Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which date is celebrated as World Student’s Day for the commemoration of Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam?
Answer – A.October 15
World celebrates Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’s birth anniversary as students day. In honour of the man who always wished to be remembered as a teacher and who has made himself approachable to more than 18 million youngsters over the last 15 years of his life. United Nations recognized Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s 79th birthday as the World Student’s Day, in the year 2010.
- Which programme began on October 15 2016 in Uttar Pradesh to provide all necessary medical aid and assistance to the pregnant women for over a week?
A.Safe Life Week
B.Safe Motherhood Week
C.Safe Childhood Week
D.Safe Family Week
Answer – B.Safe Motherhood Week
The ‘safe motherhood’ week began on October 15 2016 in Uttar Pradesh to provide all necessary medical aid and assistance to the pregnant women and to ensure safe delivery. The campaign being run under National Health Mission till 21st October.It is the second phase of the ‘Safe Motherhood Week’ as in the first phase conducted in January this year. The aim is to bring down the ‘Mother Mortality Rate’ ‘MMR’ and ‘Infant Mortality Rate’ or ‘IMR’.
- Which date is celebrated as International Day of Rural Women celebrated every year since 2008 to recognizes importance of rural women’s worldwide?
Answer – D.October 15
International Day of Rural Women celebrated every year on October 15, 2016 since 2008 to recognizes rural women’s importance in enhancing agricultural and rural development worldwide. From October 15-17, 2016 , UN Women commemorates three key United Nations observances related to women’s role in development, International Day of Rural Women (15 October), World Food Day (16 October) and International Day for the Eradication of Poverty (17 October).
- What is the name of coach has announced retirement after a glittering career that she crowned world champion twice?
Answer – C.Jessica Ennis-Hill
Jessica Ennis-Hill’s coach has announced that the 2012 Olympic heptathlon champion has chosen the right time to retire after a glittering career that also saw her crowned world champion twice. Having returned to competition after giving birth to her son, Reggie, in 2014, Ennis-Hill went on to win gold at the 2015 World Championships, and took silver at this year’s Olympic Gamesbehind Belgium’s Nafissatou Thiam.
- Which Brazil Football team had won the inaugural edition of the BRICS U-17 Football Tournament?
Answer – D.Samba Boys
Brazil were crowned Champions of the inaugural edition of the BRICS U-17 Football Tournament as the ‘Samba Boys’ thumped South Africa 5-1 in the Finals at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Fatorda, Goa on October 15, 2016. They scored through Paulo Henrique SampaioFilho(24th), Vinicuis Jose paixo de Oliveira Junior(35th), Victor Gabriel Moura de Oliveira(40th, 61st) and Alan de Sourza Guimaraes (90+1).
- Which player defeated his Chinese contender in straight rounds and bagged the gold medal in the 52 Kg category in Wushu?
B.Rohit Prashad Sharma
Answer – D.Yengkhom Jason
Manipuri player Yengkhom Jason defeated his Chinese contender in straight rounds and bagged the yellow medal in the 52 Kg category, overcoming the 30 years drought. 17 year old Jason announced India’s arrival in Wushu at the world stage. Along with Jason, two Manipuri girls, Malemngangbi and Roshibina who participated at the Junior championship also bagged a silver and a bronze medals, doing Manipur Wushu proud.
- Which Institute researchers have developed a cost-effective, self powered UV photodetector that is used to store light in the form of energy devices such supercapacitor?
A.Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore
B.Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
C.Indian Institutes of Technology, Kharagpur
D.Indian Institutes of Technology, Chennai
Answer – B.Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Researchers from the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, have developed a cost-effective, high-performance, self-powered UV photodetector that can use the harvested optical energy for direct self-charging of energy storage devices such as supercapacitor. The researchers have developed the photodetector by integrating semiconducting vanadium doped zinc oxide (VZnO) nanoflakes with a conducting polymer.
- Who has been appointed as head of $100 billion fund by Japanese telecom Softbank Corporation?
Answer – D.Rajeev Misra
Rajeev Misra has been appointed as head of $100 billion fund by Japanese telecom Softbank Corp. Prior to this, Misra was the senior managing director and partner at New York-based investment firm Fortress. Misra joined Softbank Group in 2014 as head of strategic finance and also works with SoftBank Internet and Media Inc.
- Which Italian professional goalkeeper has won prestigious Golden Foot award in Monaco?
A.Edwin van der Sar
Answer – C.Gianluigi Buffon
Juventus’ Gianluigi Buffon has won prestigious Golden Foot award in Monaco. The 38-year-old, Juventus legend has been one of the standout performers for the Turin club in the last decade. He was honoured with the award not only for his contributions on the field but his contributions for football off the field as well.
- Which Indian scientist with the Department of Packaging, has been awarded the prestigious IAFP Young scientist scholarship award?
B.S. Kiran Kumar
D.Kirtiraj Kundlik Gaikwad
Answer – D.Kirtiraj Kundlik Gaikwad
Kirtiraj Kundlik Gaikwad, an Indian scientist with the Department of Packaging, has been awarded the prestigious IAFP Young scientist scholarship award.This is awarded for his research work on “development of novel oxygen absorbing package in the field of active packaging for oxygen sensitive food products”.
