AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 6 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- In how many states, Projects under Coastal Berth Scheme will be executed?
5. 8Answer – 5. 8
Union Ministry of Shipping has announced to provide financial assistance worth Rs 2302 crore for projects under the Coastal Berth Scheme of the flagship Sagarmala Programme. Projects under Coastal Berth Scheme will be executed in total eight states. With 12 projects, Maharashtra is the state having highest number of projects under this scheme.
- Which department has launched the main arch of the world’s highest bridge on the river Chenab in Jammu and Kashmir’s Reasi district which will provide direct connectivity to the Kashmir valley?
1. Indian Railways
2. Indian Roadways
3. Indian Navy
4. Indian Army
5. Indian AirforceAnswer – 1. Indian Railways
Indian Railways has launched the main arch of the world’s highest bridge on the river Chenab in Jammu and Kashmir’s Reasi district which will provide direct connectivity to the Kashmir valley. The bridge will stand 359 metres above the bed of the River Chenab and will be 30 metres higher than the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The bridge forms link in the 111-km distance between Katra and Banihal which is part of the Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla section of the Kashmir Railway project.
- Based on what, Railways has planned to introduce the biometric attendance system for rail employees by 2018?
1. Ration Card
2. Aadhaar card
3. ID card
4. BPL card
5. PAN cardAnswer – 2. Aadhaar card
The Railway Board issued a letter stating that, it will install Aadhaar-based biometric attendance system in all its zones and divisions by 31stJanuary 2018. As per the order, the biometric attendance system would be first implemented in the offices of all divisions, zones, Metro Rail Kolkata, railways workshop, factories and production units by 30th November 2017.
- Which state’s special dishes (Biryani, Baghare Baingan and Seviyan) were issued as stamps by Department of Post?
5. PuneAnswer – 3. Hyderabad
Department of Post issued stamps with photos of three Hyderabadi dishes – Biryani, Baghare Baingan and Seviyan. Postage stamps on these dishes is part of Department of Post’s initiative to issue stamps on 24 different Indian dishes, including the famous Tirupati laddu. Exclusive postage stamps have also been issued to honor Andhra dishes — idlidosa and pongal.
- In which city the “FIPSPHYSIOCON 2017”, Conference on Human Physiology was imaugrated ?
3. New Delhi
5. AgartalaAnswer – 3. New Delhi
“FIPSPHYSIOCON 2017”, Conference on Human Physiology – VII Congress of Federation of Indian Physiological Societies (FIPS) along with XXIX Annual Conference of the Physiological Society of India (PSI) was inaugurated at Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute (VPCI), University of Delhi on November 5, 2017. This event was organised by Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Science (DIPAS) of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- Which county’s embassy along with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) Ltd jointly inaugurated the Nobel Memorial Wall at the Rajiv Chowk Metro station of the Delhi Metro network?
5. CanadaAnswer – 2. Sweden
Embassy of Sweden and the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) Ltd jointly inaugurated the Nobel Memorial Wall at the Rajiv Chowk Metro station of the Delhi Metro network. The wall will be on display till November 7, 2017. The wall exhibits paintings of Indian Nobel Laureates – Rabindranath Tagore, CV Raman, Hargobind Khorana, Mother Teresa, Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar, Amartya Sen, Venkatraman Ramakrishnan and Kailash Satyarthi.
- SAMPRITI 2017 is the the joint military training exercise of India and which country?
5. ChinaAnswer – 1. Bangladesh
‘SAMPRITI 2017’, the seventh edition of Indo-Bangladesh joint military training exercise begun in Meghalaya.’SAMPRITI 2017’ will be held from 6th – 18th November, 2017. Firstly, Command Post Exercise (CPX) will be conducted from 6th – 11th November, 2017 in Umroi, Meghalaya followed by Field Training Exercise (FTX) at India’s Jungle Warfare School at Vairengte in Mizoram. 20 officers each from both the sides will participate in CPX, whereas one infantry company from both the armies will take part in FTX.
- India signed MoU with which country to step up cooperation in sports, youth affairs during world Youth Forum?
5. ChileAnswer – 2. Egypt
Union Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore met Sports Minister of Egypt, Khaled Abd El Aziz and discussed ways to step up cooperation in the field of sports and youth affairs. Mr. Rathore visited Egypt to attend the World Youth Forum. Around 3200 participants from over 50 countries participated in the World Youth Forum. Egypt has offered their centre of excellence like the Olympic Centre for short term training programme for Indian sports teams.
- Which country recently adopted a new law enforcing a three-year punishment for disrespecting the national anthem?
5. JapanAnswer – 4. China
China adopted a new law enforcing a three-year punishment for disrespecting the national anthem, which would be enforced in the specially administered provinces of Hong Kong and Macau. China’s National People’s Congress (NPC) has passed an amendment to the country’s criminal law to punish acts of gravely disrespecting the national anthem. It has also endorsed the adoption of the National Anthem Law to the Special Administrative Regions (SAR) of Hong Kong and Macau.
- On which river near china border India helped Nepal to build a bridge?
1. Kangai River
2. Rauta Khola River
3. Tamor River
4. Barun River
5. Kaligandaki RiverAnswer – 5. Kaligandaki River
Nepal inaugurated a bridge on the Kaligandaki River at Jomsom area in Mustang district near China border. This bridge has been built with financial assistance of 44.5 million Nepali rupees provided by India. The financial assistance was provided as a part of India–Nepal Economic Cooperation (INEC) programme. INEC has an outlay of over 76 billion Nepali rupees under which more than 554 large and small development projects have been completed or are currently being implemented. INEC focuses on projects in education, health and infrastructure sectors.
- In which city, did the Israeli Consulate launched the Israel Centre to mark 25 years of India-Israel partnership?
5. KoorgAnswer – 3. Bangalore
the Israeli Consulate in Bengaluru launched the Israel Centre at Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) to mark 25 years of India-Israel partnership. The Israel Centre at IIMB is aimed to become a bridge of academic collaboration between India and Israel. The centre will be based on research by faculty and will also include faculty and student exchange programmes.
- In which Indian city, the Urban Mobility Conference cum Exhibition had taken place?
5. BarodaAnswer – 4. Hyderabad
Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs announced ‘Best Urban Transport Practices’ Award on the concluding day of the three day Urban Mobility Conference –cum-Exhibition at Hyderabad. Surat Municipal Corporation has won ‘Best City Bus Services Award’ for attracting 87% of the private vehicle and auto rickshaw users to use city buses. This feat was accomplished with Bus Rapid Transport System (BRTS) which was made operational in 2014. BRTS in Surat currently operates 275 buses on 28 routes.
- Who was honoured with Vishnudas Bhave award 2017?
1. Vikram Gokhale
2. Mohan Joshi
3. Jayant Sawarkar
4. Subramaniya Swamy
5. Vishnu DasAnswer – 2. Mohan Joshi
Veteran actor Mohan Joshi was honoured with the prestigious Vishnudas Bhave award for his contribution to theatre. Mohan Joshi was honoured with Vishnudas Bhave award at a ceremony held in Sangli, Maharashtra on the eve of Marathi Rangbhumi Din. Veteran actor Jayant Sawarkar presented the Vishnudas Bhave award to Mohan Joshi. Joshi has acted in a number of Marathi and Hindi films and plays.
- Which State Government signed a trilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Department of Bio-Technology under Union Ministry of Science and Technology and Nobel Media, Sweden to hold the ‘Nobel Prize Series India 2018’?
5. BiharAnswer – 3. Goa
Goa State Government signed a trilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Department of Bio-Technology under Union Ministry of Science and Technology and Nobel Media, Sweden to hold the ‘Nobel Prize Series — India 2018’ from 1st – 28th February, 2018. ’Nobel Prize Series – India 2018’ will consist of a month-long exhibition from the Nobel Museum and Nobel dialogues in which Nobel laureates will interact with school children and teachers.
- How many products are granted Geographical Indications (GI) during this fiscal year, 2017-18 by the Indian patent office?
5. 10Answer – 1. 7
Banaganapalle mangoes of Andhra Pradesh and six other products have been granted Geographical Indications (GI) during this fiscal year, 2017-18 by the Indian patent office. Other six products which have received GI tag this year include Pochampally Ikat of Telangana; Tulapanji rice and Gobindobhog Rice of West Bengal; Chakshesang Shawl of Nagaland; Durgi Stone Carvings and Etikoppaka Toys of Andhra Pradesh.
- Which country launched BeiDou-3 satellites, aiming to build its own global positioning network with more than 30 satellites?
5. AfghanistanAnswer – 4. China
China successfully launched two navigation satellites, named BeiDou-3 satellites, aimed to build its own global positioning network with more than 30 satellites. The BeiDou-3 satellites were launched with Long March-3B carrier rocket from Xichang Satellite Launch Center in the southwestern province of Sichuan, China. The two newly-launched satellites represent the third phase of the BeiDou Navigation Satellite System. This system will provide services for countries involved in the Belt and Road Initiative.
- Which country developed the world’s first artificial intelligence robot named Shibuya Mirai, and granted a place on a real-life local registry?
5. USAAnswer – 2. Japan
Having Microsoft as a joint developer, an AI character was made an official resident of a busy central Tokyo district in Japan. He doesn’t exist physically. He is a virtual chatty seven-year-old boy. The virtual boy was named “Shibuya Mirai”. Mirai, whose name means “future” in Japanese language. This makes him Japan’s first, and maybe the world’s first, artificial intelligence robot to be granted a place on a real-life local registry and he is supposed to be a first grader at an elementary school.
- How many crew members were there in Pakistan Navy Ship PNS Saif, which arrived at the Port of Colombo on 05thNovember on a 4 days goodwill visit?
5. 255Answer – 4. 225
Like INS Sujatha and INS Tir, Sri Lankan Navy welcomed the Pakistan Navy Ship PNS Saif, which arrived at the Port of Colombo on 05thNovember on a 4 days goodwill visit. The PNS Saif is 123 m in length and 13.2 m in width. The ship which has a replenishment capacity of 3,144 tons is comprised of 225 crew members. During the visit, the crew of PNS Saif will take part in several programmes including friendly sports events organised by the Sri Lankan Navy.
- Which country unveiled ‘Tiankun’ a massive ship described as a “magic island maker” which was considered as the most powerful vessel of its type in Asia?
5. ChinaAnswer – 5. China
China unveiled ‘Tiankun’ a massive ship described as a “magic island maker” and considered the most powerful vessel of its type in Asia. ’Tiankun’ was launched at Qidong in eastern Jiangsu province of China on November 3, 2017. Its displacement is 17000 metric tons and the deck is 140-meter-long. ’Tiankun’ can break underwater rocks and then suck out sand, water and mud and transfer the substance up to 15 kilometers away. It can dredge up to 6,000 cubic meters an hour from a depth of up to 35 meters.
- What is Damrey which created landfall, causing devastation in Vietnam?
2. Mountain Fire
4. Military exercise
5. EarthquakeAnswer – 1. Cyclone
Typhoon Damrey hit Vietnam on 4th November 2017 and made landfall causing devastation. This was the strongest cyclone in Vietnam in 16 years. It weakened and fully dissipated on 5th November 2017. Typhoon Damrey killed at least 27 people and 22 are missing after it hit southern Vietnam. Winds of 140 kmph sunk around 228 vessels off the coast of Phu Yen Province and 17 of the the crew of a cargo ship went missing.
- For what purpose the National Cycling Championship was organized in Delhi?
1. To promote global warming
2. To promote Afforestation
3. To promote fuel conservation
4. To promote awareness about AIDS
5. To promote reduced use of petrol dieselAnswer – 3. To promote fuel conservation
The Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) organised Delhi’s first ‘Saksham Pedal Delhi’ cyclothon event to promote cycling and conservation of transport fuel. The Saksham Pedal Delhi event started from the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Delhi. The event was supported by the Cycling Federation of India. The event was conducted in four categories – Elite Cycling (50km/30km), Amateur Ride (30 km), Open Ride (10 km) and Green Ride (5 km).
- By defeating whom India won the women’s Asia Cup hockey title?
5. SingaporeAnswer – 1. China
India won the women’s Asia Cup hockey title 2017 at Kakamigahara in Japan. The Indian women’s hockey team ‘Women in Blue’ defeated China in the final of the Asia Cup 2017 with a score of 1-1. India has won the gold medal after 13 years.In the penalty shootout Rani scored twice and Monica, Lilima Minz and Navjot scored a goal each. Savita was selected as Goalkeeper of the Tournament andMonica won the Woman of the Match award.
- Who won his first Asian Tour title in India, bagging the Panasonic Open title 2017 at the Delhi Golf Club?
1. Druv Shoran
2. Haus Khan
3. Zakir Hussain
4. Shiv Kapur
5. Dharma ViraAnswer – 4. Shiv Kapur
Shiv Kapur won the Panasonic Open title 2017 by three strokes, after bringing home a card of four-under 68 in the fourth and final round at the Delhi Golf Club. It is the second Asian Tour title of the season for Shiv Kapur. He had won the Yeangder Heritage in April and finished second at the Thailand Open this season. He had won his first Asian tour title in 2005 at the Volvo Masters of Asia.
- Who is Vettoor Purushan?
4. Standup Comedian
5. JournalistAnswer – 2. Actor
Veteran Malayalam actor Vettoor Purushan passed away following old age illness, in Kerala. Malayalam actor and comedian Purushothaman was also called as Vettoor Purushan. He was 70 years old. He died as his condition deteriorated while being taken to hospital. He is survived by his wife. His body was cremated at his wife’s house at Palode, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- When is the International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict was observed all over the world?
1. 9th November
2. 8th November
3. 7th November
4. 6th November
5. 5th NovemberAnswer – 4. 6th November
On 6th November 2017, International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict was observed all over the world. On 5th November 2001, the UN General Assembly declared 6 November of each year as the International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict.
- In which Indian state, the longest bridge was inaugurated and it was named after the late singer Bhupen Hazarika?
4. Arunachal Pradesh
5. GujaratAnswer – 1. Assam
The longest bridge in the country got the first signpost with its name on Sunday, six months after Prime Minister Narendra Modichristened it after the late singer Bhupen Hazarika in Assam. The 9.15-km bridge across the Brahmaputra will connect Dhola with Sadiya in upper Assam. Sunday was also Hazarika’s sixth death anniversary.