AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 12 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- What are the two Schemes introduced by cabinet to boost Skill India Mission?
1. Atal Pension Yojana & Digital India Programme
2. SANKALP & STRIVE
3. Gramin Bhandaran Yojana & Integrated Rural Development Program
4. MNREGA & SANKALP
5. SANGALP & LPG
Answer 2. SANKALP & STRIVE
Explanation: In a bid to provide a boost to ‘Skill India Mission’, on October 11, 2017, Union Cabinet approved two new skill development schemes named Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP) and Skill Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement (STRIVE). Both these schemes are result oriented programmes focusing on vocational education and training.
- To strengthen economic links and to enhance cooperation between SEBI and FSC the MoU is signed between India and which overseas territory?
Answer 2. Gibraltar
Explanation Union Cabinet gave its approval for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and Financial Services Commission (FSC), Gibraltar for mutual co-operation and technical assistance.
• The MoU will strengthen economic links and will enhance cooperation between SEBI and FSC.
• It would help in making the information sharing framework between the two regulators more effective.
• Gibraltar is a British Overseas territory located at the Southern coast of Spain.
- To honour the sacrifices of the martyrs, which state government has decided to construct ‘Gaurav Marg Path’ which will contain statues of the martyrs?
1. Jammu & Kashmir
4. Uttar Pradesh
5. Tamil Nadu
Answer 4. Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: Yogi Adityanath said that, to honour the sacrifices of the martyrs, the Uttar Pradesh state government will construct ‘Gaurav Marg Path’ which will contain statues of the martyrs.
- Under Namami Gange programme, the Central Government approved setting up of Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) in which two cities of Uttar Pradesh?
1. Haridwar and Varanasi
2. Lucknow and Allahabad
3. Varanasi and Allahabad
4. Kannauj and Ghaziabad
5. Jaulaun and Ghaziabad
Answer 1. Haridwar and Varanasi
Explanation: the Central Government approved setting up of Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) at Haridwar and Varanasi under its Namami Gange programme.
The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has signed an agreement with Uttarakhand Pey Jal Nigam and Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam and private players for setting up first STPs in Haridwar and Varanasi under hybrid annuity mode.
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced ration cards for _________, living in different parts of Haryana?
1. Nomadic tribes
3. Foreign origin
4. People from other states residing in Haryana for more than 10 years
5. Government employees without Ration card
Answer 1. Nomadic tribes
Explanation Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced ration cards for nomadic tribes living in different parts of Haryana. Khattar announced that, the Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department would organise camps to issue ration cards to nomadic tribes. This would provide identification to them as permanent residents.
- With an aim to make Gujarat number 1 state in textiles sector what is the related policy announced by the state Government ?
1. Innovation Scheme in Textile, 2017
2. Diversification of textile products Policy
3. Quality cloth for all Policy
4. Textile Policy, 2017
5. Garments and Apparel Policy, 2017
Answer 5. Garments and Apparel Policy
Explanation Gujarat State Government under Chief Minister Vijay Rupani announced its Garments and Apparel Policy-2017.
The policy has been prepared with an aim to make Gujarat number 1 state in textiles sector. It is to be noted that Gujarat is a major producer of cotton. Under this policy, Gujarat Government will make efforts to make supply chain in textiles sector suitable for farm-to-fibre, fibre-to-fabric, fabric-to-fashion and fashion to foreign exports.
- India ranks which position in Global Hunger Index ?
Answer 3. 100th
Explanation India has ranked at 100th position among 119 countries on the Global Hunger Index (GHI), 2017. This year’s ranking marks a drop of three positions as compared to 97th rank in Global Hunger Index 2016.
i. India’s GHI 2017 score of 4 places it at the high end of the “serious” hunger problem category.
- What action would be taken by SEBI to the listed companies for not following the norms with regard to Minimum Public Shareholding (MPS) ?
1. Fine Penalty
Answer 5. 1&3
Explanation SEBI announced that, listed companies not following the norms with regard to Minimum Public Shareholding (MPS) would be taken action including fine (penalty) and delisting. According to MPS norms, any listed company must have at least 25 % as public shareholders and 75 % can be held by promoters. Companies not following these norms should to pay a fine of Rs.5,000 a day.
