Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The 2016 SAARC Sufi festival was organised annually by the Foundation of SAARC Writers And Literature (FOSWAL) was held at which place?
Answer – D.Jaipur
The Jaipur Sufi festiva held at the Diggi palace in Jaipur from October 14-16, 2016. It is organised annually by the Foundation of SAARC Writers And Literature (FOSWAL), in association with the Rajasthan government. Nearly 400 participants participated from SAARC nations. After India’s decision to skip the SAARC Summit in Islamabad, Pakistani artists and authors have backed out of the SAARC Sufi Music Festival.
- The Indian Silk Export Promotion Council organized 5th India International Silk Fair was held at which city?
A.Bose Maidan, Salem
B.Azad Maidan, Mumbai
C.Gandhi Maidan, Patna
D.Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
Answer – D. Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
The Indian Silk Export Promotion Council organized 5th India International Silk Fair at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. The Fair showcased the world renowned Indian silk products like scarves, shawls, carpets, home furnishings, etc. in different patterns of designs and colours. India is the only country which produces all commercial varieties of silk like Tassar, Muga, Eri and Mulberry.
- What is the name of disease has killed over 150 children and taken epidemic proportions in Malkangiri district due to negligence in Japan?
A.Zika virus disease
D.Ebola virus disease
Answer – C.Encephalitis
The Japanese Encephalitis has killed over 150 children and taken epidemic proportions in Malkangiri district due to negligence.A two-year-old girl from Padia block died while undergoing treatment at the intensive care unit of the district headquarters hospital in Odisha , taking the toll to 54.
- The City Corporation has launched the Swacch Bharat Swacch Vidyalaya campaign in how many elementary and middle schools in Coimbatore district?
Answer – D.60
The City Corporation has launched the Swacch Bharat Swacch Vidyalaya campaign in 60 elementary and middle schools. The initiative Swacch Bharat Swacch Vidyalaya-Smart School-Healthy Child was the continuation of world hand washing day event being held every year and will focus on personal hygiene among children, segregaton of waste maintenance of toilets and also awareness on sanitation.
- Which date is observed as The International Day for the Eradication of Poverty every year?
Answer – A.October 17
The International Day for the Eradication of Poverty was observed on the October 17th of every year. The 2016 Theme: Moving from humiliation and exclusion to participation: Ending poverty in all its forms. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goal to “end poverty in all its forms everywhere” explicitly recognizes that poverty results not from the lack of just one thing but from many different interrelated factors that affect the lives of people living in poverty.
- What is the name of last king of Rwanda who ruled the east African nation died at an age of 80?
A.King Tut II
Answer – D.Kigeli V
The last king of Rwanda, Kigeli V, who ruled the east African nation for less than a year before being forced into exile, finally settling in the United States, died at the age of 80. Born Jean-Baptiste Ndahindurwa, King Kigeli V came to power in 1959 but was only king of Rwanda until 1961, when the monarchy was abolished and he was forced into exile.
- What is the name of cyclone battered wide areas of the country’s main island of Luzon in Philippines?
Answer – C.Typhoon Sarika
Typhoon Sarika battered wide areas of the country’s main island of Luzon, killed at least two people and isolated hundreds of villages due to floods, cutting off communication lines, felling down trees and electric posts as well as inflicting heavy damage on farms was reported by the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC).
- India’s ODI against which country at Dharamshala is the team’s 900th making it the world first side to achieve a milestone?
Answer – B.New Zealand
India’s ODI against New Zealand at Dharamshala is the team’s 900th making it the world first side to achieve a milestone. India played its first ever ODI in 1974 against England at Leeds which ended in a victory for the hosts. The match was part of a series that would be famously known as the ‘summer of 42.
- Which magnificent species could finally get some protection with the IUCN is all set to declare it a ‘critically endangered’ species?
Answer – C.Hangul
The magnificent Kashmiri Red Stag or Hangul could finally get some protection with the IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) all set to declare it a ‘critically endangered’ species. Hangul has been hunted over centuries and its habitat destroyed, leading to its population in the wild plunging to a mere 150. Even then, IUCN – the biggest international body assessing threat levels to flora and fauna – categorized it as that of ‘Least Concern’ by clubbing with European and other ‘red deer’ species of the world.
- What is the name of largest freshwater lake is situated in North America?
Answer – C.Lake Superior
Lake Superior is the largest freshwater lake situated in North America. Fresh water is naturally occurring water on Earth’s surface in ice sheets, ice caps, glaciers, icebergs, bogs, ponds, lakes, rivers and streams, and underground as groundwater in aquifers and underground streams. It is the world’s third-largest freshwater lake by volume and the largest by volume in North America.
