AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 17 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which Indian state launched ‘Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojna’ in the presence of the farmers?
3. Madhya Pradesh
4. Arunachal Pradesh
5. BiharAnswer 3. Madhya Pradesh
Explanation Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched the ambitious ‘Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojna’ in the presence of the farmers at the Krishi Upaj Mandi in Khurai, Sagar district of Madhya Pradesh. The objective of this scheme is to ensure reasonable prices to the farmers for their agriculture produces and thereby protecting them from losses suffered on account of distress sale
- Which State Government organised India International Cherry Blossom Festival which will be held from 8th – 11th November 2017?
5. GoaAnswer 2. Meghalaya
Explanation Second edition of India International Cherry Blossom Festival will be held from 8th – 11th November, 2017 in Shillong, Meghalaya. This festival is being organised by Meghalaya State Government in association with the Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD), Imphal, and the Indian Council of Cultural Relations. Cherry Blossom trees bloom for a very short period every year. During this time, the stretch over which the trees are planted bears a pinkish white shade due to the blooming of flowers.
- Which state records the most (39%) of cancer cases in India?
1. Tamil Nadu
5. HaryanaAnswer 5. Haryana
Explanation As per a latest report, prevalence of Cancer in India has been on the rise and Haryana is home to 39% of cancer patients in India.
It is estimated that nearly 17.3 lakh new cancer cases will be registered in India by the year 2020. As per a report by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), breast cancer accounts for 10% of all cancer cases in India, with 1.5 lakh new cases of breast cancer reported every year.
- Birsa Munda Tribal University is inaugurated in which district of Gujarat?
5. PorbandarAnswer 1. Narmada
Explanation Gujarat Minister of State for Tribal Welfare Shabdasharan Tadvi inaugurated the Birsa Munda Tribal University in Rajpipla, a tribal-dominated town in Narmada district of Gujarat. Campus of this University will come up on 25 acres of land at Jitnagar village on the outskirts of Rajpipla. Till then, the University will function from the premises of Adarsh Nivasi Shala.
- Prime Minister innaugrated first All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) in which city on the occasion of ‘National Ayurveda Day’?
5. ChennaiAnswer 1. Delhi
Explanation Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) in Delhi on the occasion of ‘National Ayurveda Day’. AIIA has been set up as an apex institute under the Ministry of AYUSH and has been modelled along the lines of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). AIIA has been set up on 10.015 acres of land at a cost of Rs. 157 crore. The institute will serve as a platform to establish synergy between traditional wisdom of Ayurveda and modern diagnostic tools and technology.
- Name the online campaign launched by the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD).
1. Women welfare
2. Women safety
3. Security of Women
4. Respect Women
5. Iam That WomanAnswer 5. Iam That Woman
Explanation In a bid to end gender bias in women against women, Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) has started an online campaign #IamThatWoman. This campain aims to highlight various aspects of women standing ‘by’ and ‘for’ women. Through this campaign, Ministry of WCD has urged people to come out of the notion of women harming other women.
- What is Somudra Avijan?
4. Navy Ship
5. Armed ForceAnswer 4. Bangladesh Navy Ship
Explanation Bangladesh Naval Ship (BNS) Somudra Avijan arrived at Visakhapatnam on a 4 day goodwill visit to the Eastern Naval Command (ENC) at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. BNS Somudra Avijan carried out Passage Exercise, which included naval exercises in the Bay of Bengal, before entering into the Visakhapatnam port. The ship was received by officials from the ENC and Eastern Fleet with the Indian Naval Band, in Visakhapatnam.
- Which country banned the import of fruits and vegetables to preserve the scarce foreign currencies?
5. IndonesiaAnswer 3. Zimbabwe
Explanation The east African landlocked country Zimbabwe, with immediate effect, banned the import of fruits and vegetables to preserve the scarce foreign currencies. Already in late 1990’s Hyperinflation occurred and thus the stability of the currency had down and therefore the country had to dump its currency for the US dollar. The present situation also running short of dollars as well as quasi-currency “bond note” introduced last year to ease cash shortages.
- How many New Members are elected in UN Human Rights Council?
5. 10Answer 2. 15
Explanation 15 member nations including Pakistan have been elected to serve on the United Nations (UN) Human Rights Council. 15 new member nations who have been elected are Afghanistan, Angola, Australia, Chile, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mexico, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Qatar, Senegal, Slovakia, Spain and Ukraine. These members would serve three-year terms beginning on January 1, 2018.
