Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs November 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction was held in which city?
Answer – D.New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction in New Delhi held from November 3-5, 2016 and called on the world community to work united on disaster risk reduction. Modi outlined a ten-point agenda for renewing efforts towards disaster risk reduction for all development sectors must imbibe principles of disaster risk management. ‘New Delhi Declaration’ and the ‘Asian Regional Plan for Implementation of the Sendai Framework’ adopted at the end of the day.
- The 5th annual global celebration of Media and Information Literacy (MIL) Week observed from which week?
A.24 October to 30 October, 2016
B.31 October to 6 November, 2016
C.7 November to 13 November, 2016
D.14 November to 20 November, 2016
Answer – B.31 October to 6 November, 2016
5th annual global celebration of Media and Information Literacy (MIL) Week observed from 31 October to 6 November, 2016. 2016 Theme Media and Information Literacy: New Paradigms for Intercultural Dialogue. Sixth Media and Information Literacy and Intercultural Dialogue (MILID) Conference and the First General Assembly of the Global Alliance for Partnerships on Media and Information Literacy (GAPMIL), taking place November 2-5, 2016 in São Paulo, Brazil ahead of the Global MIL Week 2016.
- The First World Tsunami Awareness Day was observed on which day in the Asian Ministerial Conference for Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) 2016?
Answer – B.November 5
The First World Tsunami Awareness Day was observed on November 5, 2016 in the Asian Ministerial Conference for Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) 2016. The 5th of November was designated as World Tsunami Awareness Day (WTAD) by the United Nations General Assembly in December 2015 to focus on education and evacuation drills. The 2016 Theme is “Effective Education and Evacuation Drills.
- Name the Twitter’s India and South East Asia’s Managing Director has resigned after Rishi Jaitly exit from twitter?
Answer – A.Parminder Singh
Twitter’s India and South East Asia’s Managing Director Parminder Singh has resigned after Rishi Jaitly exit from twitter. He will be replaced by Maya Hari and the Middle East North Africa (MENA) region will be handled by Benjamin Ampen.
- Who is the California’s Attorney General, is on the cusp of becoming the first Indian- American Senator in the US Congress?
Answer – C.Kamala Harris
Kamala Harris, California’s Attorney General, is on the cusp of becoming the first Indian- American Senator in the US Congress. According to a report, 55 per cent early voters chose Harris, 26 per cent backed Sanchez and 14 per cent said neither. Harris, who was born in Oakland, California, is the daughter of an Indian mother who emigrated from Chennai in 1960 and a Jamaican American father.
- Which IFS Officer has been accredited as the Ambassador of India to the Commonwealth of Dominica ?
Answer – C.Bishwadip Dey
The IFS officer Bishwadip Dey, High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago has been concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to the Commonwealth of Dominica with residence in Port of Spain. The capital of Dominica is Roseau and its currency is East Caribbean dollar.
- Who has been concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Benin?
D.B Nagabhushana Reddy
Answer – D.B Nagabhushana Reddy
Indian IFS officer B Nagabhushana Reddy has been concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Benin with residence in Abuja (Nigeria). Currently he is working as the Ambassador of India to the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The Capital of Benin is Porto-Novo and its Currency is West African CFA franc.
- Which state was conferred with the award for outstanding work in the field of e-governance at the ‘State of the States Conclave 2016’ ?
Answer – C.Haryana
Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley awarded the Haryana government was conferred with the award for outstanding work in the field of e-governance at the ‘State of the States Conclave 2016’ in New Delhi. Principal Secretary of CM, Rakesh Gupta received the award on behalf of Haryana government. The award was presented to aprreciate the work done in the field of e-governance in the past two years in Haryana. Under ‘One-State One-View’ initiative, an integrated SRDB (State Residents Data base) has been created. It will ensure de-duplication of records.
- Which celebrity is the World’s Highest-Paid Woman in Music for 2016 report released by Forbes?
Answer – D.Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift has topped Forbes magazine’s list of the highest-earning female solo artists in music, with more than twice the income of the second-placed artist, Adele.
- Which drug maker is setting up an innovation and development center (I&D) in Mumbai to develop new drug formulations, new indications, dosing, packaging and other differentiated offerings?
Answer – B.Abbott
Global drug maker Abbott is setting up an innovation and development center (I&D) in Mumbai to develop new drug formulations, new indications, dosing, packaging and other differentiated offerings. The centre will act as a “hub” and ship products to at least 30 countries that will further develop the products to suit local needs .It will also have a pilot scale plant. Abbott has its existing innovation and development centres in Chile and Columbia.
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) launched ‘Startup Mentorship Circle‘ in which city to mentor startups, connect them to the global marketplace ?
Answer – C.Mumbai
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) launched ‘Startup Mentorship Circle‘ in Mumbai to mentor startups, connect them to the global marketplace and their think-tanks for them to scale up and succeed in an exponential way on November 5, 2016. Startup Mentorship Circle is truly a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and startups to drive sustainable economic growth and generate large scale employment opportunities.
- MNRE has issued bidding guidelines for setting up _____________ Wind Power Projects connected to inter-state transmission system (ISTS)?
Answer – C.1000 MW
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) provided Guidelines for transparent bidding process for implementation of Scheme for setting up of 1000 MW Wind Power Project connected to inter-state transmission system (ISTS). The power projects would be selected through open competitive bidding followed by e-reverse auction and the capacity to be bid out could be over 1,000 MW, if there is demand from buying entities. The implementing agency Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) has already floated a document for selection of bidders under the Scheme.
- Which organisation jointly with Mumbai-based RBL Bank has announced a new loan portfolio guarantee that would facilitate up to $75 million for lending to small and medium enterprises (SMEs)?
Answer – C.USAID
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and Mumbai-based RBL Bank announced a new loan portfolio guarantee that will facilitate up to $75 million for lending to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) operating in off-grid, solar rooftops, and energy efficiency sectors. This guarantee, the first of its kind between USAID and an Indian private sector bank, will support innovative solutions and business models to improve access to clean energy sources for electricity. India needs more than USD 100 billion in energy investment per year until 2040 to meet its need for electricity.
- India jointly agreed with which country to maintain the pace of their high-level exchanges in counter- terrorism and other fields?
Answer – D.China
India and China have agreed to maintain the pace of their high-level exchanges in counter- terrorism and other fields. National Security Advisor(NSA) Ajit Doval and Chinese State Councillor Yang Jiechi, concluded their discussions in Hyderabad. The two sides agreed to maintain the pace of high-level exchanges in political, economic, defence and counter- terrorism fields.
- Name the India and Bangladesh joint military training exercise is being started at Tangail in Dhaka, Bangladesh from 05 to 18 November 2016?
B.Yudh Abhyas 2016
Answer – D.Sampriti 2016
India and Bangladesh defence cooperation, a joint military training exercise SAMPRITI 2016 is being started at Tangail in Dhaka, Bangladesh from 05 to 18 November 2016. Exercise SAMPRITI is an important bilateral defence cooperation effort between India and Bangladesh and will be the sixth edition of the exercise which is hosted alternately by both countries. The SAMPRITI 2016 will simulate a scenario where both nations are working together in a Counter Insurgency and Counter Terrorism environment under the UN Charter.
- Which country has became the first country in the Baltic Sea area signed a MoU to link up with China’s One Belt and One Road (OBOR) Initiative?
Answer – A.Latvia
Latvia has become the first country in the Baltic Sea area to sign a Memorandum of Understanding to link up with China’s One Belt and One Road (OBOR) Initiative. The MoU was ratified after Chinese Premier Li Keqiang’s meeting with his Latvian counterpart Maris Kucinskis in Riga (capital of Latvia). It was Chinese Premier’s first visit to the European Union country. The Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-century Maritime Silk Road, also known as The Belt and Road(abbreviated B&R), One Belt, One Road (abbreviated OBOR) or the Belt and Road Initiative is a development strategy and framework, proposed by Chinese paramount leader Xi Jinping.
- President Pranab Mukherjee is on a three-day state visit to which country from November 2 to 4, 2016?
Answer – B.Nepal
President Pranab Mukherjee is on a three-day state visit to Nepal from November 2 to 4, 2016. The is visit is first by an Indian Head of State in 18 years. The President’s visit is seen as an extension of “intensive engagement” by India with Nepal, which adopted its democratic Constitution last year. The Kathmandu University conferred an Honorary Doctorate on the President of India. He also announced that from 2017 onwards, Nepali students will have the opportunity to pursue graduate and post-graduate courses in Indian Institutes of Technology on a regular basis.
- India jointly with which country has signed deals to increase oil production worth $1.45 billion?
Answer – B.Venezuela
Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro and Executive Director of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, Narendra Kumar Verma signed oil production deals worth $1.45 billion in Caracas, Venezuela on November 4, 2016. The aim is to increase oil production. The agreement comes amid a severe economic crisis in Venezuela and it is a way to boost
oil production, pay off debts and increase the country’s oil income.
- Which state government has inked a MoU with Civil Aviation Ministry for Regional Connectivity Scheme recently?
Answer – C.Assam
Chief Minister Sonowal and Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapati Raju inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Union Ministry of Civil Aviation and Airport Authority of India under Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS). He also requested to make Guwahati Airport as a world class airport. According to MoU, the Assam government shall reduce VAT to 1% or less on Aviation turbine fuel (ATF) at RCS Airports. The Assam Government will provide free land for the development of heliports in Diphu and Haflong.
- Which state has ranked no.1 position in the World Bank study report in India in the field of energy efficiency?
Answer – D.Andhra Pradesh
In ease of doing business Andhra Pradesh ranked no. 1 from the World Bank in India in energy efficiency.The ranking of the states were released in the World Bank’s study report titled – ‘India’s State Level Energy Efficiency Implementation Readiness’. Andhra Pradesh topped with overall score of 42.01 followed by Rajasthan (41.89), Karnataka (39.34) and Maharashtra (39.29).Kerala, Gujarat, Delhi (UT), Punjab, Odisha and Uttar Pradesh are the other states in the top ten ranking in that order. Andhra Pradesh topped the list by achieving an energy saving of 1,500 million units (MU).
- The three day long 6th Annual Indian Language Festival ‘Samanvay’ was held in which city?
Answer – D.New Delhi
The three day Indian Languages Festival (ILF) Samanvay, focusing on the themes of ‘Language as Public action’ commenced with the noted Gandhian Ela Bhat in New Delhi on November 5 2016. It focuses on the merging of various idioms, and brings into the festival frame, sessions, workshops, discussions and components from languages such as the arts, music, performance, technology along with the literary.
- The 5 Day long National Conference on Tropical Parasitology’ was held in which union territory on November 2, 2016?
Answer – D.Puducherry
Around 200 representatives from India and abroad will attend a five day national meet on tropical parasitology began on November 2, 2016 in Puducherry and evolve strategies to improve the perspective on the drug resistance scenario in parasitic diseases. It is hosted by the Department of Microbiology of centrally sponsored JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research) and organised by the Indian Academy of Tropical Parasitology.
- Name the mission has set the Guinness World Record for highest altitude fix of a GPS signal at 70,000 kilometres above the surface of the Earth by NASA?
A.Magnetometric Multiscale mission
B.Magnetometric Mobile mission
C.Magnetospheric Multiscale mission
D.Magnetosterio Multisector mission
Answer – C.Magnetospheric Multiscale mission
Magnetospheric Multiscale mission (MMS) has set the Guinness World Record for highest altitude fix of a GPS signal at 70,000 kilometres above the surface of the Earth by NASA( National Aeronautics and Space Administration). It is operating in a highly elliptical orbit around Earth, the four MMS spacecraft incorporate Global Positioning System (GPS) measurements into their precise tracking systems. Earlier this year, MMS achieved the closest flying separation of a multi-spacecraft formation with only 7.2 km between the four satellites.