AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 19 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which State Government rolled out ‘Tourism Policy with an aim to increase tourist inflow in the state by at least two to three times within next five years?
5. GoaAnswer – 4. Assam
Assam State Government rolled out ‘Tourism Policy of Assam 2017’ with an aim to increase tourist inflow in the state by at least two to three times within next five years.
‘Tourism Policy of Assam 2017’ will be effective from January 2018 to December 2022. To channelize resources in making this policy a success story, tourism sector in Assam has been accorded the ‘Industry’ status
- Which State Assembly recently passed Re-Orgaisation of Districts Amendment Bill 2017 to create a new district named ‘Kamle’?
2. Arunachal Pradesh
5. TripuraAnswer – 2. Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh State Assembly passed Arunachal Pradesh (Re-Orgaisation of Districts) Amendment Bill 2017 to create a new district named ‘Kamle’. The bill was introduced on October 14, 2017 by Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prema Khandu. Kamle is the 23rd district of Arunachal Pradesh. It has been created by bifurcating the present Upper and Lower Subansiri districts.
- Who organised the ‘Jashn-e-Breng’ festival in Kokernag village of the Anantnag district ?
1. Indian Army
2. Indain Navy
4. IIT Chennai
5. IT SectorAnswer – 1. Indian Army
With the slogan of“Jawan aur Awaam Amun Hai Muqam”( Army and Locals together, peace will prevail ), 19 batch Rashtriya Rifles of the Indian Army on 19th October 2017 organised ‘Jashn-e-Breng’ festival in Kokernag village of the Anantnag district to promote peace and brotherhood between security forces and the local population.
- Where did AYUSH Festival of Stamps 2017 took place?
1. Panaji, Goa
2. Chennai, TamilNadu
3. Agartala, Tripura
4. Ahmedabad, Gujarat
5. Kolkata, West BengalAnswer – 1. Panaji, Goa
The “AYUSH Festival of Stamps 2017” was inaugurated by Rajya Sabha MP Vinay Tendulkar at Maquinez Palace in Panaji, Goa. The two-day exhibition event is jointly organised by the Goa Postal Region, Indian postal department and the Ministry of AYUSH. This festival is the first of its kind. Its objective is to promote healthy hobbies such as stamp collection among students and healthy lifestyle habits.
- Which State Government has released a sum of Rs 4,000 crore under the first phase of the farm loan waiver scheme (loan for farmers)?
1. Madhya Pradesh
5. ManipurAnswer – 4. Maharashtra
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadanvis announced that the State Government has released a sum of Rs 4,000 crore under the first phase of the farm loan waiver scheme.Out of Rs 4000 crore which has been released under Phase I, Rs 3200 crore is for writing off the loans of 4.62 lakh farmers and Rs 800 crore will be distributed as incentive for 3.78 lakh farmers who are paying their loans on time.
- Under the chairmanship of whom the State Governments have been asked to constitute a state level committee and examine and scrutinize requirements of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF)?
1. Prime Minister
3. Director General of Police
4. High Court Judge
5. District CollectorAnswer – 3.Director General of Police
State Governments have been asked to constitute a state level committee under chairmanship of Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) of the state which may examine and scrutinize requirements of Central Armed Police Forces. The scrutiny of such requests is to be done by keeping in view internal security, previous scale of deployment, optimal utilization of state resources, intelligence inputs, and the availability of CAPF in nearby locations.
- Which country has been chosen as the partner country by India for the 23rd edition of Technology Summit which is scheduled to be held in New Delhi?
5. HollandAnswer – 3. Canada
Canada has been chosen as the partner country for the 23rd edition of Technology Summit which is scheduled to be held from 14th – 15th November, 2017 in New Delhi. This event is India’s largest knowledge and technology conference and exhibition.
It is jointly organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the Indian Department of Science and Technology (DST). This edition of the Technology Summit will highlight range of research and innovations areas where India and Canada are world leaders.
- Between which two countries INDRA – 2017, the first-ever tri-service joint exercise began?
5. India-JapanAnswer – 2. India-Russia
Exercise INDRA-2017, the first ever Tri Services Joint Exercise between Indian and Russian Armed Forces begun in Vladivostok, Russia on October 19, 2017. INDRA -2107 will continue till October 29, 2017. The previous editions of INDRA Exercise between India and Russia were single service bilateral exercise. ‘INDRA-2017’ marks the first bilateral exercise in which all the three Services of the Armed Forces viz. Army, Navy & Air Force of India and Russia will participate.
- Which Foundation granted Rs.10 crore for the conservation and restoration of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSTM) of Mumbai?
1. Yes Bank
2. Star Bucks
5. SBIAnswer – 5. SBI
SBI Foundation granted Rs.10 crore for the conservation and restoration of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSTM) of Mumbai over the period of 3-5 years. Central Railway’s Divisional Railway Manager SK Jain and SBI Managing Director PK Gupta signed a MoU. As per the MoU, SBI Foundation will provide Rs.10 crore for the project under the “SBI-Project Swachh Iconic CSMT”. CSTM railway station is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Through this project, the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) arm of SBI aims to contribute in development and preservation of world heritage structures.
- RBI revised the guidelines by which the Banks are asked to provide funds at ____% interest to women SHGs under DAY-NRLM?
5.25Answer – 1. 7
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued revised guidelines on Interest Subvention Scheme under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM), stating that banks will provide funds to women Self Help Groups (SHGs) in rural areas at 7 per cent under the DAY-NRLM in current fiscal, 2017-18. RBI issued above mentioned revised guidelines as received from the Ministry of Rural Development. These guidelines will be implemented by 21 public sector banks and 19 private banks.
