AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 9 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Name the head of the 3-member inter-ministerial committee constituted by Odisha government to address issues raised by farmers, on 6th November 2018?
1) Nitish Kumar
2) Shashi Bhusan Behera
3) Surjya Narayan Patro
4) Pradeep Moharathy
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Shashi Bhusan Behera
On November 6, 2018, the Odisha government constituted a 3-member inter-ministerial committee to address issues raised by farmers. The committee will be headed by: Finance Minister Shashi Bhusan Behera. Other members of the committee are: Agriculture & Panchayatiraj Minister Pradeep Moharathy and Cooperative Minister Surjya Narayan Patro. Issues to be discussed are: welfare of the farmers and development of agriculture in the state.
- Meghalaya government announced _____ rupees investment in the second phase of Aqua Mission, on 8th November 2018?
1) Rs 378 crore
2) Rs 675 crore
3) Rs 785 crore
4) Rs 239 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 378 crore
On November 8, 2018, Meghalaya government announced Rs 378 crore investment in the second phase of Aqua Mission. It is the state’s flagship aquaculture mission aimed at cutting down fish imports into the hill state. The 2nd edition was announced by Fisheries Minister Comingone Ymbon at the 5th state aqua festival held here at the U Soso Tham auditorium.
- Unemployment rate in India has increased to _____% in October 2018, the highest in 2 years, as per a study by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy?
1) 7.2 %
2) 6.9 %
3) 6.5 %
4) 7.5 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 6.9 %
Unemployment rate in India has increased to 6.9% in October 2018, the highest in 2 years, as per a study by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy. Labour participation rate, a measure of the proportion of adults willing to work, has declined to 42.4%, the lowest since January 2016. Estimated number of persons employed during October 2018 was 397 million. This is 2.4% lower compared to the 407 million persons employed in October 2017. Count of the unemployed persons actively looking for jobs almost doubled to 29.5 million in October 2018 from 14 million in July 2017 (and 21.6 million in October 2017).
- Which state government has signed an agreement with the Entertainment Society of Goa (ESG) to organize an international tribal film festival in the state, in January 2019?
4) Arunachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh government has signed a pact with the Entertainment Society of Goa (ESG) to organize an international tribal film festival in the state. The three-day festival is scheduled for January 2019. It will showcase films on tribal communities from around the world.
- Which country will have the largest number of people in the world of college-going age by 2030, as per UK India Business Council’s report named ‘Beyond the Top 200-Effective International Collaboration for Indian Higher Education’?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) India
On November 5, 2018, UK India Business Council released its report named: ‘Beyond the Top 200-Effective International Collaboration for Indian Higher Education’. India’s rise to superpower status has been accelerated by the government’s efforts at new higher education policy. This would enable young Indians to receive the world’s best higher education in India. By 2030 India will have the largest number of people in the world of college-going age – a staggering 140 million. Currently there are 736 universities in India educating 28.6 million students. India will need at least another 1,500 institutions by 2030 to accommodate this huge influx of students.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) reduced minimum tenor for borrowing through External Commercial Borrowing (ECB) for infrastructure firms from 5 years to _____ years?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 3
On November 8, 2018, Reserve Bank of India liberalised the rules governing external commercial borrowing for infrastructure firms in terms of both tenure and the hedging requirements. The modified norms states:
• Reduction in minimum tenor for borrowing through the ECB route, from 5 years to 3 years.
• The average maturity requirement for mandatory hedging has been reduced to 5 years from earlier 10 years.
- Moody’s Investor Service in its report titled ‘Global Macro Outlook 2019-20′ stated that Indian economy will slow down to what percent in 2019?
1) 7.3 %
2) 7. 5 %
3) 7.7 %
4) 7.9 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 7.3 %
On November 8, 2018, Moody’s Investor Service in its report titled ‘Global Macro Outlook 2019-20′ stated that Indian economy will slow down to 7.3% in 2019. Indian economy will expand 7.4 per cent in 2018, but the growth will slow down to 7.3 per cent in the next fiscal. The economy grew 7.9 per cent in the first half (January-June) of 2018, reflecting post demonetisation base effect. The downfall has been cited cause of the effect of domestic demand on higher borrowing cost due to rising interest rates.
- United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and which organisation signed a MoU to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 2 for a world with zero hunger, on 8th November 2018?
1) Alibaba Group
2) Infosys Foundation
3) HSBC Group
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Alibaba Group
On November 8, 2018, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and Alibaba Group (Alibaba) entered into a strategic partnership to support efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 2 – a world with zero hunger. The MOU was signed at Alibaba’s headquarters in Hangzhou, China, by: WFP’s Executive Director, David Beasley, and Alibaba Partner and Chairman of the Alibaba Foundation, Sun Lijun. Under the framework, Alibaba will provide its leading technology and resources to support the digital transformation of WFP’s operations. Alibaba Cloud the cloud computing arm of Alibaba, will collaborate with WFP to develop a digital “World Hunger Map” to monitor the status of global hunger.
- United States exempted India from imposition of certain sanctions for the development of the strategically-located Chabahar Port in which country, on 7th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Iran
On November 7, 2018, the United States exempted India from imposition of certain sanctions for the development of the strategically-located Chabahar Port in Iran. It also granted a waiver for the construction of a railway line from the Iranian port city to the Afghan border and Afghanistan’s continued imports of Iranian petroleum products. All these sanctions were made under the Iran Freedom and Counter-Proliferation Act of 2012 (IFCA).
- A new world record was set as 3,01,152 diyas were lit on the banks of River Sarayu, during Deepostav 2018, in _____, on 6th November 2018?
1) Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh
2) Rajkot, Gujarat
3) Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
4) Hyderabad, Telangana
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh
On 6th November 2018, a new world record was set as 3,01,152 diyas were lit on the banks of River Sarayu, during Deepostav 2018, in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh. Deepostav 2018 was organised by Uttar Pradesh government on the occasion of Diwali. It has entered the Guinness Book of Records for lighting 3,01,152 earthen lamps. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and South Korean first lady Kim-Jung Sook were present while achieving this feat. They also performed ‘aarti’ with the earthen lamps. Yogi Adityanath also announced that a new airport will be named after Lord Rama, and a medical college will be named after Raja Dashratha in Uttar Pradesh.
- Name the world’s first woman amputee to climb Mount Everest, who was awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Strathclyde of United Kingdom in Glasgow, Scotland, on 6th November 2018?
1) Arunima Sinha
2) Santosh Yadav
3) Anita Kundu
4) Arun Vajpai
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Arunima Sinha
On 6th November 2018, Arunima Sinha was awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Strathclyde of United Kingdom in Glasgow, Scotland. She has been awarded for her inspirational achievements in mountaineering. She is 30 years old. In 2013, she became the world’s first woman amputee to climb Mount Everest. She is a former Indian national Volleyball player. Her left leg was amputated below the knee after being thrown from a train while resisting a robbery.
- Who has been chosen for Maharashtra government’s Natvarya Prabhakar Panshikar Lifetime Achievement award in the field of theatre?
1) Vinayak Thorat
2) Jayant Sawarkar
3) Manish Tiwari
4) Ajay Sisodia
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jayant Sawarkar
Marathi actor Jayant Sawarkar will be awarded the Maharashtra government’s Natvarya Prabhakar Panshikar Lifetime Achievement award in the field of theatre. Also, Tabla artist Vinayak Thorat will be awarded the Sangeetacharya Annasaheb Kirloskar Lifetime Achievement. Both the awards consist of cash prizes of Rs 5 lakh, citation and memento each. Dates for the presentation of the awards have not yet been announced.
- Who was awarded ‘Global Education Award’ by Malabar Gold & Diamonds in Dubai, on 8th November 2018?
1) Rakesh Agarwal
2) Anand Kumar
3) Sudeep Singh
4) Nancy Pereira
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Anand Kumar
On November 8, 2018, Mathematician and Super 30 founder Anand Kumar was awarded ‘Global Education Award’. This was awarded by Malabar Gold & Diamonds’, flagship company of Malabar Group, a leading Indian business conglomerate. He was honoured for his “pioneering” contributions to the field of education. His selection was done from a list of 100 names working in the field of education by a 12-member jury.
- Who was named chairperson of electric car pioneer Tesla, replacing Elon Musk, on 8th November 2018?
1) Robyn Denholm
2) Sean Anderson
3) John Daniel
4) Preston Young
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Robyn Denholm
On November 8, 2018, electric car pioneer Tesla named Robyn Denholm, chair of the company replacing Elon Musk. Denholm, prior to this appointment was the chief financial officer with Telstra. She has been an independent director of Tesla since 2014 and heads its audit committee. Musk had to resign as Tesla chairman under a September arrangement with US regulators to settle fraud charges.
- Name the person who was sworn in as the chairperson of Meghalaya’s first Lokayukta, on 8th November 2018?
1) Pranoy Kumar Musahary
2) Jagdish Mishra
3) Aniketh Ro
4) Rukshaan Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Pranoy Kumar Musahary
On November 8, 2018, Justice (Retd) of Gauhati High Court, Pranoy Kumar Musahary, was sworn in as the chairperson of Meghalaya’s first Lokayukta. Upon appointment, he urged the Conrad Sangma government to speed up the appointment of 4 other members of the Lokayukta.
- Name the person who resigned as United States Attorney General on 7th November 2018?
1) Mike Pompeo
2) Jeff Sessions
3) Matthew Whitaker
4) John Rolland
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jeff Sessions
On 7th November 2018, United States Attorney General Jeff Sessions resigned from his position, at US President Donald Trump’s request. Matthew Whitaker has been appointed the acting Attorney General of United States.
- Which country unveiled UAV – CH7, its new-generation stealth combat unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), on 6thNovember 2018?
3) South Korea
4) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) China
On 6th November 2018, China unveiled UAV – CH7, its new-generation stealth combat unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), claimed to be the most advanced drone developed so far by China. It was unveiled at the Air Show China 2018 in Zhuhai, China. With UAV – CH7, China has become the second country, following the US, to produce high-altitude long-endurance combat UAVs with advanced penetration capabilities. UAV – CH7 has internal weapon bays. It can launch weapons, like anti-radiation missiles, air-to-ground or anti-ship missiles and long-distance precision-guided bombs. It can be customised.
- Which country unveiled a replica of its first permanently crewed space station, which will replace the International Space Station?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) China
China has unveiled a replica of its first permanently crewed space station, which will replace the International Space Station. The replica was displayed at the Air Show China 2018 held in Zhuhai, China. The core module was 17 metres in length. It weighed 60 tonnes. 3 astronauts will be permanently stationed in the orbiting lab. The crew will conduct biological and microgravity research. Assembly would be completed around 2022. The station will have a lifespan of nearly 10 years. It would be open to all countries to conduct science experiments.
- Which union ministry launched an online marketing portal named “Mahila-E-Haat” for promoting women farmers and entrepreneurs, at the 5th Women of India National Organic Festival 2018 in New Delhi, on 8thNovember 2018?
1) Ministry of Women and Child Development
2) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
3) Ministry of Human Resource Development
4) Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ministry of Women and Child Development
On November 8, 2018, the Women and Child Development Ministry launched an online marketing portal named: “Mahila-E-Haat” for promoting women farmers and entrepreneurs. It was launched during the 5th “Women of India National Organic Festival, 2018” held from October 26 to November 4, 2018 in New Delhi.
- The four-yearly review of the Montreal Protocol by United Nations stated that, the ozone layer is recovering at a rate of 1 to ____ % per decade?
1) 2.5 %
2) 3 %
3) 4 %
4) 5 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 3 %
On 5th November 2018, the four-yearly review of the Montreal Protocol by United Nations stated that, the ozone layer is recovering at a rate of 1 to 3 % per decade. The four-yearly review of the Montreal Protocol, a 1987 ban on man-made gases that damage the fragile high-altitude ozone layer, was conducted. As per the report, long-term decrease is seen in the atmospheric abundance of controlled ozone-depleting substances and recovery of stratospheric ozone is ongoing. Most of the banned gases have been eliminated. But there is an unexpected increase in production and emissions of CFC-11 from eastern Asia from 2012.
- Who became the first batsman to score four Twenty20 International (T20I) centuries, on 6th November 2018?
1) Rohit Sharma
2) Virat Kohli
3) Shikhar Dawan
4) MS Dhoni
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rohit Sharma
On 6th November 2018, Rohit Sharma became the first batsman to score four Twenty20 International (T20I) centuries. He achieved this feat in 58 balls during the second T20I match against the West Indies at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee International Cricket Stadium in Lucknow. He has surpassed the record of New Zealand’s Colin Munro who had scored three centuries. He has also surpassed Virat Kohli to become the highest run-scorer of India in T20Is. Overall, Rohit Sharma is the second-highest run-scorer now with 2203 runs in T20Is behind New Zeland’s Martin Guptill with 2,271 runs.
- K P Srivastava passed away following a short term illness, on 6th November 2018. What was his profession?
4) Film maker
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Journalist
On 6th November 2018, K P Srivastava, a former PTI (Press Trust of India) journalist, passed away following a short term illness. He was 93 years old. He joined PTI as a reporter in Lucknow in 1950s. He became editor of PTI in 1980s. He also served as a Special Correspondent of PTI. After his retirement, he was the press advisor to former Prime Minister Chandrashekhar.
- Vinod Agrawal passed away following a short term illness, in New Delhi, on 6th November 2018. He was a ____?
4) Hockey Player
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Singer
On 6th November 2018, Bhajan singer Vinod Agrawal passed away following a short term illness, in New Delhi. He was 63 years old. He was born in 1955 in New Delhi. He was a popular singer of devotional songs. He was known for his idiosyncratic and versatile style.
- When was International Day of Radiology 2018 themed “Cardiac imaging” observed?
1) November 5
2) November 6
3) November 7
4) November 8
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) November 8
On 8th November 2018, International Day of Radiology was observed throughout the world. In 2012, November 8 was marked as International Day of Radiology, as joint initiative of European Society of Radiology (ESR), Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) and American College of Radiology (ACR). This day marks the date of discovery of the existence of X-rays by Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen in 1895. Main theme of International Day of Radiology 2018 is: Cardiac imaging. Also, November 8 is observed as World Radiography Day by the International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists.
- When was National Cancer Day observed?
1) November 9
2) November 8
3) November 7
4) November 6
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) November 7
November 7 is celebrated as National Cancer Day annually. It was revived by Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan in 2014. Indian society of oncology had partnered with four states including Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa and Himachal Pradesh to launch the ‘Pendharkar model’. Under this, government staff at district hospitals will be trained in handling cancer care and providing chemotherapy. So far, 125 districts have the ongoing training programme.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Balpakhram National Park located?Meghalaya
- Name India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations?Syed Akbaruddin
- Name the Governor of Meghalaya?Tathagata Roy
- Who is the executive director of United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)?David Beasley
- Name the President of Indian society of oncology?Dr. Dinesh Pendharkar