AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 2 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Ministry of Home Affairs approved a Safe City project for Lucknow at a total cost of _____ rupees, under the Nirbhaya Fund Scheme, on 1st November 2018?
1) Rs 194.44 crore
2) Rs 235.88 crore
3) Rs 678.90 crore
4) Rs 125.55 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 194.44 crore
On November 1, 2018, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has approved a Safe City project for Lucknow at a total cost of Rs.194.44 crore. The project would be implemented as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme with Centre and State sharing the funding in 60:40 ratio, under the Nirbhaya Fund Scheme. This is a part of MHA’s plans to implement Safe City projects in 8 selected cities, under Nirbhaya Fund. These cities are: Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Lucknow. The projects are to be implemented in consultation with Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Urban Development, Ministry of Electronic and Information Technology, respective Municipal & Police Commissioners of the cities and civil society organizations. For Lucknow, The Safe city proposal will be implemented by Uttar Pradesh Police.
- Where was the 109th session of United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) Executive Council held from 30th October to 1st November 2018?
1) Manila, Philippines
2) Manama, Bahrain
3) Jakarta, Indonesia
4) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Manama, Bahrain
the 109th session of United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) Executive Council in Manama, Bahrain from 30th October to 1st November 2018. The UNWTO Executive Council discussed various topics related to the development of global Tourism sector. K. J. Alphons chaired the ‘Programme and Budget Committee’ meeting of UNWTO. He announced that for the first time, UNWTO had a surplus budget and most of the arrears due have been paid. India will be the chair of Programme and Budget Committee of UNWTO Executive Council till 2021. He also met the Secretary-General of UNWTO, Mr. Zurab Pololikashvili. They discussed about involving UNWTO in developing tourism and establishing Global Public Private Partnerships. The next UNWTO Executive Council will be held in Bahrain.
- Where was the first ever India-US Dialogue on Intellectual Property held on 31st October 2018?
3) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) New Delhi
On October 31, 2018, the first ever India-US Dialogue on Intellectual Property was held in New Delhi. The dialogue was launched by US Chamber of Commerce’s Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC) and FICCI in partnership with the US-India Business Council. It was decided to be convened annually, alternating between New Delhi and Washington, DC. The main topics of discussion were: patent filing, regulatory landscape, copyright and infringement, technology transfer, and enforcement. It would help identify solutions, and also share technical knowledge and expertise.
- Where was the seminar on ‘Emerging Trends in Aviation Engineering and Logistics’ (AVIAMAT-2018) held on 31st October and 1st November 2018?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi
On November 1, 2018, a two day seminar on ‘Emerging Trends in Aviation Engineering and Logistics’ (AVIAMAT-2018) concluded at Air Force Auditorium, Subroto Park, in New Delhi. It was organized by the Indian Air Force and Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa delivered the key note address. The focus of the seminar was usable emerging and futuristic innovative aviation technologies. It saw participation of aviation experts from three services, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Hindustan Aeronautical Limited (HAL) and start ups from the private sector.
- Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh approved release of _____ rupees from 2nd installment of Central Share of State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) for Andhra Pradesh, in advance for 2018-19?
1) Rs 550.55 Crore
2) Rs 229.05 Crore
3) Rs 678.75 Crore
4) Rs 900 Crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs 229.05 Crore
On October 31, 2018, the Union Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh approved release of 2nd installment of Central Share of State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) in advance for the year 2018-19, for Andhra Pradesh, to help providing relief measures to the affected people. The amount approved was Rs. 229.05 crore. The first installment for the same amount was released to Andhra Pradesh in June 2018. This is a part of the release for the effect of cyclone TITLI that landed in Andhra Pradesh on October 11, 2018. As par report by IMCT(Inter-Ministerial Central Team), further assistance will be provided from the National Disaster Response Fund (NDRF).
- Odisha has launched an early warning dissemination system (EWDS), developed as part of Central and state government project with the assistance of which bank?
