Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The First ever three day long Global Conference to Strengthen Arbitration and Enforcement in India was held in which place?
Answer – – C.New Delhi
The first ever Global Conference to Strengthen Arbitration and Enforcement in India held in New Delhi. The three day long conference titled, “National Initiative On Strengthening Arbitration And Enforcement In India” from October 21st to 23rd, 2016 is being launched by the Government and Judiciary as a major initiative to change the face of dispute resolution in India.
- What is the name of festival is being celebrated by the Monpa Tribe domiciled in the state of Arunachal Pradesh?
Answer – A.Losar
Arunachal Pradesh is one of the land of tribes. The festivals here are abound with zest and life – based on aspects related to nature and agriculture. Dance is the soul of all the festivals here; performed with pride and belief. Losar or The New Year festivalis the most important festival of Tawang District in Arunachal Pradesh. The MonpaTribe celebrated this as the coming of a new year. The Monpas are the major portion of the population in the Tawang region of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and the G20 Anti-Corruption Working Group (ACWG) held a 6th joint Experts Meeting on Corruption in which country?
B.New Delhi, India
Answer – C.Paris, France
The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and the G20 Anti-Corruption Working Group (ACWG) held a 6th joint Experts Meeting on Corruption in Paris, France. The meeting was chaired jointly by the FATF President, Mr. Juan Manuel Vega-Serrano (Spain) and the G20 ACWG Co-Chair, Mr. Creon Butler (United Kingdom). Focus: On transparency and beneficial ownership given the topic’s priority in both the FATF and G20 agendas and its particular interest to the international community overall.
- Which bank has sanctioned Rs 19,702 crore loan to National Water Development Agency (NWDA) for 50 irrigation projects?
C.State Bank Of India
D.Bank of India
Answer – A.NABARD
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development(NABARD) has sanctioned Rs 19,702 crore loan to National Water Development Agency (NWDA) for 50 irrigation projects. The loan is sanctioned under Long Term Irrigation Fund (LTIF), announced by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley during the Budget 2016-17. This would help create additional irrigation potential of 39.14 lakh hectares under these projects in 11 states.
- Which state to launch country’s first indigenous olive oil brand after by eight years of harnessing olive saplings brought from Israel?
Answer – D.Rajasthan
After eight years of harnessing olive saplings brought from Israel, Rajasthan is all set to launch next month its own brand olive oil, which it claims, will be the country’s first indigenously-produced brand. The state would be launching its olive oil under the brand ‘Raj Olive Oil’ at the Global Rajasthan Agri-tech Meet (GRAM) was announced by state Agriculture Minister Prabhu Lal Saini.
- How much amount imposed fine on Airtel, Vodafone and Idea mobile network companies for denying connectivity to Jio?
Answer – B.Rs.3,050 crore
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India recommended a large sum of penalty of Rs.3,050 crore on top three telcos – Airtel, Vodafone and Idea, for violating their license agreement and denial of interconnection to new player Reliance Jio. The regulator has recommended penalty of Rs.50 crores each for 21 of the 22 circles of Bharti Airtel and Vodafone (except J&K).In case of Idea, it has recommended penalty of Rs.50 crores each for 19 circles where the operator provides services.
- Which airlines has became the first ever flight to flown over the Pacific Ocean from Delhi to San Fransico (SFO), instead of the Atlantic?
Answer – C.Air India
Air India has become the first ever flight to flown over the Pacific Ocean from Delhi to San Fransico (SFO), instead of the Atlantic. Air India flew non-stop over the Ocean making the record of operating the world’s longest nonstop flight. The Pacific route is almost 1,400km longer than the Atlantic one, and the flight covered 15,300 kilometres in 14.5 hours. At 13,900km, the Atlantic route of AI’s Delhi-SFO nonstop flight made it the world’s second-longest after Emirates’ Dubai-Auckland (14,120km).
- Which dam was chosen for the World Bank’s Award of Excellence for best utilisation of funds for renovation to enhance the strength of the dam?
Answer – A.Almatti dam
Almatti dam, one of the largest reservoirs in Karnataka, was chosen for the World Bank’s Award of Excellence for best utilisation of funds for renovation to enhance the strength of the dam. The World Bank had granted Rs.72 crore to the Krishna Bhagya Jal Nigam Limited to prevent seepage which could damage the dam. The project was completed in 2000 and water storage began in 2002. This is the first renovation work started in March this year and it was taken up under the DRIP scheme by the Union government.
- Who has joined with Paytm Board of Directors to strengthen its financial and technology management?
Answer – D.Amit Singhal
Former Google Search Head Amit Singhal(48) Joins Paytm Board of Directors to strengthens its financial and technology management. He has been instrumental in shaping Google Search and was one of the earliest team members. Paytm’s board currently consists of its CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma, along with SAIF Partners Ravi Adusumalli and Vivek Mathur, AliPay’s Jing Xiandong and Peng Yijie, In-Mobi’s Naveen Tewari, WhatsApp’s Neeraj Arora, Sapphire Ventures’ Jai Das and Tata Gorup’s Ratan Tata.
- Who has been appointed as Regional Representative for SAARC countries by The World Free Zones Orgànisation (World FZO)?
B.P. S. Raman
Answer – B.P. S. Raman
The World Free Zones Orgànisation (World FZO) has appointed P. S. Raman as its Regional Representative for SAARC countries. He is currently working as the Joint Development Commissioner (Retd), Santacruz Electronics Export Processing Zone, Special Economic Zone, Mumbai. The World FZO is an international multilateral organisation registered in Geneva to supporting management and continuous development of Free Zones headquartered in Dubai.
- Which Telecommunications giant has agreed to buy Time Warner for about $85.4 billion to expand beyond it’s wireless and Internet service into programming?
B.Nippon Telegraph & Tel
Answer – D.AT&T
Telecommunications giant AT&T agreed to buy Time Warner for about $85.4 billion to expand beyond it’s wireless and Internet service into programming. It is one of the biggest media tie-ups ever. AT&T will pay $107.50 a share a big premium over where Time Warner stock was trading last week. Including Time Warner’s debt, the deal’s value is $109 billion. Time Warner is the parent of CNN, TNT, HBO, the Warner Bros. studio, and other channels and websites, CNN Money.
- What is the name of oldest aircraft carrier was accorded a grand send-off from the port city in Kochi, after over five decades of its service to the Navy?
Answer – D.INS Viraat
INS Viraat, the world’s oldest aircraft carrier, was accorded a grand send-off from the port city in Kochi, after over five decades of its service to the Navy. The ship, which underwent a withdrawing refit, is being towed back by three tugs to Mumbai for the decommissioning ceremony, was reported by a Navy official. Viraat is expected to be decommissioned by end of this year, after 55 years of service, including 27 years with the Royal Navy (British Navy).
- ICICI, Axis, StanChart get back how much amount of Essar loans ?
Answer – D.$2.5 bn
bout$2.5 billion were made to the three lenders as part of the first tranche of the repayment schedule. The $13-billion sale of Essar Oil to Russia‘s Roseneft has helped lenders, including ICICI Bank, Axis bank and StanChart, recover a combined $2.5 billion in part payment of their exposure to the Essar Group.
- Who is the author of the book tilted ‘Andhere se Ujale ki Aur‘ which is released by the BJP President Amit Shah?
Answer – B.Arun Jaitley
BJP President Amit Shah released the book ‘Andhere se Ujale ki Aur‘ authored by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. The book is a compilation of blogs and articles. Jaitley is the current Finance Minister, Minister of Corporate Affairs in the Cabinet of India. He is the member of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- What is the name of classical danseuse and Marathi actress passed away at an age of 44 in Pune?
Answer – A.Ashwini
Classical danseuse and Marathi actress Ashwini Ekbote passed away. Ashwini the 44-year-old, who had also acted in several plays, was performing at the Bharat Natyamandir, Pune died after collapsing on stage during a performance.
- Who is the First woman to ascend Everest in May 1975 has died at an age of 77?
Answer – A.Junko Tabei
The first woman to ascend Everest, Japanese climber Junko Tabei, has died aged 77.Tabei conquered Everest in May 1975, aged 35, before climbing all of the world’s seven highest peaks by 1992. She was diagnosed with abdomen cancer four years ago, and died in hospital in the city of Saitama.Her last ascent was of Mount Fuji in July, alongside high school students affected by the 2011 Japanese earthquake and tsunami.
- Which veteran Punjabi comedy actor passed away in Mount Abu, Rajasthan at an age of 81?
Answer – D.Mehar Mittal
Veteran Punjabi comedy actor Mehar Mittal passed away in Mount Abu, Rajasthan. He was 81. Mittal was a staple for Punjabi movies for decades. He worked in more than 100 movies and ruled the screen for over three decades. His famous movie was ‘Maa Da Ladla’ in 1969 , other some notable movies are ‘Sacha Mera Roop Hai’, ‘Qurbani Jatt Di’, ‘Chann Pardesi’, ‘Santo Banto’, ‘Sawa Lakh Se Ek Ladaun’, ‘Putt Jattan De’ and ‘Babul Da Vehra’.
- Which Grandmaster and Commonwealth champion created history at the Hoogeveen International chess tournament by becoming the first player ever to win the title twice in a row in the FIDE Open that concluded at the Dutch hamlet?
Answer – D.Abhijeet Gupta
Grandmaster and Commonwealth champion Abhijeet Gupta created history at the Hoogeveen International chess tournament by becoming the first player ever to win the title twice in a row in the FIDE Open that concluded at the Dutch hamlet. Abhijeet lived up to his top billing, and scored 7.5 points out of a possible nine to win the title solely ahead of second placed Grandmaster Sandipan Chanda.
- Which country’s womens team has won the U-17 World Cup and became the champions for the second time?
Answer – B.North Korea
North Korea’s women’s U-17 team has been a powerhouse for nearly a decade and now they are U-17 World Cup champions for the second time. The North Koreans beat Japan in penalty kicks to win the 2016 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup capping an undefeated tournament held in Jordan. Rio Kanekatsu was the only player of the ten to miss, blasting her spot kick high and wide, which allowed Kim Pom-ui to slot home the winner and regain a trophy the North Koreans first won eight years ago in New Zealand.
- India defeated which team 38-29 in the title clash to lift the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup in Ahmedabad on October 22 2016?
Answer – A.Iran
India beat Iran 38-29 in the title clash to lift the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup in Ahmedabad on October 22 2016. The 2016 Kabaddi World Cup, the third standard-style Kabaddi World Cup, was an international kabaddi tournament governed by the International Kabaddi Federation, contested from 7 to 22 October 2016 in Ahmedabad, India. Twelve countries had competed in the tournament.