AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs October 11 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Where was the 29th Accountants General Conference held on 10th and 11th October 2018?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi
On 10th October 2018, President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the 29th Accountants General Conference at the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) building, at Deen Dayal Upadhyay Marg, in New Delhi. The conference is held for two days. It is organised by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India. The theme of this year’s conference is: “Auditing and Accounting in a Digital Era”. Accountants General from all over India are taking part in the conference. This conference provides an opportunity to discuss on efforts needed to enhance accountability, transparency and good governance.
- Name the innovative mobile health App launched by Indian Air Force, on its 86th anniversary, on 8th October 2018?
1) Healthify Me
3) Health Monitor
4) Fitness Check
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) MedWatch
On October 8, 2018, the Indian Air Force, on its 86th anniversary, announced an innovative mobile health App named ‘MedWatch’. It was launched by Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa in New Delhi. It is the first such health app provided in the three Armed Services and is an initiative of the IAF with zero financial outlay. Its objective is to provide health information to airwarriors and all citizens of India. It has been developed by Directorate of Information Technology (DIT) and idea was conceived by IA doctors. It is in sync with Prime Minister’s vision of ‘Digital India, Ayushman Bharat and Mission Indradhanush’. The app is available on www.apps.mgov.gov.in.
- Union Cabinet approved the merger of National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) and _____ into the National Council for Vocational Education and Training (NCVET), on 10th October 2018?
1) National Skill Development Agency (NSDA)
2) National Institute of Skill Training (NIST)
3) National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
4) National Institute of Trades and Technology (NITT)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) National Skill Development Agency (NSDA)
On October 10, 2018, the Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the merger of National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) and the National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) into the National Council for Vocational Education and Training (NCVET). The functions of NCVET will be as follows:
• Recognition and regulation of awarding bodies, assessment bodies and skill related information providers;
• Approval of qualifications developed by awarding bodies and Sector Skill Councils (SSCs);
• Indirect regulation of vocational training institutes through awarding bodies and assessment agencies;
• Research and information dissemination;
• Grievance redressal.
- Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved a MOU signed between India and Romania regarding cooperation in which field on 10th October 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Tourism
On October 10, 2018, the Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved Memorandum of Understanding signed between India and Romania. It is regarding cooperation in the field of tourism. The MoU was signed in September, 2018 during the visit of the Vice-President of India to Romania. Following are under the MOU agreement:
• To exchange information and data related to tourism,
• Investment in the Tourism and Hospitality sectors,
• To exchange visitsof Tour Operators / Media /Opinion Makers for 2-way tourism,
• To exchange experiences in the areas of promotion, marketing, destination development and management.
- Where did Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveil a 64-feet-tall statue of peasant leader Sir Chhotu Ram on 9thOctober 2018?
1) Rohtak, Haryana
2) Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
3) Dehradun, Himachal Pradesh
4) Surat, Gujarat
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rohtak, Haryana
On October 9, 2018, PM Narendra Modi visited Haryana. Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a 64-feet-tall statue of peasant leader Sir Chhotu Ram at his native village Sampla in Rohtak district of Haryana. The 64-feet-tall statue has been sculpted by renowned sculptor and Padma Bhushan-recipient Ram Vanji Sutar. For the construction of the statue, 5500 farmers donated iron metal from their behalf. He further paid floral tribute to the peasant leader and watched a 4 minute documentary on the leader. He also inaugurated a museum built in his memory of the leader at Sir Chhotu Ram Complex. Additionally, he also inaugurated a rail coach factory worth Rs. 500 crore in Haryana’s Sonipat.
- Which country successfully test-fired nuclear-capable Ghauri ballistic missile, on 8th October 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Pakistan
On 8th October 2018, Pakistan successfully test-fired Ghauri ballistic missile which is capable of carrying both conventional and nuclear warheads up to a distance of 1,300 kilometers, bringing many Indian cities under its range. The launch was conducted by Army Strategic Forces Command and was aimed at testing the operational and technical readiness of Army Strategic Forces Command.
