AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 2 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Who has announced that five more States such as Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand and Haryana have reached the milestone of making all cities and towns Open Defecation Free?
1. Mr. Hardeep Singh Puri
2. Mr.Harsh Vardhan
3. Mr.Narendra Singh Tomar
4. Mr.Prakash Javadekar
5. Mr.Ramvilas Paswan
Answer – 1. Mr. Hardeep Singh Puri
On October 2, 2017, Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs Mr. Hardeep Singh Puri announced that five more States viz., Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand and Haryana have reached the milestone of making all cities and towns Open Defecation Free. It is to be noted that On October 2, 2017, ‘Swacch Bharat Mission’ completed three years.
- Rajghat, the Samadhi of Mahatam Gandhi in Delhi, has for the first time acquired a statue of Mahatma Gandhi on the occasion of the ________ Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
Answer – 4. 148
Rajghat, the Samadhi of Mahatam Gandhi in Delhi, has for the first time acquired a statue of Mahatma Gandhi. The statue was unveiled by Vice-President of India Mr. M.Venkaiah Naidu on October 2, 2017, on the occasion of the 148 Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Where did Benghazi’s commercial port reopen for the first time in three years on October 1, 2017?
Answer – 3.Libya
Benghazi’s commercial port in east Libya reopened on October 1, 2017 for the first time in three years. The reopening of port happened in presence of Abdullah al-Thinni, the Prime Minister of Libyan government based in the east.
- Which country has opened a 409-km new expressway linking Tibet’s provincial capital Lhasa with Nyingchi, which is close to Arunachal Pradesh border?
Answer – 1. China
On October 1, 2017 China opened a 409-km new expressway linking Tibet’s provincial capital Lhasa with Nyingchi, which is close to Arunachal Pradesh border. Lhasa and Nyingchi, both are major tourist attractions in Tibet.
- Name the bank levied closure charges of Rs 500 with Goods and Service Tax (GST) to savings bank account customers .
1. Axis Bank
2. HDFC Bank
3. ICICI Bank
4. State Bank of India
5. Indian Bank
Answer – 4. State Bank of India
From October 1, 2017, savings bank account customers of State Bank of India (SBI) will not have to pay any charges for closing the account. Now with the closure charges being waived off, only those customers who close their accounts after 14 days and before completing 1 year after opening an account will be charged Rs 500 plus GST.
- India’s first International Financial Services Centre GIFT- IFSC has ranked at _______ place in the latest September 2017 edition of Global Financial Centres Index 22 (GFCI) of London.
Answer – 4.10th
India’s first International Financial Services Centre (IFSC), Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT) IFSC has ranked at 10th place in the latest September 2017 edition of Global Financial Centres Index 22 (GFCI) – London.
- Where did India received its first-ever shipment of US crude oil?
1. Ennore port
2. Tuticorin Port
3. Paradip Port
4. Port Blair Port
5. Jawaharlal Nehru Port
Answer – 3. Paradip Port
On 2nd October 2017, India received its first-ever shipment of US crude oil at Paradip port, in Odisha, as a part of purchases made by Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL).
- Which temple was awarded the best ‘Swachh Iconic Place’ (Cleanest Iconic Place) in India?
1. Brihadeeswara temple , Tamilnadu
2. Amarnath Temple, Jammu and Kashmir
3. Khajuraho Temple,Tamilnadu,Kerala
4. The Konark Sun Temple , Odisha
5. Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple, Tamilnadu
Answer – 5. Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple, Tamilnadu
On 2nd October 2017, the Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple of Madurai Tamilnadu awarded the best ‘Swachh Iconic Place’ (Cleanest Iconic Place), in India. Madurai District Collector K.Veera Raghava Rao and Corporation Commissioner S.Aneesh Sekhar received the ‘Swachh Iconic Place’ award from Uma Bharati, Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation.
- In which field Jeffrey C Hall, Michael Rosbash and Michael W Young awarded received 2017 Nobel Prize?
4. physiology or medicine
Answer – 4. physiology or medicine
Jeffrey Hall, Michael Rosbash and Michael Young have been awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine for their discoveries of molecular mechanisms controlling our biological clocks.
- Who has conferred Swacchhata awards on those who contributed towards the Clean India objective in urban areas?
1. Minister of Health and Family Welfare
2. Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
3. Minister of External Affairs.
4. Minister of Statistics and Programme Implementation
5. Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment
Answer – 2. Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
On October 2, 2017, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs conferred Swacchhata awards on those who contributed towards the Clean India objective in urban areas. 20 individuals and agencies in seven categories were felicitated with these awards.
- In Which Country Jagmeet Singh becomes first non-white politician to lead a major political party?
3. United States
5. Dominican Republic
Answer – 4. Canada
On 1st October 2017, Jagmeet Singh, a 38 year old Sikh lawyer, was elected to lead Canada’s New Democratic Party, in Toronto, Canada. Jagmeet Singh is a provincial lawmaker, in Ontario, Canada.
- Who has launched ‘Swachh Andhra Mission’ and PV Sindhu chosen as the brand ambassador on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti?
1. Mr.Pema Khandu
2. Shri Nitish Kumar
3. Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan
4. Shri Pinarayi Vijayan
5. Shri. Nara Chandrababu Naidu
Answer – 5. Shri. Nara Chandrababu Naidu
On 2nd October 2017, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Mr.Chandrababu Naidu launched ‘Swachh Andhra Mission’ on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.
- Birendra Prasad Baishya has elected as chairman of two sub-committees to which of the following federation?
1. International Athletic Federation
2. International Ball Badminton Federation
3. International Boxing Federation
4. International Chess Federation
5. International Weightlifting Federation
Answer – International Weightlifting Federation
Birendra Prasad Baishya the President of Indian Weightlifting Federation has been elected as chairman of two sub-committees of International Weightlifting Federation (IWF).
- Which country will be the guest of honour in 6th edition of World Government Summit in Dubai,UAE?
2. United States
3. Sri Lanka
Answer – 5. India
The sixth edition of the World Government Summit (WHS) is s to be held from February 11th – 13th, 2018 in Dubai, UAE. India will be the guest of honour in this summit. The summit is the largest movement to review and share the best experiences, and the first global forum for governments, countries, organizations and private sector leaders interested in the industry of the future.
- How much percent of stake Qatar Airways acquires in Italy’s Meridiana?
Answer – 3. 49
Qatar Airways, one of the Middle East’s biggest carriers has announced that it has completed the acquisition of a 49 per cent stake in Italy’s AQA Holding. Alsarda, previous sole shareholder will retain a 51 per cent share in the company.
- Who won the sixth title in a row at in the MRF MMSC FMSCI Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship, in Chennai?
3. Jagan Kumar
4. Siddharth Raj
5. Bhavan Kalyan
Answer – 3. Jagan Kumar
On 1st October 2017, Jagan Kumar of TVS Racing won his sixth consecutive title in the premier Super Sport Indian (165cc) class, in the MRF MMSC FMSCI Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship, in Chennai.
- In which of the following female assistant referees will work in the, for the first time in a men’s competition?
1. Premier League U-17
2. CAF Champions League U-17
3. The FA Cup U-17
4. FIFA World Cup U-17
5. EFL Championship U-17
Answer – 4. FIFA World Cup U-17
On 1st October 2017, FIFA (International Federation of Association Football) announced that, female assistant referees will work in the FIFA U-17 World Cup, for the first time in a FIFA men’s competition.
- International Day of Non-Violence was observed on 2nd October all over the world to mark the birth day of which Indian leader?
1. Subash Chandra Bose
2. Mahatma Gandhi
3. Mahakavi Bharathiyar
4. Lal Bahadur Shastri
5. Sardhar Vallabai Patel
Answer – 2. Mahatma Gandhi
International Day of Non-Violence is observed on 2nd October every year, to mark the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, leader of the Indian independence movement.
- Name the state government has launched a state-wide campaign against child marriage and dowry on October 2nd,2017?
1. West Bengal
Answer – 4. Bihar
The Bihar government has launched a state-wide campaign against child marriage and dowry on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi’s birth anniversary.
- On 2nd October 2017, World Habitat Day was observed all over the world. The theme for World Habitat Day 2017 is ___________.
1. ‘Stay comfort : Make your homes Clean’
2. ‘Beautiful Homes : Affordable policies’
3. ‘Housing Policies: Affordable Homes’
4. ‘Somewhere to live: Affordable Homes’
5.’Homes Policies : Choose Wisely’
Answer – 3. ‘Housing Policies: Affordable Homes’
On 2nd October 2017, World Habitat Day was observed all over the world.
The theme for World Habitat Day 2017 is ‘Housing Policies: Affordable Homes’
This day is celebrated to reflect on the state of our towns and cities, and to emphasize the basic right of all to receive adequate shelter.