Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs November 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Name the Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson is an ex-NASA scientist has passed away at an age of 87 ?
A.Kanu Ramdas Gandhi
B.Kiran Ramdas Gandhi
C.Kishore Ramdas Gandhi
D.Krish Ramdas Gandhi
Answer – A.Kanu Ramdas Gandhi
Kanu Ramdas Gandhi is a 87 old years, an ex-NASA scientist, and lies critical in a charitable hospital here, with little monetary resources and virtually nobody to care for him. Ahmedabad-based Dhimant Badhia, an old friend and grandson of a close associate of Gandhi arranged for small monetary help for the poor health of Kanu, and recently donated Rs.21,000 ($315) from his personal resources.
- Which well known producer and director of Pakistan Television (PTV) has died at an age of 73?
B.Hafiz Hafeezur Rehman
D.Yawar Hayat Khan
Answer – D.Yawar Hayat Khan
Iconic Pakistani TV producer Yawar Hayat Khan passes away. Yawar Hayat Khan, well known producer and director of Pakistan Television (PTV) has died. He was 73. He worked in PTV Lahore for about 40 years.
- Name the first woman from the Rewa division in UP to get selected in the Indian cricket squad at an age of 20?
Answer – B.Nuzhat Parveen
Madhya Pradesh’s 20-year-old Nuzhat Parveen aka Khushboo inducted into Indian cricket team. She became the first woman from the Rewa division to get selected in the Indian cricket squad. She could make her debut in T-20 against the West Indies on November 18. Nuzhat has also been also selected for the remaining two matches.
- What is the name of next-generation geostationary meteorological satellite has been launched by Japan?
Answer – C.Himawari-9
Japan launched a next-generation geostationary meteorological satellite “Himawari-9. The aim is to further improve weather services in the Asia-Pacific region. Himawari-9, is Japan’s ninth geostationary weather observatory since the first satellite in the Himawari, or sunflower, series launched in 1977.
- Which country has successfully launched the heavy-lift Long March 5 rocket into space ?
Answer – D.China
China’s powerful new heavy-lift rocket glided on its first flight bringing the nation one step closer to building its own space station in Earth orbit. Witnessed by hundreds, the rocket took off from the new Wenchang launch center in China’s southernmost province of Hainan, after being transported by sea from North China’s Tianjin. The rocket is particularly wider at five meters in diameter and capable of a payload of 25 tons in low earth orbit, more than double China’s previous rockets’ payload.
- Who has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer of the Multix utility vehicle manufacturer Eicher Polaris?
Answer – C.Pankaj Dubey
Eicher Polaris, a 50:50 joint venture between Eicher Motors and Polaris Industries Inc, has appointed Pankaj Dubey as its Chief Executive Officer. Dubey, who is also the Managing Director of Polaris India Ltd, will assume the position of CEO of Eicher Polaris Pvt Ltd with immediate effect.
- Which Bollywood Actor was named the first Indian ambassador for promoting 2017 Switzerland Tourism’s campaign- “Nature wants you back“?
Answer – B.Ranveer Singh
Bollywood Actor Ranveer Sing was named the first Indian ambassador for promoting 2017 Switzerland Tourism’s campaign- “Nature wants you back“. He was in a long vacation in Switzerland three months back.The actor is now looking forward to visiting Switzerland in winter early next year.
- Which sports person has been roped as brand ambassador of Equitas Small Finance Bank?
Answer – D.Ravichandran Ashwin
Tamil Nadu based private sector bank Equitas Small Finance Bank has roped in Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin as its brand ambassador for its products and services through advertising campaigns and other promotional programmes. This was announced by PN Vasudevan, MD at Equitas Small Finance Bank.
- Name the Indian lawyer has won a seat in the hotly-contested United Nations (UN) General Assembly elections for membership its top body of legal experts?
Answer – B.Aniruddha Rajput
Marking another milestone in the progress of India, a young Indian lawyer Aniruddha Rajput has won a seat in the hotly-contested United Nations (UN) General Assembly elections for membership its top body of legal experts, garnering the highest number of votes in the Asia-Pacific group. Aniruddha Rajput(33) is among the 34 individuals elected by the General Assembly as members of the International Law Commission, the UN organ tasked with the progressive development of international law and its codification.
- Which yojana has been launched by Union Government to provide free health check-ups to pregnant women at government health centers and hospitals?
Answer – D.PMSMA
Central Government of India launched the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA). It is to provide free health check-ups to pregnant women at government health centers and hospitals. Under the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan, the pregnant ladies will be given free health check-up and required treatment for free on 9th of every month. The scheme will be applicable for pregnant women to avail in all Government hospitals across the country.
- Anil Madhav Dave, Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has constituted a five-member team for conservation and management of which lake?
Answer – C.Loktak Lake
Anil Madhav Dave, Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has constituted a five-member team for conservation and management of Loktak Lake in Manipur. The team members are Dr. R Dalwani, S.P. Vashish, Dr H.K Badhola Chandan Singh and Brijesh Sikka.
- Which state Chief Minister has distributed 43,000 bicycles to class eleventh students under ‘Sabuj Sathi’scheme?
Answer – C.Mamata Banerjee
Explanation:West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee distributed 43,000 bicycles to class eleventh students of state-run, aided and sponsored schools under ‘Sabuj Sathi’ at Jamboni in West Midnapore. ‘Sabuj Sathi’ is a project wherein all school-going children in West Bengal will be gifted bicycles by the Government. It was announced by Mamata Banerjee in 2015. ‘Sabuj’, the word for ‘green’ also implies ‘children’ in Bengali, and ‘sathi’ means ‘companion’, hence ‘Sabuj Sathi’ or ‘children’s companion.’
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has given its approval for implementation of Price Support Scheme (PSS) for procurement of Groundnut in which state during the Kharif season 2016-17?
Answer – A.Gujarat
Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has given its approval for implementation of Price Support Scheme(PSS) for procurement of Groundnut in Gujarat during the Kharif season 2016-17. Price Support Scheme for Oil Seeds and Pulses , it was implemented through the National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd. (NAFED). It has directed NAFED and SFAC to initiate the procurement immediately at MSP + Bonus at Rs 4220/Qtl.
- What is the name of programme has been launched by Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal by flagging off 100 Information Education Communication (IEC) mobile vans?
A.Ensure and Protect
B.Beware and Safe
C.Aware and Care
D.Safe and Secure
Answer – C.Aware and Care
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal implemented the state government’s programme of ‘Aware and Care’ by flagging off 100 Information Education Communication (IEC) mobile vans. The basic aim of rolling out these vans was to inform people about the diseases like cancer, hepatitis-C, cervical cancer and the preventive measures to be taken to cure the patients suffering from these diseases in the early stages. This programme would also aim at creating awareness amongst the people about the diseases like dengue, chicken guniya, malaria with the focus on percepting them about personal hygiene and cleanliness of surrounding areas.
- Name the Chinese Buddhist pilgrim and scholar has stayed in Vijayawada to study Buddhist scriptures?
Answer – D.Xuan Zang
Chinese Buddhist pilgrim and scholar Xuan Zang stayed a pair of years in Bezawada (the old name of Vijayawada) to copy and study the Abhidhammapitakam, the last of the three pitakas (Pali for baskets) constituting the Pali canon, the sacred writtings of Theravada Buddhism. The writings of Xuan Zang about his travels in India are report of the life of the people in the 7th century. The Chinese government has used his work to establish that the relationship between India and China is 1,400 years old.
- Which country’s agreement on climate change entered into force, marking the first time that governments have agreed legally binding limits to global temperature rise?
Answer – C.Paris
The Paris agreement on climate change entered into force, marking the first time that governments have agreed legally binding limits to global temperature rise. The aim of more than two decades of often complex international negotiations on combating climate change – was hailed by nations and observers around the world. Under the agreement, all governments that have signed the agreement, which includes the US, China, India and the EU, now carry an duty to hold global warming to no more than 2C above pre-industrial levels.
- The first titanium project of India is being established by Saraf Group in which place of Odisha?
Answer – D.Ganjam
The plant one and only in the country and the first titanium project of India being established by Saraf Group in Ganjam district of Odisha started its test production, , would be ready for inauguration in the next few months. In the first phase, Saraf group has invested 350 crore rupees in this titanium project, which will produce titanium slag. Its raw material, ilmenite would be procured from Odisha Sands Complex (OSCOM), a unit of Indian Rare Earths Limited (IREL) in Ganjam district of Odisha as well as a private company which has its unit in Srikakulam of adjoining Andhra Pradesh.
- Central Government has canceled the three licenses of over _________ NGOs under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) for failing to apply for their renewal within the deadline.
Answer – D.11,000
Central Government has canceled the three licenses of over 11,000 NGOs under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) for failing to apply for their renewal within the deadline. The validity of FCRA registration of these NGOs had earlier been extended until October 31 by a home ministry order of March this year. The Home Ministry released a list of all NGOs that failed to honour the deadline, stating that their licence was deemed cancelled from first of this month.
- Which country has awarded eight scientists the Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water at the United Nations headquarters ?
Answer – A.Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia has awarded eight scientists the Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water at the United Nations headquarters in New York. 1.Creativity Prize: The team of Dr. Rita Colwell (University of Maryland at College Park) and Dr. Shafiqul Islam (Tufts University, USA). 2.Creativity Prize: Dr. Peter J. Webster (Georgia Institute of Technology, USA). 3.Surface Water Prize: Dr. Gary Parker (University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, USA) and so on.
- Name the Indian-origin researcher has won the German Green Talent award by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research?
Answer – C.Shamik Chowdhury
Shamik Chowdhury, a PhD student in environmental engineering from the National University of Singapore was among 25 scholars awarded for their innovative green ideas by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. Chowdhury’s research was based on green synthesis of 2D graphene nanosheets and their self-assembly into advanced 3D macrostructures for sustainable urban development. The aim is to make a city life more sustainable through green technologies that will be based on renewable raw material.
- Which actress would get the Golden Globes lifetime achievement award at the annual ceremony in January ?
Answer – D.Meryl Streep
Meryl Streep, considered as the finest actress of her generation, would get the Golden Globes lifetime achievement award at the annual ceremony in January was announced by the organizers. She was last nominated for a Golden Globe back in 2015 for her work in Into the Woods. Mary Louise “Meryl” Streep was born June 22, 1949 is an American actress and singer. Cited in the media as the “best actress of her generation. Streep is particularly known for her versatility in her roles, transformation into the characters she plays, and her accent adaptation.
- India signed agreement with which country to enhance collaboration in energy sector ?
Answer – C.Sweden
Power Minister Piyush Goyal and Ibrahim Baylan, Swedish Minister for Policy Coordination and Energy have agreed to enhance collaboration in energy sector with special focus on areas such as waste-to-energy, hydropower, smart metering and solar energy