Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which Senior National Conference leader and former MP died at his residence after prolonged illness at an age of 71?
D.Mohammad Shafi Bhat
Answer –D.Mohammad Shafi Bhat
Senior National Conference leader and former MP Mohammad Shafi Bhat died at his residence after prolonged illness. Bhat was 71 and had been suffering from illness for the past few years. He breathed his last at his Tulsibagh official residence and he was later laid to rest at his ancestral graveyard in Rajbagh locality of uptown Srinagar.
- Which Olympic Committee had officially withdrawn its bid to stage the 2024 Games in Rome after the city council voted to oppose the candidacy?
A.National Olympic Committee
B.Italy Olympic Committee
C.International Olympic Committee
D.Brazil Olympic Committee
Answer – B.Italy Olympic Committee
Italy’s Olympic Committee had officially withdrawn its bid to stage the 2024 Games in Rome after the city council voted to oppose the candidacy. Committee chief Giovanni Malago. Malago expressed that the Italy had not only been made to look stupid by backing out at this late stage, but had also missed out on a golden opportunity to attract badly needed foreign investment.
- Which Indian Golfer recorded her third top-10 finish on the Ladies European Tour at the ISPS Handa Ladies European Masters held at the Golf Club Hubblerath, Germany?
Answer – A.Aditi Ashok
Aditi Ashok (18) from India recorded her third top-10 finish on the Ladies European Tour at the ISPS Handa Ladies European Masters held at the Golf Club Hubblerath, Germany. She tied at ninth position in the final. She played her fourth successive one-under 69 round for her third straight top-10 finish on the Ladies European Tour at the Lacoste Ladies Open de France.
- What is the name of Amphibious Bus is launched by the Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar to attract the tourists?
Answer – B.Duck Boats
Goa Tourism department added another attraction for tourists in the coastal state with the launch of a vessel that could run on both land and water. Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar launched the vessels popularly known as ‘Duck Boats’ which is a first of its kind facility being used for civilian purpose (joy rides) in India.
- Which Indian off-spin bowler reclaimed the number one spot in Test rankings for bowlers?
Answer – C.Ravichandran Ashwin
Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin reclaimed the number one spot in Test rankings for bowlers. Ashwin, who was named man of the series after he finished with 27 wickets in a 3-0 sweep by India, now has 220 wickets, the most by any bowler after 39 Tests. Ashwin, who finished the 2015 year-end rankings as the number-one bowler and was also at the top briefly in July this year.
- Which Indian cricketer was presented with the prestigious ICC Test Championship mace, following India wins over New Zealand in the third Test at Indore?
Answer – B.Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli was presented with the prestigious ICC Test Championship mace, following India’s win over New Zealand in the third Test at Indore, for leading his team to the top of the ICC Test Team Rankings. India beat New Zealand by 321 runs in the third Test to clean sweep the series 3-0.India was guaranteed number-one spot on the ICC Test Team Rankings after they took a 2-0 lead in Kolkata.
- What is the name of bandage is developed by NASA that uses electricity to promote healing of injured wounds?
A.Dichloro Pelvoric Chloride
Answer – D.Polyvinylidene Fluoride
A new high-tech material named polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) or electroactive bandage developed by NASA that uses electricity to promote healing of injured wounds. It is proven that wounds tend to heal much more quickly if small amounts of electricity are applied to the surrounding tissue. However, the gauze pattern is also essential to the healing process.
- Who has been elected as the National President of All India Manufacturer’s Association (AIMO) at the 75th Annual General Body Meeting held recently in Mumbai?
A.B K Rajeshkiran
B.R K Ranganathan
C.K E Raghunathan
D.J K Ragavendiran
Answer – C.K E Raghunathan
Former Regional Chairman of All India Manufacturers’ Association, K E Raghunathan has been elected as the National President of All India Manufacturer’s Association (AIMO) at the 75th Annual General Body Meeting held recently in Mumbai. Suresh Deora was elected as National General Secretary and Harish L Metha as the Honorary National Treasurer of AIMO.
- Who has been appointed as a Whole-Time Member of markets regulator SEBI by the Union Government?
C.R S Sodhi
Answer – B.G Mahalingam
Government has appointed Reserve Bank’s Executive Director G Mahalingam as a Whole-Time Member of markets regulator SEBI. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) can have three Whole-Time Members (WTMs). Mahalingam’s appointment follows the retirement of Prashant Saran as WTM in June this year.
- Which NBA player has been appointed as the Chinese Ambassador to China’s Mars mission by 2020?
Answer – D.Yao Ming
China appointed former NBA player Yao Ming was appointed as the Chinese Ambassador to China’s Mars mission by 2020. Yao Ming is the first to be appointed as an ambassador to a planet other than the Earth. China plans to land on Mars by 2020, two years behind SpaceX unmanned mission to the red planet in 2018.
- Chief Minister portfolios held by ailing Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa have been allocated to which minister?
Answer – D.O. Panneerselvam
Chief Minister portfolios held by ailing Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa have been allocated to Finance Minister O. Panneerselvam.The portfolios re-allocated include the Home and Public Departments and General Administration among others. The decision was taken by Governor Vidyasagar Rao has been taken on the advice of Ms Jayalalithaa who is undergoing treatment at a Chennai hospital since the 22nd of last month.