- In which Indian city Merlin Entertainment-owned Madame Tussauds is expected to open its first museum?
5. TrichyAnswer – 4. Delhi
Madame Tussauds is expected to open its first museum in India in Delhi. DIPP has approved 20 single-brand retail proposals worth Rs.4,900 crore so far. The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has approved three foreign direct investment (FDI) proposals, including that of Merlin Entertainment-owned Madame Tussauds, to open single-brand retail.
- Which airport was awarded as the Best Airport in terms of traffic, by the Airport Council International (ACI)-Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Survey?
5. CoachinAnswer – 3. Jaipur
Jaipur and Srinagar Airport got first and second rank respectively in the category of 2-5 million passengers in Airport Council International (ACI)-Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Survey.
Dr.Guruprasad Mohapatra, Chairman, Airports Authority of India (AAI) and his team received the ACI-ASQ Award at a function held in Mauritius on 17th October 2017. This is for the second consecutive time Jaipur Airport has been rated the Best Airport in the World in the traffic volume of 2 to 5 million passengers per year. Jaipur was ranked as the Best Airport in the same category in 2016 also.
- Who received “Blue Planet Prize”, the world’s most prestigious award for pioneers in environmental science?
1. Chico Mendes
2. Yacouba Sawadago
3. Sim Van Der Ryn
4. Hans Joachim Schellnhuber
5. Craig VenderAnswer – 4. Hans Joachim Schellnhuber
Environmental scientist Hans Joachim Schellnhuber has received Blue Planet Prize, world’s most prestigious award for pioneers in environmental science. Schellnhuber has been awarded the Blue Planet Prize for establishing a new field of science, Earth System Analysis, and introducing most influential concepts including the notion of tipping elements in the climate system.
- ISKCON’s Govardhan Eco Village which won green platinum award was set up in which Indian state ?
2. Madhya Pradesh
5. SikkimAnswer – 1. Maharashtra
Govardhan Eco Village, set up by the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) in Palghar district of Maharashtra has won the ‘Green Platinum Award’. Green Platinum Award has been instituted by Indian Green Building Council (IGBC), which is a part of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- Who is the new chairman of The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)?
1. Andreas Fibig
2. Sunny Verghese
3. Pravin Rao
4. Daniel Pinto
5. Morgan ChaseAnswer – 2. Sunny Verghese
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) has appointed NRI businessman Sunny Verghese, co-founder and CEO of Singapore-based Olam International, as its new chairman from 2018. He is the first ever Asian CEO to be appointed as Chairman in World Business Council for Sustainable Development’s (WBCSD) 25 years of history.
- Who is appointed as Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Cambodia?
1. Sevala Naik
3. Rajeev Vishvas
4. Manika Jain
5. Gautam BabuAnswer – 4. Manika Jain
Manika Jain was appointed as Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Cambodia.Manika Jain is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Officer of batch 1993. She is presently the Consul General of India, Melbourne. She has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Cambodia. She would take up the assignment shortly.
- ‘Lusi’- the world’s largest ongoing mud eruption is in which island?
5. SeychellesAnswer – 4. Indonesia
Scientists have said that, ‘Lusi’, the world’s largest ongoing mud eruption that began on the Indonesian island of Java in 2006, would not stop soon, as it is connected to a nearby volcanic system. The study, published in the ‘Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth’, discovered that the hot magma from the Arjuno-Welirang volcano has been heating the organic rich sediments under Lusi.
- To equip the Tejas light combat aircraft, HAL has decided to get radars from which country?
5. RussiaAnswer – 1. France
French defence firm Thales announced the development of a radar catering to the specific needs of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) to equip the Tejas light combat aircraft.In 2016, HAL had issued a tender for Active Electronically Scanned Array (ASEA) radars for Tejas Mk-1A LCAs and till date no company has been selected. Thales claims that, the radar meets the specific needs of HAL to equip the 80 Tejas Mk1A multi-role aircraft operated by the Indian Air Force.
- When is the first Sawfish Day observed all over the world?
1. 17th October 2017
2. 17th October 2016
3. 17th October 2015
4. 18th October 2017
5. 19th October 2017Answer – 1. 17th October 2017
On 17th October 2017, Marine scientists said that, the sawfish, included in Schedule I of the Indian Wildlife (Protection) Act 1972 is more threatened than tigers and elephants. On 17th October 2017, the first Sawfish Day was observed all over the world. A statement was issued by the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI) on 16th October 2017, which said that, the sawfish may be the most endangered fish species in India.
- Who is the head coach of Indian cricket team?
1. Rahul Dravid
2. Ravi Shastri
3. Sachin Tendulkar
4. Virender Shewag
5. Ajay JadejaAnswer – 2. Ravi Shastri
Indian cricket team coach Ravi Shastri is the world’s highest-earning cricket coach in the world. He is paid around 1.17 million dollars per year from the BCCI which is more than the salary of Indian cricket team’s captain Virat Kohli. But most importantly it does not include the money he earns from advertising. Next to Ravi Shastri, the Australia coach Darren Lehmann who earns aroiund $0.55 million.
- William Lombardy is related to which indoor game?
1. Table Tennis
5. SquashAnswer – 3. Chess
William James Joseph Lombardy was an American chess grandmaster, chess writer, teacher, and Catholic priest who passed away due to some natural causes, probably heart disease, on Friday in Martinez, Calif. He was 79. He gave up the game at the height of his career and become a priest.