1) State Bank of India (SBI)
2) World Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) World Bank
On October 31, 2018, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched an early warning dissemination system (EWDS). It has been developed as a part of the Central and state government project with the assistance of World Bank. It aims to provide early and timely information on natural calamities to the people of the state. It is a part of the National Cyclone Risk Mitigation Project and covers 6 coastal districts namely– Balasore, Bhadrak, Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapara, Puri and Ganjam. It has a State emergency centre in Bhubaneswar. Under this, a total of 122 towers were installed in the coastal districts along the 480-km long coastline , approximately at a distance of 1.5 km. It has a satellite based mobile data voice terminals, digital mobile radio, universal communication interface and mass messaging system to provide timely warning via alert messages on mobile phones.
- Where was the 2nd edition of the Navy Commanders’ Conference of 2018 held from 31st October to 2nd November 2018?
1) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) New Delhi
The 2nd edition of the Navy Commanders’ Conference of 2018 was held from 31st October to 2nd November 2018, in New Delhi. The themes for this conference were: ‘Optimisation’ and ‘Emerging Technologies’. The Hon’ble Defence Minister would address the Navy Commanders in the conference. This is a part of Pm Narendra Modi’s vision of ‘Security and Growth for All in the Region’ (SAGAR) and providing an environment of stability and peace in the IOR. Discussions regarding challenges and threats to maritime security and new ideas and concepts took place. Utilising emerging technologies such as Big-Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to improve the overall efficiency was also discussed.
- Union Cabinet approved renaming of Jharsuguda Airport of which state as “Veer Surendra Sai Airport, Jharsuguda”, on 1st November 2018?
2) Tamil Nadu
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Odisha
On November 1, 2018, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved renaming of Jharsuguda Airport of Odisha as “Veer Surendra Sai Airport, Jharsuguda”. Veer Surendra Sai is a well-known freedom fighter of Odisha. This was done as per demand of the Odisha Government for giving tribute to the freedom fighter representing the state.
- Union Cabinet approved signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and South Korea for cooperation in which field, on 1st November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Tourism
On November 1, 2018, the Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and South Korea. The MOU seeks cooperation in the field of Tourism. The MOU involves:
• Bilateral cooperation,
• Exchanges in personnel and information,
• Cooperation between tourism stakeholders including Hotels and Tour Operators,
• Investment in the Tourism and Hospitality sectors,
• Exchange Visit for promotion of two-way tourism,
• Participation in travel fairs/exhibitions in each other’s country,
• Promoting safe, honorable and sustainable tourism.
- Fitch ratings affirmed IDBI Bank’s long-term issuer default rating (IDR) at ____ and its viability rating (VR) at ‘ccc’, on 1st November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) BB+
On November 1, 2018, Fitch ratings affirmed IDBI Bank’s long-term issuer default rating (IDR) at ‘BB+’ and its viability rating (VR) at ‘ccc’. The IDR ratings reflects expectation of a moderate probability of extraordinary state support given the bank’s market position, systemic importance and linkages to the state. The agency also expects the bank’s core capital buffers to improve by FY19. It also removed the lender’s VR from ‘rating watch evolving’. This reflects better visibility of IDBI Bank from its stake sale to LIC. In August 2018, IDBI received Rs 2,100 crore as part of the stake sale and intents to receive another Rs 20,000 crore of fresh equity by March 2019.
- What is the rank of India in Ease of Doing Business ranking as per the World Bank Group’s Doing Business 2019 report?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 77
On October 31, 2018, according to the World Bank Group’s Doing Business 2019 report, India has shot up by 23 spots to reach the 77th position among 190 nations in World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business ranking. India is now recognized as among top ten improves for the 2nd consecutive year and has ranked first among South Asian countries compared to 6th rank in 2014. In 2017, India progressed 30 positions to reach the top 100. From 2014 to 2018, India moved from the 142nd place in the index to the 77th spot. According to the report, India has improved on six of the 10 parameters on starting and doing business in a country. This include: ease of starting a business, construction permits, getting electricity, getting credit, paying taxes, trade across borders, enforcing contracts and resolving insolvency.
- Policybazaar.com partnered with which data integration platform provider, to implement blockchain solutions for secure purchase of insurance, on 31stOctober 2018?
1) Accrivis Network Pvt. Ltd
2) IBM Private Ltd
3) Informatica Pvt. Ltd
4) Oracle Pvt. Ltd
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Accrivis Network Pvt. Ltd
On October 31, 2018, Policybazaar.com partnered with Accrivis Network Pvt. Ltd., a data integration platform provider, to implement blockchain solutions for secure purchase of insurance. It would simplify the process of selling and buying insurance in a secured manner and will also help address consumer queries and complaints in a time-bound manner. The technology will make the data indisputable and time-stamped for reliability, which will result in highly secure, more efficient and transparent exchange of information using a single network. The tie-up will enable Policybazaar.com to explore multiple use-cases of blockchain technology.
- Which company won 1st prize in ‘Swachhta’ awards presented by Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal, on the last day of Swachhta Pakhwada, on 31st October 2018?
1) Patanjali Food and Herbal Park (P) Ltd
2) Satara Mega Food Park (P) Ltd
3) Pagro Frozen Foods Pvt. (P) Ltd
4) Unilever F&B (P) Ltd
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Patanjali Food and Herbal Park (P) Ltd
On 31st October 2018, Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal distributed ‘Swachhta’ awards on the last day of Swachhta Pakhwada. Harsimrat Kaur presented awards for cleanliness to Mega Food Parks and Cold Chain Units for maintaining, promoting and encouraging Swachhta Culture. The ‘Swachhta’ award winners are as follows:
• First prize – M/s. Patanjali Food and Herbal Park (P) Ltd. in Haridwar
• Second prize – Satara Mega Food Park (P) Ltd., Satara District, Maharashtra
• Third prize – Pagro Frozen Foods Pvt.(P) Ltd. (Cold Chain Project) in Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab
- Who took charge as Air Officer-in Charge Administration (AOA) of Indian Air Force, on 1st November 2018?
1) Air Marshal Pradeep Padmakar Bapat
2) Air Marshal HN Bhagwat
3) Air Marshal Sukdhev Singh
4) Air Marshal Raghav Ranjan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Air Marshal Pradeep Padmakar Bapat
On 1st November 2018, Air Marshal Pradeep Padmakar Bapat VSM took charge as Air Officer-in Charge Administration (AOA) of Indian Air Force. Air Marshal Pradeep Padmakar Bapat VSM succeeds Air Marshal HN Bhagwat AVSM VM who retired on 31 October 2018. Air Marshal PP Bapat was commissioned in the Indian Air Force in the Administrative Branch on 28 May 1983. He was commissioned as a Fighter Controller. Earlier, he carried out the responsibilities of Director General (Works & Ceremonials). He was awarded ‘Vishisht Seva Medal’ by President of India in 2014. He represented Madhya Pradesh twice in National Cycle Polo tournament.
- Who took charge as the 21st General Officer Commander-in-Chief of Shimla-based Army Training Command (ARTRAC) facility, on 1st November 2018?
1) Lieutenant General PC Thimmaya
2) Lieutenant General Ankush Agrawal
3) Lieutenant General S Saravanan
4) Lieutenant General Adharsh Mehta
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Lieutenant General PC Thimmaya
On 1st November 2018, Lieutenant General PC Thimmaya took charge as the 21st General Officer Commander-in-Chief of Shimla-based Army Training Command (ARTRAC) facility. He was earlier posted as the Commandant of Army War College in MHOW, Madhya Pradesh. He passed out from the Indian Military Academy (IMA) with the Sword of Honour in 1981. He has officiated as Military Observer in United Nations Angola Verification Mission. He has received the Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM).
- Name the person who was appointed as Director General of Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), with additional charge of the post of Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), on 31st October 2018?
1) S. S. Deswal
2) R K Pachnanda
3) P K Nand Kumar
4) Sharath Pandey
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) S. S. Deswal
On October 31, 2018, the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment of Shri S. S. Deswal, as Director General, Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP). He took charge from Shri R K Pachnanda, the outgoing DG of ITBP. Shri Deswal will also hold the additional charge of the post of DG, Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
- Who was appointed as 12th Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to Chairman, COSC, on 31st October 2018?
1) Lt Gen P S Rajeshwar
2) Lt Gen R K Singh
3) Lt Gen Amarnath Goel
4) Lt Gen Praneeth Reddy
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Lt Gen P S Rajeshwar
On October 31, 2018, Ministry of Defence announced the appointment of Lt Gen P S Rajeshwar as the 12th Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to Chairman, COSC. Prior to this, he was Director General (Perspective Planning) at the Integrated HQ, Ministry of Defence. On assuming command, he paid homage to the martyrs at Amar Jawan Jyoti, India Gate and accorded the Tri-Services Guard of Honour at the South Block lawns. He has 38 years of experience and has commanded an Artillery Regiment during Operation Parakram, an Infantry Brigade at the Line of Control, a Counter Insurgency Force in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Who was named as the brand ambassador of the 10th edition of AIBA Women’s World Championship, which will be held from November 15-24, 2018, in New Delhi?
1) MC Mary Kom
2) Sushil Kumar
3) Vijendra Singh
4) Bajrang Punia
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) MC Mary Kom
On 30th October 2018, Olympic bronze medalist boxer MC Mary Kom was named as the brand ambassador of the 10th edition of AIBA Women’s World Championship, which will be held from November 15-24, 2018, in New Delhi. Boxing Federation of India (BFI) also launched the logo and anthem of the 10th AIBA Women’s World Championship. The logo depicted “fire and women’s empowerment”. Theme of the anthem was: “Make some noise, scream and shout! We are here to knock you out!!!” Near 300 pugilists from 70 countries across 10 weight categories will take part in the tournament.
- Name the person who has been appointed by Mahendra Singh Foundation (MSF) as its India brand ambassador for #takethepowerback project?
1) Aishwarya Sharma
2) Priyanka Chopra
3) PV Sindhu
4) Sonam Kapoor
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Aishwarya Sharma
Mahendra Singh Foundation (MSF), a New York based organization, has appointed Aishwarya Sharma as its India brand ambassador for #takethepowerback project. Aishwarya Sharma has a blog named Figuramoda where she speaks on various topics through her fashion blog posts. She is a fashion activist. The project #takethepowerback aims to provide girls who were affected by violence, Acid Attack and Rape, with a platform to re-define themselves. Through this project, MSF will help these women achieve their life’s mission, which they desired to pursue before becoming a victim.
- Which country will host the 23rd edition of the World Corporate Games between 6th and 9th November 2019?
1) Saudi Arabia
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Qatar
Qatar will host the 23rd edition of the World Corporate Games between 6 and 9 November 2019. This event will be an opportunity for corporations throughout the world to exhibit their competitiveness through sports. This is the first time the World Corporate Games will be held in the Middle East. It will be organized by Sports for Life. This event takes place every one to two years. The last edition was held in Houston, US in 2017. Nearly 8,000 international and local participants will take part. It will be the first time, the World Corporate Games will have eSports and mindsports. It features both individual and team competitions for women and men of all ages and abilities. It is an all-inclusive event with paragames for various categories.
- Where did National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) and United Nations (UN) Habitat organize a policy dialogue named ‘Urban Cafe: River for Habitat’, on World Cities Day 2018, on 31st October 2018?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On 31st October 2018, National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) partnered with United Nations (UN) Habitat and organized a policy dialogue named ‘Urban Cafe: River for Habitat’ in New Delhi, on World Cities Day 2018. Experts discussed on the following topics:
• association of rivers with cities and economy
• various facets of our daily lives
• challenges to maintain healthy river ecosystems and ways to deal with them
• river and river basins should be seen as national capital or asset
• developing an Urban River Plan from where the river enters the city and where it exits
• importance of ghats – the ghats connect river to the people and enhance safety of the river and people
• public participation in restoring our river ecosystems
- When did Madhya Pradesh celebrate its 63rd Foundation Day?
1) October 30
2) October 31
3) November 1
4) November 2
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) November 1
On 1st November 2018, Madhya Pradesh celebrated its 63rd Foundation Day. Madhya Pradesh was founded on November 1, 1956. Now it is the second largest state of India in terms of size with an area of 3 Lakh 8 thousand sq. km. The foundation day was celebrated in all the districts of Madhya Pradesh. The theme for this year’s celebrations was: the heritage of MP. Special events were held at Ravindra Bhavan. Folk dances like Dhimariya, Badhai, Naurata, Akhada, Matki and Gudumbajan were performed.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the President of South West Asian Football Federation (SWAFF)?Adel Ezzat
- Who is the President of Boxing Federation of India (BFI)?Ajay Singh
- Who is the Secretary General of United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)?Mr. Zurab Pololikashvili
- Where is Dudhwa National Park located?Uttar Pradesh
- Who is the President of US-India Business Council?Nisha Biswal