AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 8 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has reconstituted a multi-agency group to monitor investigations related to the Paradise Papers. This multi-agency group will be headed by _______?
1. Sushil Chandra
2. Arbind Mody
3. S Bhattasali
4. Gopal Mukerjee
5. Rajendra KumarAnswer – 1. Sushil Chandra
Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has reconstituted a multi-agency group to monitor investigations related to the Paradise Papers. This multi-agency group will be headed by Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) chairman Sushil Chandra and includes representatives of the Enforcement Directorate. CBDT has stated that India’s tax authorities were already investigating some of the offshore accounts revealed in the Paradise Papers.
- Which State Government has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Vyakti Vikas Kendra, a training institute of the Art of Living Foundation for helping jail inmates to maintain and improve their health and reduce physical and mental stress?
4. Madhya Pradesh
5. OdishaAnswer – 3. Haryana
Haryana State Government has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Vyakti Vikas Kendra, a training institute of the Art of Living Foundation for helping jail inmates to maintain and improve their health and reduce physical and mental stress. This MoU was signed in the presence of Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar and founder of the Art of Living Foundation Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. No fees will be charges for this programme.
- According to the law, Medical Termination of Pregnancy is only permissible till how many weeks of gestation?
1. 25 weeks
2. 20 weeks
3. 10 weeks
4. 15 weeks
5. 5 weeksAnswer – 2. 20 weeks
Bombay High Court allowed a 28-year-old woman to abort her 25-week foetus with neuro abnormalities. The JJ hospital panel examined the pregnant woman and foetus and found that there were multiple neuro and skeletal abnormalities.The woman had approached Bombay High Court on the grounds that the restriction in law (Medical Termination of Pregnancy is only permissible till 20 weeks of gestation) was causing her mental and physical trauma to know that she would give birth to a baby whose chances of survival were negligible.
- In which state, the Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Prakash Javadekar inaugurated a two-days National Workshop ‘Chintan Shivir’?
3. New Delhi
5. SikkimAnswer – 3. New Delhi
Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Prakash Javadekar inaugurated a two-day National Workshop ‘Chintan Shivir’ in New Delhi. This workshop has been organized by Department of School Education and Literacy, under Union HRD Ministry. The objective of this workshop is to provide holistic education relevant for 21st century India and to bring together NGOs, private sector and individuals to deliberate on key themes in the education sector.
- Who is heading the panel of committee, to review about the laws governing Goods and Services Tax (GST)?
1. B D Vishnoi
2. Ajith Kumar
3. K Srivasta
4. M Vinod Kumar
5. Rajendra PrasadAnswer – 4. M Vinod Kumar
A committee headed by M Vinod Kumar, GST chief commissioner for Karnataka has started a review of the laws governing Goods and Services Tax (GST). The committee has been set up to provide suggestions for smoothening the GST regime, especially for small businesses who have been complaining of a an increase in compliance burden. Another committee comprising industry representatives has also been set up to provide external inputs on this matter.
- Which state government has decided to set up a committee for the implementation of a Rs.4,000-crore project on climate resilience agriculture?
2. Madhya Pradesh
5. BiharAnswer – 3. Maharashtra
The Maharashtra state government has decided to set up a committee for the implementation of a Rs.4,000-crore project on climate resilience agriculture in 5,000 villages of 15 districts in the state. The project would be funded by the World Bank. With 82 per cent of the states cultivable area falling under dry farming coupled with consecutive drought, the state government has now decided to push for this project.
- Which state government launched ‘She Pad’ scheme for school girls ?
5. KeralaAnswer – 5. Kerala
the Kerala government launched a new scheme for school students named ‘She Pad’ in Kerala. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said that, the ‘She Pad’ scheme will benefit the girls of classes 6 to 12 in Kerala and will be implemented in 300 schools in 114 panchayats this year. Free sanitary napkins, storage spaces and environment friendly incinerators at all government-aided schools in Kerala will be provided as part of the project.