- Which organisation has launched the skill development digital platform “UNO Learn” to offer skill development courses from industry experts and universities?
A.Ideal Way International
B.Game Changer International
C.Success Life International
D.Positive Shift International
Answer – D.Positive Shift International
PositiveShift International launched the skill development digital platform “UNO Learn” to offer skill development courses from industry experts and universities.It will offer 500+ courses now. UNO Learn has signed up with five global institutes – Massachusetts Institute of Tech (MIT), Open University UK, Saylor Academy USA, Future Learn (UK), ZTE University (Taiwan) in addition to 11 domain expert instructors with strong followers on other platforms.
- Which institute group of students has been developing drones using indigenous hardware and software under the initiative of its Aerial Robotics?
A.IIT New Delhi
Answer – D.IIT Kharagpur
A group of students from the Indian Institute of Technology-Kharagpur is developing drones using indigenous hardware and software. The drones being developed under the institute’s Aerial Robotics Kharagpur (ARK) initiative and funded by the Sponsored Research & Industrial Consultancy (SRIC) facility of the Institute. The ARK was the only team from India, which participated in the competition at the Asia-Pacific venue.
- Which country has successfully launched a spacecraft carrying two astronauts, in its longest-ever manned space mission?
Answer – C.China
China successfully launched a spacecraft carrying two astronauts, in its longest-ever manned space mission.This team would later join its experimental space lab orbiting the Earth as the country moved a step closer to establish its permanent space station by 2022. The manned spacecraft Shenzhou-11, carrying two astronauts who will remain in space for 33 days, the longest manned mission in its space program to date.
- Which Senior diplomat was appointed Ambassador to United Arab Emirates on October 18 2016 by the External Affairs Ministry?
A.Navdeep Singh Suri
Answer – A.Navdeep Singh Suri
Senior diplomat Navdeep Singh Suri was appointed Ambassador to United Arab Emirates on October 18 2016 by the External Affairs Ministry. He is currently working as Indian High Commissioner in Canberra. He had served in India’s diplomatic missions in Cairo, Damascus, Washington, Dar es Salaam and London and as India’s Consul General in Johannesburg.
- Who took charge as the member of the ICC’s powerful Finance and Commercial Affairs committee after completion of the global cricket body’s board meeting in Cape Town?
Answer – C.Anurag Thakur
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president Anurag Thakur taken charge as the member of the ICC’s powerful Finance and Commercial Affairs committee after completion of the global cricket body’s board meeting in Cape Town. He was elected as the 34th president of the Board of Control for Cricket on May 2016.
- Who has been appointed as Member Secretary of Law Commission of India by the President Pranab Mukherjee?
Answer – A.Sanjay Singh
President Pranab Mukherjee appointed former legislative secretary Sanjay Singh as Member Secretary, Law Commission of India for a period upto August 31, 2018. He is a retired officer of Indian Legal Service, was in August 2014, appointed as legislative secretary.
- Which company is the India’s most valuable company with a market capitalization of Rs.4.66 trillion, followed by Reliance Industries Ltd?
Answer – B.TCS
TCS is India’s most valuable company with a market capitalization of Rs.4.66 trillion, followed by Reliance Industries Ltd, HDFC Bank Ltd and ITC Ltd at Rs.3.49 trillion, Rs.3.21 trillion and Rs.2.90 trillion.ii. Oil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd (ONGC) beat India’s second largest software exporter, Infosys Ltd to become the fifth most valuable company in India by market capitalization. ONGC had a market capitalization of Rs2.37 trillion.
- Which country has opened the first sanctuary with Guida and Maia for elephants to provide a home for an estimated 50 circus animals from across the region?
Answer – A.Brazil
Brazil has opened the first sanctuary with Guida and Maia in in the central Brazilian state of Mato Grosso for elephants to provide a home for an estimated 50 circus animals from across the region.The first phase of the project will host up to six animals. Guida and Maia elephants are thought to have come from Thailand, where they were illegally taken to be used in circus.
- Who have been nominated as Member of Rajya Sabha and have taken oath in the presence of Rajya Sabha Chairman Md. Hamid Ansari in the Parliament House?
A.Roopa Ganguly and Ganeshan
B.Mallika Pooja and Ilangesan
C.Roopa Devi and Ilanganesan
D.Malika Ganguly and Ganeshan
Answer – A.Roopa Ganguly and Ganeshan
Roopa Ganguly and Ganeshan two newly elected and nominated Members of Rajya Sabha have taken oath in the presence of Rajya Sabha Chairman Md. Hamid Ansari in the Parliament House.