AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 13 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Name the state cabinet has approved reservations for persons with disabilities in government jobs and educational institutions.
1. West Bengal
5. TripuraAnswer – 4. Bihar
On Oct 11th 2017 , The Bihar state cabinet has approved reservations for persons with disabilities in government jobs and educational institutions.The approval was given during a meeting presided by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and the Cabinet Secretariat Department Special Secretary Upendra Nath Pandey.
- Which city is to host an international Puppet festival named ‘PUN (Puppets Unite Neighbours) International Puppet Festival’?
5. PuneAnswer – 2. Kolkatta
On 26th – 31st October 2017, Kolkata is to host an international Puppet festival named ‘PUN (Puppets Unite Neighbours) International Puppet Festival’ at Mohorkunj, Kolkata. West Bengal principal secretary Tourism and Home Affairs Atri Bhattacharya would inaugurate the International puppet festival. The festival will be conducted for 6 days.
- To honor which National freedom fighter government committee has been formed to coordinate year-long celebrations of 150th birth anniversary?
1. Jawaharlal Nehru
2. Sardhar Vallabai Patel
4. Subash Chandra Bose
5. Mahatma GandhiAnswer – 5. Mahatma Gandhi
On 12th October 2017, the Ministry of Culture announced that, a government committee has been formed to coordinate year-long celebrations of Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary from 2nd October, 2019.
- Who has launched Sampoorna Bima Gram (SBG) Yojana and an initiative for expansion of clientele base of Postal Life Insurance (PLI)?
1. Mr.Ashok Gajapathi Raju Pusapati
2. Mr.Ravi Shankar Prasad
3. Mr.Prakash Javadeka
4. Mr.Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
5. Manoj SinhaAnswer – 5. Manoj Sinha
On 13th October 2017, the Minister for Communications Manoj Sinha launched the Sampoorna Bima Gram (SBG) Yojana and an initiative for expansion of clientele base of Postal Life Insurance (PLI).
- Which union minister has inaugurated the 44th edition of Indian Handicrafts and Gift Fair (IHGF) 2017 in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh?
1. Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
2. Minister of Human Resource Development
3. Minister of Textiles
4. Minister of Statistics and Programme Implementation
5. Minister of Commerce and IndustryAnswer – 3. Minister of Textiles
On October 12, 2017, Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani inaugurated the 44th edition of Indian Handicrafts and Gift Fair (IHGF) 2017 at India Expo Centre and Mart in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- Where did Dilli seminar on India & Southeast Asia maritime trade begin?
2. Andhra Pradesh
5. GoaAnswer – 3. Kerala
The annual Dilli seminar on ‘India and Southeast Asia – Maritime Trade, Expedition and Civilisation Linkages’ began on October 13, 2017 at the Indian Naval Academy (INA) in Kerala.
- Japan’s capital Tokyo has topped Economist Intelligence Unit’s Safe Cities Index 2017 of 60 cities. Indian cities Delhi and Mumbai have ranked _____ and _____.
1. 12th and 15th
2. 22nd and 25rd
3. 33rd and 35th
4. 43rd and 45th
5. 53rd and 55thAnswer – 4. 43rd and 45th
Japan’s capital Tokyo has topped Economist Intelligence Unit’s Safe Cities Index 2017 of 60 cities. Indian cities Delhi and Mumbai have ranked 43rd and 45th respectively. Safe Cities Index is a report by London-headquartered Economist Intelligence Unit owned by ‘The Economist Group’.
- Where was G-20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) Meeting held?
1. United States
3. South Africa
5. AustraliaAnswer – 1. United States
On 13th October 2017, the G-20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) Meeting was held in Washington D.C., US. The Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Arun Jaitley participated in the G-20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) Meeting.
- Which two countries have announced to quit from the UN’s cultural agency UNESCO, after US accused UNESCO of “anti-Israeli bias”?
1. Kenya and Turkey
2. Japan and Senegal
3. China and Iran
4. US and Israel
5. France and CanadaAnswer – 4. US and Israel
On 12th October 2017, the US and Israel announced that, they quit from the UN’s cultural agency UNESCO, after US accused UNESCO of “anti-Israeli bias”.
- Which of the following norms to Keep E-Wallets Safe?
1. Know your Billing
2. Know your Credits
3. Know your Transaction
4. Know your Debits
5. Know your CustomerAnswer – 5. Know your Customer
Through its latest set of guidelines for E-Wallets, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced strict know your customer (KYC) norms which has evoked mixed response from digital wallet companies.
- Which Indian public sector oil company becomes first Indian oil company to trade lubricants in Myanmar?
1. Indian Oil Corporation Limited
2. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
3. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
4. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
5. Chennai Petroleum Corporation LimitedAnswer – 2. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL), a public sector oil company has started selling lubricants in Myanmar. With this move, HPCL has become first oil company of India to start marketing lubricants in Myanmar.
- M K Sanu has been chosen for which of the following award for the year 2016 on On 12th October 2017?
1.Kendra Sahitya Adademi Award
2. Vayalar Award
3. Mathrubhumi Literary Award
4. Padmaprabha Award
5. Kerala Sahitya Akademi AwardAnswer – 3. Mathrubhumi Literary Award
On 12th October 2017, Mathrubhumi Managing Director M P Veerendra Kumar announced that, famous critic, biographer and orator M K Sanu has been chosen for the Mathrubhumi Literary Award for 2016.
- Which of the following multinational electronic company’s CEO Kwon Oh-hyun has resigned recently on 13th October 2017?
1. LG Corporation
2. Sony Corporation
5. SamsungAnswer – 5. Samsung
On 13th October 2017, Samsung Electronics Co Ltd announced that, its Vice Chairman and CEO, Oh-Hyun Kwon, had decided to step down from management.
- Who has appointed as head of MobiKwik Payment Gateway?
1. Shika Sharma
2. Roopa Kudva
3. Indra Nooyi
4. Rukaiya Rangwala
5. Vinita BaliAnswer – 4. Rukaiya Rangwala
On 13th October 2017, MobiKwik, mobile wallet service and payment gateway provider, announced the appointment of Rukaiya Rangwala as the Business Head of ‘MobiKwik Payment Gateway’.
- To which country India’s High Commissioner to Pakistan,Mr. Gautam H. Bambawale was appointed as next ambassador?
4. Sri Lanka
5. BangladeshAnswer – 1. China
On 12th October 2017, India’s High Commissioner to Pakistan, Gautam H. Bambawale was appointed as next ambassador to People’s Republic of China. Gautam H. Bambawale is an Indian Foreign Service Officer (IFS) of batch 1984. He is presently the High Commissioner of India to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- Which Indian domestic airline has appointed its new Chief Executive Officer Leslie Thng who takes charge in the month October, 2017?
3. Jet Airways
5. SpiceJetAnswer – 4. Vistara
On October 11th 2017, Tata-SIA joint venture airline named Vistara pads up for the launch of international operations 2018, announced the appointment of its new Chief Executive Officer Leslie Thng who takes charge in the month October, 2017. The former CEO Phee Teik Yeoh will return to Singapore International Airlines.
- What are the two Indian Naval Ships visiting Sasebo to participate in PASSEX with Japan from 12th to 15th October 2017?
1. INS Aditya and INS Arihant
2. INS Satpura and Kadmatt
3. INS Airavat and INS Trinkat
4. INS Varuna and INSV Tarini
5. INS Jalashwa and INS ShardulAnswer – 2. INS Satpura and Kadmatt
Indian Naval Ships Satpura and Kadmatt are visiting Sasebo, Japan from 12th to 15th October 2017. The visit of these ships is in line with India’s Act East Policy and reiterating of India’s commitment to peace and stability in the Indo-Pacific Region.
- On 12th October 2017, two experimental vaccines against the ___________ virus proved safe and efficient in human trial.
5. EbolaAnswer – 5. Ebola
On 12th October 2017, two experimental vaccines against the Ebola virus proved safe and efficient to produce an immune response that would last for at least one year, through a clinical trial in Liberia.
- Name the mobile health App the Indian Air Force (IAF) launched on the occasion of its 85th anniversary.
1.’Med Assistant ‘
3. ‘Med IAF’
5.’Med Air’Answer – 4.’Med Watch’
On 12th October 2017, the Indian Air Force (IAF) launched an innovative mobile health App named ‘MedWatch’ on the occasion of its 85th anniversary. The concept and content of the App were developed by the Directorate General of Medical Services (Air). It was developed in-house without any financial support by the Directorate of Information Technology (DIT). MedWatch’ is available on the IAF’s AFCEL (Air Force Cellular) network.
- Esther Staubli is set to become the first female football referee to officiate a match at the FIFA U-17 World Cup. Which country she belongs to?
1. United States
5. GermanyAnswer – 3. Switzerland
Switzerland’s Esther Staubli is set to become the first female football referee to officiate a match at the FIFA U-17 World Cup when Japan takes on New Caledonia in the final round group E match on October 14, 2017 at Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata.
- On Oct.13 2017, International Cricket Council approved to conduct Test championship and one-day international league.Who is the CEO of International Cricket Council (ICC)?
1. Shashank Manohar
2. David Richardson
3. Zaheer Abbas
4. Upasana Taku
5. Angela MerkelAnswer – 2. David Richardson
David Richardson is the CEO of ICC.
- What is the slogan of International Day for Disaster Reduction 2017?
1. ‘Home Safe Home: Reducing Exposure, Reducing Displacement’
2. ‘Home secure : Implement technology, Reducing Risk’
3. ‘Home Safe Home: Clean and neat Environment’
4. ‘Home secure : safety and secure Environment’
5. ‘Home Safe : right decision at right time’
1. ‘Home Safe Home: Reducing Exposure, Reducing Displacement’Answer – 1. ‘Home Safe Home: Reducing Exposure, Reducing Displacement’
On 13th October 2017, International Day for Disaster Reduction was observed all over the world. Home Safe Home: Reducing Exposure, Reducing Displacement’ is the slogan for International Day for Disaster Reduction 2017. The 2017 campaign aims to raise global awareness about effective actions, policies and practices taken to reduce exposure to disaster risk at the community level, to save homes and livelihoods.