AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs October 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2019
- Current Affairs September 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which ministry has conducted the first National Nutrition Survey with the assistance of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)?
1) Ministry of AYUSH
2) Ministry of Human Resource Development
3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
4) Ministry of Women and Child Development
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare with the assistance of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) conducted the first National Nutrition Survey. It was conducted between February 2016 and October 2018 to measure malnutrition, including micronutrient deficiencies through biochemical measures such as blood and urine samples, anthropometric data as well as details of non-communicable diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol and kidney function in children and adolescents.
- Which state/UT has the most obese adolescents as per the first National Nutrition Survey by Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare ?
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Goa
Goa had the most obese adolescents. A quarter of 5-9 and 10-19 year-olds were thin for their age. 4% adolescents have high cholesterol. 7% of children and adolescents have risk of chronic kidney disease. One in five children in the age group 5 to 9 years were stunted.
- Name the University, that had signed an MoU with National eGovernance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) for implementing ‘Online Capacity Building Programme on Cyber Law, Crime Investigation and Digital Forensics through NeGD Learning Management System (LMS)’?
1) Law College, Dehradun
2) Lloyd Law College
3) Siddharth College of Law
4) National Law Institute University (NLIU)
5) None of theseAnswer-4) National Law Institute University (NLIU)
On September 30, 2019 the National eGovernance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) & The National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal together have signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) in New Delhi for implementation of ‘Online Capacity Building Programme on Cyber Law, Crime Investigation and Digital Forensics through NeGD Learning Management System (LMS)’.
- What is the new minimum monthly stipend given to trade apprentices according to the Apprenticeship (Amendment) Rules, 2019 during the State Ministers’ Conference on Skill Development ?
1) Rs 4000-8000
2) Rs 5000-9000
3) Rs 3000-7000
4) Rs 5000-10000
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Rs 5000-9000
On October 1, 2019 during the State Ministers’ Conference on Skill Development in New Delhi, the Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) Mahendra Nath Pandey announced the Govt’s notification that minimum stipend payable to trade apprentices according to the Apprenticeship (Amendment) Rules, 2019 will be ranging from Rs 5000-9000 per month based on qualification.
- NSC was in news recently, what does ‘S’ stands for ____________ ?
1) S – Senior
2) S – Savings
3) S – Sukanya
4) S – Samriddhi
5) None of theseAnswer-2) S – Savings
S stands for Saving in NSC. The full form of NSC is National Savings Certificate.
- What is the interest rate of five year Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS) as per the circulation of Union Ministry of Finance from 1st October, 2019?
1) 8.6 %
2) 8.5 %
3) 7.9 %
4) 8.2 %
5) None of theseAnswer-1) 8.6 %
Instrument Interest rate (%) from 01.10.2019 Compounding Frequency Savings Account 4 Annually One- Year Post Office Time Deposit 6.9 Quarterly Two-Year Post Office Time Deposit 6.9 Quarterly Three Year Post Office Time Deposit 6.9 Quarterly Five Year Post Office Time Deposit 7.7 Quarterly Five Year Post Office Recurring Deposits 7.2 Quarterly Five Year Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS) 8.6 Quarterly and paid Five Year Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (MIS) 7.6 Monthly and paid Five Year National Savings Certificate (NSC) 7.9 Annually Public Provident Fund (PPF) 7.9 Annually Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) 7.6 Annually Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme 8.4 Annually
- Which department of India has finalized the operation hours of the public sector banks from 10 A.M to 4 P.M across all states and union territories (UTs) with the exception of Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram and Nagaland ?
1) Department of Banking Services
2) Department of Disinvestment
3) Department of Financial Services
4) Department of Economic Affairs
5) None of theseAnswer- 3) Department of Financial Services
With all Public Sector Banks (PSBs) having banking hours at their convenience, the integrated working hours have been introduced by the Indian Department of Financial Services. The banks will commence service at 10 am on the basis of the new timing starting , 1 October 2019. Lunch breaks are allowed in the afternoon, between 2.00 and 2.30. However, Mizoram, Nagaland and Madhya Pradesh have the most common timing change. It is reported that banks in Mizoram and Nagaland operate between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm and in Madhya Pradesh, bank timings are 10:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- CAD was in news recently, what does ‘D’ stands for _________ ?
1) D – Default
2) D – Dividend
3) D – Debt
4) D – Deficit
5) None of theseAnswer-4) D – Deficit
D stands for Deficit.The full form of CAD is Current Account Deficit.