- Which former Chief Minister conferred with a prestigious award by the Ugandan government for promoting human values through his literature in Uganda on October 12 2016?
B.Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
D.Mohan Lal Sukhadia
Answer – B.Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
Former Uttarakhand chief minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank conferred with a prestigious award by the Ugandan government for promoting human values through his literature in Uganda on October 12 2016. The award was presented by the Ugandan Prime Minister Ruhakana Rugunda. He published number of poems, novels and stories. Some of his literacy work translated into other languages like Tamil, Telungu, German and English.
- Which University along with FieldFresh Foods, a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises & Del Monte Pacific Limited have signed a MoU to carry out a corn productivity research programme?
A.Birsa Agricultural University
C.Punjab Agricultural University
D.Assam Agricultural University
Answer – C.Punjab Agricultural University
Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) and FieldFresh Foods, a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises & Del Monte Pacific Limited have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to carry out a corn productivity research programme. The MoU follows the agreement signed recently between Cambridge University and Bharti Foundation to fund the research Programme. The three-year programme, to be funded by FieldFresh, will look at enhancing corn crop yield and minimising greenhouse gas emissions.
- Which limited has planned to construct the nation’s longest LPG pipeline from Gujarat coast to Gorakhpur in eastern Uttar Pradesh to supply to growing demand for cooking gas in the country?
Indian Oil Corp (IOC) planned to construct the nation’s longest LPG pipeline from Gujarat coast to Gorakhpur in eastern Uttar Pradesh to supply to growing demand for cooking gas in the country. The Plan is to import LPG at Kandla in Gujarat and move it through the 1,987 kilometer pipeline to Gorakhpur via Ahmedabad (in Gujarat), Ujjain, Bhopal (in Madhya Pradesh), Kanpur, Allahabad, Varanasi and Lucknow (in Uttar Pradesh).
- Which foreign based bank announced a tie-up with Uber under which its credit cardholders across six countries would get a cash-back of up to 25 per cent for hailing cabs from the app?
A.Standard Chartered Bank
C.American Express Banking Corp.
D.Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
Answer – A.Standard Chartered Bank
Foreign lender Standard Chartered Bank announced a tie-up with Uber under which its credit cardholders, across six countries, will get a cash-back of up to 25 per cent for hailing cabs from the app. This is the first multi market partnership for the two companies. The partnership also activated in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam.
- Which bank has renewed its corporate agency tie-up with United India Insurance Company (UIIC)?
C.Bank of India
D.Bank of Maharashtra
Answer – D.Bank of Maharashtra
Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) has renewed its corporate agency tie-up with United India Insurance Company (UIIC). Customers can buy the entire gamut of UIIC products at any of the 1,896 branches of the bank across the country. They can buy insurance products related to motor, fire, health, marine, overseas travel policy and personal accident from the bank’s branches.
- The first BRICS Trade Fair and Exhibition began in which place to exhibit state-of-the-art technologies and advances made in industrial development?
Answer – B.New Delhi
The first BRICS Trade Fair and Exhibition began in New Delhi, ahead of the BRICS political summit in Goa. BRICS is the acronym for an association of five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. The three-day fair was held at Pragati Maidan. According to organisers, the fair has attracted more than 600 exhibitors. Intra-BRICS trade grew to 297 billion US dollar in 2014, from 281 billion US dollar in 2012.
- How much amount has been donated to the Nelson Mandela Foundation to help it in its welfare work for the people of South Africa?
Answer – A.Rs.9.3 million
India donated Rs.9.3 million (ZAR 2 million) to the Nelson Mandela Foundation to help it in its welfare work for the people of South Africa. At the offices of the Foundation in Johannesburg, Indian High Commissioner Ruchi Ghanashyam announced that the donation was a direct result of the recent visit by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- What is the rank positioned by India out of 118 countries on the International Food Policy Research Institute’s (IFPRI) Global Hunger Index (GHI) in 2016?
Answer – C.97th
India ranked 97th out of 118 countries on the International Food Policy Research Institute’s (IFPRI) Global Hunger Index (GHI) in 2016. Overall, the Central African Republic, Chad, and Zambia fared the worst while Argentina fared the best among the countries included in the study. It is noted that Pakistan fares even worse and was placed 107 in the GHI list.
- The Union Government is going to commemorate the birth centenary of social activist and former RSS leader. Who is he?
C.Kisan Baburao Hazare
Answer – D.Nanaji Deshmukh
The Union Government is going to commemorate the birth centenary of social activist and former RSS leader Nanaji Deshmukh from October 11, 2016 to October 11, 2017. It was announced by the Union Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma during inaugural programmeorganised on the eve of the birth centenary celebrations. Nanaji Deshmukh was born in Kadoli in Maharashtra’s Hingoli district on October 11, 1916 and passed away on February 27, 2010.
- Which bank has successfully executed transactions in International trade finance and remittances using blockchain technology in partnership with Emirates NBD?
Answer – B.ICICI
ICICI Bank has successfully executed transactions in international trade finance and remittances using blockchain technology in partnership with Emirates NBD. ICICI Bank is the first bank in the country and among the first few globally to exchange and authenticate remittance transaction messages as well as original international trade documents related to purchase order, invoice, shipping and insurance, among others, electronically on blockchain in real time.