- Which of the following given below is not an NBFC (Non-banking financial companies) ?
1. LIC Housing Finance
2. Power Finance Corporation
3. Reliance Capital
4. None of these
5. All the above
Answer 4. None of these
Some Non-banking financial companies (NBFCs):
• Power Finance Corporation
• Reliance Capital
• Muthoot Finance
• Infrastructure Development Finance Company
• LIC Housing Finance
- What is the new project launched by State Bank of India (SBI) to provide a short-term working capital demand loan to its Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) clients?
1. Project Uptech
2. SME Assist
3. Project Finance SBU
4. Traders easy loan Scheme
5. Project Vivek
Answer 2. SME Assist
Explanation State Bank of India (SBI) launched a new product called ‘SME Assist’ to provide a short-term working capital demand loan to its Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) clients.
The loans shall be provided on the basis of clients’ input credit claims under Goods and Services Tax (GST), subject to submitting of a certificate from their chartered accountant confirming the input credit claims.
- American financial technology company Mastercard launched its first innovation lab in which part of India?
1. Kolkata, Westbengal
2. Trichy, TamilNadu
3. Chennai, TamilNadu
4. Mumbai, Maharashtra
5. Pune, Maharashtra
Answer 5. Pune, Maharashtra
Explanation American financial technology company Mastercard launched its first innovation lab in India in Pune, Maharashtra. This centre is Mastercard’s ninth lab in the world and the second in Asia Pacific besides Singapore. The centre in Pune will focus on new payment technology ideas for the rapidly growing digital economy in India.
- What is the time period given by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to the banks and non-bank entities to make their digital wallets/prepaid payment instruments (PPIs), interoperable through the Unified Payments Interface (UPI)?
1. 6 months
2. 8 months
3. 10 months
4. 12 months
5. 24 months
Answer 1. 6 months
Explanation: Reserve Bank of India (RBI) instructed banks and non-bank entities to make their digital wallets/prepaid payment instruments (PPIs), interoperable through the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) within six months.
As per RBI’s master directions, in the first phase, all PPIs that are Know Your Customer (KYC)-compliant should be made interoperable amongst themselves through UPI.
- Which is the largest IPO (Initial Public Offering) in Indian primary market?
1. Reliance Power
2. Coal India
3. General Insurance Corporation
4. State bank of India
Answer 2. Coal India
Explanation: India’s biggest reinsurer, General Insurance Corp of India (GIC Re)’s Rs. 11,370 crore Initial Public Offer (IPO) opened for subscription on October 11, 2017. GIC Re’s Rs. 11370 crore IPO is Indian primary market’s third largest IPO after Coal India (Rs.15,200 crore in 2010) and Reliance Power (Rs. 11,600 crore in 2008). Following this IPO, government’s stake in GIC Re will fall by 14.22% and will fetch Rs. 9,800 which shall help in meeting its disinvestment target.
- The ‘think-tank’ for guidance to achieve oil and gas is formed to reduce the target set by the Prime Minister to reduce oil import dependence by _________%.
Answer 1. 10%
Explanation: Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan announced the formation of an internal ‘think-tank’, consisting of experts to advise on technology and build a successful gas network in India.
Dharmendra Pradhan made this announcement at the India Energy Forum by CERAWeek. He said that, the ‘think-tank’ is formed to reduce the target set by the Prime Minister to reduce oil import dependence by 10 %. The think tank will be in an advisory role and will look after gas infrastructure, financing model for projects, price competitiveness etc.
- Which actor received the Kota Shivaram Karanth Huttura Prashasti award, at the Kota Shivaram Karanth Theme Park, in Kota, Udupi district of Karnataka?