- Which former Chief Minister awarded with the Sri Maharshi Valimiki Jayanti Award for the year 2016-17 by Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah?
B.D. V. Sadananda Gowda
Answer – A.Veeranna
Former Minister Veeranna (76) awarded with the Sri Maharshi Valimiki Jayanti Award for the year 2016-17 by Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah.The award carries a cash prize of Rs. 5 lakh and a citation. Mr Veeranna hails from Koratagere in Tumakuru district and served as the Minister in the Janata Party government and he held portfolios of small savings, transport, commerce and industries and prisons. He was elected to the Legislative Assembly in 1983 from Koratagere constituency. He was re-elected in 1985. He also served as the Deputy Speaker.
- Reliance Communications Ltd. (RCom) has signed a non-binding term sheet with Canadian Brookfield Infrastructure Group (Brookfield) to sell a majority 51 per cent stake of its nationwide tower assets and related infrastructure for how much amount?
A.Rs. 11,000 crores
B.Rs. 10,000 crores
C.Rs. 15,000 crores
D.Rs. 17,000 crores
Answer – A.Rs. 11,000 crores
Anil Ambani-led Reliance Communications Ltd. (RCom) has signed a non-binding term sheet with Canadian Brookfield Infrastructure Group (Brookfield) to sell a majority 51 per cent stake of its nationwide tower assets and related infrastructure for Rs. 11,000 crores. It is one of the largest FDI in infrastructure sector. RCom and Brookfield expect considerable growth in tenancies based on increasing 4G offerings by all telecom operators.
- Which Transportation app has signed MoU with Ministry of Electronics and IT’s CSCs (Common Services Centres) for skilling drivers on its platform?
B.OLA cabs app
Answer – C.Uber app
Transportation app Uber has signed MoU with Ministry of Electronics and IT’s CSCs (Common Services Centres) for skilling drivers on its platform. The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed in the presence of Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad and Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat, CSC CEO Dinesh Tyagi and Prabhjeet Singh, Uber India GM (Delhi).
- According to a data released by the RBI shows that India’ banking system reported how much amount of total deposits for the first time ever in September?
A.Rs. 170 lakh crore
B.Rs. 150 lakh crore
C.Rs. 50 lakh crore
D.Rs. 100 lakh crore
Answer – D.Rs. 100 lakh crore
According to a data released by the RBI shows that India’ banking system reported total deposits of Rs 100 lakh crore for the first time ever in September. Demand deposits crossing R10 lakh crore and time deposits crossing the Rs 90 lakh crore mark, the month saw the highest-ever monthly rise of Rs 5.32 lakh crore — more than the total deposits in the banking sector 20 years back.
- Which country has decided to leave the Commonwealth games because of lacking of progress in promoting the rule of law and democracy?
Answer – C.Maldives
The Maldives announced that it would leave the Commonwealth, weeks after the organisation warned it could be suspended because of its lack of progress in promoting the rule of law and democracy. The Indian Ocean archipelago has been involved in political unrest since Mohamed Nasheed, its first democratically elected leader, was removed in disputed circumstances in 2012.
- In order to boost bilateral trade and investment, 17th India-Russia Annual Summit was held at which place?
Answer – B.Goa
India and Russia will review strategies to boost bilateral trade and investment, while committing to improve ease of doing business, including liberalising travel regime, in their countries. It was issued after the meeting of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin at the ongoing summit of the BRICS group, comprising Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- Textiles Minister Smriti Irani inaugurated the India International Silk Fair in which city to promote production and marketing silk across the country?
Answer – D.New Delhi
Textiles Minister Smriti Irani inaugurated the India International Silk Fair in New Delhi to promote production and marketing silk across the country. India International Silk Fair showcasing wide range of silk & silk blended products will give an insight on India’s silk industry to overseas buyers. The Indian Silk Export Promotion Council is organising the Silk fair in which 100 buyers from various countries are participating.
- How much amount worth The Transport Minister announced that India and Germany would work on projects for improving rail connectivity of Indian ports which is implemented by the IPRCL?
A.Rs.1.6 lakh crore
B.Rs.1 lakh crore
C.Rs.2 lakh crore
D.Rs.2.5 lakh crore
Answer – B.Rs.1 lakh crore
Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Nitin Gadkari announced that India and Germany would work on projects, worth Rs.1 lakh crore, for improving rail connectivity of Indian ports, being implemented by the Indian Port Rail Corporation Ltd (IPRCL). A German delegation, led by its Transport Minister Alexander Dobrindt, had a detailed meeting with Gadkari related to various aspects of infrastructure development.
- Union Government has decided to distribute pulses vide which offices across the country?
A.Excise Department offices
B.Income Tax Offices
D.All India Radio
Answer – C.Post Offices
The Centre government decided to utilise the vast network of post offices across the country to sell subsidised pulses to ensure that there is no shortage of the item during this festival season. A decision to this effect was taken by the Inter-Ministerial Committee on prices of essential commodities, headed by Consumer Affairs Secretary Hem Pande.