AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 27 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Where was the 70-feet tall statue of Lord Buddha, the second tallest statue of Buddha in India, unveiled on 25thNovember 2018?
1) Philibit, Uttar Pradesh
2) Rajgir, Bihar
3) Shillong, Meghalaya
4) Kohima, Nagaland
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rajgir, Bihar
On November 25, 2018, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar unveiled a 70-feet tall statue of Lord Buddha at Rajgir in Nalanda district, Bihar. He also inaugurated a three-day Rajgir Mahotsava. This is the second tallest statue of Buddha in India. The statue is made of 45,000 cubic foot pink sandstone and has been installed above a 16-metre radius pedestal in the middle of Lake Ghora Katora.
- A 221-metre long statue of Lord Ram, which will be the world’s tallest statue, will be constructed in which district of Uttar Pradesh?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Ayodhya
On November 26, 2018, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath unveiled the finalized details for the construction of a 221-metre long statue of Lord Ram in Ayodhya. The height of the Ram statue would be 151 metres, its overhead umbrella would be 20 metres while the pedestal would be 50 metres. The combined height of the structure would thus be 221 metres, making it the world’s tallest statue. The statue will be made of bronze and will house a “modern museum” which will have history of Ayodhya and the entire “Ikshvaku Vansh” right from King Manu to the present status of “Ram Janmabhoomi”.
- Where was the five-day exhibition on “Our Vote- Our Future” inaugurated on 26th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Hyderabad
On November 26, 2018, Telangana Chief Electoral Officer Dr Rajat Kumar inaugurated a five-day exhibition on “Our Vote- Our Future” in Hyderabad. This exhibition was organized by the Regional Outreach Bureau of Information and Broadcasting Ministry. It aims to increase the polling percentage at least 10 per cent. 46 panels of photos were displayed depicting election process to prepare Telangana for polling which is going to be held on 7th December 2018.
- Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu laid the foundation stone for the Dera Baba Nanak-Karatarpur Sahib road corridor to connect Gurdaspur district of which Indian state to Pakistan, on November 26, 2018?
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Punjab
On November 26, 2018, Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu laid the foundation stone for the construction of the Dera Baba Nanak-Karatarpur Sahib road corridor in Punjab. The corridor will be developed by the National Highways Authority of India and funded by the Government of India. Kartarpur Sahib in Narowal district of Pakistan’s Punjab province is located across the Ravi River and is about four km from the Dera Baba Nanak shrine. Thus, building of the Kartarpur corridor will connect Gurdaspur district in Punjab, India, to Kartarpur in Pakistan, through the international border with Pakistan.
- Which state emerged as the top performing state under Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, according to the National Health Agency, on 23rd November 2018?
1) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Gujarat
On November 25, 2018, according to the National Health Agency, after 2 months of launch of Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, Gujarat has emerged as the top performer among the states under the scheme. As of November 23, Gujarat accounts for 26% of the total number of sanctioned hospital admissions under the scheme. Around 76,000 hospital admissions have been cleared in Gujarat since September 23, Tamil Nadu ranked second at 54,273 and Chhattisgarh third at 53,180 sanctioned hospitals. One reason behind Gujarat’s success is that it has already been implementing a similar scheme, known as the Mukhyamantri Amrutam ‘MA’ Yojana, since 2012. Karnataka and Maharashtra rank 4th and 5th closing off the top 5 ranks under the scheme.
- Noida and ______ are the two Indian cities that have been selected to participate in United Nations Global Sustainable Cities 2025 initiative in the “University City” category?
2) New Delhi
3) Greater Noida
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Greater Noida
On 25th November, 2018 the United Nations selected Noida and Greater Noida, twin cities in Gautam Buddh Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh,adjoining NewDelhi to participate in its Global Sustainable Cities 2025 initiative in the “University City” category ahead of Mumbai and Bengaluru which were also under UN’s consideration for the initiative, as the only invitee from India. The initiative aims to create 25 model cities across the world in five categories that will be fully compliant with the sustainable development goals by 2025. The twin cities have been formally invited to participate in the showcase ‘Race to Sustainability’ among 25 global cities which will be competing with elite university cities such as Cambridge, Palo Alto and Heidelberg. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 2030, also known as the Global Goals, were adopted in September 2015, by the UN General Assembly.
- Government had transferred over ____ rupees to 48.5 lakh mothers under Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana through direct benefit transfer till November 23, 2018, as per Centre for Digital Financial Inclusion (CDFI)?
1) Rs 1,600 crore
2) Rs 9,000 crore
3) Rs 5,000 crore
4) Rs 7,100 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 1,600 crore
On November 23, 2018, according to Centre for Digital Financial Inclusion (CDFI), the government had transferred over Rs 1,600 crore to 48.5 lakh mothers under Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana through direct benefit transfer. The exact figure is Rs 16,04,66,63,000 and the process have been conceptualized, designed and implemented by CDFI through the PMMVY-CAS (Common Application Software) System. According to the scheme, which became active from January 1, 2017, Rs 5,000 would be given in three installments to pregnant women and lactating mothers for the first child through Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT).
- How many agreements were signed between India and Vietnam in the fields of communications, education and trade and investment, during Indian President Ram Nath Kovind’s 3-day visit to Vietnam, from November 18-20, 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 4
On November 24, 2018, the President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind, along with the first Lady Savita Kovind and other dignitaries, concluded his 7-day maiden official visit to ASEAN country of Vietnam and Australia. After the meeting between the Presidents of the India and Vietnam, 4 agreements were signed in the fields of communications, education and trade and investment. They were:
• Ministry of Information and Communications of Vietnam and India’s Ministry of Communications for communication.
• Cooperation between the Department of Foreign Affairs of Provinces, Vietnam’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Indian Business Chamber in Vietnam.
• Ho Chi Minh National Academy of Politics in Hanoi and New Delhi’s Jawaharlal Nehru University for an educational agreement.
• The Confederation of Indian Industry(CII) and the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Where was Vietnam-India Business Forum held on 19th November 2018?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Hanoi, Vietnam
3) Mumbai, India
4) Ho Chi Minh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Hanoi, Vietnam
On November 19, 2018, President Ram Nath Kovind addressed the Vietnam-India Business Forum in Hanoi, Vietnam. In his address, he discussed the following: He invited Vietnam to collaborate in the flagship programmes like – Make In India, Clean India, Start-up India and Digital India.
- India will contribute additional _____ AUD matching funds over the next 4 years towards Australia India Strategic Research Fund?
1) AUD 10 million
2) AUD 20 million
3) AUD 30 million
4) AUD 15 million
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) AUD 10 million
On November 21, 2018, President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind paid a 4-day state visit to the Commonwealth of Australia at the invitation of the Governor General of the Commonwealth of Australia Sir Peter Cosgrove. On November 22, 2018, President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind held delegation level talks with Governor General of Australia Sir Peter Cosgrove in Sydney. In the meeting, President conveyed India’s decision to contribute additional AUD 10 million matching funds over the next 4 years towards Australia India Strategic Research Fund.
- Indian President Ram Nath Kovind addressed the Australian Financial Review India Business Summit held in _____, on 22nd November 2018?
1) Bengaluru, India
2) Canberra, Australia
3) Sydney, Australia
4) New Delhi, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Sydney, Australia
On November 22, 2018, Indian President Ram Nath Kovind delivered his address at the Australian Financial Review India Business Summit in Sydney, Australia. The India Business Summit 2018 organized by Australian Financial Review on India-Australia economic engagement. Here, the following took place: President welcomed Prime Minister Morrison’s proposal of “India Economic Strategy To 2035” to increase the Australian investment from current AUD 10 billion to 100 billion by 2035. He also attended the Australia-India Business Council dinner event hosted in his honour in Sydney.
- How many agreements were signed between India and Australia, during Indian President Ram Nath Kovind’s 4-day visit to Australia from November 21-24, 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 5
From November 21-24, 2018, President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind paid a 4-day state visit to the Commonwealth of Australia at the invitation of the Governor General of the Commonwealth of Australia Sir Peter Cosgrove. As part of President Kovind’s visit, 5 agreements have been concluded between India and Australia. These are:
• An agreement between the Department of Empowerment of persons with Disabilities, Government of India and the Department of Social Services , Government of Australia for cooperation in the area of disability and to deliver services to the differently-abled.
• An agreement between Invest India and Austrade to facilitate bilateral investment
• An agreement between the Central Mine Planning and Design Institute (CMPDI), based in Ranchi, and the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO),based in Canberra, for scientific collaboration and innovation
• An agreement between the Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University, Guntur, and the University of Western Australia, Perth, for cooperation in agricultural research and education
• A Joint PhD agreement between the Indraprashta Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (IIITD), and the Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Brisbane.
- Name the first state-run undertaking that won the CII-Exim Bank Business Excellence Award, for being a role-model organization, at the Quality Summit held in Bengaluru, on 24th November 2018?
1) Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
2) Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL)
3) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
4) Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL)
On November 24, 2018, Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) won the CII-Exim Bank Business Excellence Award, for being a role-model organization, at the Quality Summit held in Bengaluru. The Summit was organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). The company’s Bengaluru complex is the first state-run undertaking to be recognized as a role-model organization by the CII. 3 other BEL units at Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh, Chennai in Tamil Nadu and Machilipatnam in Andhra Pradesh received Platinum recognition for business excellence. These 4 units account for 80 per cent of the company’s business and employees.
- Which Indian actor led India to achieve a new Guinness World Record for ‘Most people holding the abdominal plank position’, at the Bajaj Allianz Life Plankathon, in Pune, on 25th November 2018?
1) Hrithik Roshan
2) Salman Khan
3) Shilpa Shetty Kundra
4) Kareena Kapoor
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Shilpa Shetty Kundra
On 25th November, 2018 bollywood actor and fitness enthusiast Shilpa Shetty Kundra led India to achieve a new title on the Guinness World Records as 2,353 people held the abdominal plank position for 60 seconds simultaneously at the Armed Forces Medical College ground in Pune. The record was made under the ‘Bajaj Allianz Life Plankathon’ event which was organised by Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company for promoting good health. The participants set a new Guinness World Records feat for ‘Most people holding the abdominal plank position’ together for one minute by breaking the earlier record created by China where 1,779 people held a plank for one minute. The record breaking Bajaj Allianz Life Plankathon was the finale event to the company’s very successful ‘#36SecPlankChallenge’ campaign in which individuals challenged their friends, family, and colleagues on social media to hold a plank for 36 seconds.
- Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System (RIMES) has termed the ____ Cyclone which hit the Coast of Odisha in October 2018, as the rarest of rare?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Titli
UN registered organization,The Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System (RIMES) has termed the Cyclone “Titli” which hits the Coast of Odisha in October as rarest of rare. The 45-Nation International Organisation on disaster warning, RIMES stated that the Cyclone is rarest of rare in more than 200 years of cyclone track history. More than 60 people were died and thousands of the people were affected by the Cyclone.
- Andaman & Nicobar Islands is home to over what percent of India’s total fauna species, as per ‘Faunal Diversity of Biogeographic Zones: Islands of India’ published by Zoological Survey of India?
1) 25 %
2) 10 %
3) 5 %
4) 30 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 10 %
According to a publication by the Zoological Survey of India titled ‘Faunal Diversity of Biogeographic Zones: Islands of India’, the Andaman & Nicobar Islands which comprises only 0.25% of country’s geographical area is home to 11,009 fauna species thereby putting the numbers of fauna species found in the Island to more than 10% of the country’s total fauna species. The presence of a large number of species in such a small area makes the Andaman and Nicobar Islands one of the richest ecosystems and biodiversity hot spots in India. Among the 46 terrestrial mammalian species found, three species have been categorised as Critically Endangered — Andaman shrew (Crocidura andamanensis), Jenkin’s shrew (C. jenkinsi) and Nicobar shrew (C. nicobarica). Five species are listed as Endangered, nine species as Vulnerable, and one species as Near Threatened, according to the IUCN.
- Name the Indian who won the Men’s singles title in the Syed Modi International Badminton Championship 2018 held in Lucknow from 20th to 25th November 2018?
1) Sameer Verma
2) Satwik Sairaj
3) Ranki Reddy
4) Anup Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Sameer Verma
From 20th to 25th November 2018, Badminton World Federation (BWF) Organized Syed Modi International Badminton Championship at the Babu Banaras Das Indoor Stadium in Lucknow, India with the total prize of $150,000. Syed Modi International is HSBC BWF World Tour Super 300 tournament named in the memory of the 1982 Commonwealth Games men’s singles Champion Syed Modi. On 25th November 2018, India’s 24 years old Sameer Verma won the Men’s single title by defeating China’s Lu Guangzu in the final to retain the title. One of the India’s greatest Badminton player, Saina Nehwal missed an opportunity to get Gold after her defeat against China’s Han Yue in Women’s Singles event. She has to satisfy with Silver Medal. India’s Satwiksairaj and Rankireddy got silver medal in the Men’s double event. They were defeated by Indonesia’s Men’s Pair of Fajar Alfian and Muhammad Rian Ardianto in the finals. In the Women’s double event India continues its good performance as India’s Women’s pair Ashwini Ponnappa and Reddy N. Sikki won Silver. They missed an opportunity of Gold with the defeat against Malaysia’s Chow Mei Kuan and Lee Meng Yean in the finals. India’s pair Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Ashwini Ponnappa has to settle with Bronze medal in the mixed double event.
- Who won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2018, the 21st and final race of the 2018 F1 calendar at the Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, on 25th November 2018?
1) Max Verstappen
2) Kimi Raikkonen
3) Sebastian Vettel
4) Lewis Hamilton
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Lewis Hamilton
On November 25th 2018, five-time world champion, Lewis Hamilton signed off the season in style and kept the Mercedes dominance by winning at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix — the 21st and final race of the 2018 F1 calendar at the Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi. The title is his 11th win of this year’s campaign and overall 73rd career win and is now 18 wins away from Michael Schumacher’s all-time record. The Briton became the first driver to score more than 400 points in a season with a final tally of 408. Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari and Max Verstappen of Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer were at 2nd and 3rd postion in the race. Other wins of Lewis Hamilton in 2018 are: Azerbaijan Grand Prix, Spanish Grand Prix, French Grand Prix, German Grand Prix, Hungarian Grand Prix, Italian Grand Prix, Singapore Grand Prix, Russian Grand Prix, Japanese Grand Prix and Brazilian Grand Prix.
- Name the Indian cricketer who has been named captain of the ICC (International Cricket Council) Women’s World Twenty20 XI?
1) Mithali Raj
2) Harmanpreet Kaur
3) Poonam Yadav
4) Smriti Mandhana
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Harmanpreet Kaur
On 26th November 2018, India’s batting star Harmanpreet Kaur was named captain of the ICC (International Cricket Council) Women’s World Twenty20 XI, which also featured opener Smriti Mandhana and leg-spinner Poonam Yadav. A selection panel of ICC in Dubai picked up the team on the basis of the players’ performances in the tournament, which concluded on 26thNovember 2018 with Australia winning the title. Three players from England, two from Australia and one each from Pakistan, New Zealand and the Windies have also been named in the eleven.
- MH Ambareesh who was popularly known as “Rebel Star” died following lung and Kidney infection in Bengaluru on 24th November 2018. He was an actor and a _____?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Politician
On 24th November 2018, Veteran Actor and Politician MH Ambareesh who was popularly known as “Rebel Star” died following lung and Kidney infection at the age of 66 in Bangalore. MH Ambareesh made his big screen debut in 1972 with the cut film “Naagarahaavu”. Karnataka Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy paid tribute to the veteran actor and politician. He had served as the Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting from 2006-2007 under former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
- When was the 69th Constitution day also known as Samvidhan Divas celebrated in India, to mark the day on which the Constitution of India was adopted?
1) November 27
2) November 26
3) November 25
4) November 24
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) November 26
On 26th November 2018, Constitution day which is also known as the Samvidhan Divas was celebrated across the country to mark the day on which the Constitution of India was adopted. While the adoption of the Constitution took place on November 26, 1949, it came into effect on January 26, 1950. On November 19, 2015 during the year-long celebration of the 125th birth anniversary of Dr BR Ambedkar, the Union Government declared November 26 as the Constitution Day in a gazette notification. This year for the first time, the Constitution in Braille will be collectively produced by the Buddhist Association for the blind and the Saavi Foundation and Swagat Thorat for the benefit of those who are visually challenged. A rally was also flagged-off from Amaravati as a part of ‘Bharata Rajyanga Gowrava Yatra’, in which 69 vehicles covered 500 kilometres to mark 69th Constitution Day and reached Rajamahendravaram on 26th November evening.
- India marked the 10th anniversary of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks in which 166 people were dead and over 300 people were injured, on ____?
1) November 24
2) November 23
3) November 25
4) November 26
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) November 26
On 26 November 2018, India marked 10th anniversary of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks in which 166 people were dead over 300 people were injured. India’s President, Shri Ram Nath Kovind paid tribute to the victims of the terror attacks. 10 terrorists of Lashkar-e-Taiba were involved in the Mumbai attacks which lasted for 10 days. US Announced a reward of $5 million for those who will help to finds the people involved in the Attack.
- When was National Milk Day celebrated in India, which marks the birth anniversary of father of white revolution Dr. Verghese Kurien?
1) November 23
2) November 26
3) November 25
4) November 24
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) November 26
National Milk Day is celebrated on 26 November in the memory of Dr. Verghese Kurien who was the architect of the “Operation Flood”, which was launched by National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) in year 1970. It is the programme which led India to become one of the largest producer of Milk and now India is self sufficient to meet its dairy needs. 26th November is the birthday of father of white revolution Dr. Verghese Kurien.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the President of Vietnam?Nguyen Phu Trong
- Name the Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL)?M.V. Gowtama
- Where is Kaimur Wild Life Sanctuary located?Bihar
- Who is the Governor of Punjab?V.P Singh Badnore
- Name the CEO of UN Global Sustainability Index Institute (UNGSII), based in Vaduz, Liechtenstein?Roland Schatz