1. Aushka Shetty
3. Prakash Raj
4. Shilpa Shetty
5. Ajith Kumar
Answer 3. Prakash Raj
Explanation Prakash Raj, actor and film-maker, received the Kota Shivaram Karanth Huttura Prashasti award, at the Kota Shivaram Karanth Theme Park, in Kota, Udupi district of Karnataka. The Kota Shivaram Karanth Huttura Prashasti award is instituted in the name of Jnanpith awardee K Shivaram Karanth. It is given by the Kotatattu gram panchatyat in Kota, the birthplace of the literary giant, K Shivaram Karanth, in Udupi district of Karnataka.
- Who is appointed as the new CEO of HSBC?
1. Mark Tucker
2. Peter Oborne
3. John Flint
4. Sinaloa Cartel
5. Arthur Anderson
Answer 3. John Flint
Explanation: HSBC announced that, it has appointed John Flint as its next CEO, in London.
John Flint currently runs HSBC’s retail and wealth management business. He will take charge as CEO on 21stFebruary, 2018. He would replace current CEO Stuart Gulliver. Gulliver is retiring after seven years in this job.
- Who is the first Indian ambassador of Laureus ?
1. Hardik Pandya
2. VVS Lakshman
3. Virat Kohli
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Yuvraj Singh
Answer 5. Yuvraj Singh
Explanation Yuvraj Singh was announced as the first Indian ambassador of Laureus at an event in Mumbai. Yuvraj Singh has become the first Indian ambassador of Laureus. Laureus works to improve the lives of young people through sport. Yuvraj Singh is an Indian cricketer. He is a left-hander. Laureus consists of Indian cricket legends like Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and Kapil Dev.
- Where is the Headquarters of Tata Teleservices located?
Answer 2. Mumbai
Explanation: Headquarters – Mumbai
Interim Chairman – Ratan Tata
- What the name of recycled rocket launched by SpaceX which landed on a drone ship in the Atlantic Ocean?
1. Falcon 8
2. Falcon 9
3. Falcon 7
4. Falcon 1
5. Falcon 3
Answer 2. Falcon 9
Explanation: SpaceX has launched the rocket Falcon 9, that had already flown to space and landed it successfully on an ocean platform. It is as part of SpaceX’s effort to recycle costly rocket components.
At 6:53 pm (2253 GMT), the tall, white Falcon 9 rocket blasted off from Cape Canaveral, Florida carrying the Echostar 105/SES-11 satellite. The satellite aims to provide television coverage and communications capabilities to North America, Hawaii, Mexico and the Caribbean. It is a “dual-mission” satellite for the US-based operator EchoStar and Luxembourg-based operator SES.
- Which Indian Cricketer announced his retirement from all forms of cricket?
1. Ravindra Jadeja
2. Ravichandran Ashwin
3. Rohit Sharma
4. MS Dhoni
5. Ashish Nehra
Answer 5. Ashish Nehra
Explanation: Ashish Nehra announced that, he will be retiring from all forms of cricket, after the first Twenty20 international between India and New Zealand at Delhi’s Feroz Shah Kotla, on 1st November 2017.
Ashish Nehra is glad to retire at his home ground. He wanted to retire while he was still on top. He made his senior debut for India, during the Test series against Sri Lanka in 1999 and helped the Indian cricket team reach the 2003 World Cup final. He is 38 years old.
- Which Football Federation was suspended by FIFA due to Interference of third party?
Answer 3. Pakistan
Explanation: The Pakistan football federation was suspended from FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) by the Bureau of FIFA council on 10th Oct 2017.
The reason behind the suspension was the “Interference of third party” in PFF i.e, the PFF accounts and their offices were under the control of an administrator appointed by court and this actually violated the rules of FIFA that it should manage its affairs independently and without the interference of third parties.
- Name the football player who ended up his international carrier because his team couldn’t get qualified for world cup 2018.
1. Thomas Muller
2. Manuel Neuer
3. Mario Gotze
4. Arjen robben
5. Toni Kroos
Answer 4. Arjen robben
Explanation: Arjen robben, the 33 years old football player announced his retirement news from the international football. He played for Bayern Munich, a German club. He is well known for his speed and accurate shots. He scored two goals against Sweden on the last match and it was not enough for his team to get qualified to World cup 2018. That made him to end up his international carrier.