- What is the rank of India in Oxfam world inequality index, as per ‘Oxfam International’s report named ‘Commitment to Reducing Inequality (CRI) Index’?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 147
On October 10, 2018, UK-based charity ‘Oxfam International’s report named ‘Commitment to Reducing Inequality (CRI) Index was released. The analysis was done by Oxfam and non-profit research group Development Finance International (DFI). India ranked 147th among 157 countries analysed and was labeled as “a very worrying situation” with respect to the rising inequality in the country. Government spending on health, education and social protection is low which is more subsidized to the private sector. Despite having a good tax structure, the practice of progressive taxation is not transparent and the collection often is avoided in cases of incomes of the richest. Also the labour laws and position of women at work place is quite low which brings the bar down for India.
- Name the auditorium that was built with Indian grant assistance of 30 crore Sri Lankan rupees in Sri Lanka and was dedicated to the people, on 9th October 2018?
1) Mahatma Gandhi Indoor Auditorium
2) Rabindranath Tagore Memorial Auditorium
3) Chhatrapathi Shivaji Honorary Auditorium
4) Mother Teresa Memorial Auditorium
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rabindranath Tagore Memorial Auditorium
On 9th October 2018, Rabindranath Tagore Memorial Auditorium built with Indian grant assistance of 30 crore Sri Lankan rupees in Sri Lanka was dedicated to the people. This auditorium is the largest one in the universities of Sri Lanka. It was dedicated jointly by High Commissioner of India to Sri Lanka, Taranjit Singh Sandhu and Vice Chancellor at the University of Ruhuna, Matara in Southern Province. The auditorium has a seating capacity of 1500 members. It has been designed by Sri Lankan architect Geoffrey Bawa. It complies with the philosophy of “Tropical Modernism”. The auditorium has been named after Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore.
- The government launched the Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme FY19, on 10th October 2018. What interest rate does the scheme offer?
1) 5 %
2) 2.5 %
3) 1.5 %
4) 7.5 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 2.5 %
On October 10, 2018, the government launched the Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme FY19 to cut down gold imports and lower the current account deficit. A total of Rs. 5000 crore has been expected to be collected by the government through this scheme. The bonds will be sold every month from October 2018 to February 2019 through banks, Stock Holding Corporation of India Ltd etc. The tenor of the bond will be for a period of eight years with exit option in the fifth, sixth and seventh year. Payment for the bonds will be allowed through cash payment upto a maximum of Rs. 20,000. It will also be allowed through demand draft, cheque and electronic banking. The earlier offers of 2.5% interest rate and capital gains tax exemption on redemption have retained. This scheme was re-introduced as an alternative to rising import duty on gold so as to avoid smuggling of gold.
- Which company and NLC India (NLCIL) signed an MOU in Kolkata for a 50-50 partnership joint venture company to set up 5000 MW of power generation projects, on 10th October 2018?
1) Coal India Limited (CIL)
2) Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)
3) Tata Industries Limited
4) Power Grid
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Coal India Limited (CIL)
On October 10, 2018, Coal India Limited (CIL) and NLC India (NLCIL), formerly known as Neyveli Lignite Corporation, signed an MOU in Kolkata for a 50-50 partnership joint venture company to set up 5000 MW of power generation projects. These projects would consist of:
• 3000 MW of Solar powered project and
• 2000 MW of coal fuelled project.
For the solar powered project, estimated cost is at Rs 12,000 crore and would requires 15,000 acres of barren land. Both these projects would be completed by the joint venture company within 15 months (Solar) and 60 months (Thermal). The projects will be financed through debt equity ratio of 70:30 for CIL and NLC.
- Which institute signed an MOU with Tamil Nadu e-Governance Agency (TNeGA) to enhance data-driven governance at CII Connect2018, on 9th October 2018?
