Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- What is the name of Veteran Assamese journalist has died at an age of 96 in Guwahati who is an advisor of the vernacular daily Dainik Pratidin?
D.Tilak HazarikaAnswer – D.Tilak Hazarika
Veteran Assamese journalist Tilak Hazarika has died in Guwahati, Assam. He was 96. Hazarika was serving till his death as the Editor of the Assamese weekly Sadin and as an advisor of the vernacular daily Dainik Pratidin.
- What is the name of wolf has been chosen as the official mascot of the upcoming FIFA football World Cup which will be held in Russia in 2018?
D.YobinakaAnswer – B.Zabivaka
A wolf named Zabivaka has been chosen as the official mascot of the upcoming FIFA football World Cup which will be held in Russia in 2018, gaining more than 53 percent of a nationwide vote. The vote was held across Russia over the course of a month, with a wolf, a cat, and a tiger comprising the candidates. In the end, Zabivaka proved to be a runaway winner, attracting more than half of a whopping one million plus votes cast.
- Which state has recently joined with Kochi and Navi Mumbai as one of the venues to host next year’s FIFA U-17 World Cup after it received the green signal from a high-level delegation of football’s world body?
D.KeralaAnswer – B.Goa
Goa joined Kochi and Navi Mumbai as one of the venues to host next year’s FIFA U-17 World Cup after it received the green signal from a high-level delegation of football’s world body. A 13-member FIFA delegation along with the Local Organising Committee (LOC) made an inspection to ascertain the readiness of Goa to host matches and training sessions at the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 2017.
- What is the name of cyclone made a landfall in south China’s Guangdong Province triggering sudden downpours in several cities?
D.Typhoon HaiyanAnswer – A.Typhoon Haima
Typhoon Haima made a landfall in south China’s Guangdong Province triggering sudden downpours in several cities. At least five counties and cities in Guangdong experienced heavy rain fall on October 22, 2016. The water level at most of the province’s dam were at dangerous levels and the ground especially on mountain slopes, was still saturated from the last typhoon.
- Which wildlife sanctuary has seen with Smooth coated otter for the first time in the mangrove forest?
A.Krishna Wildlife Sanctuary, Andhra Pradesh
B.Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary, Karnataka
C.Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Kerala
D.Shoolpaneshwar Wildlife Sanctuary, GujaratAnswer – A.Krishna Wildlife Sanctuary, Andhra Pradesh
Smooth-coated otter was sighted for the first time in the mangrove forest near the Krishna wildlife sanctuary (KWS) in Krishna district, Andhra Pradesh. In all, seven otters including a family of four, were found in a playful mood and the rest were photographed while preying on the fish in the brackish waters.
- What is the name of mobile app which was launched by The Environment Pollution Control Authority (EPCA) by aiming to improve air quality with public participation?
D.Hawa BadloAnswer – D.Hawa Badlo
The Environment Pollution Control Authority (EPCA), a Supreme Court-appointed pollution watchdog, launched a mobile app “HawaBadlo”, aiming to improve air quality with public participation. The app provides a public platform to report the incidents causing air pollution. The complaints will be forwarded by EPCA to the concerned officials. It was developed by EPCA, Delhi’s municipal corporations and concerned departments from Uttar Pradesh, Delhi and Haryana.
- What is the name of eighteenth Indian Coast Guard Ship in the series of twenty Fast Patrol Vessels, which is designed and built by Cochin Shipyard Limited?
D.AkileshAnswer – A.Aryaman
The Indian Coast Guard Ships ‘Aryaman’ and ‘Atulya’, the eighteenth and nineteenth in the series of twenty Fast Patrol Vessels (FPVs), designed and built by Cochin Shipyard Limited, were commissioned at Kochi by Financial Advisor to Defence Services Shri Sunil Kumar Kohli. The ships have been christened ICGS ‘Aryaman’ and ‘Atulya’. Aryaman literally meaning is ‘Possessor of Greatness’ and Atulya meaning is ‘Unrivalled’.
- What is the name of company which is a subsidiary of National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) has unveiled a vaccine to fight against tapeworms in pigs?
A.Indian Sericulture Ltd
B.Indian Horticulture Ltd
C.Indian Dairy Ltd
D.Indian Immunologicals LtdAnswer – D.Indian Immunologicals Ltd
Indian Immunologicals Ltd (IIL), a subsidiary of National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) has unveiled a vaccine to fight against tapeworms in pigs. It is the first in the world to fight tapeworms in pigs. The vaccine is called CYSVAX. IIL has obtained the license to manufacture and market the vaccine after conducting extensive field trials in India and many other countries such as Spain, Peru etc.
- Which company has acquired UK-based two-wheeler maker BSA Company for Rs. 28 crore?
A.Mahindra & Mahindra
D.SuzukiAnswer – A.Mahindra & Mahindra
Mahindra & Mahindra has acquired UK-based two-wheeler maker BSA Company for Rs 28 crore. This acquisition will enable CLPL acquire/obtain license of brand and utilise the same for selling, marketing, distributing motorcycles globally. M&M had completed the acquisition of 51 per cent stake in Peugeot Motocycles (PMTC), a part of the euro 54 billion France-based PSA Group in 2015.
- Which former IFS officer has been appointed as the next Ambassador of lndia to the kingdom of Spain?
A.R. Kalyana Sundaram
B.E. Sripathi Vengadesh
C.D. Ganesh Vinayak
D.D. Bala Venkatesh VarmaAnswer – D.D. Bala Venkatesh Varma
Former IFS officer D. Bala Venkatesh Varma has been appointed as the next Ambassador of lndia to the kingdom of Spain. This was announced by Ministry of External Affairs. The Spain Capital is Madrid and Currency is Euro.
- Which organisation has celebrated Wonder Woman’s 75th birthday by naming the comic book character as its new honorary ambassador for the empowerment of women and girls?
B.The United Nations
C.International Monetary Fund
D.UNICEFAnswer – B.The United Nations
The United Nations (UN) has celebrated Wonder Woman’s 75th birthday by naming the comic book character as its new honorary ambassador for the empowerment of women and girls, despite frustration from both inside and outside the world organisation that the spot should go to a real and less-sexualised woman.
- Which sports person was awarded with the European Golden Shoe after scoring 40 goals for Barcelona in last season?
D.NeymarAnswer – C.Luis Suarez
Luis Suarez was awarded with the European Golden Shoe after scoring 40 goals for Barcelona last season and It is the second time he’s won the prize, having shared it with Cristiano Ronaldo two years ago. The European Golden Shoe, formerly known as the European Golden Boot, is an association football award presented each season to the leading goalscorer in league matches from the top division of every European national league.
- Which company has set up a cyber security engagement centre (CSEC) in New Delhi to work with partners in identifying and responding to cyber threats in India?
D.MicrosoftAnswer – D.Microsoft
US based Microsoft has set up a cybersecurity engagement centre (CSEC) in New Delhi to work with partners in identifying and responding to cyber threats in India. To help build a trusted and secure computing environment, a critical enabler for India’s digital transformation.
- Which private based bank has raised Rs. 500 crore through rupee-denominated bonds from overseas investors?
A.Indus Ind Bank
D.Yes BankAnswer – B.HDFC
Mortgage lender HDFC has raised Rs.500 crore through rupee-denominated bonds from overseas investors. With reference to the earlier letter dated October 12, 2016, informing about the opening of the fourth issue of rupee-denominated bonds to overseas investors, aggregating an amount up to Rs.500 crore. In this connection, Housing Development Finance Corporation has now informed BSE that the corporation has closed the said issue on October 14,2016.”
- How much loan agreement has signed by the Union Government with the World Bank for construction of the Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (EDFC)-III project?
D.$470 millionAnswer – A.$650 million
The Union Government has signed $650 million loan agreement with the World Bank for construction of the Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (EDFC)-III project. The objective of the EDFC-III Project is to augment rail transport capacity, improve service quality and enhance freight carriage throughput on the 401 km Ludhiana-Khurja section of the Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor.
- Which state government has signed an agreement with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) to promote innovation in financial services in their respective markets?
D.Andhra PradeshAnswer – D.Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh government signed an agreement with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) to promote innovation in financial services in their respective markets. Under the FinTech Cooperation Agreement, MAS and the state government will explore joint innovation projects on technologies such as digital payments and block-chain, collaborate on development of education programmes and curricula on fintech (financial technologies).
- Who is the Minister of State (Independent charge) for Culture and Tourism chaired the “First Meeting of the Re-constituted Central Advisory Board on Culture (CABC)?
A.Dr. Uma Shankar
B.Dr. Akash Ajay
C.Dr. Mahesh Sharma
D.Dr. Vijay KumarAnswer – C.Dr. Mahesh Sharma
Dr. Mahesh Sharma, Minister of State (Independent charge) for Culture and Tourism chaired the “First Meeting of the Re-constituted Central Advisory Board on Culture (CABC). When addressing on the occasion, he stressed on the need to evolve a participative process of decision making in the field of Culture, and invited suggestions from the eminent members on the way forward.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the International Terminal at which airport on October 22, 2016?
D.Mumbai AirportAnswer – B.Harni Airport
Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Vadodara to inaugurate the international terminal at Harni airport on October 22, 2016. Harni is only the second “green building” airport in country. He would also attend a programme to distribute man-made limbs and other implements to more than 8000 ‘Divyangs’ (disabled persons) in the city. The state-of-the-art terminal, built at the cost of Rs.160 crore, is spread over 18,120 sqmt and can handle 700 passengers (domestic plus international) per hour.
- How many member committee has been formed by The Union Government to keep a close watch on the bird flu situation which has so far killed 24 birds in New Delhi?
D.ThreeAnswer – D.Three
The Centre formed a three-member committee to keep a close watch on the bird flu situation which has so far killed 24 birds in New Delhi on October 22, 2016.It was announced by Union Environment minister Prakash Javadekar. Constant vigil being observed by Government agencies in & around National Zoological Park to monitor & contain H5 Avian Influenza in co ordination with State level Agencies.
- Which country has warned India against breaching Indus Water Treaty which was announced by Foreign Office spokesperson Nafees Zakaria?
D.AfghanistanAnswer – C.Pakistan
Pakistan warned “appropriate action” if India violated the Indus Water Treaty and it was closely monitoring the situation, amid reports that New Delhi might revisit the key water sharing accord. Appropriate action would be taken in line with the Treaty in case of any violation by India was announced by Foreign Office spokesperson Nafees Zakaria the weekly briefing.
- What is the price of gold bonds would be less than the nominal value and it would be sold through banks, Stock Holding Corporation of India, designated post offices and stock exchanges?
A.Rs.50 per gram
B.Rs.60 per gram
C.Rs.65 per gram
D.Rs.70 per gramAnswer – A.Rs.50 per gram
The Finance Ministry announced the sixth tranche of sovereign gold bonds. Applications for the bonds will be accepted from October 24 to November 2 and the bonds will be issued on November 17. The price of the gold bonds will be Rs.50 per gram less than the nominal value and it will be be sold through banks, Stock Holding Corporation of India, designated post offices and stock exchanges.