- How much percentage of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of India is contributed by Current Account Deficit (CAD) as per the data released by Reserve Bank of India(RBI) ?
5) None of theseAnswer-2) 2%
As per the data released by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), India’s current account deficit (CAD) narrowed to $ 14.3 billion or 2% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) during the first quarter(April – June) of 2019-20 due to lower crude oil prices, higher income from invisible businesses such as services. The CAD had fallen from $ 15.8 billion (2.3 % of GDP) in the first quarter of 2018-19. However, the gap was bigger than the preceding quarter (March quarter) which was $ 4.6 billion (0.7 % of GDP) as well.
- Which bank has launched digital fixed-deposit (FD) product named ‘Express FD’ by investing a minimum Rs 5,000 up to Rs 90,000, for a tenure of 6 to 12 months ?
1) Axis Bank
2) State Bank of India(SBI)
3) ICICI Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Axis Bank
On September 30, 2019, Axis Bank,the third-largest of the private-sector banks in India has launched digital fixed-deposit (FD) product named ‘Express FD’,which can be opened in three minutes through the digital route without opening a savings account by investing a minimum Rs 5,000 up to Rs 90,000, for a tenure of 6 to 12 months .
- UPI was in news recently, what does ‘I’ stands for _________ ?
1) I – Interest
2) I – Inflation
3) I – Interface
4) I – Inflation
5) None of theseAnswer-3) I – Interface
I stands for Interface.The full form of UPI is Unified Payments Interface.
- Which type of transaction recorded a new high of 955.02 million during September 2019 as per the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) ?
1) Aadhaar Enabled Payment System(AePS)
2) Immediate Payment Service(IMPS)
3) Bharat Bill Payment System(BBPS)
4) Unified Payments Interface(UPI)
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Unified Payments Interface(UPI)
As per the recently released data by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), Unified Payments Interface (UPI) based transactions recorded a new high of 955.02 million during September 2019 worth Rs 1.61 trillion as against 918.35 million in August 2019 with Rs 1.54 trillion worth.
- Which insurance firm has joined hands with Paytm to offer comprehensive life insurance products ?
1) New India Assurance
2) Star Health Insurance
3) Tata AIG General Insurance
4) United India Insurance Company
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Star Health Insurance
On September 30, 2019, Indian life insurance provider, Star Health Insurance has joined hands with Paytm, an Indian e-commerce payment system to offer comprehensive life insurance products.As per this partnership, Paytm will distribute Star Health Insurance products to its customers. The product portfolio comprises Health Insurance, Overseas Mediclaim Policy and Personal Accident propositions.
- Expand APA, which was in news recently ?
1) APA – Advance Pricing Agreement
2) APA – Asset Pricing Agreement
3) APA – Associate Pricing Agreement
4) APA – Agriculture Pricing Agreement
5) None of theseAnswer-1) APA – Advance Pricing Agreement
The full form of APA is Advance Pricing Agreement.APA was in news recently because the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) signed the 300th Advance Pricing Agreement (APA) in September 2019 by signing 3 APAs pertaining to United Kingdom (UK)- 2 Unilateral and 1 Bilateral APA. It is considered as a significant landmark of India’s APA Programme which is in the seventh year now.
- What is the trade growth of the globe forecasted by World Trade Organisation (WTO) for the year 2019 ?
1) 2.7 %
2) 2.2 %
3) 1.2 %
4) 1.7 %
5) None of theseAnswer-3) 1.2 %
The World Trade Organisation (WTO) in its report reduced the global trade growth forecast to 1.2% for 2019 from 2.6% growth forecast made in April 2019 due to trade tensions and sluggish global economy. It is the weakest level in a decade. The global trade growth forecast for 2020 was reduced to 2.7% from 3%.
- Who won the Royal Society Science Book Prize 2019 award for the book titled ‘Invisible Women: Exposing Data Bias in a World Designed for Men’ ?
1) Reni Eddo-Lodge
2) Laura Bates
3) Helen Lewis
4) Caroline Criado Perez
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Caroline Criado Perez
A British feminist, activist and journalist, Caroline Criado Perez has won the Royal Society Science Book Prize 2019 (sponsored by Insight Investment) for her 2nd book ‘Invisible Women: Exposing Data Bias in a World Designed for Men’ at an awards ceremony at the Royal Society, London, United Kingdom (UK). She also received a cheque amounting £25,000.
- Name the Indian Magazine whose Vice Chairperson, Kallie Puri was honoured with 2019 “India’s Most Powerful Women in Media” award at famed Confluence Excellence Awards at the British Parliament in London, United Kingdom ?