2) VIT Trichy
3) NIT Trichy
4) IIM Mumbai
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) IIT-Madras
On October 9, 2018, IIT-Madras signed an MOU with Tamil Nadu e-Governance Agency (TNeGA) to enhance data-driven governance at CII Connect2018. Under the agreement, the Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBC DSAI) at IIT-Madras would support the State government on various data science and ICT-related challenges. It will help in various aspects as governance, including (but not limited to) education, healthcare, and agriculture. It will work on 5 channels of engagement:
• Research relating data science for government and e-governance,
• Capacity building in the areas of data science and ICT,
• To conduct periodic Hackathons and workshops,
• Work towards creation of registered entities.
• Develop products, decision-support systems
- Which company has been named the biggest producer of plastic trash as per a report by environmental group Greenpeace, on 9th October 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Coca-Cola
On 9th October 2018, a report by environmental group Greenpeace stated that, drink companies Coca-Cola, PepsiCo and Nestle are the world’s biggest producers of plastic trash. Greenpeace worked with the Break Free From Plastic movement and performed 239 plastic clean-ups in 42 countries and made an audit of 187,000 pieces of plastic trash. Coca-Cola, was the top waste producer. Coke-branded plastic trash was found in 40 of the 42 countries. The most common type of plastic found was polystyrene. It was followed by PET that is used in bottles and containers. Coke has stated that all its packaging will be recyclable. Nestle announced that its packaging will be recyclable or reusable. PepsiCo stated that its packaging will be recyclable, compostable or biodegradable.
- Who was selected as India’s first ‘Miss Trans Queen’, in Mumbai, on 7th October 2018?
1) Parvati Raman
2) Veena Sendre
3) Namita Ammu
4) Amrita Seghal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Veena Sendre
On 7th October 2018, Veena Sendre from Chhattisgarh was selected as India’s first ‘Miss Trans Queen’, in Mumbai. Veena Sendre defeated Namita Ammu of Tamil Nadu and won the title at the national-level beauty contest. Veena Sendre is a former Miss Chhattisgarh. She hails from Mandir Hasaud village in Raipur. She had dropped out of school when she was in 5th standard. She has participated in various ramp walks at Lucknow and Bengaluru fashion weeks.
- Which company has become the 29th Indian company and the world’s largest telecom tower company outside China, to win the Deming Prize 2018?
1) Venus Towers
2) Indus Towers
3) Tele Towers
4) India Towers
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Indus Towers
On October 8, 2018, Indus Towers, world’s largest telecom tower company outside China, won the Deming Prize 2018. It is the first Indian company in the service sector and fifth globally to achieve this feat. It received this award for distinctive performance improvements through the application of Total Quality Management (TQM) practices. Indus became the 29th Indian company to win this coveted award. Other companies who had received this award are: Tata Steel, Ashok Leyland, Mahindra and Mahindra, and NBC Bearings etc.
- Who was appointed the Secretary General of PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry on 8th October 2018?
1) Ranveer Kapoor
2) Mahesh Y Reddy
3) Priya Krishnan
4) Reema Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mahesh Y Reddy
On October 8, 2018, PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry announced appointment of Mahesh Y Reddy as Secretary General. Prior to this, he served Infrastructure Industry and Logistics Federation of India (ILFI) for 8 years as its Director General in which he was responsible for overall operations of ILFI. He has also served Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) for 16 years and served as its Assistant Secretary General. He has also been associated with Bureau of Industrial Costs and Prices (BICP). He holds 28 years of experience in the field.
- Who was appointed as the chief statistician of India (CSI) on 10th October 2018?
