Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The 8th edition of BRICS Summit, an international relations conference was attended heads of government of the five member countries held at which place?
Answer – D.Goa
The 2016 BRICS summit is the eighth annual BRICS summit, an international relations conference attended by the heads of country or heads of government of the five member countries Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. The summit held from 15 to 16 October 2016 at the Taj Exotica hotel in Benaulim, Goa, India. India will hold the chair of the BRICS from February 2016 to December 2016.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh would inaugurate the 10-day ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ (RSM) at Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts in which city?
Answer – A.New Delhi
Home Minister Rajnath Singh would inaugurate the 10-day ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ (RSM) at Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts in New Delhi. Nearly 2,000 artists from across the country will showcase India’s cultural heritage through performances, arts and cuisines. ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ in Delhi is one of the five such festivals planned for this year which will be organised at multiple venues, including Varanasi, Bangalore and Jammu and Kashmir, from November 15 to 25.
- Which festival is probably celebrated on the last day of the Ashwin month in the occasion to observe the birthday of Lord Kartikeswara in Odisha State?
B.Kumbh Mela festival
C.Buddha Purnima festival
D.Kumar Purnima festival
Answer – D.Kumar Purnima festival
Celebrated on the last day of the Ashwin month, the Kumar Purnima festival is the occasion to observe the birthday of Lord Kartikeswara, the son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. It is a festival of rejoicing for the girls. All of them sing and dance. The songs are of special nature. They also play a kind of game known as Puchi. They also indulge in other varieties of country-games.
- Which country is rated the safest country in the Global Travel and Tourism Report 2016 among world countries?
Answer – A.Finland
Finland is rated the safest country while El Salvador was named as the least safe and secure country in the world in the Global Travel and Tourism Report 2016. Latin American countries dominate the list, with Honduras, Guatemala and Mexico suffering from similar gang-related issues to El Salvador, and Colombia and Venezuela.Countries like Syria, Iraq and South Sudan do not appear on the list at all.
- Which renowned writer has been selected for the ‘Mathrubhumi Literary Award’ in recognition of his contribution to the field of literature?
A.C Raguveer Raj
Answer – C.C Radhakrishnan
Renowned writer C Radhakrishnan has been selected for the Mathrubhumi Literary Award in recognition of his contribution to the field of literature. A sum of Rs.2 lakh, a plaque and citation constitute the award. Radhakrishnan is a writer and film director in Malayalam language from Kerala state, South India. He was born in Chamravattom in Ponnani taluk in Malappuram district on February 15, 1939.
- Which editor has been declared as the Oldest working journalist in the country by The Mizoram government’s Information and Public Relations department and the Mizoram Journalists’ Association (MJA)?
Answer – C.Lalbiakthanga Pachuau
The Mizoram government’s Information and Public Relations department and the Mizoram Journalists’ Association (MJA) today declared Lalbiakthanga Pachuau, the editor of ‘Zoram Tlangau’, a Mizo language daily, as the “oldest working journalist in the country. State information minister Lal Thanzara handed over a citation to Pachuau for his long innings in journalism and his contribution to social causes at a function in Aizawl.
- Which International airport has been rated the best in southern region and won the third spot among all the 52 airports from across the country?
A.Kempegowda International Airport
B.Mangalore International Airport
C.Chennai International Airport
D.Trivandrum International Airport
Answer – B.Mangalore International Airport
The Mangalore international airport here has been rated the best in southern region and won the third spot among all the 52 airports from across the country. The performances of all the airports are rated on the basis of overall customer satisfaction. The Airports Authority of India conducts survey of all the airports once in six months through external agency and in the latest survey the airport secured 4.72 marks out of 5 points.
- Which Former IAS officer was appointed as the next Ambassador/PR of India to the UN Conference on Disarmament, Geneva?
A.Amandeep Singh Gill
Answer – A.Amandeep Singh Gill
Former IAS officer Amandeep Singh Gill was appointed as the next Ambassador/PR of India to the UN Conference on Disarmament, Geneva. The Conference on Disarmament (CD) is a forum established in 1979 by the international community to negotiate multilateral arms control and disarmament agreements. It was the forum used by its member states(65) to negotiate the Biological Weapons Convention and the Chemical Weapons Convention.
- Who has been appointed as the president of global sales by Vinod Kumar, Managing Director and Group CEO of Tata Communications?
Answer – C.James Parker
James Parker was appointed as the president of global sales by Vinod Kumar, Managing Director and Group CEO of Tata Communications. Parker will be responsible for leading the company’s global sales organisation across all customer segments, according to a company release. He has experience in sales, commercial and marketing roles in companies including Century Link, Microsoft and IBM.
- Which date is observed as The World Food Day to heighten public awareness about the interconnection of agriculture, food security and world hunger?
Answer – D.October 16
The World Food Day—a day to heighten public awareness about the interconnection of agriculture, food security and world hunger. This year’s theme is “Climate is changing. Food and agriculture must too.” At the same time, the global population is growing steadily and is expected to reach 9.6 billion by 2050. To meet such a heavy demand, agriculture and food systems will need to adapt to the adverse effects of climate change and become more resilient, productive and sustainable.
- Which Indian badminton player clinched the men’s single title in the summit clash of the $55,000 Grand Prix tournament in Taipei?
Answer – B.Sourabh Varma
23-year-old from Madhya Pradesh, Sourabh Varma defeated Malaysia’s Daren Liew 11-4 11-7 11-9 to clinch the men’s single title in the summit clash of the $55,000 Grand Prix tournament in Taipei. Sourabh, who is on a comeback trail after being on the sidelines with multiple injuries. It is his third successive summit and he had won the National championship in 2011.
- What is the name of Indian boxer was out punched Australia’s Ben Kite to retain the WBC welterweight Asia title in New Delhi?
Answer – D.Neeraj Goyat
Indian boxer Neeraj Goyat out punched Australia’s Ben Kite to retain the WBC welterweight Asia title in New Delhi. The 24-year-old prevailed 120-110 119-109 115-113 in an unanimous decision for the hard 12-round contest against his 26-year-old rival, who had the experience of fighting 9 rounds.
- Which athlete would retire after 2017 IAAF World Championship in London who himself claimed as World’s fastest man?
Answer – B.Usain Bolt
World’s fastest man, Usain Bolt will retire after 2017 IAAF World Championship in London. Jamaican athlete is the first athlete in history to claim 3 consecutive Olympic gold medals in the 100, 200 and 4X100m relay events. The 30-year old has won 9 Olympic Gold medals across three games over the span 8 years and is widely regarded as the “fastest human ever timed.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has decided to organise the first ever ICC Women’s World T20 event in which year?
Answer – A.2020
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has decided to organise the first ever ICC Women’s World T20 event in 2020. A decision to this effect was taken at the ICC Board meetings which concluded in Cape. Cricket Australia, hosts for the men’s and women’s ICC World Twenty20 in 2020, proposed holding the women’s tournament as a stand-alone event six months ahead of the men’s edition.
- What is the name of most expensive and technologically advanced class destroyer which has commissioned by the United States Navy?
Answer – B.Zumwalt
US Navy has commissioned its largest, most expensive and technologically advanced destroyer, Zumwalt. The 610-foot-long ship, commissioned in Baltimore also has an advanced power plant and weapon systems. The ship is named after Adm. Elmo R “Bud” Zumwalt, a Bronze Star winner from World War II who went on to serve in the Korean and Vietnam wars and as chief of naval operations from 1970 to 1974.