Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Prime Minister has inaugurated three state-run mega hydro power of 1,752 MW capacity in the state during his day-long maiden visit to which state?
D.Himachal PradeshAnswer – D.Himachal Pradesh
Prime Minister Modi inaugurated three state-run mega hydro power of 1,752 MW capacity in Himachal Pradesh during his day-long maiden visit to the state. After visiting Mandi in Himachal Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached Punjab Agricultural University in Ludhiana and he launched two schemes-National SC/ST Huband Zero Defect Zero Effect scheme with an initial outlay of Rs 490 crore.
- Sixteen countries are slated to participate in the 5th Physical Agility and Combat Efficiency System military exercises began on October 18, 2016 in which place?
D.KathmanduAnswer – B.Lahore
Sixteen countries are slated to participate in the 5th Physical Agility and Combat Efficiency System military exercises began on October 18, 2016 in Lahore. The countries will take part in the six-day drills aimed at enhancing physical and military capabilities of troops. Nepal, United Kingdom, Kazakhstan, China, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Maldives, Bahrain, Australia, USA, Turkey, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Turkey and Pakistan.
- Which octogenarian freedom fighter died at an age of 88 due to age-related illness at Bikaner in Rajasthan?
C.Jhanwar Lal Harsh
D.Nalinidhar BhattacharyyaAnswer – C.Jhanwar Lal Harsh
An octogenarian freedom fighter Jhanwar Lal Harsh died due to age-related illness at Bikaner in Rajasthan.He was 88. Octogenarian – a person who is between 80 and 89 years old.
- Which Indian spinner has completed his 50 ODI wickets in India’s 900th One Day International match in the India vs New Zealand – 1st ODI?
D.Amit MishraAnswer – D.Amit Mishra
Indian spinner Amit Mishra has completed his 50 ODI wickets in India’s 900th One Day International match(India vs New Zealand – 1st ODI) and it was his 32nd ODI match. With this India became the first country to play 900 ODIs. The previous fastest Indian spinner to complete 50 ODI wickets was the off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin in 34 ODIs.
- Which tennis player retained the top spot with 12.900 points in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) rankings released recently?
D.Sania MirzaAnswer – C.Novak Djokovic
Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic retained the top spot with 12.900 points in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) rankings released recently. Djokovic lost 640 points after he was defeated by Spain’s Roberto Bautista in the Shanghai Masters’ semi-final clash.Scotish player Andy Murray garnered 640 points after winning Shanghai Masters to be at second spot with 10.485 points.
- How many medals have been clinched by the Indian Wrestlers at the sixth edition of the TAFISA World Games in Jakarta, Indonesia?
D.FourAnswer – D.Four
Indian wrestlers in October 2016 clinched four medals, including a gold medal, at the sixth edition of the TAFISA World Games in Jakarta, Indonesia. Dalmiya outplayed Muhammad Sahan of Azerbaijan 4-1 in the summit clash to clinch the yellow medal. Experienced Luv Singh defeated Muhammad Kashif of Iran 5-3 in the 80 kg category to advance and then made it to the finals by beating Belarus Jordan 8-6.
- Scientists have developed a new world-first optical sensor that could quickly detect which vitamin deficiency?
D.Vitamin B1Answer – C.Vitamin B12
Scientists have developed a new world-first optical sensor that could quickly detect vitamin B12 deficiency, a condition linked to an increased risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. The device would enable the tracking of
vitamin B12 levels in high-risk patients and early intervention – to top up vitamin B12 levels when low – and help overcome the limitations of current testing methods which are time-consuming and costly.
- Which Indian Ace shuttler received a rare honour for an Indian sport sperson with her appointment as a member of the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) Athletes’ Commission?
D.Jwala GuttaAnswer – C.Saina Nehwal
Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal received a rare honour for an Indian sportsperson today with her appointment as a member of the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) Athletes’ Commission. Saina has received a letter to the effect from the IOC President informing her of the appointment.The Commission is chaired by Angela Ruggiero and comprises nine vice presidents and 10 other members.
- Which former cricketer of Sri lanka was named as brand ambassador of the third edition of the STAIRS School Football League (SSFL) which would begin from October 19, 2016?
D.Mahela JayawardaneAnswer – A.Sanath Jayasuriya
Former Sri Lankan cricket skipper Sanath Jayasuriya was named as brand ambassador of the third edition of the STAIRS School Football League (SSFL) which will begin from October 19, 2016. STAIRS (Society For Transformation, Inclusion and Recognition through Sports) is a not-for-profit organisation working towards sports, education, health and skill development of children across India.
- Who has been awarded with 44th annual Chaplin Award at the annual Chaplin Award gala announced by The Film Society of Lincoln Center?
B.Robert De Niro
D.Robert RedfordAnswer – B.Robert De Niro
Robert De Niro to award with 44th annual Chaplin Award at the annual Chaplin Award gala announced by The Film Society of Lincoln Center. He is selected for for a four-decade acting career that stretches from early work including “Mean Streets,” “Raging Bull” and “The Godfather Part II” to more recent projects such as “Silver Linings Playbook“.
- Which express is the world’s most luxurious train owned and operated by IRCTC, received the 2016 Seven Star Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards at Marbella in Spain?
D.Maharajas’ ExpressAnswer – D.Maharajas’ Express
The Maharajas’ Express, the world’s most luxurious train owned and operated by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), received the 2016 Seven Star Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards at Marbella in Spain. The award for the highly decorated train was received by IRCTC Chairman and Managing Director Dr A K Manocha in the ‘Seven Star Experience Sector’.
- Which company has launched its first locally designed, engineered and produced battery electric bus series Circuit?
D.Ashok LeylandAnswer – D.Ashok Leyland
The Hinduja flagship Ashok Leyland has launched its first locally designed, engineered and produced battery electric bus series Circuit. A zero-emission, non-polluting vehicle created specifically for Indian road and passenger conditions, the bus has a seating capacity ranging from 35 to 65.
- Which Indian pharmaceutical company has signed a memorandum of agreement for South Africa’s first bio-similars manufacturing facility to be set up at a cost of nearly $91 million?
D.Aurobindo PharmaAnswer – B.Cipla
Indian pharmaceutical major Cipla has signed a memorandum of agreement for South Africa’s first biosimilars manufacturing facility to be set up at a cost of nearly $91 million. The facility would be South Africa’s first biotech manufacturing unit for the production of biosimilars. It is set to produce a range of affordable treatments for cancer and other autoimmune diseases for the African and global market.
- Which organization has launched the survey to seek quantitative information on order books, inventories and capacity utilization of companies in the manufacturing sector, a key input for monetary policy formulation?
D.RBIAnswer – D.RBI
RBI has launched the survey to seek quantitative information on order books, inventories and capacity utilisation of companies in the manufacturing sector, a key input for monetary policy formulation. The survey seeks quantitative information on order books, inventories and capacity utilization, such as, pending order books, backlog order books, total inventories, finished goods inventories, work in progress inventories and installed capacity from companies in the manufacturing activities.
- Which organization has appointed a three-member panel to look into National Spot Exchange (NSEL) scam?
D.SEBIAnswer – D.SEBI
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has appointed a three-member panel to look into National Spot Exchange (NSEL) scam. The initial probe in the case had revealed that some brokers involved in the NSEL’s Rs 5,574 crore payments crisis had mis-sold products. The investigations have concluded last month and the case has been referred to a bench under Section 11 (B) of SEBI, which protects the interest of the market.
- Which international organization of countries has expressed commitment to combat terrorism in all its forms and manifestations?
D.APECAnswer – A.BIMSTEC
The BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) countries have expressed commitment to combat terrorism in all its forms and manifestations. In this regard, seven nations of BIMSTEC countries have issues Leaders Retreat Outcome Document emphasizing that there can be no justification for acts of terror.
- Which country has announced the dissolution of Parliament and decided to conduct elections during November 2016?
D.MalaysiaAnswer – C.Kuwait
Kuwait’s Emir Sabah bin Ahmed al-Sabah announced the dissolution of parliament and early elections on Nov. 26. This came hours after an appearance on Al-Rai Television by parliament speaker Marzouk al-Ghanim calling for such elections to take place
- Which building is recently announced as the world’s tallest Lego Structure?
D.Eiffel TowerAnswer – A.Burj Khalifa
An amusement park in Dubai claims to have the world’s tallest lego building structure, a model based on Burj Khalifa skyscraper. It is designed and built using 4,39,000 lego bricks with a height of 17 metres. It will feature six themed lands – Lego City, Adventure, Kingdoms, Imagination, Factory and Miniland – each unique in their design, entertainment and playful learning experience.
- Name the missile which India is finally to operate its long awaited nuclear weapons triad – the capability to launch nukes from land, air and sea?
D.INS KarudaAnswer – B.INS Arihant
India is finally close to operationalising its long-awaited nuclear weapons triad — the capability to launch nukes from land, air and sea. INS Arihant’s 750km and 3,500km missiles may be somewhat dwarfed by SLBMs with ranges of well over 5,000km with the US, Russia and China, but the completion of the nuclear-triad is critical for a country like India, which has a clearly declared policy of “no first-use” of nuclear weapons.
- Which month is considered as the hottest month on record as per the data provided by the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), under NASA?
D.JuneAnswer – A.September
According to data provided by the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), under the United States’ National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the month of September 2016 was the hottest September on record.