AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 24 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar mentioned that from the next academic session, ‘Paika Bidroha’ (Paika rebellion) of 1817 will be included in history text books as _________?
1. The Second War Of Independence
2. Pre Kargil War
3. Peaceful Protest
4. The First War Of Independence
5. Pre SathyagrahaAnswer – 4. The First War of Independence
Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar mentioned that from the next academic session, ‘Paika Bidroha’ (Paika rebellion) of 1817 will included in history text books as ‘the First War of Independence’. In July 2017, the then President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated year-long celebration of Bi-Centenary of the Paika Bidroha of Odisha.
- Which state Government released Rs.3,600 crores for the third portion of the third installment, under Waiver Scheme for the sake of farmers?
3. Andhra Pradesh
5. GujaratAnswer – 3. Andhra Pradesh
the Andhra Pradesh Government, released Rs.3,600 crores for the third portion of the third installment, under Waiver Scheme in Andhra Pradesh. The amount will be deposited in the accounts of the farmers with additional 10 % interests. Andhra Pradesh Government, under the leadership of Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu, has been giving the first preference to the farmers.
- Which Central American country, officially signed the Paris climate change agreement and presented the relevant documents for the agreement at the United Nations?
2. Costa Rica
5. HondurasAnswer – 1. Nicaragua
Central American country, Nicaragua officially signed the Paris climate change agreement and presented the relevant documents for the agreement at the United Nations. Paris climate agreement, adopted in December 2015, is an agreement within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) through which member countries have committed to take steps for limiting global warming and thereby avoid dangerous climate change.
- From which country Bangladesh received “The memorabilia of the Bangladesh Liberation War of 1971?”
5. NepalAnswer – 2. India
The memorabilia of the Bangladesh Liberation War of 1971 was handed over to Sheikh Hasina by Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj. During the war, about 10 million Bangladesh people took refuge in India. India and Bangladesh fought together to drive out the Pakistani occupation army. The collection is proposed to be displayed at the Bangladesh National Museum in Shahbagh and the Museum of Independence in Suhrawardy Udyan in Dhaka.
- In which city of Indonesia, the 30th edition of CORPAT (Coordinated Patrol) and 3rd Bilateral exercise between the Indian Navy and the Indonesian Navy was conducted?
5. SemeruAnswer – 3. Belawan
Explanation The 30th edition of CORPAT (Coordinated Patrol) and 3rd Bilateral exercise between the Indian Navy and the Indonesian Navy is conducted in Belawan, Indonesia. Indian Naval Ship Sukanya under the command of Commander SA Deodhar, arrived at Belawan, Indonesia, to participate in the 30th edition of CORPAT (Coordinated Patrol) and 3rd Bilateral exercise between the Indian Navy and the Indonesian Navy.
- How many digits are there in Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) ?
5. 25Answer – 4. 20
LEI is a unique 20 digit alphanumeric code that will be assigned to corporate borrowers. Banks will be required to acquire this number from the borrower and report it to the Central Repository of Information on Large Credits (CRILC) database. CRILC is a database in which details of loan above Rs 5 crore are maintained. On basis of LEI, banks will be able to monitor the aggregate exposure of corporate borrowers.
- Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC) India, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding, with which bank to provide easy access to export finance to the exporters in India?
1. Yes bank
2. IDBI bank
3. HDFC bank
4. Dena bank
5. Punjab National BankAnswer – 5. Punjab National Bank
Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC) India, the premier trade and investment promotion body has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Punjab National Bank (PNB) to provide easy access to export finance to the exporters in India. Members of EEPC will be offered foreign currency loans and advisory support to financing projects through 200 authorised foreign exchange branches of PNB. Exporters can avail loans up to Rs 10 crore at competitive rates. Such loans will be processed within six to seven weeks after application.
- Name the Cobrand Wallet which was launched jointly by IndusInd Bank and MobiKwik.
3. IndusInd Mobikwik
4. Wallet IM
5. Mobi cobrand walletAnswer – 3. IndusInd Mobikwik
IndusInd Bank and MobiKwik announced the launch of a co-branded wallet, “IndusInd Mobikwik”. IndusInd Mobikwik wallet allows IndusInd bank’s customers to pay at the MobiKwik merchant network using their accounts. This wallet has a ‘direct debit feature’ which allows IndusInd Bank account holders to link their accounts just once and pay using the co-branded app as and when required. This feature eliminates the need to load the MobiKwik prepaid wallet separately.