1) Rishi Kapoor
2) Anwar Sheikh
3) Pravin Srivastava
4) Rati Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Pravin Srivastava
On October 10, 2018, the government appointed 58-year-old Pravin Srivastava, as the chief statistician of India (CSI). His tenure will be till August 31, 2020. He will be succeeding previous incumbent Mr. TCA Anant. Prior to this, he worked as additional director general in the national accounts division of the MoSPI. He is 1983-batch Indian Statistical Service officer and has worked in the ministries of statistics and health for 35 years. He has also served secretary to the Indian Statistical Commission, popularly known as the Rangarajan Commission.
- Name the person who was sworn in as United States Supreme Court justice, on 6th October 2018?
1) Jeremmy Reed
2) Morgan Fairchild
3) Brett Kavanaugh
4) Jody Kimbell
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Brett Kavanaugh
On 6th October 2018, Brett Kavanaugh was sworn in as United States Supreme Court justice. Brett Kavanaugh is 53 years old. He won the election by a vote of 50-48. Current Chief Justice of United States is John Roberts.
- Name the person who resigned as United States ambassador to United Nations, on 9th October 2018?
1) Nikki Haley
2) Whitney Richard
3) Sean Russell
4) Peter Prentice
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Nikki Haley
On 9th October 2018, Indian American Nikki Haley resigned as United States ambassador to United Nations. Nikki Haley is 46 years old. She has stated that she needs a break from government service. She became US ambassador to UN in January 2017. In 2010, she became South Carolina’s first female and first minority governor and youngest governor in the US. In 2014, she was re-elected as governor of South Carolina.
- Who was appointed as private secretary (PS) to Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu, on 8th October 2018?
1) N Chaitanya Prasad
2) Sandeep Vaishnav
3) D Prasanth Kumar Reddy
4) Vishnu Srinivasan
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) D Prasanth Kumar Reddy
Bureaucrat D Prasanth Kumar Reddy has been appointed as private secretary (PS) to Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu on 8thOctober 2018. He is a 2009-batch IAS officer of Odisha cadre. He has been appointed to the post for a tenure of five years or on co-terminus basis with the vice president’s tenure. He is at present posted in his state cadre.
- Which country successfully launched two remote sensing satellites belonging to the Yaogan-32 family by a Long March-2C rocket, on 9th October 2018?
4) South Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) China
9th October 2018, China successfully launched two remote sensing satellites belonging to the Yaogan-32 family by a Long March-2C rocket with an upper stage on its top, from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in China. The remote sensing satellites have been launched to conduct electromagnetic environmental probes. The satellites have entered the planned orbits. They will be involved in electromagnetic environment surveys and related technology tests. This was the first flight of the upper stage named Yuanzheng-1S, or Expedition-1S. This launch was the 286th mission of the Long March rocket series.
- The 6th assessment report issued by UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), has stated that Earth will reach the threshold of _____ degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels by 2030?
1) 2.5 degree Celsius
2) 1.5 degree Celsius
3) 3 degree Celsius
4) 5 degree Celsius
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 1.5 degree Celsius
On October 8, 2018, in the 6th assessment report issued by UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), it stated that the planet will reach the threshold of 1.5 degrees Celsius (2.7 degrees Fahrenheit) above pre-industrial levels by as early as 2030. More than 90 authors from 40 countries were involved in leading the report, helped by 133 contributing authors. The planet is already two-thirds of the way there with the global temperature that has reached a 1 degree rise. If the threshold above stated is reached, it would increase heat waves, isk of extreme drought, wildfires, floods and food shortages for hundreds of millions of people. To avoid further significant disruption in the pattern, the governments need to formulate effective measures in a drastic scale to reduce CO2 emission level by 45% from 2010 levels by 2030 and reach “net zero” around 2050 in order to keep the warming around 1.5 degrees C.
- Which country has been chosen as the host of the 2022 Youth Olympic Games by International Olympic Committee (IOC), making it the first African host of any Olympics?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Senegal
International Olympic Committee (IOC) has made Senegal the host of the 2022 Youth Olympic Games, making it the first African host of any Olympics. Senegal will host the youth games in 3 places: Dakar, Diamniadio and Saly. Senegal President Macky Sall announced that a 50,000-seat Olympic Stadium will be built. The budget for the games is estimated to be $150 million. The construction project for the games include a rail link and an athletes village.