1) Vogue India
2) India Today
4) The Week
5) None of theseAnswer-2) India Today
On September 27, 2019 Indian magazine India today’s Vice Chairperson(VC) Kallie Puri was honoured with 2019 “India’s Most Powerful Women in Media” award at famed Confluence Excellence Awards at the British Parliament in London, United Kingdom.
- Which entity has surpassed State Bank of India(SBI) for the first time, in terms of market capitalization ?
1) Bajaj Finance Ltd
2) ICICI Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Bajaj Finance Ltd
On October 1, 2019 Bajaj Finance Ltd based at Pune, Maharashtra, has surpassed India’s largest bank, the State Bank of India (SBI) for the first time, in terms of market capitalization. The market capital of Bajaj Finance stood at Rs 2.32 lakh crore while it was Rs 2.28 lakh crore for SBI.
- Who was appointed as the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief (AOC-C) of South Western Air Command on October 1, 2019 ?
1) Sanjiv Chachra
2) RP Singh
3) Surendra Kumar Ghotia
4) Surinder Singh
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Surendra Kumar Ghotia
On October 1, 2019, Air Marshal Surendra Kumar Ghotia took over as the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief (AOC-C) of South Western Air Command. He handed over the Command of Headquarters Training Command of Indian Air Force(IAF) in Bengaluru where he took over the command recently in May 2019. He succeeded Air Marshal Harjit Singh Arora, who recently appointed as the new vice chief of the Indian Air Force (IAF).
- Which entities Vice President, Mr Nitin Misra resigned from the post recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Paytm
Senior Vice President of Paytm Mr Nitin Misra has submitted his resignation for the post. Mr Amit Nayyar, president of the company will take over his responsibility. Having experience over 52 months in the firm, he was the consumer lending vertical head. Recently, another Paytm Senior Vice President Deepak Abbot had also resigned from Paytm.
- Who was appointed as the new principal Director General(DG) of the Press Information Bureau (PIB) ?
1) Rajesh Malhotra
2) Kuldeep Singh Dhatwalia
3) Sitanshu Kar
4) K. Syama Prasad
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Kuldeep Singh Dhatwalia
On September 30, 2019 Indian Information Service (IIS) officer Kuldeep Singh Dhatwalia was appointed as the Principal Spokesperson of the government of India succeeding Sitanshu Kar. He has been appointed as the new principal Director General (DG) of the Press Information Bureau (PIB), the publicity wing of the central government.
- Which country launched the most powerful intercontinental-range ballistic missile, “DF-41 (Dongfeng-41) “ on the planet with a strike range of up to 9,320 miles (15,000 kilometres) ?
4) United States
5) None of theseAnswer-1) China
On the 70th National Day of China which was observed on October 1, 2019, it launched DF-41 (Dongfeng-41) the most powerful intercontinental-range ballistic missile on the planet during the National Day parade at Chang’an Avenue in Beijing. It made its first appearance along with a clutch of new military hardware.
- Name the online filing system launched by Directorate General of Trade Remedies (DGTR), under the aegis of the Ministry of Commerce & Industry ?
1) ARTIS – Applications for Reserve in Trade for Indian Industry and other Stakeholders
2) ARTIS – Applications for Returns in Trade for Indian Industry and other Stakeholders
3) ARTIS – Applications for Regression in Trade for Indian Industry and other Stakeholders
4) ARTIS – Applications for Remedies in Trade for Indian Industry and other Stakeholders
5) None of theseAnswer-4) ARTIS – Applications for Remedies in Trade for Indian Industry and other Stakeholders
The Directorate General of Trade Remedies (DGTR), under the aegis of the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, launched an online system Applications for Remedies in Trade for Indian Industry and other Stakeholders (ARTIS) for filing anti-dumping applications by the domestic industry for speedy resolution of dumping issues.
- Who won the women’s singles title in the 6th edition of 2019 WTA(Women’s Tennis Association) Wuhan Open ?
1) Veronika Kudermetova
2) Duan Yingying
3) Aryna Sabalenka
4) Alison Riske
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Aryna Sabalenka
On September 28, 2019, Belarusian tennis player Aryna Sabalenka won women’s singles title in the 6th edition of 2019 WTA Wuhan Open (WTA-Women’s Tennis Association) by defeating America’s Alison Riske, at the Optics Valley International Tennis Center in Wuhan, China. The prize money of the tournamnet was $2,828,000. By this win, Aryna became the first player to claim back-to-back titles in Wuhan and also joins Czech player Petra Kvitova as the only two-time Wuhan Open champion.
- 25) Jessye Norman, who won 4 Grammy Awards passed away recently, she was a _________ ?
5) None of theseAnswer- 2) Singer
On September 30, 2019, American opera singer Jessye Norman, who had won 4 Grammy Awards in her singing career, passed away at the age of 74 in New York, United States(US) due to multiple organ failure.She won many awards including the prestigious Kennedy Center Honor in 1997, Grammy Award for Best Opera Recording for “Bartók: Bluebeard’s Castle” in 1998, Grammy Award for Best Opera Recording for “Wagner: Lohengrin” in 1998, Grammy Award for Best Opera Recording for “Wagner: Die Walkuere”in 1989, Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006, National Medal of Arts in 2009 and France’s Legion d’Honneur.
- Who is the author of the book, titled “India and the Netherlands – Past, Present and Future” ?
1) Venu Rajamony
2) Renu Pall
3) Manjeev Singh Puri
4) Sanjay Rana
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Venu Rajamony
On September 30, 2019 India’s Ambassador to the Netherlands,Venu Rajamony, authored a book titled “India and the Netherlands – Past, Present and Future”. The book portrays the history of bilateral relations between India and the Netherlands and was released at the prestigious Rijks museum (National Museum) in Amsterdam, Netherlands during a seminar on the Indo-Dutch bilateral relations. The first copy of the book was received by Dutch King Willem-Alexander in presence of all high officials. The book has been published by Bombay Ink.
- On which date, World Vegetarian Day is observed ?
1) September 28
2) September 29
3) September 30
4) October 1
5) None of theseAnswer-4) October 1
On October 1, 2019, World Vegetarian Day was celebrated all over the world to promote the joy, compassion and life-enhancing possibilities of vegetarianism. In 1977, the day was originated by the North American Vegetarian Society (NAVS) and endorsed by the International Vegetarian Union in 1978.
- What was theme of the International Day of Older Persons 2019 ?
1) Theme – “Take a Stand Against Ageism”
2) Theme – “Stepping into the Future: Tapping the Talents, Contributions and Participation of Older Persons in Society”
3) Theme – “The Journey to Age Equality”
4) Theme – “Celebrating Older Human Rights Champions”
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Theme – “The Journey to Age Equality”
International Day of Older Persons by the United Nations(UN) is observed annually on the 1st of October under the resolution (A/RES/45/106), adopted on 14 December 1990, at the UN General Assembly. The theme for the year 2019 is “The Journey to Age Equality“. The day is seen as an opportunity to highlight the important contributions that older people make to society and also to raise awareness of the opportunities and challenges of ageing in today’s world.
- International Coffee Day is observed annually on _________ ?
1) October 1
2) September 29
3) September 30
4) September 28
5) None of theseAnswer-1) October 1
Celebrated annually, International Coffee Day was observed on October 1, 2019, to recognize and celebrate the efforts of all those people who are linked with coffee business. The first official date was 1 October 2015, as agreed by the International Coffee Organization (ICO) and it was launched in Milan, Italy.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Jewar airport is located in which state ? Answer-Uttar Pradesh
This Airport located in Uttar Pradesh.It was in news recently because it was announced that this airport will have six runaways, which would make it the largest airport in India once completed.Currently, Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport is the only one in the country to have three runaways.
- Where is the headquarter of Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT) located ? Answer-Hyderabad, Telangana
Reserve Bank of India has announced two contests to promote innovations and ideas in the payment and settlement systems.The contest will be organised through Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT), Hyderabad.
- Ulawun volcano is located in which country? Answer-Papua New Guinea
The Volcano is located in Papua New Guinea.The volatile Ulawun volcano erupted sending a column of red lava shooting up into the sky and forcing the evacuation of recently returned residents. Mount Ulawun, situated on the remote Bismarck Archipelago chain, displaced between 7,000 and 13,000 people from their homes when it last erupted in June.
- Sultan Of Johor Cup is associated with which sport ? Answer-Hockey
Sultan Of Johor Cup is associated with Hockey. India announced an 18-member Junior Men’s squad for the upcoming 9th Sultan of Johor Cup. The tournament will commence from October 12 in Malaysia. Team India will face Malaysia, New Zealand, Japan, Australia and Great Britain in the round-robin league stage.
- What is the tagline of Axis Bank ? Answer-Badhti Ka naam Zindagi