- According to Coeus Age Consulting Report, which Indian state tops in digital initiatives?
1. Uttar Pradesh
3. West Bengal
5. Madhya PradeshAnswer – 5. Madhya Pradesh
As per a report by Coeus Age Consulting, Madhya Pradesh has emerged as the top state in terms of digital initiatives undertaken by State Government. Coeus Age Consulting is an organisation which provides consultancy services on various aspects of digital economy.
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has recommended to reduce how many percent carbon emission in telecom network by 2022-23?
5. 25Answer – 3. 40
In its recommendations to the Department of Telecom, on approach towards sustainable telecommunications, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has recommended 40 per cent carbon emission reduction in telecom network by 2022-23. Target of reduction in carbon emission be set as 30 per cent by year 2019-20 and 40 per cent by the year 2022-23. In context of above mentioned targets, 2011-12 has been set as a base year.
- Which footballer (male) won the FIFA player-of-the-year awards 2017?
1. Lionel Messi
2. Cristiano Ronaldo
4. Tom Brady
5. Cam NewtonAnswer – 2. Cristiano Ronaldo
Footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has been named FIFA Men’s Player of the Year and Lieke Martens has been named FIFA Women’s Player of the Year. FIFA’s annual ‘The Best’ football award ceremony was held on October 23, 2017 in London, UK. Cristiano Ronaldo was adjudged best male footballer by securing 43.16% of the total vote. Male footballers Lionel Messi and Neymar received second and third highest votes respectively.
- Which Indian State’s Election Department has entered Limca Book of Records for the formation of the biggest human logo comprising young voters in the state?
5. BiharAnswer – 3. Meghalaya
the Meghalaya Election Department has entered Limca Book of Records for the formation of the biggest human logo comprising young voters in the state. The logo formation was part of Mission Unite (U and I towards Enrolment) as part of the Special drive to enroll young and left out voters in the age categories of 18 to 21 years held in July 2017 at the Jawaharlal Nehru Sports Complex.
- Who was appointed as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of India Post Payments Bank (IPPB)?
1. AP Singh
2. Ashok pal Singh
3. Seema Biswas
4. Narendra Modi
5. Suresh SethiAnswer – 5. Suresh Sethi
Suresh Sethi has been appointed as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of India Post Payments Bank (IPPB). He replaces AP Singh who had held the post since January 2017. As stated by Union Ministry of Communications, Suresh Sethi had been selected by the Banks Board Bureau. Several top heads from public and private sector banks as well as reputed finance professionals were vying for this post.
- Which state government appointed Kanwaljit Singh Cheema as the principal secretary of Board of Administrators (BoA)?
1. West Bengal
5. TelenganaAnswer – 1. West Bengal
West Bengal government appointed Kanwaljit Singh Cheema as the principal secretary of Board of Administrators (BoA) in Darjeeling. He was the principal secretary of the Mass Education Extension and Library Service Department, has been appointed as principal secretary of the Board Of Administrators. The board was so far run by Barun Roy as an administrator. On 20th September 2017, BoA was formed in place of the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration for Darjeeling hills with Binay Tamang as its chairman. The BoA is a nine-member board.
- . Who is the newly appointed chief executive of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI)?
1. CVR Rajendran
2. Pradeep Kumar
3. Bala Subramanian
4. NS Venkatesh
5. Ajay TyagiAnswer – 4. NS Venkatesh
Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) has been hunting for a new CEO for quite some time after the former CEO Rajendran left while half way through in his tenure in the month of December. Almost after ten months, India’s mutual fund lobby, Association of Mutual Funds in India (Amfi) is set to get its chief executive officer (CEO) MR. NS Venkatesh.
- Reliance Communications (RCom) along with the merger Sistema will carry on SSTL business in India under which Tele service brand?