- Which Indian city ranks among the worst cities in the world for women?
5. DelhiAnswer 5. Delhi
Explanation As per a survey by the Thomson Reuters Foundation, India’s capital Delhi is one of the worst megacities in the world on the parameter of women safety. The survey was conducted in 19 megacities (having more than 10 million population) of the world between June and July 2017. Japan’s capital Tokyo emerged as the safest city in terms of risk of sexual harassment.
- Which country quits precautionary Flexible Credit Line (FCL) from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) worth $9.2 billion?
5. NorwayAnswer 4. Polland
Explanation Poland’s Finance Minister Mateusz Morawiecki has stated that Poland will quit a precautionary Flexible Credit Line (FCL) from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) worth $9.2 billion. Recent strength in the Polish economy has been given as the reason for quitting the FCL. The Polish budget reported a surplus for the period from January 2017 to August 2017 on account of steep rise in revenue from the value-added tax.
- Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX), first time launches the option of commodity trading with ______.
4. Edible Items
5. Refinery ProductsAnswer 1. Gold
Explanation On the auspicious occasion of Dhanteras, Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) launched trading in Gold option’s contract in presence of Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. Options contract offers the buyer the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell a stock/commodity/asset at an agreed-upon price (referred to as strike price) during a certain period of time up to a specific date. Underlying for Gold options contract which are currently available for trading are Gold (1 Kg) futures expiring on November 28, 2017 and January 29, 2018.
- According to “Authentic Brands Study 2017” which brand is viewed as Most Authentic Brand in India?
5. AppleAnswer 2. Google
Explanation A new survey named “Authentic Brands Study” stated that, Indian consumers regard Google as the most authentic brand.
In India, Google is considered as the most authentic brand, stated by “Authentic Brands Study 2017” survey conducted by Cohn & Wolfe. It is followed by Microsoft, Amazon.com, Maruti Suzuki and Apple. Globally, Amazon occupies the 1st place and Apple the 2nd, as the most authentic brands, according to the Cohn & Wolfe survey.
- How many Indian peacekeepers are placed in South Sudan to maintain peace in the country?
5. 250Answer 3. 50
Explanation 50 Indian peacekeepers placed in South Sudan were awarded the UN Medal for their service in maintaining peace in South Sudan.
The Indian peacekeepers were awarded UN medal for their professionalism and service in protecting civilians and building peace in the conflict driven South Sudan. The Indian peacekeepers are a part of the UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS). They are deployed with the Indian Battalion stationed at Bor in the Jonglei region of South Sudan.
- Who was the first person from Indian origin to hold the post of Deputy Speaker of the House of Lords?
1. Swraj Paul
2. Kim Thayil
3. Har Gobind Khorana
4. Subramaniya Chandrasekhar
5. Venkatraman RamakrishnanAnswer 1. Swraj Paul
Explanation Swraj Lord Paul, a famous NRI industrialist and Chairman of “The Caparo Group” a leading UK-based manufacturer of steel products, has been honoured with the Life Time Achievement Award at the 2nd British Asian Achievers Awards which was organised by Jagatwani a Hindi weekly.
He was honoured for his outstanding contributions in the fields of manufacturing industry, education and philanthropy. Paul was the first person from Indian origin to hold the post of Deputy Speaker of the House of Lords, from 2008 to 2010.
- Name the Indian-origin teenager who has become one of UK’s youngest millionaires, after his online real estate agency business reached the value of 12 million pounds.
1. Ankit Bhati
2. Akshay Ruparelia
3. Bhavnish Agarwal
4. Kunal Bahl
5. Binny BansalAnswer 2. Akshay Ruparelia
Explanation Indian-origin teenager Akshay Ruparelia has become one of UK’s youngest millionaires, after his online real estate agency business reached the value of 12 million pounds.
Akshay Ruparelia, a 19 year old Indian-origin teenager had started online real estate agency, “doorsteps.co.uk” a year ago. This online real estate agency sells houses to buyers for just 99 pounds as service charge.
- Who is the Indian-American, who has been awarded for his philanthropic activities in the US?
