Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which date is observed as the International Day of Older Persons every year?
D.October 1Answer – D.October 1
The theme for 2016 is “Take A Stand Against Ageism”. The President of India Shri Pranab Mukharjee presented the National Awards for Senior Citizens “Vayoshreshtha Samman-2016” to eminent senior citizens and institutions.
- Which festival would be held at the village in Dausa district, Rajsthan to promote rural tourism in the area for two days?
D.AlameriAnswer – B.Abhaneri
The festival would witness artistes performing Shehnai Vaadan, puppet show, Behrupia, Raavanhatha, among others at Chand Baori and Harshat Mata temple. The Department of Tourism, Government of Rajasthan in collaboration with the Dausa District Administration organized the annual event.
- Which scheme is introduced by the Civil Aviation Ministry, along with Airports Authority of India (AAI) and Puducherry government?
A.Regional Cooperation Scheme
B.Rural Connectivity Scheme
C.Regional Connectivity Scheme
D.Rural Cooperation SchemeAnswer – C.Regional Connectivity Scheme
The MoU was signed by Shri Manoj Parida, Chief Secretary, Puducherry, Smt. Usha Padhee, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation and Shri A.K. Dutta, Member, Airports Authority of India.
- What is the name of portal which is launched by the Haryana Government for procurement of paddy in the successive season?
D.e-kharidAnswer – D.e-kharid
Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Ram Vilas Paswan and Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar would launch the e-procurement portal in Karnal.
- Which country postponed the SAARC Summit to be held here next month after India along with four other member states of the regional grouping decided against attending the meeting?
D.AfghanistanAnswer – B.Pakistan
It alleged that decision by India to “derail the summit” effectively “contradicts” Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s own call to fight against poverty in the region.
- What is the name of special financing scheme which is launched by the SBI under which customers could avail credit facility at lower rates?
D.Assure LoansAnswer – A.Hope Loans
Hope Loans comes with the added benefit of reduced interest rates that SBI has just announced due to the reduction in the marginal cost of lending rate (MCLR).
- Which state government has inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Andhra Pradesh-based Ruchi Soya Industries for development of Oil Palm in the state?
D.MaharashtraAnswer – C.Arunachal Pradesh
The MoU signed to cover an area of 5,000 hectare initially in the foothill areas of West Siang, Lower Subansiri, Papumpare and East Kameng districts. This is an initiative step towards gainful utilization of the vast land resource of the state for economic development through farming operation.
- Who has been concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Guinea, with residence in Abidjan?
D.RajendiraAnswer – C.Ravindra
Ravindra has been concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Guinea, with residence in Abidjan. He is presently working as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Cote d’Ivoire.
- Who has been elected as new President of The Indian Newspaper Society for the year 2016-17 at the 77th AGM held in Bengaluru?
D.Umesh SharmaAnswer – C.Somesh Sharma
Somesh Sharma of Rashtradoot Saptahik has been elected as new President of The Indian Newspaper Society for the year 2016-17 at the 77th AGM held in Bengaluru. He succeeds PV Chandran.
- Which online fashion portal has appointed Dipanjan Basu as the Chief Financial Officer with effective from October 17?
D.YepmeAnswer – C.Myntra
Online fashion portal Myntra has appointed Dipanjan Basu as the Chief Financial Officer with effective from October 17.He has 15 years of experience in the finance department.
- How many year extension has secured Arundhati Bhattacharya as the chairperson of the State Bank of India (SBI)?
D.ThreeAnswer – C.One
Arundhati Bhattacharya has secured one year extension as the chairperson of the State Bank of India (SBI) .Her tenure was to end on October 6. She has taken over as SBI chairman on October 7, 2013, and become the first woman to head the country’s largest bank.
- What is the name of the seventh edition Global Sports Summit, organized by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)?
D.Turf 2015-16Answer – D.Turf 2015-16
The Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports Affairs had moved a proposal for inclusion of Sports in the harmonized master list of infrastructure sub-sectors due to the deficit of sports infrastructure.Turf 2015-16 held in New Delhi
- Which Indian javelin throw sports person became the first woman to cross the 60m mark at the 56th Open National Athletics Championships?
D.Annu RaniAnswer – D.Annu Rani
Annu Rani became the first Indian woman javelin thrower to cross the 60m mark Annu Rani – Javelin Throweron the third day of the 56th Open National Athletics Championships by smashing her own national record.
- Whichof the following became first BCCI member to adopt Lodha panel recommendations?
A.Railways Sports Promotion Board
B.Vidarbha Cricket Association
C.Baroda Cricket Association
D.Services Sports Control BoardAnswer – B.Vidarbha Cricket Association
The Vidarbha Cricket Association (VCA) became the first full member of the BCCI to adopt the MoA and Rules and Regulations as recommended by the Supreme Court appointed Justice Lodha Committee.
- Which country lifted the 4th men’s Under-18 Asia Cup hockey trophy by defeating Bangladesh 5-4 in the Under-18 Asia Cup hockey trophy in Dhaka?
D.IndiaAnswer – D.India
India lifted the 4th men’s Under-18 Asia Cup hockey trophy by defeating Bangladesh 5-4 in the Under-18 Asia Cup hockey trophy in Dhaka. Earlier, India had stormed into the final by defeating arch rivals Pakistan 3-1 in the semi-final match.