5. IdeaAnswer – 2. MTS
Anil Ambani-led Reliance Communications (RCom) announced that it has received the final approval on its merger with Sistema from the Department of Telecommunication (DoT). The closure of merger transaction will be completed in November 2017. However, RCom will carry on SSTL business in India under MTS brand.
Validity of RCom’s spectrum portfolio (valid up to 2021) will also be extended as Sistema has spectrum in eight circles – Delhi, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Kolkata, UP-West and West Bengal – with validity up to 2033.
- Myanmar announced to launch its own satellite system in June 2019 which was named as __________?
5. Sat2-MyanmarAnswer – 1. MyanmarSat-2
India’s neighbouring country, Myanmar has announced to launch its own satellite system MyanmarSat-2 in June in 2019. MyanmarSat 2 will carry six C-band and six Ku-band transponders. Myanmar is currently using MyanmarSat-1 on lease system, whereas MyanmarSat-2, will be used on joint ownership system with an undisclosed partner.
- Where was “European Open champions 2017” held at?
5. BelgiumAnswer – 5. Belgium
India’s Divij Sharan and America’s Scott Lipsky won the European Open trophy in Antwerp, Belgium. Divij Sharan and Scott Lipsky defeated Santiago Gonzalez and Julio Peralta by 6-4, 2-6, 10-5 in the finals. They won the 2017 European Open title.
ii. Divij Sharan has won his first title of the 2017 season on the ATP World Tour, and third overall, by winning the European Open trophy.
- Who is the first Indian to occupy the top spot on the ITTF World Junior Circuit standings?
1. Abhay Parshal
2. Abhay Thakkar
3. Viswanath Anand
4. Manav Thakkar
5. Karan TackarAnswer – 4. Manav Thakkar
Manav Thakkar has become the first Indian to occupy the top spot (3,455 points) on the ITTF World Junior Circuit standings. He hails from Surat. He was previously placed at No. 5 position. He has reached the top position of top ITTF Junior Circuit standings after finishing runner-up at the 2017 Serbian Junior and Cadet Open, Belgrade. Through this Manav Thakkar has ensured a place for himself in the ITTF World Junior Circuit Finals to be held in February 2018 in Luxembourg.
- Which country hosted the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup tournament?
5. PakistanAnswer – 2. India
Jitu Rai, a Commonwealth and Asian Games gold-medallist, and Heena Sidhu, also a former Commonwealth Gamesgold-winner, picked up their third gold together in the 10m air pistol mixed team event, being held officially for the first time at an ISSF World Cup on the opening day of competitions . India is hosting the tournament for the first time in its history.
- Who is the former basketball team head coach, who has joined NBA India as Head of Basketball Operations?
1. Satnam Singh
2. Amjyot Singh
3. Vishesh Bhriguvanshi
4. David Rajan
5. Scott FlemingAnswer – 5. Scott Fleming
The National Basketball Association (NBA) announced Scott Fleming, former India men’s national team head coach, has joined NBA India as Head of Basketball Operations. He will oversee the league’s youth and elite basketball development in India, including the Reliance Foundation Jr. NBA program, NBA Academy India and NBA Basketball School.
- I.V.Sasi is related to which field?
1. Film Maker
5. PoliticianAnswer – 1. Film Maker
Noted Malayalam filmmaker I.V.Sasi passed away in Chennai. He was 69 years old. He had been ill for a while. He passed away on 24th October 2017 in Chennai. He is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter. His wife Seema is also an actress. He has directed more than 150 movies in his 40 year career. He started his career as an art director for Kaliyalla Kalyanam in 1968. He made his debut as a director with the movie Ulsavam.
- When is the World Development Information Day observed all over the world?
1. 24th October 2017
2. 25th October 2017
3. 26th October 2017
4. 27th October 2017
5. 28th October 2017Answer – 1. 24th October 2017
On 24th October 2017, the World Development Information Day was observed all over the world. The UN General Assembly declared 24th October as World Development Information Day in 1972. This was done to draw the attention of the world to development problems and the need to strengthen international cooperation to solve them.
- On October 24 2017, Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has celebrated its _______ raising day.
5.57thAnswer – 4. 56th
Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has celebrated its 56th raising day on October 24, 2017. As Indo-Tibetan Border Police celebrates its 56th raising day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and other dignitaries have greeted the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF).