AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 5 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- In which year, NITI Aayog has decided to lay foundation for the Poverty-Free India Campaign?
5. 2018Answer – 2. 2022
NITI Aayog has said in a presentation that, the foundation for freedom from six problems namely poverty, dirt, corruption, terrorism, casteism and communalism will be laid by 2022 when India celebrates 75 years of Independence. The presentation was published on NITI Aayog website. The presentation was made by NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Rajiv Kumar at Conference of Governors in October 2017. It talked about connecting all villages with habitations over 500 with all-weather roads by 2019 under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY).
- Where did the 1st Heli Expo India and International Civil Helicopter Conclave-2017 was held at?
4. New Delhi
5. SrinagarAnswer – 4. New Delhi
The 1st Heli Expo India and International Civil Helicopter Conclave-2017 was held at the Pawan Hans Heliport, Rohini, New Delhi. The 1st Heli Expo India and International Civil Helicopter Conclave-2017 was inaugurated by Uttrakhand Tourism Minister Satpal Maharaja ji. The theme of this conclave was ‘Enhancing Connectivity’. It was organised by Pawan Hans Limited in association with PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- In which India n state,The two-day Coastal Security Exercise ‘Sagar Kavach’ is to be held?
5. TelenganaAnswer – 1. Goa
The Sagar Kavach exercise is conducted to provide smooth seaward cover along the Goa Coast jointly by all security agencies from coastal belt area line to the limit of territorial water (12 nautical miles). The Sagar Kavach exercise is being conducted and coordinated by Indian Coast Guard, District Headquarter at Goa.
- The annual Balijatra festival is conducted in the bank of which river?
5. GangaAnswer – 1. Mahanadi
the annual Balijatra festival began on the banks of river Mahanadi in Cuttack at Gadagadia ghat. Odisha Health and Law minister Pratap Jena, Culture minister Ashok Panda and Sports minister Chandra Sarathi Behera inaugurated the Balijatra festival in the presence of city mayor Meenakshi Behera. The week-long fair will continue till 10th November 2017. Over one lakh people are estimated to have arrived at the fair ground to witness the yatra.
- During the fest of ‘World Food India’ 2017 in New Delhi, which State Government launched its ‘Food Processing Policy’?
2. Andhra Pradesh
5. KeralaAnswer – 1. Telangana
The second day of ‘World Food India’ 2017 event in New Delhi, Telangana State Government launched its ‘Food Processing Policy’. The policy was unveiled by Telangana IT and Industries Minister K T Rama Rao. The aim of this policy is to attract Rs 20000 crore investment in the food processing sector in Telangana. This investment will consequentially generate about 1.25 lakh direct employment opportunities in next five years.
- Which is the India’s first island district and world’s largest river island?
1. Mandovi Island
5. QuibbleAnswer – 2. Majuli
Majuli is is a river island in the Brahmaputra River, Assam. It is India’s first island district and world’s largest river island. Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched 647 schemes with a total financial outlay of Rs. 24.57 crore to boost Majuli’s development.
- Which state became the first organic state and now planning to launch its second phase of organic movement?
5. OdishaAnswer – 2. Sikkim
Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling on 05th Nov 2017 announced about a plan to launch a second phase of organic movement in the state. Sikkim became a fully organic state on 2016. The second phase of organic movement will be launched to increase large scale production of various produces and create value for the producers by setting up a global supply chain by strengthening the export mechanism.
- In which state, The Indian Army today launched an independent and fully-integrated Joint Training Node (JTN)?
5. MeghalayaAnswer – 5. Meghalaya
The Indian Army today launched an independent and fully-integrated Joint Training Node (JTN) at Umroi cantonment, Meghalaya. The JTN is the first of its kind in eastern command and is different from other joint training centres in Belgaum, Varangte and Bakloh. The Army has chosen the Umroi cantonment for the JTN keeping mind its proximity to Guwahati and the Shillong airports.
- The headquarters of Southern Naval Command (SNC) is located in?
1. Trivandrum, Kerala
2. Kochi, Kerala
3. Chennai, TamilNadu
4. Thrissur, Kerala
5. KanniyaKumari, TamilNaduAnswer – 2. Kochi, Kerala
The five ships in this flotilla includes INS Tir, INS Sujata, INS Sudarshini, INS Shardul and Coast Guard vessel ICGS Sarathi. All these ships belong to the First Training Squadron of the Indian Navy and are functioning under the Southern Naval Command (SNC) headquartered in Kochi, Kerala. Captain D J Revar, Senior Officer of the First Training Squadron and also the commanding officer of INS Tir is heading this flotilla.
- Who will represent India in World Youth Forum at Sharam El Shiekh, Egypt ?
1. Rajyavardhan Rathore
2. Narendra Modi
3. Rahul Gandhi
4. Vishwanath Anand
5. P V SindhuAnswer – 1. Rajyavardhan Rathore
The Minister of State (Independent Charge) Youth Affairs and Sports Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore has left to attend World Youth Forum, scheduled to be held at Sharam El Shiekh, Egypt. Col Rathore is attending the meeting on behalf of the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to represent the country at the Forum.These 5 days forumwill be inaugurated by the President of Egypt Mr Abdelfateh El Sisi on 06th of Nov.
- Government of India signed a Memorandum Of Understanding (MoU) of Rs.10,000 Crore with which company at the World Food India 2017?
5. FlipkartAnswer – 1. Patanjali
a Memorandum Of Understanding (MoU) of Rs 10, 000 Crore was signed between the Government of India and Patanjali at the World Food India 2017. The MoU was signed by Managing Director of Patanjali, Acharya Balkrishna and Harsimrat Kaur Badal, the Union Cabinet Minister of Food Processing at the World Food India 2017.
- India sets Guinness Record for cooking 918 kgs of _______ at ‘World Food India’ 2017 event in New Delhi.
3. Channa Masala
5. KhichdiAnswer – 5. Khichdi
India set a Guinness world record by cooking 918 kg khichdi at ‘World Food India’ 2017 event in New Delhi. Khichdi is a traditional Indian multi-grain dish that is relished equally by rich as well poor people across India. The minimum requirement to create a world-record was 500 kg. The khichdi was thereafter distributed to orphans by Akshaya Patra Foundation and Gurudwara to about 60,000 people.
- Who became the Gurgaon’s first woman mayor?
1. Rani Abbi
2. Madhu Azad
3. Anita Arya
4. Gulzar Banu
5. Sabitha BeegamAnswer – 2. Madhu Azad
Madhu Azad of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Councillor for Ward 7, bagged the post of Gurgaon Mayor, becoming the first ever female mayor of Gurgaon. The position of deputy mayor was won by Sunita Yadav, who is the councilor for ward 33. She was also chosen unanimously. The Municipal Corporation of Gurugram (MCG) elections were held on 25th September 2017.
- Who is appointed as new Chief Secretary of Puducherry?
1. Kiran Bedi
2. Ashwani Kumar
3. Malladi Krishna
4. M Kandaswamy
5. R KamalakannanAnswer – 2. Ashwani Kumar
Ashwani Kumar, Principal Secretary in the Delhi Public Works Department (PWD), has been appointed as Chief Secretary for Puducherry. The current Puducherry Chief Secretary, Manjo Kumar Parida, who has in the past worked in the Delhi government will return to Delhi. The new postings become effective immediately. Also, Delhi’s urban development secretary Renu Sharma has also been given charge of PWD.
- Who is appointed as the General Manager of Southern Railway?
1. Anand Mathur
2. Manoj Pande
3. Neera Kuntia
4. R K Kulshrestha
5. Amitab KhareAnswer – 4. R K Kulshrestha
R K Kulshrestha assumed charge as the General Manager of Southern Railway. Earlier R K Kulshrestha was the General Manager of Northern Railway. He had worked in Eastern Railway, South Eastern Railway, Southern Railway, South Central Railway and West Central Railway. He had worked as Chief Safety Officer, Southern Railway and Principal Head of Department of Electrical Branch of Southern Railway.
- Who is the first woman to be appointed as senior Deputy Director General (DDG), Tamil Nadu, Telecom Enforcement Resource Monitoring, Department of Telecommunications (DoT)?
1. Murali Mohana Krishna
2. Sujatha Venkateshwaran
3. Ashok Maiya
4. N Poonguzhali
5. P NagarajuAnswer – 4. N Poonguzhali
N Poonguzhali has become the first woman to be appointed as senior Deputy Director General (DDG), Tamil Nadu, Telecom Enforcement Resource Monitoring, Department of Telecommunications (DoT). N Poonguzhali is an Indian telecom service officer of the 1979 batch. She is an alumnus of IIT Madras, from where she graduated in Electronics and also completed her Masters in Business Administration. Her new role is in Telecom Enforcement Resource Monitoring (TERM) under the Department of Telecommunications (DoT). She has 36 years of experience in the Department of Telecommunication and at Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd in various responsibilities.
- Name the new tool launched by Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries and Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), the regulatory body for Food Safety in India.
1. Food Regulatory Portal
2. Food for all Portal
3. Monetary Portal
4. No Poverty Portal
5. Happy Food PortalAnswer – 1. Food Regulatory Portal
Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries and Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), the regulatory body for Food Safety in India have launched a new tool called ‘Food Regulatory Portal’. This Portal will serve as a single interface for food businesses to cater to both domestic operations and food imports.
- To which field Aditi Ashok is related to?
5. CricketerAnswer – 3. Golfer
Indian golfer Aditi Ashok won the Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Open in Abu Dhabi, UAE and has thereby won her third Ladies European Tour (LET) title in less than twelve months. Aditi Ashok won the title by outperforming Cheyenne Woods (US), Georgia Hall (England) and Camilla Lennarth (Sweden).Including Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Open title, Aditi has won Hero Indian Open and Qatar Ladies Open in last twelve months.
- Which city will host the inaugural edition of Table Tennis Super League, Tamil Nadu?
5. KaraikalAnswer – 1. Chennai
Chennai will host the inaugural edition of Table Tennis Super League-Tamil Nadufrom 24th – 26th November, 2017. This tournament will be organised by Indusports, under the auspices of Tamil Nadu Table Tennis Association and 11Even Sports. Competition will take place among eight teams and each would have six members from different categories viz. men, women, junior boys, junior girls, cadet boys and veterans.
- Which Indian pair won bronze medal in the men’s doubles category of the 2017 Challenge Belgium Open?
1. Achanta Sharath and Anthony Amalraj
2. Chetan Baboor and Venugopal Chandrasekar
3. Soumyajit Ghosh and Sathiyan Gnanasekaran
4. Sharat Kamal and Indu Puri
5. Achanta Sharath and Sathiyan GnanasekaranAnswer – 5. Achanta Sharath and Sathiyan Gnanasekaran
Indian table tennis players Achanta Sharath Kamal and Sathiyan Gnanasekaran have won bronze medal in the men’s doubles category of the 2017 Challenge Belgium Openi. Sharath Kamal & Sathiyan lost in the semi-finals to the German pair of Patrick Franziska and Ricardo Walther. On their way to semi-finals, Sharath Kamal – Sathiyan pair first beat the Belgian pair of Thibaut Darcis and Lauric Jean and outperformedof Sweden’s Harald Andersson and Simon Arvidsson.
- Who won Elite Women’s events at ‘Saksham Pedal Delhi’ Cyclothon held in New Delhi?
1. Shardha Mukerjee
2. Ramya Dulari
3. Sarla Garewal
4. T Manorama Devi
5. Fathima BeeviAnswer – 4. T Manorama Devi
Satbir Singh and T Manorama Devi emerged victorious in the Elite Men’s and Elite Women’s events at ‘Saksham Pedal Delhi’ Cyclothon held in New Delhi on November 5, 2017.This event was organised by Petroleum Conservation & Research Association (PCRA) under technical guidance from Cycling Federation of India. The event was supported by many Oil companies including IOCL, BPCL, HPCL and ONGC.
- By defeating which country, Indian women won Asia Cup 2017 and qualified for Hockey World Cup?
5. SpainAnswer – 4. China
India beats China 5-4 via and won the women’s Asia Cup hockey and India also qualified for next year’s World Cup as Continental champion. Korea is in third place after it defeated Japan.
- When is World Tsunami Awareness Day observed all over the world?
1. 9th November
2. 8th November
3. 7th November
4. 5th November
5. 6th NovemberAnswer – 4. 5th November
In December 2015, the UN General Assembly designated 5 November as World Tsunami Awareness Day. The first Tsunami Awareness Day was observed in 2016. The focus of World Tsunami Awareness Day 2017 will be at reducing the number of affected people globally by disasters. November 5 was chosen as World Tsunami Awareness Day in honour of the Japanese story of “Inamura-no-hi”, meaning the “burning of the rice sheaves”. In 1854 a farmer set fire to his entire harvest to warn villagers of tsunami.