Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which date is observed as Police Commemoration Day every year to honors the memory of Indian police personnel killed by Chinese soldiers in 1959?
Answer – D.October 21
Police Commemoration Day is observed every year on October 21 to honors the memory of Indian police personnel killed by Chinese soldiers in 1959. The day was officially instituted in 1960 and has been observed at the national level since 2012. The main parade and wreath-laying ceremony are held at the Police Memorial in Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.
- What is the author of book titled The Sleepwalker’s Dream narrates the journey of a group of militants towards an elusive freedom?
Answer – B.Dhrubajyoti Borah
Book titled The Sleepwalker’s Dream authored by Dhrubajyoti Borah, President of Asam Sahitya Sabha. The book narrates the journey of a group of militants towards an elusive freedom and an uncertain future. Borah, a doctor by profession, is a Guwahati-based Assamese writer and novelist and this is his first novel in English. He received the Sahitya Akademi Award in 2009.
- Which former Indian cricketer is the only captain in ODI history to score a double ton, while leading India against the West Indies in 2011?
Answer – A.Virender Sehwag
Former Indian cricketer Virender Sehwag is the only captain in ODI history to score a double ton, while leading India against the West Indies in 2011. Sehwag’s 149-ball 219, the then highest individual score in ODI cricket, helped the Men in Blue post their best ever ODI total of 418. Sehwag played 104 Tests and scored 8,586 runs at an average of 49.34 and a highest score of 319.
- India bagged silver and bronze medal in the 56kg weight category in the IWF Youth (Boys & Girls) World Weightlifting Championships was held at which place?
Answer – C.Penang, Malaysia
India created history at the IWF Youth (Boys & Girls) World Weightlifting Championships at Penang, Malaysia, bagging a silver and a bronze medal in the 56kg weight category. Jeremy Lalrinnunga finished second with a lift of 108kg in snatch and 127kg in clean & jerk for a total effort of 235kgs. Muthupandi Raja clinched the bronze with an overall lift of 233kgs (100+133), according to the Indian Weightlifting Federation release.
- Which university has developed a protein-enriched rice variety especially for children in the tribal-dominated places?
A.National Backward Krishi Vidyapeeth, Solapur
B.Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalay, Chattisgarh
C.Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
D.Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri
Answer – B.Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalay, Chattisgarh
A protein-enriched rice variety has been developed by the Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalay (IGKV) here and researchers hope it would serve as a boon for malnourished population, especially children, in the tribal-dominated Chhattisgarh. The new developed rice variety has over 10% protein content, which is 3% more than what is found in any popular variety and has 30 PPM (parts per million) zinc content.
- What is the name of Fast Patrol Vessel Indian Coast Guard Ship which was commissioned under the Director-General of Coast Guard Rajendra Singh?
Answer – C.Rani Gaidinliu
Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS Rani Gaidinliu was commissioned into the Indian Coast Guard here by Director-General of Coast Guard Rajendra Singh. The vessel is named after freedom fighter and famous Naga spiritual and political leader Rani Gaidinliu, who belonged to the Heraka cult of Manipur. Deputy Chief Minister of Manipur Gaikhangam Gangamei, former Deputy Chief Minister and former Union minister Thounaojam Chaoba Singh and AdmiPamei, who belongs to Rani Gaidnliu’s clan, were present.
- Which company announced to acquire Butler America Aerospace for USD 85 million to strengthening its position in the aerospace and defence engineering services space?
Answer – A.HCL
HCL Technologies announced to acquire Butler America Aerospace for USD 85 million to strengthening its position in the aerospace and defence engineering services space. Butler Aerospace provides engineering, design services and after market engineering services to US aerospace and defence customers.
- Which limited would spend $500 million to buy Appirio Inc., an Indianapolis, US-based cloud services firm?
Answer – C.Wipro
Wipro Ltd will spend $500 million to buy Appirio Inc., an Indianapolis, US-based cloud services firm. Appirio helps companies move applications to hosted servers offered by Amazon, Google and Salesforce.com. The privately held company, founded in 2006, has raised more than $110 million from investors including Sequoia Capital and General Atlantic, and counts Facebook, Home Depot and IBM as its clients.
- The Election Commission of India holds the first ever International Conference on Voter Education was held at which place?
Answer – D.New Delhi
The Election Commission of India hold the first ever International Conference on Voter Education in New Delhi. The topic of the Conference is Voter Education for Inclusive, Informed and Ethical Participation. The Conference was organized with an aim to share best practices, policies and initiatives of voter education by election management bodies.
- What is the name of Regional Connectivity Scheme has been launched by the Civil Aviation Ministry?
Answer – C.UDAN
The Ministry of Civil Aviation took a major step today towards making flying a reality for the small town common man. The Civil Aviation Minister Shri P Ashok Gajapathi Raju launched the Ministry’s much awaited Regional Connectivity Scheme “ UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik)” in New Delhi. This first-of-its-kind scheme globally will create affordable yet economically viable.
- Heritage Rail Tourism Conference was organized by Indian Railways jointly with Asia Pacific Heritage & Rail Tourism Organization (APHRTO) was held at which place?
Answer – A.New Delhi
Heritage Rail Tourism Conference was organized by Indian Railways at National Rail Museum, New Delhi jointly with Asia Pacific Heritage & Rail Tourism Organization (APHRTO). Participants from many countries including Japan, UK, Germany, Australia, Taiwan, senior officers of Indian Railways and other stakeholders of Heritage Rail Tourism were present in the Conference.
- Which country along with Indian Joint Committee established under the Scientific and Technological Cooperation Agreement re-launch cooperation in the sectors of science, technology and innovation?
Answer – C.Italy
The Indo-Italian Joint Committee established under the Scientific and Technological Cooperation Agreement re-launch cooperation in the sectors of science, technology and innovation.
- Which infrastructure based company has signed MoU with the Maharashtra government for Nagpur smart city project?
D.Larsen & Toubro (L&T)
Answer – D.Larsen & Toubro
Infrastructure major Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has signed MoU with the Maharashtra government for Nagpur smart city project. To laying of 1,200 km of optical fibre network backbone. To create 136 city wifi hotspots at key locations, establishing 100 digital interactive kiosks and developing city surveillance systems with 3800 IP-based cameras. The city also has identified a strip of approximately 6 km from Japanese Garden Square to Orange City Hospital Square to be developed as a ‘Smart Strip‘.
- What is the name of activist who formed a new political party named People’s Resurgence and Justice Alliance (PRJA) ahead of the Assembly polls in Manipur in 2017?
Answer – B.Irom Sharmila
Activist Irom Sharmila formed a new political party named People’s Resurgence and Justice Alliance (PRJA) ahead of the Assembly polls in Manipur in 2017. She would contest from two constituencies Thoubal and Khurai. She will be the co-convenor of the party, which includes a number of activists and entrepreneurs. Academician Erendro Leichombam is the convenor of the party. She broke her 16-year-long fast demanding withdrawal of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act on August 9.
- Which country’s Electronic Media Regulatory Authority decided to enforce a complete ban on Indian TV and radio contents from October 21, 2016?
Answer – D.Pakistan
Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) decided to enforce a complete ban on Indian TV and radio contents from October 21, 2016.The ban extends to all Indian content on cable and radio being aired in Pakistan. The authority also decided to cancel one-sided rights given to Indian media by the government of former military dictator Pervez Musharraf in 2006.
- What is the position of Mumbai among 15 global cities in terms of total wealth which was released by the New World Wealth?
Answer – B.14th
According to New World Wealth, India’s financial hub Mumbai has been named among top 15 cities globally in terms of total wealth held, while London topped the list. Total wealth held worldwide amounts to $185 trillion (as of June 2016). Globally, there are 13,300,000 millionaires and 1,940 billionaires in total.
- Which bank’s relaxed foreign investment norms in financial services firms, startups and in investments by foreign regulated capital investors?
Answer – A.RBI
The RBI relaxed foreign investment norms in financial services firms, startups and in investments by foreign regulated capital investors.Foreign Venture Capital Investors (FVCIs) can invest in Indian startups without prior permission of the RBI. The Reserve Bank of India also allowed banks to approve extension of external commercial borrowings on their own provided the debt is unpaid and has not defaulted before.
- What is the name of technology investment firm, the former Former HCL Technologies Ltd. CEO Anant Gupta launched a Rs.100 crore investment fund to invest in start-ups focused on digital technologies?
Answer – A.TECHCELX
Former HCL Technologies Ltd chief executive officer (CEO) Anant Gupta launched a Rs.100 crore investment fund TECHCELX to invest in start-ups focused on digital technologies such as machine learning, Internet of Things, artificial intelligence and analytics. TECHCELX will invest between Rs.50 lakh and Rs.10 crore in disruptive technology ventures and the shareholding will range between 15% and 51%.
- Which city council bestowed honorary citizenship on His Holiness the Dalai Lama despite strong objections from Chinese government?
Answer – D.Milan
The Milan city council bestowed honorary citizenship on His Holiness the Dalai Lama despite strong objections from Chinese government. The Nobel Peace Prize laureate accepted the honor inside a theater at the University of Milan-Bicocca campus before an audience of mostly students. The Chairman of the Council of Milan, Lamberto Bertole, honoured the Dalai Lama with the Milan Honorary Citizenship award at a ceremony held at the Arcimboldi Theatre in Milan, Italy.
- Who has been conferred with the Lifetime Achievement award by The Sports Journalists’ Association of Mumbai (SJAM)?
D.Sunil Manohar Gavaskar
Answer – D.Sunil Manohar Gavaskar
The Sports Journalists’ Association of Mumbai (SJAM) named cricket legend Sunil Manohar Gavaskar for it’s Lifetime Achievement award . The award will be presented at the golden jubilee celebrations of SJAM on December 11, 2016 in Mumbai. The SJAM’s first Lifetime Achievement award was presented to badminton legend Nandu Natekar in September 2013.
- What is the name of Vice Admiral, NM takes over as Director General of Naval Operations on October 21, 2016?
A.D K Joshi
D.K. S. Ghandhi
Answer – B.SN Ghormade
Vice Admiral SN Ghormade, NM takes over as Director General of Naval Operations on October 21 , 2016. He was commissioned into the Indian Navy on 01 Jan 1984. During his career spanning over 32 years, he has been through a myriad of operational and staff appointments. He was received Nau Sena Medal in 2007 by the President of India and Commendation by Chief of Naval Staff in 2000.
- Which personality from Japan was elected as the Ninth president of the International Gymnastics Federation at the 81st FIG Congress in Tokyo?
Answer – C.Morinari Watanabe
Morinari Watanabe(57) from Japan was elected as the Ninth president of the International Gymnastics Federation at the 81st FIG Congress in Tokyo. He will replace Bruno Grandi. Nelli Kim was elected vice president of the FIG along with China’s Luo Chaoyi (China) and Vasily Titov (Russia). Morinari won 100 of the 119 votes and only 19 votes received by Bruno.
- Supreme Court freezed which organization’s financial powers has appointed independent auditor?
Answer – A.BCCI
Supreme Court has appointed an independent auditor to monitor the financial transactions of BCCI and set a threshold beyond which the board will have to take permission from the Lodha Panel. The auditor and Lodha panel to work together oversee the contracts entered into by the BCCI. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) was formed in December 1928 as a society, registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act.