ top employers’ survey?
2. Alfern Biotech
4. Explore Biotech
5. BioconAnswer – 5. Biocon
Biocon, a Banglore based company, is the first Indian company, which was ranked ninth in the survey. The survey was based on an evaluation of 23 characteristics including financial strength, easy adaptation to change, and a research-driven environment. Biocon has been ranked No.9 in The Science Careers Top 20 Employers Survey 2017. It is the only Asian Company in the prestigious list of global biotech and pharma companies. Biocon has been recognised for‘being an innovative leader in the industry’, ‘having a clear vision’ and ‘being socially responsible’.
- 2017 HIV Lifetime Achievement Award for Public Service was given to a couple from which country?
1. South Korea
4. South Africa
5. SwedenAnswer – 4. South Africa
Salim Abdool Karim and Quarraisha Abdool Karim received the 2017 IHV Lifetime Achievement Award for Public Service from the Institute of Human Virology (IHV) in Baltimore, US. The award was presented to them by Robert Gallo, for their exceptional contributions in the field of HIV/AIDS. Robert Gallo is the one who discovered that HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) is the cause of AIDS.
- Who is the newly appointed Chief Secretary of Uttarakhand?
1. Prema Khandu
2. Utpal Kumar Singh
3. Nitish Kumar
4. Sarbananda Sonowal
5. Durga DasAnswer – 2. Utpal Kumar Singh
Senior IAS officer Utpal Kumar Singh took charge as the new chief secretary of Uttarakhand replacing S Ramaswamy, in Dehradun. Utpal Kumar Singh is a 1986 batch IAS officer. He was earlier posted on deputation in New Delhi as additional secretary in the ministry of agriculture. He was relieved from his responsibilities at the Centre before completion of his deputation term due to a request from the Uttarakhand state government.
- Who was the CEO of American Express since last 16 Years?
1. Stephen Squari
2. Ralph De Vega
3. Kenneth Chenault
4. Nitish Kumar
5. Pinto SureshAnswer – 3. Kenneth Chenault
American Express Co said that, its chairman and chief executive officer Kenneth Chenault would step down in 2018. Kenneth Chenault, will be succeeded by Vice Chairman Stephen Squeri as CEO, on 1st February 2018. Kenneth Chenault is 66 years old. Chenault joined American Express in 1981 as a director of strategic planning. He became the CEO of American Express in 2001. He has held the CEO position for almost 16 years.
- Which Indian Armed force has approved a “new mission-based deployment” plan under which mission-ready ships and aircrafts will be deployed along critical sea lanes of communications?
1. House of People
2. Council of Ministers headed by PM
3. Indian Air Force
4. Indian Army
5. Indian NavyAnswer – 5. Indian Navy
During the ongoing Naval Commanders’ Conference, Indian Navy has approved a “new mission-based deployment” plan under which mission-ready ships and aircrafts will be deployed along critical sea lanes of communications. This plan comes in the wake of China’s growing presence in the Indian Ocean region.
- India’s first all-woman crew on circumnavigation of globe under ‘Navika Sagar Parikrama’ expedition arrived at which country after sailing for 43 days?
1. New Zealand
5. ChileAnswer – 3. Australia
India’s first all-woman crew on circumnavigation of globe under ‘Navika Sagar Parikrama’ expedition arrived at Fremantle, Australia after sailing for 43 days. Under ‘Navika Sagar Parikrama’, six-member all-women crew will cover 21,600 nautical miles around the world in eight months and will return to Goa from where the expedition began in September 2017.
- Which is the world’s first country to grant citizenship to a robot, by granting citizenship to Sophia, an Artificially Intelligent (AI) robot?
3. Saudi Arabia
5. IndiaAnswer – 3. Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia became the world’s first country to grant citizenship to a robot, by granting citizenship to Sophia, an Artificially Intelligent (AI) robot. The robot, Sophia, was awarded citizenship of Saudi Arabia at the Future Investment Initiative summit in Riyadh. Specific details of Sophia’s citizenship were not discussed. It is not clear whether she will receive the same rights as human citizens, or if Saudi Arabia will develop a specific system devoted to robots.
- Which IPL team have won arbitration case against the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) over wrongful termination from the Indian Premier League (IPL) and demand Rs.850 crore compensation from BCCI?
1. Chennai Super Kings
2. Mumbai Indians
3. Kochi Tuskers
4. Kolkata Knight riders
5. Delhi DaredevilsAnswer – 3. Kochi Tuskers
Kochi Tuskers’ IPL contract was terminated by previous BCCI president Shashank Manohar citing breach of franchise agreement in 2011. Kochi Tuskers appealed against this decision. Kochi Tuskers owners had won the arbitration case against BCCI in 2015. BCCI was asked to pay Rs.550 crore as compensation with 18 % annual penalty on failing to do so.
- The Committee of Administrators (COA) choose which state as an associate member in the Indian cricket board (BCCI)?
1. Tamil Nadu
5. KeralaAnswer – 4. Puducherry
the Committee of Administrators (COA) chose Puducherry as an associate member in the Indian cricket board (BCCI). Three parties had claimed to represent Puducherry in the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). The Cricket Association of Puducherry (CAP) was chosen by the Committee of Administrators (CoA) as an associate member of the BCCI.
- According to Forbes most valuable brands among athletes, Virat Kohli is in which position?
5. 10thAnswer – 2. 7th
According to Forbes, Kohli is ranked seventh in the list released by Forbes ahead of Messi, who is at ninth. Between Kohli and Messi is the Irish golfer Rory McIlroy. Kohli is placed at seventh with a brand value of $14.5 million, compared to Messi’s $13.5 million. Roger Federer tops the list with a brand value of $37.2 million, followed by basketball star LeBron James with $33.4 million and Usain Bolt with $27 million.
- Who is the second Indian-origin player to be signed by NBA G-League side?
1. Satnam Singh
2. Kantar Enes
3. Kennard Luke
4. Gokul Natesan
5. Kleber MaxiAnswer – 4. Gokul Natesan
Gokul Natesan became the second Indian-origin player to be signed by an NBA G-League side. He was signed by Canton Charge, a minor league affiliate team of Cleveland Cavaliers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He is 23 years old. He is a computer science graduate. He lives in a small town sandwiched between Santa Clara and Cupertino, in the USA.
- Who is Gaur Kishore Ganguli?
5. Freedom FighterAnswer – 5. Freedom Fighter
Freedom fighter and lawyer Gaur Kishore Ganguli died at his residence in Dhanbad, Jharkhand. He died in a cardiac arrest at his residence in Dhanbad, Jharkand. His last rites was performed with state honours. Ganguli is survived by his wife, four daughters and widowed daughter-in-law and a grandson. He was born on 21st October, 1923 in Purulia in West Bengal.
- Fats Domino, the first black performer from US, is related to which field of entertainment?
5. MagicianAnswer – 4. Singer
October 2017, singer Fats Domino died due to natural causes in New Orleans, United States. Fats Domino was born in 1928. He left school at 14 years to work in a bedspring factory. He then started his career as a singer.
ii. His first recorded song is The Fat Man (1949). He became one of the first black performers to feature on pop music television shows.
- When was the World Polio Day was observed all over the world ?
1. 24th October
2. 25th October
3. 26th October
4. 27th October
5. 28th OctoberAnswer – 1. 24th October
World Polio Day was established by Rotary International. It is held on October 24th in celebration of the birth of Dr. Jonas Salk, the man who led the first team to develop a vaccine against polio. The development of the polio vaccine reduced polio worldwide by 99%. Polio is a crippling and potentially fatal infectious disease.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification