AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 7 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Under whom the Union Power Ministry has set up a committee to investigate the boiler blast accident occurred at NTPC’s Unchahar plant in Raebareli, Uttar Pradesh to prevent such incidents in future?
2. P D Siwal
3. Alok Verma
4. J S Verma
5. T S ThakurAnswer – 2. P.D. Siwal
A boiler blast accident occurred at NTPC’s Unchahar plant in Raebareli, Uttar Pradesh in which 36 people lost their lives. Union Power Ministry has set up a panel to probe this accident. Union Power Ministry has set up a committee headed by P.D. Siwal, Member of Central Electricity Authority (CEA) to investigate the causes of this accident and suggest measures to prevent such incidents in future. The committee has been set up under the provision of Electricity Act 2003 and will submit its report within a month.
- Which country inaugurated the 23rd annual “conference of the parties” (COP) under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)?
5. SwitzerlandAnswer – 1. Germany
23rd annual “conference of the parties”(COP) under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) begun on November 6, 2017 in Bonn, Germany. This conference will continue till November 17, 2017. COP23 was opened on November 6, 2017 by Fiji’s Prime Minister Voreqe ‘Frank’ Bainimarama. The India Pavilion at COP 23 was inaugurated by Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan. India’s theme for COP 23 is ‘Conserving Now, Preserving Future’.
- Which country recently joined the International Solar Alliance?
5. GuineaAnswer – 5. Guinea
Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj held a meeting with Guinea’s Foreign Minister, Mamady Toure. During the course of this meeting, Mamady Toure handed over Guinea’s Instrument of Accession to the India-initiated International Solar Alliance (ISA). The International Solar Alliance is an alliance of countries which are located completely or partly between Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn. It was jointly launched by the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi and the then President of France Francois Hollande in November 2015 in Paris, on the side lines of COP21.
- ‘The Paradise Papers’ is based on leaked data of offshore law firms and the company registries located in world’s most secretive countries. India holds which position among 180 countries in the list?
5. 100Answer – 1. 19
Information revealed by ‘The Paradise Papers’ is based on leaked data of offshore law firms and the company registries located in world’s most secretive countries.Most of the data leak came from Appleby, a Bermuda-based legal services provider. The data was procured by German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung and was shared with ICIJ. Among these countries India ranks 19th in terms of the number of names. Information pertaining to financial activities of 714 Indians has been provided in ‘The Paradise Papers’.
- What is the contribution of India to UN partnership fund?
1. USD 99 million
2. USD 110 million
3. USD 100 million
4. USD 150 million
5. USD 1000 millionAnswer – 3. USD 100 million
India has pledged an additional USD 100 million towards the UN partnership fund. This amount is in addition to India’s USD 10.582 million contributions to various other UN programmes. In June 2017, India and the UN Office for South- South Cooperation (UNOSSC) launched a partnership fund for supporting sustainable development projects across the world.
- The transportation network company Ola partnered with which cloud provider to enhance its user experience?
4. One Drive
5. Drop BoxAnswer – 1. Microsoft
The transportation network company Ola announced its strategic partnership with Microsoft company, and thereby choosing the microsoft as its preferred cloud provider. The merging aimed to transform driver and passenger experiences with vehicle diagnostics, improved in-car productivity, advanced navigation, predictive maintenance of vehicles and more. Both the companies will collaborate to take this platform to car manufacturers globally, to integrate with vehicle systems.
- Which State Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Intel and UST Global for exploring the possibility of transforming the state into an electronic hardware manufacturing hub?
5. Madhya PradeshAnswer – 2. Kerala
Kerala State Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Intel and UST Global for exploring the possibility of transforming the state into an electronic hardware manufacturing hub. The MoU was signed between Kerala State IT department, Intel and UST Global in the presence of Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan. In a bid to transform Kerala into electronics hardware manufacturing hub, Kerala State Government has set up the Kerala Electronics and Hardware Mission.
- Who was declared as the ‘Entrepreneur of the Year 2017’ by ASSOCHAM (Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India) in Ranchi?
1. Achyuta Samanta
2. Maya Swaminathan Sinha
3. Pranay Chulet
4. Vishal Gondal
5. G R GopinthAnswer – 2. Maya Swaminathan Sinha
ASSOCHAM (Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India) honoured CMC Skills’ Founder Ms. Maya Swaminathan Sinha with the ‘Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2017’ award in Ranchi. ASSOCHAM organized “One Day National Summit on Leadership cum Awards 2017’’ at Hotel BNR Chanakya, Ranchi. The ‘Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2017’ award was presented to Ms. Maya Swaminathan Sinha by Governor of Jharkhand, Draupadi Murmu.
- Which Insurance Company was awarded the 21st Asia Insurance Industry Awards in the “General Insurance Company of the Year” category, at Singapore?
1. Star Health And Allied Insurance
2. National Insurance Co Ltd
3. Future General India Insurance
4. Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
5. Apollo Munich Health InsuranceAnswer – 5. Apollo Munich Health Insurance
Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company was awarded the 21st Asia Insurance Industry Awards in the “General Insurance Company of the Year” category, at Singapore. Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company is a joint venture between integrated healthcare provider, Apollo Hospitals Group, and the Munich Re Group. The Asia Insurance Industry Awards is hosted annually by Asia Insurance Review.
- Name the Indian short film which won the Best Short Film Award at the South Asian Film Festival of Montreal (SAFFM) in Montreal?
1. The School Bag
3. That Day After Everyday
5. Black MirrorAnswer – 1. The School Bag
Indian short film ‘The School Bag’ won the Best Short Film Award at the South Asian Film Festival of Montreal (SAFFM) in Montreal. This short film is about a story based in Pakistan. The plot is based in Peshawar and is about the relationship between a mother and her seven-year-old son who wants a new school bag on his birthday. But fate has something else in store for him.
- Who was appointed as Special Secretary in Commerce Ministry?
1. Suresh Prabhu
2. Shyama Prasad
3. Binoy Kumar
4. Mohan Dharia
5. V P SinghAnswer – 3. Binoy Kumar
senior IAS officer Binoy Kumar was appointed as Special Secretary in the Commerce Ministry. Binoy Kumar is a 1983 batch IAS officer of the Telangana cadre. He was the Director General of Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals (DGS&D), the procurement arm of the central government that was closed on 31st October 2017. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved his appointment as the Special Secretary (Logistics), Department of Commerce.
- Who was appointed as the new Finance Secretary of India?
1. Kamal Nath
2. Hasmukh Adhia
3. Nirmala Sitharaman
4. Suresh Prabhu
5. Shri NithiyanandAnswer – 2. Hasmukh Adhia
The government named Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia as the new Finance Secretary of India. Hasmukh Adhia is a 1981 batch IAS officer of Gujarat cadre. He replaces Ashok Lavasa whose term ended on 31st October 2017. It’s a convention in Finance Ministry to appoint the senior most secretary as the Finance Secretary. Hasmukh Adhia joined the revenue department in 2015 from the Department of Financial Services.
- Which country successfully conducted a flight test of its indigenously designed and developed long range sub-sonic cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’?
5. USAAnswer – 1. India
India successfully conducted a flight test of its indigenously designed and developed long range sub-sonic cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’. This latest test was conducted from a test range at Chandipur along the Odisha coast. This was Nirbhay’s fifth experimental test. Out of previous four experimental tests conducted since 2013, only one was successful. Nirbhay is powered by a solid rocket motor booster developed by the Advanced Systems Laboratory (ASL).
- In which state, the Tata Steel has set up India’s largest Coke Dry Quenching (CDQ) facility?
5. GujaratAnswer – 3. Odisha
Tata Steel has set up India’s largest Coke Dry Quenching (CDQ) facility at its steel plant located in Kalinganagar, Odisha. CDQ is an energy-efficient and environment-friendly heat recovery system used in steel production to cool the hot coke from coke ovens. CDQ has comparative advantages over conventional wet quenching. CDQ not only reduces dust emission and improves coke quality, but also save significant amount of water
- Which workplace provider unveiled its first co-working space in Gurgaon, Haryana and in Pusa Road, New Delhi?
5. MarriottAnswer – 4. WorkoLab
independent workplace provider WorkoLab unveiled its first co-working space in Gurgaon, Haryana and in Pusa Road, New Delhi. WorkoLab is planning to launch 100+ centres in next three years across the globe. In the first phase, WorkoLab will expand to other cities like Mumbai, Pune, Kota, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Jaipur by March 2018. Thereafter it will foray into international markets starting with Malaysia and Singapore.
- Which Indian Armed Forces is set to use advanced catapult-based aircraft launch mechanism (CATOBAR) from the U.S. for its second Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC-II)?
1. Indian Army
2. Indian Navy
3. Indian Coastal Guard
4. Indian Air Force
5. Mishra Dhatu NigamAnswer – 2. Indian Navy
The Indian Navy is set to use advanced catapult-based aircraft launch mechanism (CATOBAR) from the U.S. for its second Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC-II). The U.S. has offered India its latest EMALS (Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System) technology. This was developed by General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. The older generation of CATOBAR was powered by a steam catapult.
- Which ministry launched ‘Grahak Sadak Koyla Vitaran App’ on its Foundation day?
1. Ministry of Chemicals
2. Ministry of Fertilizers
3. Ministry of Coal
4. Ministry of Communication
5. Ministry of Consumer AffairsAnswer – 3. Ministry of Coal
Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of Railways & Coal has launched ‘Grahak Sadak Koyla Vitaran App’ on CIL’s Foundation Day at Kolkata. The Grahak Sadak Koyla Vitaran App is a customer friendly app. It helps to achieve transparency in despatch operations, by monitoring, whether the despatches are made on the principle of ‘First in First Out’. It keeps track of all the activities from issuance of Sale Order to physical delivery of coal by road. It also helps in logistics planning for lifting of coal.
- Which Research Organisation launched its first dedicated space observatory AstroSat on a Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (rocket)?
5. NASAAnswer – 3. ISRO
ISRO’s “AstroSat”accomplished the difficult task of measuring X-ray polarisation of Crab pulsar in the Taurus constellation during 18-months of its study for the first time. ISRO launched its first dedicated space observatory AstroSat on a Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (rocket) on September 28, 2015, from its spaceport at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh. The telescope measured the variations of polarisation as the magnetised object (pulsar) spins 30 times per second.
- In which Indian state the AIBA Youth Women’s World Boxing Championship 2017 held at?
5. BiharAnswer – 4. Assam
The official logo, mascot and anthem for 2017 AIBA Youth Women’s World Boxing Championship was unveiled in a ceremony at Guwahati, Assam. Chief Minister of Assam, Sarbananda Sonowal and Boxing Federation of India (BFI) President Ajay Singh released the championship’s official mascot, logo and anthem. The official mascot, named Guppy, is a female version of Assam’s one-horned rhino. The official anthem is ‘Make Some Noise’. The anthem was composed by Shaan and sung by Sunidhi Chauhan.
- Which country conducted the Commonwealth Shooting Championships 2017?
5. GreeceAnswer – 1. Australia
Commonwealth Shooting Championships 2017 was held in Gold Coast, Australiafrom 28th October, 2017 to 8th November, 2017. This Championship is held among Commonwealth countries and is considered as a test event for the Commonwealth Games. Commonwealth Shooting Championship 2017 was held in conjunction with the 2017 Oceania Shooting Championships. The Indian squad won a total of 20 medals which included six gold, seven silver and seven bronze medals.
- Which state government has planned to organise village-level tournaments to curb drug menace?
5. KarnatakaAnswer – 3. Punjab
Rural Development and Panchayat Minister of Punajb, Tript Rajinder Singh Bajwa said that, to rule out the problem of drugs from Punjab, the Punjab government would organise village-level sports tournaments. The announcement was made at a sports tournament to mark the Parkash Utsav of Guru Nanak Dev at Sultanpur Lodhi. The minister said that, these tournaments would be organised at the village level to promote sportsmanship among the youth.