1. Vijay Sekhar Sharma
2. Naveen Tiwari
3. Ajay Raju
4. Warren Buffet
5. Chuck FeeneyAnswer 3. Ajay Raju
Explanation Indian-American attorney Ajay Raju has been honoured with the 3rd American Bazaar Philanthropy award. Ajay Raju has been awarded for his philanthropic activities in the US. Raju has been honoured for his commitment to revive Philadelphia through the Germination Project. Germination Project is an initiative of the Pamela and Ajay Raju Foundation. Under Germination Project, teenagers are recruited and trained to be tomorrow’s leaders.
- Who the new managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of the Voltas company?
1. Sundar Pichai
2. Felipe Gozon
3. Gunupati Venkata Krishna Reddy
4. Mallikarjuna Rao
5. Pradeep BakshiAnswer 5. Pradeep Bakshi
Explanation Voltas announced the elevation of Chief Operating Officer Pradeep Bakshi as the managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of the company.
Pradeep Bakshi is 55 years old. He is a consumer durables expert. He has been with Voltas for the most of his professional life for around 30 years. Under Bhakshi, Voltas has given foreign brands such as LG, Samsung and Whirlpool a tough competition in air conditioners. Bakshi suceeds Sanjay Johri as the MD and CEO. This elevation would be effective from 2018.
- Which country Scientists developed the “military watch” that can resist high impact, and even survive the consequences of a nuclear blast?
5. RussiaAnswer 5. Russia
Explanation Scientists have developed a military watch for the Russian army kit, that can resist high impact, and even survive the consequences of a nuclear blast, in Russia.
The watch has been developed by experts of the Central Scientific Research Institute for Precision Machine Engineering (TsNIITochMash) — part of the Rostec State Corporation in Russia. It has been included in the new combat system for land forces, airborne forces, coastal troops of the Russian Navy, special operations units. It is designed for continuous time determination.
- Who won three gold medals in Egypt Junior and Cadet Table Tennis Open 2017?
1. Selena Selvakumar
2. Manika Badra
3. Sharat Kama
4. Mouma Das
5. Anthony AmalrajAnswer 1. Selena Selvakumar
Explanation India’s Selena Selvakumar won three gold medals in Egypt Junior and Cadet Table Tennis Open 2017, with the junior girls’ singles and doubles titles at Sharm El Sheikh, in Egypt.
Selena Selvakumar is a 17 year old Chennai girl. She won the girls’ singles and doubles gold medal and a team championship gold in in Egypt Junior and Cadet Table Tennis Open 2017.
In the girls’ singles final, Selena defeated Marwa Alhodaby by 4-3 (11-5, 12-10, 8-11, 6-11, 11-3, 6-11, 11-4) and won the gold medal.
- Name the actor best known for playing Leopold Mozart character in the Oscar-winning film ‘Amadeus’.
1. Roy Dotrice
2. Tom Cruise
3. Johnny Depp
4. Leonardo Dicaprio
5. Tom HanksAnswer 1. Roy Dotrice
Explanation Veteran British actor, Roy Dotrice, best known for playing Leopold Mozart in the Oscar-winning film ‘Amadeus’, died at the age of 94.
Roy Dotrice died at his home in London. He is survived by three daughters, grandchildren, and great-grandson. Dotrice holds the Guinness World Record for the most characters voiced by a single actor in an audio book. He was also an award-winning actor. He had won the Tony award for best actor in 2000 for his Broadway performance in the ‘A Moon for the Misbegotten’ revival.
- On which date the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty was observed all over the world?
1. October 15
2. October 16
3. October 19
4. October 17
5. October 18Answer 4. October 17
Explanation On 17th October 2017, International Day for the Eradication of Poverty was observed all over the world. International Day for the Eradication of Poverty 2017 marks the 25th anniversary of the declaration by the UN General Assembly to celebrate 17th October as the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty.
- Which is the poorest country of the world (2017) according to Global Finance Magazine?
4. Central African Republic
5. IranAnswer 4. Central African Republic
Explanation Top 5 poorest countries of the world (2017) by Global Finance Magazine:
1.Central African Republic
2.Democratic Republic of Congo
- Where was the third edition of The India International Science Festival (IISF) 2017 Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Earth Sciences, and Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA) held?
2. New Delhi
5. PuneAnswer – 4. Chennai
The third edition of The India International Science Festival (IISF) 2017 jointly conducted by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Earth Sciences, and Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA) held in Chennai from October 13 to 16 at Anna University.