- As per Grant Thornton’s International Business Report (IBR), what is the position of India in ‘business optimism’ index for the September 2017 quarter?
5. 9thAnswer – 3. 7th
As per Grant Thornton’s International Business Report (IBR), India has slipped to 7thposition in ‘business optimism’ index for the September 2017 quarter. This marks a drop by five places as compared to 2nd position in the previous three months.
- European Union Election Observation Mission (EUEOM) was launched for the polls in which country?
5. NepalAnswer – 5. Nepal
The European Union Election Observation Mission (EUEOM) was launched to monitor the general and provincial polls in Nepal which are scheduled for 26 November and 7 December, 2017. Around 100 election observers from member countries of the European Union (EU) have been deployed to oversee the polls in Nepal. The EU has allocated 3.5 million euro for the entire election observation process.
- India along with which organisation singed a loan agreement for USD 119 million for the Odisha Higher Education Programme for Excellence and Equity (OHEPEE) Project?
3. World Bank
4. Vision India
5. World VisionAnswer – 3. World Bank
India singed a loan agreement with World Bank for USD 119 million for the Odisha Higher Education Programme for Excellence and Equity (OHEPEE) Project. OHEPEE seeks to provide equitable access to students to selected institutions in Odisha and enhance governance of the higher education system in the state. This project will continue till November 2022.
- In which city of Pakistan, the Bank of China formally launched its operations?
5. MultanAnswer – 1. Karachi
Bank of China formally launched its operations in Pakistan by opening its first branch in Karachi. With the opening of this branch of Bank of China, it is expected that the benefits of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) would soon start reaching the masses. Karachi branch of Bank of China is the first in South Asia.
- Who first launched the first-ever diamond futures contract with the total traded quantity in November expiry for 5,382.08 carats valued at Rs 173.32 crore?
2. Indian Commodity Exchange (ICEX)
4. World Bank
5. NABARDAnswer – 2. Indian Commodity Exchange (ICEX)
Indian Commodity Exchange (ICEX) said that, it has successfully completed first-ever diamond futures contracts settlement with the total traded quantity in November expiry for 5,382.08 carats valued at Rs 173.32 crore. ICEX had commenced operations on 28th August 2017 with the launch of three monthly diamond futures contracts – of November 2017, December 2017 and January 2018 expiry.
- With which country, the Indian government has signed its third protocol for the avoidance of double taxation and prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income?
5. NewZealandAnswer – 5. NewZealand
Indian government has notified the third protocol with New Zealand for the avoidance of double taxation and prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income. This protocol updates the existing protocol by incorporating new provisions about sharing of tax-related information as per the latest international standard. It entered into force in India on September 7, 2017, and has been notified in the official gazette on November 2, 2017.
- Which Novel won the top Goncourt Prize 2017 award, at the restaurant Drouant in Paris?
1. Madame Bovare’
2. L’ordre Du Jour
3. Les’ Miserabl’es
5. The Little PriceAnswer – 2. L’ordre du jour
Eric Vuillard’s novel L’ordre du jour (in English ‘Agenda’), story of how German industry and finance backed Adolf Hitler, won the top Goncourt Prize 2017 award, at the restaurant Drouant in Paris. L’ordre du jour has been among the favourites for the Goncourt prize. The Goncourt Prize is the most prestigious award in the French-speaking world. L’ordre du jour is a 160-page book. It depicts how the financial support of German industrialists was crucial to Hitler’s rise. The author Eric Vuillard is 49 years old.
- Who is appointed as the whole-time member of SEBI?
1. S Raman
2. G Mahalingam
3. Sanjeev Kaushik
4. Shaktikanta Das
5. Arun O SatheAnswer – 3. Sanjeev Kaushik
Sanjeev Kaushik, a Kerala cadre IAS officer, has been appointed as whole-time member of SEBI. Sanjeev Kaushik has been appointed as whole time member of SEBI for a period of three years or till the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved Kaushik’s appointment. Kaushik replaces S Raman, who retired from the post of a whole-time member in September 2017.
- Twitter has extended its character limit from 140 characters to _______, in all languages where cramming was an issue?
1. 200 characters
2. 250 characters
3. 280 characters
4. 220 characters
5. 225 charactersAnswer – 3. 280 characters
The social media giant, Twitter announced that it is extending the 140 character limit to 280 characters in all languages where cramming was an issue. For India and the Indian diaspora, this update will apply to thesix regional languages and those languages are Tamil, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi and Bengali. Last month Twitter had launched a test version, that expanded the 140 character limit to 280 characters which enabled every person around the world to express themselves easily in a tweet.
- Name the recently discovered most ancient spiral galaxy in the universe which existed 11 billion years ago.
5. Z1689B11Answer – 4. A1689B11
Astronomers have discovered the most ancient spiral galaxy in the universe which they believe existed 11 billion years ago, named A1689B11. According to the scientists, the galaxy known as A1689B11, existed just 2.6 billion years after the Big Bang, when the universe was only one-fifth of its present age. Researchers were from Australian National University (ANU) and Swinburne University of Technology. The study has been accepted for publication in The Astrophysical Journal.
- What is the online portal launched by Menaka Gandhi for registering complaint related to sexual harassment in non-government and government organisations?
5. She PortalAnswer – 3. SHe-box
Union Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi launched an online portal for registering complaint related to sexual harassment in non-government and government organisations named ‘SHe-box’. The comprehensive online complaint system ‘SHe-box’ (sexual harassment electronic box) will be hosted on the website of the Ministry Of Women and Child Development. A unit in the Women and Child Development Ministry will look into every complaint filed online.
- What is Tyrannomyrmex alii, a new species discovered in the Western Ghats?
5. AntAnswer – 5. Ant
Researchers have discovered a new species of ant named ‘Tyrannomyrmex alii’ in the Western Ghats. The new species of ant was found in the Periyar Tiger Reserve. The research has been published in the journal Zootaxa. The research was undertaken by Kalesh Sadasivan and Manoj Kripakaran, members of Travancore Natural History Society’s Ant Research Group.
- To which sport Mitchell Starc is related to?
5. HockeyAnswer – 3. Cricket
Strike bowler Mitchell Starc took two hat-tricks in the same first-class game in Australia. Mitchell Starc became only the eighth player in first-class cricket history and the first in 39 years to achieve the feat as he headed New South Wales (NSW) to victory over Western Australia in the Sheffield Shield. He removed Jason Behrendorff, David Moody and Simon Mackin in first innings to complete his first career hat-trick. He then got both Behrendorff and Moody again off the final two deliveries of his 15th over.
- Who defeated the North Korea’s Kim Hyang Mi and won the gold medal in the Asian Boxing Championships in the Light Flyweight category (48 kg category)?
1. Sakshi Malik
2. Mary Kom
3. Sathish Kumar
4. Pinki Jangra
5. Kavitha ChahalAnswer – 2. Mary Kom
Mary Kom defeated North Korea’s Kim Hyang Mi in the final 5-0 by unanimous judges’ decision and won the gold medal in the Asian Boxing Championships in the Light Flyweight category (48 kg category). Mary Kom’s previous medal came in the 2014 Asian Games in Incheon, where she became the first Indian woman boxer to win gold in the Women’s Flyweight (51 kg) category.
- When is World Radiology Day observed all over the world?
1. 8th November
2. 9th November
3. 10th November
4. 11th November
5. 12th NovemberAnswer – 1. 8th November
The International Day of Radiology is an annual event promoting the role of medical imaging in modern healthcare. It is celebrated on November 8 each year. It coincides with the anniversary of the discovery of x-rays by Wilhelm Roentgen in 1895. Theme of World Radiology Day 2017 is Emergency Radiology. The International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists have celebrated 8 November as World Radiography Day since 2007, along with other national radiographers associations.