AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 4 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affair November 4 2017
- Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana is a program launched by GOI, which will be benefited by whom?
1. School Children
3. Under Previleged
4. Backward Class
5. TribalsAnswer – 1. School Children
Union Minister of Communications Manoj Sinha launched a pan India scholarship program for school children called Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana to increase the reach of Philately. Abbreviation SPARSH stands for SPARSH(Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby). Under this scheme annual scholarships will be awarded to children of Standard VI to IX who have good academic record
- In which country the International Conference on “Ramayan Circuit and Mithila-Awadh Relations” is conducted?
5. NepalAnswer – 5. Nepal
An International Conference on “Ramayan Circuit and Mithila-Awadh Relations” started at Janakpur in Nepal on November 3, 2017. Culture Minister of Nepal Jitendra Naryan Dev, inaugurated this conference. This conference has been held with dual objective. First is to boost social, cultural and religious ties between Mithila and Awadh and developing connectivity between Janakpur and Ayodhya.
- Asia’s largest cattle fair “Sonepur Mela” was organised in which state of India?
5. SikkimAnswer – 2. Bihar
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi inaugurated ‘Sonepur Mela’ (in Sonpur town of Bihar). Sonepur Mela is considered as one of the biggest cattle fair in Asia. The fair will continue till December 3, 2017. It is an annual cattle fair and its origins can be traced to the Mughal era. ’Sonepur Fair’ is also known as ‘Kshetra Mela’. It is conducted at the confluence of Rivers Ganga, Gandak and Mahi.
- Where did the 4th meeting of the India-US Joint Working Group on Aircraft Carrier Technology Co-operation (JWGACTC) conducted?
5. NewJerseyAnswer – 2. India
4th meeting of the India-US Joint Working Group on Aircraft Carrier Technology Co-operation (JWGACTC) was organised in India from October 29, 2017 to November 3, 2017. JWGACTC was constituted under the auspices of the Indo – US Defence Trade and Technology Initiative. The 13 member-US delegation for this meeting was headed by Rear Admiral Brian Antonio. During this meeting, US-India discussed future co-operation under various aspects of aircraft carrier technology.
- Which Indian state announced free treatment for the Road accident victims for first 48 Hours?
1. Andhra Pradesh
2. Tamil Nadu
5. GujaratAnswer – 3. Kerala
Kerala State Government has decided to formulate a ‘Trauma-Care Scheme’, under which all accident victims in Kerala will be provided necessary emergency care and treatment free-of-cost for the first 48 hours after being admitted to a hospital. All the expenses incurred by the hospital on treatment of accident victim during first 48 hours will be paid by the Kerala State Government. Kerala State Government will claim these expenses from Insurance Companies.
- The Central Asian Country Kazakhstan, will change its name to ______________?
5. KazhakhstanAnswer – 4. Qazaqstan
Kazakhstan, a Central Asian Country will change its name to Qazaqstan. On October 27, 2017, Kazakhstan Government announced that it will appoint a national committee to oversee the country’s transition from Russian Cyrillic to a Latin-based alphabet, which be completed by 2025. Kazakhstan Foreign Ministry has stated that as Latin is used by approximately 70% of all countries, changing to a Latin-based alphabet name is an essential part of global communication.
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) clarified that farmers do not need to quote Permanent Account Number (PAN) for cash sale of their produce up to Rs ____ a day?
1. 1 lakh
2. 2 lakh
3. 3 lakh
4. 4 lakh
5. 2.5 lakhAnswer – 2. 2 lakh
Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) clarified that farmers do not need to quote Permanent Account Number (PAN) for cash sale of their produce up to Rs 2 lakh a day. Cultivators/agriculutralists had sought clarification from CBDT pertaining to applicability of a specific provision of Income-tax Act, 1961 to cash sale of agricultural produce. As per provision of section 269ST in the Income Tax Act, any cash sale of an amount of Rs 2 lakh or more on a single day, in respect of a single transaction or transactions relating to one event or occasion from an individual is prohibited.
- Who is heading the Panel which was formed by Maharashtra State government to study the feasibility of merging financially weak District Central Cooperative Banks (DCCBs) with the Maharashtra State Cooperative (MSC) Bank?
1. Satyanarayan Iyer
2. Devendra Fadnavis
3. Yashwant Thorat
4. Yashwantro Chavan
5. Moraji DesaiAnswer – 3. Yashwant Thorat
Maharashtra State government has formed a panel to study the feasibility of merging financially weak District Central Cooperative Banks (DCCBs) with the Maharashtra State Cooperative (MSC) Bank. The panel is headed by former NABARD chairman Yashwant Thorat. The panel has also been mandated to study reasons for financial weakness of banks and suggest ways for improvement. It is expected to submit its report in a month’s time.
- Which insurance company has come up with India’s first ever insurance cover for individual victims of cyber crime?
1. IDBI Federal Insurance
2. Muthoot Finance
4. Bajaj Allianz
5. ICICIAnswer – 4. Bajaj Allianz
Insurance firm Bajaj Allianz has come up with India’s first ever insurance cover for individual victims of cyber crime. Under this policy, insurance cover will be provided against online fraud, identity theft, cyber-stalking and extortion, phishing and malware attack. Sum insured for this policy is in the range of Rs 1 lakh to Rs 1 crore. Insurance premium would depend on the number of hours the individual spends online. Higher the time spent implies greater the risk and would entail higher premium.
- Which digital payment platform recently launched ‘Inbox’, a messaging service that will allow consumers to chat with friends and family and send and request money at the same time?
1. Jio Money
4. Airtel Money
5. PaytmAnswer – 5. Paytm
digital payment platform Paytm launched ‘Inbox’, a messaging service that will allow consumers to chat with friends and family and send and request money at the same time. Paytm’s ‘Inbox’ is an end-to-end encrypted platform, through which users can users can initiate private conversations and create group chats. Users can even send photos and videos instantly, share live location. It also has a built-in camera which will enable to capture and share moments.
- Who is the governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
1. Urjit Patel
2. Ajay Thyagi
3. Raghuram Rajan
4. U K Sinha
5. Narendra ModiAnswer – 1. Urjit Patel
About Reserve Bank of India:
Headquarters – Mumbai
Governor – Urjit Patel
- Which communication network will shut down voice call service from 1st December 2017 and asked its customers can move to other networks by the end of 2017?
5. VodafoneAnswer – 2. Reliance
TRAI said that, RCom will shut down voice call services from 1st December 2017 and will provide only 4G data services to its customers. Customers can move to other networks by the end of 2017. RCom is to provide 4G services in Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh West, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, West Bengal, Gujarat and Kolkata.
- Which airline has been named ‘Airline of the Year’ for 2018 by AirlineRatings.com?
1. EVA Air
2. Air New Zealand
3. Cathay Paciffic
4. Eithad Airways
5. Virgin AtlanticAnswer – 2. Air New Zealand
Air New Zealand has been adjudged ‘Airline of the Year’ for the fifth consecutive year. AirlineRatings.com judges airlines on 12 key criteria including product offerings, fleet age, staff relations, passenger reviews, investment rating and profitability. Air New Zealand was adjudged as best in almost all criteria and was honoured for its record-breaking performance, multi award-winning in-flight innovations, operational safety, environmental leadership and motivation of its staff.
- Which company has won ‘Dun & Bradstreet – Everest Infra Awards 2017’ under Infrastructure Project category at Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh?
1. Vikram Solar
3. Icomm Tele Ltd
4. Tata Power Solar
5. Indo Solar LtdAnswer – 4. Tata Power Solar
Tata Power Solar has won ‘Dun & Bradstreet – Everest Infra Awards 2017’ under Infrastructure Project category for commissioning India’s largest solar project under Domestic Content Requirement for NTPC at Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The 100-MW project of Tata Power Solar is expected to generate nearly 160 million units (kWh) of energy per year. It is the biggest solar project in India, commissioned using domestically manufactured solar cells and modules.
- Who receives the prestigious Jnanpith award 2017?
1. Shankha Ghosh
2. Sankara Kurup
3. Krishna Sobti
4. Ashapoorna Devi
5. Sumitranadan PanditAnswer – 3. Krishna Sobti
Jnanpith Selection Board announced that renowned Hindi writer Krishna Sobti has been chosen for 2017 Jnanpith Award. Krishna Sobti was born in 1925 in Gujrat, Pakistan’s Punjab Province. Sobti is 92 years old. She is known for experimenting with new writing styles. Her language was highly influenced by the intermingling of Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi cultures. Some of her important works are Daar Se Bichhudi, Mitro Marjani, Zindaginama, Dil-o-Danish, Badalom ke Ghere, Ai Ladki and Gujarat Pakistan Se Gujarat Hindustan. Several of her works have been translated into other languages.
- Name the actor who was honoured with Tata Literature Live! Lifetime Achievement Award 2017.
1. Anvita Prashant
2. Srisha B
3. Sri Prakash
4. Sapna Chadha
5. Girish KarnadAnswer – 5. Girish Karnad
Indian playwright, actor, film director, and writer Girish Karnad has been announced as the recipient of the Tata Literature Live! Lifetime Achievement Award for 2017. The Tata Literature Live! Lifetime Achievement Award 2017 will be presented to Girish Karnad, at the literature festival annual awards ceremony to be held on 19thNovember 2017 at the National Centre for the Performing Arts (NCPA), Nariman Point, Mumbai.
- Which Indian temple has won the UNESCO Asia Pacific Award of Merit 2017 for cultural heritage conservation?
1. Meenakshi Amman Temple
2. Brihadeeshwara Temple
3. Ranganathan Temple
4. Ramasamy Temple
5. Srirangam TempleAnswer – 5. Srirangam temple
Srirangam temple of Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu has won the UNESCO Asia Pacific Award of Merit 2017 for cultural heritage conservation. The use of traditional methods in renovating temple structures and re-establishment of rainwater harvesting and historic drainage system were the main reasons for the temple to achieve the award. It has become the first temple in Tamil Nadu to be given the prestigious award from the UN body. The renovation of the temple began in June 2014.
- Who is appointed as part-time member of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM)?
1. Chakravarthi Rangarajan
2. Shamika Ravi
3. Manmohan Singh
4. Saumitra Chaudhari
5. Pulin B NaikAnswer – 2. Shamika Ravi
A senior government official has said that, Shamika Ravi, senior official at Brookings India, would be appointed as part-time member of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM). The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) has cleared the appointment of Shamika Ravi as part-time member of the EAC-PM.
- Who will be the ambassador of the AIBA Women’s Youth World Championships 2017 to be held in Guwahati from 19 to 26 November 2017?
1. P V Sindu
2. Sakshi Malik
3. MC Mary Kom
4. Sania Mirsa
5. Saina NehwalAnswer – 3. MC Mary Kom
Mary Kom has been chosen as Ambassador for the 2017 AIBA Women’s Youth World Championships. The competition is held in India for the first time. Mary Kom has won an Olympic bronze medal. She is 34 years old. She hails from Manipur. The Boxing Pavilion at the Nabin Chandra Bordoloi AC Indoor Hall in Guwahati, India, will be the venue for the AIBA Women’s Youth World Championships 2017.
- Who is the newly appointed US Ambassador to India?
1. Jaideep Sarkar
2. Mukta Tomar
3. Pankaj Saran
4. Ajaey Bisara
5. Kenneth JusterAnswer – 5. Kenneth Juster
The Senate today confirmed by a voice vote the nomination of Kenneth Juster as the next US Ambassador to India. Juster, a top economic expert on India who is 62 years old, is an old India hand who played a key role in the landmark Indo-US civil nuclear deal. Justers nomination confirmation on 3rd Nov 2017 was agreed by the powerful Senate Foreign Relations Committee by a voice vote, reflecting the political partys’ support for him in Congress.
- Which is the official language of Lebanon?
5. ArabicAnswer – 5. Arabic
Capital – Beirut
Currency – Lebanese pound
Official language – Arabic
- In which State, the DRDO successfully test-fired the guided Glide Bomb called Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon (SAAW)?
5. TelenganaAnswer – 2. Odisha
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully tested an indigenously-built lightweight ‘glide bomb’ at the Integrated Test Range in Chandipur, Odisha. The ‘glide bomb’ is named as Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon (SAAW). It was released from the IAF aircraft and guided through precision navigation system. The ‘glide bomb’ reached the targets at greater than 70 km range, with high accuracies. Three test-fires were conducted with different release conditions and ranges.
- Who is Dina Wadia?
1. Muhammad Ali Jinnah’s Grand daughter
2. Muhammad Ali Jinnah’s Daughter
3. Muhammad Ali Jinnah Niece
4. Muhammad Ali Jinnah’s sister
5. Muhammad Ali Jinnah’s step daughterAnswer – 2. Muhammad Ali Jinnah’s Daughter
Dina Wadia, daughter and the only child of Pakistan’s founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah passed away in New York. Dina Wadia was 98 years old. She passed away at her home in New York on 2nd November 2017. She is survived by her son and Wadia group chairman Nusli N Wadia, daughter Diana N Wadia and great grandsons Ness and Jeh Wadia. She was born around the midnight of August 14-15, 1919 in a cinema theatre in London where her parents, Jinnah and Rattanbai, were watching a film.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification