Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which minister has chaired The 64th Meeting of the Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) was held in New Delhi?
D.Prakash JavadekarAnswer – D.Prakash Javadekar
The 64th Meeting of the Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) was held under the Chairmanship of Union Human Resource Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar.It was held at New Delhi. Union Minister of Human Resource Development stressed that education is a national agenda which touches the lives of each and every individual. He also referred that in the past our country had a glorious contribution to the world both in terms of GDP and economic trade because of the world renowned educational institutions.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the four day long First National Tribal Carnival-2016 in which place?
D.New DelhiAnswer – D.New Delhi
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated First National Tribal Carnival-2016 in New Delhi. The four day long carnival has been organised by Ministry of Tribal Affairs to promote a sense of inclusiveness amongst the tribals. About 1600 tribal artists and around 8000 tribal delegates from States/UTs such as Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Telangana, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Jharkhand, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Nagaland, Odisha, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Sikkim, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Tamil Nadu are attending the carnival.
- Which state high court has recently ordered a complete ban on the sale of whitener in the state following the death of a teenager because of sniffing as an addiction?
D.UttarakhandAnswer – D.Uttarakhand
The Uttarakhand High Court ordered a complete ban on the sale of whitener in the state following the death of a teenager from sniffing an excess of it for a kick in the district. Taking on its own motion awareness of the death of the 14-year-old boy at Bhowali, about 10 km from Nainitaldue to sniffing excess whitener for a kick, the single bench of Justice Rajeev Sharma directed the state government to put a complete ban on its sale.
- Which state government alongwith Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA) inked a Memorandum of Cooperation called ‘Record of Discussions‘ on ‘Capacity enhancement for sustainable Agriculture and Irrigation Development of that state?
D.NagalandAnswer – C.Mizoram
Mizoram government and Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA) inked a Memorandum of Cooperation called ‘Record of Discussions‘ on ‘Capacity enhancement for sustainable Agriculture and Irrigation Development in Mizoram‘ on October 26, 2016. The agreement was signed by the state Chief Secretary Lalmalsawma on behalf of the Mizoram government and Chief Representative of JICA India Office, Takema Sakomoto. According to the agreement scientists have selected Bilkhawthlir, Serchhip, Aibawk and Champhai areas for the pilot project.
- Which student of Delhi Public School (DPS) has launched an initiative ‘Bagit challenge‘ to involve schools in the national mission towards cleanliness?
D.Gourav SethAnswer – B.Akshat Prakash
Akshat Prakash, student of Delhi Public School (DPS) has launched an initiative ‘Bagit challenge‘ to involve schools in the national mission towards cleanliness. Prakash from Indirapuram, Ghaziabad. The aim is to mobilise a chain of participating schools, all driven by a common objective of making our communities cleaner, healthier and safer.
- What is the new scheme has been launched by The Ministry of Science and Technology by empowering Small and Women Farmers with Science Implementation?
D.Biotech-KISANAnswer – D.Biotech-KISAN
The Ministry of Science and Technology has started two new initiatives namely Biotech-KISAN and Cattle Genomics. Biotech- KISAN (Krishi Innovation Science Application Network) Empowering Small- and Women- Farmers with Science Implementation. Under the scheme, fellowship will be given to women farmers for training and education in the farm practice. Biotech-KISAN will connect farmers to best global practices, training workshop in India and other countries.
- What is the rank of India out 190 countries in World Bank Group’s annual report on the ease of doing business 2017 with a theme Equal Opportunity for All?
D.121Answer – A.130
India is ranked 130 out of 190 countries in World Bank Group’s annual report on the ease of doing business, Doing Business 2017: Equal Opportunity for All. India has moved up only one rank on the World Bank’s ease of doing business ranking this year while in the 2016 edition, India had been downgraded to 131 from 130.
- What is the rank positioned by India in the World Economic Forum’s Global Gender Gap Report 2016?
D.87thAnswer – D.87th
India has climbed 21 spots to rank 87th on the World Economic Forum’s Global Gender Gap Report 2016 while in 2015, it was ranked 108th. With this jump in ranking, India has now overtaken China which is ranked 99th out of 144 countries. Iceland tops the latest rankings followed by Finland, Norway and Sweden. The report measures gender gap as progress towards parity between men and women in four areas – educational attainment, health and survival, economic opportunity and political empowerment.
- Which minister has announced a three days visit to Bahrain for the discussion on terrorism and other bilateral issues between the countries?
D.Suresh PrabhuAnswer – B.Rajnath Singh
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has announced that India and Bahrain, both the countries, are vulnerable to the sufferings of terrorism during his bilateral meeting with Interior Minister of Bahrain Lt. General Shaikh Rashid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa in capital Manama. On the first day of his visit, he met with the Indian community at Indian School Bahrain, Isa Town.
- What is the name of freedom fighter who has passed away at an age of 87 in Shirodi, Goa?
D.Syed Shamsul HaqAnswer – B.Chandrakant Kenkre
Freedom fighter Chandrakant Kenkre has passed away in Shirodi in Goa. He was 87. Kenkre was known for fighting for rights of freedom fighters after liberation of Goa from Portuguese rule in 1961. He fought for the rights of freedom fighters and their families across Goa. He was the former president of Goa Freedom Fighters Association.
- Which Brazilian football giant has died at an age of 72 by following a heart attack recently?
D.Anthony FoleyAnswer – B.Carlos Alberto
Brazilian football giant Carlos Alberto has died aged 72 following a heart attack. Alberto had scored one of the greatest goals in FIFA World Cup history while captaining Brazil to glory in the 1970 final against Italy in Mexico. Alberto coached clubs including Flamengo and Corinthians after calling time on his playing days and also coached in international football, most recently with Azerbaijan.
- Researchers from which university has unveiled that the Uranus might have two tiny, previously undiscovered moons orbiting near two of the planet’s rings?
A.University of England
B.University of Cambridge
D.University of IdahoAnswer – D.University of Idaho
Researchers from University of Idaho unveiled that the Uranus might have two tiny, previously undiscovered moons orbiting near two of the planet’s rings. A new study led by University of Idaho researchers found that there could be two tiny, previously undiscovered moonlets orbiting near two of the planet’s rings. Rob Chancia, a doctoral student at University of Idaho in the US, marked key patterns in the rings while examining decades-old images of Uranus’ icy rings taken by Voyager 2 . Uranian moons are very difficult to observe because of their dark surfaces.
- A new species of millipede found lurking in the unexplored dark marble caves of Sequoia National Park in which state of United States?
D.OhioAnswer – A.California
A new species of millipede found lurking in the unexplored dark marble caves of Sequoia National Park in California. This new species of millipede has been named Illacme tobini. It is the evolutionary cousin of the leggiest animal on the planet, Illacme plenipes. Illacme tobini has 414 legs, four penises and bizarre-mouth parts– the function is unknown.
- India has emerged as the _______ largest startup base and such ventures are poised to grow 2.2 times to reach 10,500 by 2020.
D.fifthAnswer – A.third
India has emerged as the third largest startup base and such ventures are poised to grow 2.2 times to reach 10,500 by 2020. According to “Indian Startup Ecosystem Maturing – 2016” report by Nasscom-ZINNOV, India is in the third position just behind US and UK. Nearly 1,400 new start-ups are expected by end of 2016, up by 8-10 per cent from last year.
- Who has won the 2016 Wildscreen National Geographic Roar Talent Bursary Award for her short-film “Waghoba” at Wildscreen festival which was held at Bristol, UK?
D.SugathakumariAnswer – B.Malaika Vaz
Malaika Vaz has won the 2016 Wildscreen National Geographic Roar Talent Bursary Award for her short-film “Waghoba” at Wildscreen festival which was held at Bristol, UK . She became the first Indian to bagged this award. Short film Waghoba depicts real life story of a newly protected forest in Maharashtra and it was critically acclaimed at the Festival in Bristol, United Kingdom. Malaika name entered into the Limca Book of Records as the youngest Indian to go to North and South poles.
- Who has become the first US author to win the Man Booker Prize with his man-bookerracial satire “The Sellout”?
D.Paul BeattyAnswer – D.Paul Beatty
Paul Beatty has become the first US author to win the Man Booker Prize with his man-bookerracial satire “The Sellout”. His novel tells the story of a young black man who tries to reinstate slavery and racial segregation in a suburb of Los Angeles. This is the third year that the £50,000 prize has been open to writers of any nationality. The shortlist included two British, two US, one Canadian and one British-Canadian writer.
- Which leading suppliers of PVC pipes & fittings sector in India has been bestowed with the national record certificate by The Limca Book of Records?
A.Supreme Industries Ltd
B.SWASTIK PIPE LIMITED
C.Astral Poly Technik Ltd
D.Finolex Industries LtdAnswer – D.Finolex Industries Ltd
Finolex Industries Ltd, one of the famous suppliers of PVC pipes & fittings for the agriculture and non-agricultural sectors in India, has been bestowed with the national record certificate by The Limca Book of Records for conducting the largest number of plumbers meets organised simultaneously across 26 states and 58 cities. The activity was carried out on the occasion of World Plumbing Day was recognized and appreciated by senior plumbers across the country, appreciating the initiative and the company’s dedication in creating a well-trained eco system for new plumbers.
- What is the name of Flipkart Chief Financial Officer has resigned from the company by the end of December?
D.Vinod AbrolAnswer – A.Sanjay Baweja
Flipkart Chief Financial Officer Sanjay Baweja has resigned from the company. Mr. Baweja plans to leave by the end of December. Kalyan Krishnamurthy, head of category management at Flipkart and MD at Tiger Global Management (Flipkart’s largest shareholder), may serve as interim CFO.
- Which radio broadcasting Programme Executive Abhinay Srivastava has won the first prize in the ‘Community Service Announcement’ category ‘Diary of a Tiger‘ on dwindling forests?
D.AIR OdishaAnswer – C.AIR Allahabad
AIR Allahabad Programme Executive Abhinay Srivastava won the first prize in the ‘Community Service Announcement’ category ‘Diary of a Tiger‘ on dwindling forests and gradually decreasing habitats of tigers at the Asia-Pacific Broadcast Union (ABU) Prizes 2016 at Bali, Indonesia. The programme was broadcasted in Hindi (Ek Baagh ki Diary) and produced by AIR Allahabad Programme Executive Abhinay Srivastava.
- Which statement is true related to education quality of female when compared to its neighbouring countries?
Statement 1: The literacy rate of women in India is 48%
Statement 2: India falls short in female literacy when compared to its neighbouring countries
C.Both 1 and 2
D.Neither 1 nor 2Answer – C.Both 1 and 2
India’s school education system was indicated as under-performing in terms of quality in female literacy in comparison with neighbouring countries including Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nepal. The ratio of women who completed five years of primary schooling in India and were literate was 48 per cent, much less than 92 percent in Nepal, 74 per cent in Pakistan and 54 per cent in Bangladesh. These were released by International Commission on Financing Global Education Opportunity (or Education Commission). It shows that India’s education system is under-performing.
- Recently India notified the revised double tax avoidance agreement with which country ?
D.UKAnswer – A.South Korea
India notified the revised double tax avoidance agreement with South Korea on October 26, 2016. It will effect from April 1, 2017.The revised DTAA was signed on May 18, 2015 and it was notified on September 12, 2016.