- Who won the men’s singles title in the China Open 2018 (Tennis) that was held in Beijing from 9 September to 7 October 2018?
1) Novac Djokovic
2) Roger Federer
3) Rafael Nadal
4) Nikoloz Basilashvili
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Nikoloz Basilashvili
From 29 September to 7 October 2018, China Open 2018 (Tennis) was held in Beijing, China. China Open 2018 was played on outdoor hard courts. It was the 19th edition of the China Open for men and 22nd edition for women.
Men’s Singles Nikoloz Basilashvili (Georgia)
Women’s Singles Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark)
Men’s Doubles Łukasz Kubot (Poland), Marcelo Melo (Brazil)
Women’s Doubles Andrea Sestini Hlaváčková (Czech Republic), Barbora Strýcová (Czech Republic)
- M N Paloor died due to age related ailments at his home at Kovoor, Kerala, on 9th October 2018. He was a _____?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Poet
On 9th October 2018, Malayalam poet M N Paloor died due to age related ailments at his home at Kovoor, Kerala. M N Paloor was 86 years old. He had received Sahitya Akademi Award in 2013, Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award in 1983, and the Asan Prize for poetry in 2009. He had worked with Indian Airlines and retired as ground support division senior operator in 1990. Some of his important works are: ‘Kalikalam’, ‘Pedithondan’, ‘Theerthayathra’and ‘Bhangiyum Abhangiyum’ and ‘Kathayillathavante Katha’.
- What was the theme of International Day of the Girl Child 2018 that was celebrated on 11th October 2018?
1) Save the Girl Child
2) With Her: A Skilled Girl Force
3) Gender Diversity at Work Place
4) Support Her: Let her shine
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) With Her: A Skilled Girl Force
On 11th October 2018, International Day of the Girl Child was celebrated throughout the world. In 2011, United Nations General Assembly declared October 11 as International Day of the Girl Child. Since 2012, October 11 is observed as the International Day of the Girl Child. This day aims to highlight the needs and challenges girls face, and to promote girls’ empowerment and fulfillment of their human rights. The theme for International Day of the Girl Child 2018 is “With Her: A Skilled Girl Force”.
- When was World Post Day observed all over the world?
1) October 8
2) October 9
3) October 10
4) October 11
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) October 9
From 9th to 15th October 2018, Department of Posts is celebrating National Postal Week, marking the World Post Day (October 9). Maharashtra Postal Circle is organising celebrations during the National Postal Week 2018 in its 6 regions: Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Pune, Nagpur, Aurangabad and Goa. The celebrations will be as follows:
• 9.10.2018 – World Post Day: Post Forum meetings, visit of school children to Post Offices.
• 10.10.2018 – Banking Day: Savings Bank Melas and Camps will be conducted to open POSB/IPPB accounts and to enable APY, SSY, PMSBY, PMJJY enrolments.
• 11.10.2018 – Postal Life Insurance (PLI) Day: Campaigns to get new Postal Life Insurance and Rural Postal Life Insurance Business
• 12.10.2018 – Philately Day: “My Stamp” facility will be offered in several schools and Business Houses
• 13.10.2018 – Business Development Day: Interactions with customers to increase Postal Business.
• 15.10.2018 – Mails Day: visits of school children to post offices, mail sorting offices and interactions with postmen.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Sultanpur National Park located?Haryana
- Name the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India?Rajiv Mehrishi
- Name the MD & CEO and headquarters of SBI General Insurance?MD & CEO – Shri. Pushan Mahapatra, Headquarters – Mumbai
- Who is the President of International Olympic Committee (IOC)?Thomas Bach
- What is the capital and currency of Lebanon?Capital – Beirut; Currency – Lebanese pound