Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which date is observed as World Mental Health Day announced by the World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH)?
Answer – B.October 10
The World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH) announced the theme for World Mental Health Day 2016: Dignity in Mental Health – Psychological & Mental Health First Aid for All. Many people who suffer from psychological and mental distress, personal crises and mental disorders could benefit from receiving psychological and mental health first aid from professionals and the general public.
- The 14th World Day Against the Death Penalty is observed on which day on the theme of terrorism?
Answer – A.October 10
The 14th World Day Against the Death Penalty is observed on 10 October 2016 on the theme of terrorism. Now 104 countries have abolished the death penalty for all crimes. The aim is to raising awareness around the application of the death penalty for terrorism-related offences, to reduce its use.
- Which legendary Oscar-winning Polish film director whose movies defied communist-era censors died at the age of 90?
Answer – C.Andrzej Wajda
A legend in the world of cinema, Polish film director Andrzej Wajda had died aged 90, leaving behind an opus of acclaimed films inspired by his country’s turbulent history. Polish media broke the news, which was also confirmed to AFP by a family friend who did not wish to be named.
- Which sportsperson from India won the women’s singles title after beating Evgeniya Kosetskaya at the Russain Open badminton held in Vladivostok, Russia?
D.Ruthvika Shivani Gadde
Answer – D.Ruthvika Shivani Gadde
Ruthvika Shivani Gadde from India won the women’s singles title after beating Evgeniya Kosetskaya 21-10, 21-13 in a 26-minute at the Russain Open badminton held in Vladivostok, Russia. In the same event Indian pair N Sikki Reddy and Pranaav Chopra defeated the Russian duo of Vladimir Ivanov and Valeria Sorokina 21-17 21-19 to clinched the Mixed doubles title.
- Which lab has been inaugurated by M. Rajeevan, Secretary to the Ministry of Earth Sciences at Himansh in the Spiti Valley on October 10, 2016?
A.Astronomical Research Lab
B.Meteorological Research Lab
C.Glaciological Research Lab
D.Geological Research Lab
Answer – C.Glaciological Research Lab
The glaciological research lab inaugurated by M. Rajeevan, Secretary to the Ministry of Earth Sciences at Himansh in the Spiti Valley on October 10, 2016. It was located at an altitude of nearly 13,500 feet. It was established by the National Centre for Antarctic and Ocean Research (NCAOR), has automatic weather stations, ground penetrating radars, geodetic GPS systems and other sophisticated facilities to study glaciers and their discharge.
- Which telescope has detected Great Balls of Fire (GBF), a mysterious super-hot blobs of gas seen near a dying star?
A.Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
B.James Webb Space Telescope
C.Spitzer Space Telescope
D.Hubble Space Telescope
Answer – D.Hubble Space Telescope
NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope (HST) has detected Great Balls of Fire (GBF), a mysterious super-hot blobs of gas seen near a dying star. These plasma balls were moving so fast through space that it would take only 30 minutes for them to travel from Earth to the moon. The observations suggest that these balls of fire had been appearing every 8.5 years for at least the last four centuries.
- Which Airport has bagged the 2014-15 India Building Congress (IBC) Award for Excellence in Built Environment?
A.Indira Gandhi International Airport
B.NSC Bose International Airport
C.Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
D.Chandigarh International Airport
Answer – D.Chandigarh International Airport
The new integrated terminal building of Chandigarh International Airports Limited (CHIAL) has bagged the 2014-15 India Building Congress (IBC) Award for Excellence in Built Environment. AAI General Manager for engineering projects D Kamra received the award from Union Urban Development, and Information and Broadcasting Minister M Venkaiah Naidu at the 21st annual convention inaugural function.
- Which Bollywood celebrity received the ‘Outstanding Celebrity Woman of the Year’ award while featuring among Outlook Business’ 19 outstanding women?
A.Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Answer – A.Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan recently received the ‘Outstanding Celebrity Woman of the Year’ award while featuring among Outlook Business’ 19 outstanding women. The former Miss World looked gorgeous on the cover of the issue, 19 women achievers shared their successful, entrepreneurial journey in a candid conversation with Outlook Business.
- Which state government along with Ministry of Railways signed an MoU for cost sharing of Nabarangpur and Malkangiri new railway line projects?
Answer – B.Odisha
Ministry of Railways signed MoU with Government of Odisha for cost sharing of two new railway line projects. The Mou was signed in the presence of Union Minister for Railways Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu and Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik. Accoding to the MoU, Odisha will bear entire land cost and 50% cost of construction of Jeyore- Nabarangpur (38) km, and 25% of total cost of Jeypore-Malkangiri(130 km) Rail Line Projects.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited has commissioned another 660 MW coal-based supercritical thermal power unit in which state?
Answer – D.Uttar Pradesh
New Delhi based BHEL is commissioned another 660 MW coal-based supercritical thermal power unit in Uttar Pradesh. It has added 4,300 MW of power generation capacity in the state of Uttar Pradesh in December 2015. The project is owned by Prayagraj Power Generation Company Ltd (PPGCL), a subsidiary company of Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd.
- Which Airlines has introduced ‘child-free zones’ on all of its flights especially for business travelers can do their work without interruption?
Answer – A.Indigo
India based airlines IndiGo has introduced child-free zones on all of its flights. According to this rows 1 to 4 and 11 to 14 are designated quiet zones so that business travelers can do their work without interruption. The airline avoids seating children below the age of 12 in these rows, which are near emergency exits.
- Which board has proposed a ban on unauthorised trading tips through social media platforms like SMS, WhatsApp and Facebook?
A.Central Board of Direct Taxes
B.Securities and Exchange Board of India
C.National centre For trade information
D.Central Board of Excise and Customs
Answer – B. Securities and Exchange Board of India
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has proposed a ban on unauthorised trading tips through social media platforms like SMS, WhatsApp and Facebook. SEBI also proposed to curb unsolicited investment advice through electronic and broadcasting media platforms and a detailed advertisement code for those providing such advice.
- What is the name of scheme is decided to launch by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to make Madhya Pradesh anaemia-free?
Answer – D.Lalima Abhiyan
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan decided to launch a scheme-‘Lalima Abhiyan’ to make Madhya Pradesh anaemia-free. It will be effective from November 1, 2016. Free iron folic acid tablets will be provided in aaganwadis’, academic institutions and hospitals. Ferrous escorbate tablets instead of ferrous sulphate tablets will be distributed by the state’s Health Minister, Jagat Prasad Nadda.
- The 4th BRICS Science, Technology and Innovation Ministerial Meeting was held at which city of India?
Answer – D.Jaipur, Rajasthan
The 4th BRICS Science, Technology and Innovation Ministerial Meeting was held at Jaipur, Rajasthan on 8 October, 2016 to strengthen the collaboration amongst the BRICS countries in the areas of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI). The Theme is Building, Responsive Inclusive and Collective Solutions.
- What is the deadline for Union Power Ministry to achieve 100% electrification for all in India?
A.1st April 2017
B.1st May 2018
C.1st April 2018
D.1st May 2017
Answer – D.1st May 2017
India would have 100 % electrification for all by May 1, 2017 was the announcement made by the Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal. He has the confident that 100 per cent electrification in rural, Left-Wing Extremism (LWE) districts and dense forests would be achieved by May 1, 2017, a year ahead of the schedule Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- India’s Energy Efficiency Services Limited has partnered with which agency to take the LED programme to reduce the cost drastically?
A.International Energy Agency
B.International Atomic Power Agency
C.International Power Agency
D.International Light Agency
Answer – A.International Energy Agency
The LED programme by EESL has been so successful that IEA is partnering with it to take the programme global was reported by Paul Simons, Deputy Executive Director at the IEA.
- India joined with which country to commence the Second Coordinated Patrol and Maritime Exercise in the Andaman Sea?
Answer – B.Indonesia
India and Indonesia commenced their second coordinated patrol and bilateral maritime exercise in the Andaman Sea. Indian Naval Ship Karmuk, an indigenously built missile warship, based under the Andaman and Nicobar Command, along with a Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft, participated in the 28th India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol and Second Bilateral Maritime Exercise, scheduled in the Andaman Sea.
- Union Government has extended Anti-Dumping duty on which country products for five years?
Answer – C.China
Revenue department has extended anti-dumping duty on import of certain Chinese products, used in garment, footwear and toys manufacturing, for another five years.The anti-dumping duty on ‘narrow woven fabrics hook and loop velcro tapes’ would be charged at the rate of USD 1.87 per kilogram.