Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs November 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which Indian city has been ranked among the “World’s Top Trending Tourists Destinations” for the year 2017 as per the survey of leading website Booking.com?
D.HyderabadAnswer – B.Mumbai
The Financial Capital of India, Mumbai has been ranked among the World’s top Tourists destinations for 2017. According to a survey, Mumbai, recorded increased volume of tourists and greater than average growth in bookings, as well as the most searched destinations in comparison to last year.
- P.M. Modi during his Punjab visit on 25 November 2016 on the 350th birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh laid the foundation stone of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at which of the following district of Punjab?
D.BhatindaAnswer – D.Bhatinda
Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Punjab on November 25, 2016 to attend a function marking the 350th birth anniversary of tenth Sikh Guru Gobind Singh ji at Sri Anandpur Sahib in Rupanagar district. During the visit, Mr Modi also laid the foundation stone of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Bathinda.
- According to a study conducted by Swiss researchers on ‘The impact of climate change in the Himalayas’ which power project in Himalayan Glaciers would fears chances of floods?
A.Thermal Power Projects
B.Hydro Power Projects
C.Nuclear Power Projects
D.All of theseAnswer – B.Hydro Power Projects
A study was conducted by Swiss researchers on ‘The impact of climate change in the Himalayas’. The study revealed
that the ‘potential hydro power projects in the Himalayan region would face chances of increased floods from the formation of new lakes and the expansion of existing ones due to melting glaciers’.
- Who is the head of the committee formed by central government in New Delhi on November 25, 2016 to Develop Digital Payment Platform for all Government-Citizen Transactions?
A.Ratan P Watal
C.M. Veerappa Moily
D.AK JhaAnswer – B.Amitabh Kant
The Central Government has constituted a committee in New Delhi on November 25, 2016 to develop a digital payments option for the payment of all government-citizen transactions to flush out black money and corruption from the country. The Committee will be headed by NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant.
- Ministry of Culture on November 25, 2016, released a commemoration coin of Rs ___ and circulation coin of Rs ___ to mark year-long celebration of 500th Anniversary of Shri Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu at Vrindawan?
D.1000, 5Answer – A.500, 10
Shri Narendra Kumar Sinha, Secretary, Ministry of Culture released a Commemorative Non-Circulation Coin of Rs.500 and a Circulation Coin of Rs.10 on November 25, 2016, to mark a year-long celebration of “500th Anniversary of Shri Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu’s Coming to Vrindavan” .
- Indian railways will introduced which system to check collisions between tracks to reduce train accidents by keeping a record of the track maintenance and will also provide better visibility during foggy days?
D.Track SaverAnswer – B.Tri-Netra
Indian Railways is set to launch “Tri-Netra (Terrain Imaging for diesel drivers infrared, enhanced optical and radar assisted system)” to check collisions between tracks.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)on November 23, 2016 has relaxed the norms for _____________ to boost more investment for newstart-ups in the country?
D.Peer-to-peer lendersAnswer – C.Angel Investors
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on November 23, 2016, has relaxed the rules for angel funds in order to boost more investment for new start-ups in the country.
- ESAF’s small finance bank headquarterd at Thrissur, Kerala has selected which of the following institution as their bank’s technology partner?
A.Fidelity National Information Services Inc(FIS)
B.L & T Finance Limited
C.Finance Integration System
D.Birla Global Finance LimitedAnswer – A.Fidelity National Information Services Inc(FIS)
India’s largest microfinance providers ESAF selected FIS as the bank’s technology partner to launch ESAF’s small finance bank. FIS will provide a fully integrated banking and payments platform through a totally outsourced delivery model, which switchi .
- South Indian Bank launched ‘Near Field Communication’ (NFC) technology based contactless debit card on November 2, 2016. Where is the headquarter of South Indian Bank located?
D.Andhra PradeshAnswer – A.Kerala
Kerala based South Indian Bank has launched contactless debit card which is based on Near Field Communication (NFC) technology on November 2, 2016.
- German based BSH Household Appliances Group has opened India’s first technology centre on 25 November 2016 in which place?
D.KolkataAnswer – C.Bengaluru
Europe’s largest manufacturer of home appliances, BSH Household Appliances Grouphas opened India’s first technology centre at Adugodi in Bengaluru on November 25, 2016. This centre will help BSH to further develop localised technologies for the Indian market and to become the heart of product development for the Asia Pacific region as well as emerging countries in South America and Africa.
- World’s largest Online homestay marketplace Airbnb signed MOU with the Self-Employed Women’s Association of India (SEWA) on 23 November 2016 for which purpose?
A.To open new women-only hospitals
B.To promote education of poor women in urban areas
C.To train women in vehicle driving
D.To promote tourism in rural areasAnswer – D.To promote tourism in rural areas.
The world’s largest online homestay marketplace Airbnb signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Self-Employed Women’s Association of India (SEWA) on November 23, 2016 to promote tourism in rural areas.
- Who won the Best Performance Award by an Actor at the 10th Asia Pacific Screen Awards, held in Brisbane on November 24, 2016?
B.Sushant Singh Rajput
D.Manoj BajpayeeAnswer – D.Manoj Bajpayee
Bollywood actor Manoj Bajpayee on November 24, 2016 won the Best Performance Award by an Actor at the 10th Asia Pacific Screen Awards, held in Brisbane. Manoj was awarded for his role as Professor Siras in “Aligarh”, directed by Hansal Mehta, a powerful and personal drama based on true events.
- Name the Chancellor of Nalanda University who has resigned from his post on 25 November 2016.
A.Goh Chok Tong
D.Lee Hsien LoongAnswer – C.George Yeo
The Chancellor of Nalanda University resigned his post on November 25, 2016.He was taken this decision because of autonomy in the university.
- Name the first women who has been appointed as the Director of Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) at Mussoorie?
D.Anandi ChowdharyAnswer – B.Upma Chowdhary
Former IAS officer Upma Chowdhary was appointed as the Director of Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) at Mussoorie.She will replace Rajeev Kapoor.
- Name the 7th ship of the series of eight Landing Craft Utility Ships that was launched by Indian Navy on 24 November 2016 at Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE), Kolkata.
D.LCU-L77Answer – C. LCU-L57
Indian Navy launched the seventh ship of the LCU MK IV project, LCU-L57 on 24 November 2016 at a ceremony at Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE), KolkatA.The ship will be extremely useful for joint operations carried out by the Indian Navy and Indian Army for ensuring maritime security and protection of remote islands
- Name the hurricane that hit the Central America regions on November 24, 2016 simultaneously with a powerful earthquake.
D.Hurricane PaulaAnswer – A.Hurricane Otto
Two natural disasters including a powerful hurricane and an offshore earthquake hit the Central America simultaneously on November 24, 2016 in Nicaragua, El Salvador and Costa RicA.Initially 175 km per hour destruction storm, Hurricane Otto, hit Nicaragua’s southern Caribbean coast. An hour later, an earthquake, with a magnitude of 7.0 hit El Salvador in the Pacific Ocean.
- Which state has renamed Chief Minister’s Trophy for Football and Volleyball after martyred Hangpan Dada(Indian Army)?
D.ManipurAnswer – A.Arunachal Pradesh
The Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh, Pema Khandu, on November 24, 2016, adopted a decision to rename the Chief Minister’s Trophy for Football and Volleyball (men’s and women’s) after martyr Hangpan Dada.The decision was taken during the State Development Council (SDC) meeting convened under his chairmanship
- What is the rank of Olympics silver medal winning shuttler P.V Sindhu in the latest BWF Badminton ranking as on 25 November 2016?
D.11Answer – B.9
P.V Sindhu has been ranked 9th in the latest BWF World Badminton Women ranking. She umped 2 positions from 11th rank to reach 9th spot. While former world number 1 Saina Nehwal, slipped 5 places to reach 11th spot in the ranking.
- Maha Haddioui who is the first professional golfer from Arab region who will play in the Ladies European Tour in the Qatar Ladies Open 2016 hails from which Arab country?
B.United Arab Emirates (UAE)
D.MoroccoAnswer – D.Morocco
Maha Haddioui a golfer from Morocco turned professional golfer in 2011. She is the first professional golfer from Arab region who will play in the Ladies European Tour in the Qatar Ladies Open 2016 to be held between 23 November 2016 and 26 November 2016 in Doha, Qatar
- Book titled “Rajiv Gandhi assasin, hidden truths, Priyanka meeting Nalini” which was released on November 24, 2016 is an autobiography of?
D.JayakumarAnswer – A.Nalini Sriharan
An autobiography of Nalini Sriharan, titled “Rajiv Gandhi assasin, hidden truths, Priyanka meeting Nalini” was released on November 24, 2016 by MDMK founder Vaiko in Chennai in the presence of various pro-Tamil leaders including VCK leader Thol Thirumavalavan.The book has been compiled and penned by journalist and writer Pa Ekalaivan.
- Dileep Padgaonkar who passed away on November 25, 2016 the age of 72 was related to which field?
D.NeurosurgeonAnswer – C.Journalist
Veteran journalist and a well-known author and former editor of Times Of India, Dileep Padgaonkar died at a private hospital in Pune on November 25, 2016 the age of 72. Padgaonkar began his career in journalism at the age of 24 as the Paris correspondent of The Times of India and later in 1988, he was appointed the editor.
- Name the freedom fighter who was also the part of Quit India Movement who passed away at 94 in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
A.Bhikari Charan Mohanty
B.Rash Behari Bose
D.Sagarmal GopaAnswer – A. Bhikari Charan Mohanty
Eminent freedom fighter Bhikari Charan Mohanty passed away in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.He was 94.He was known among the freedom fighters for his revolutionary songs and Mohaty’s last performance were performed at Krushnanagar village in Jajpur district.
- When is the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women celebrated?
D.26 NovemberAnswer – B.25 November
Every year on November 25 the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women is celebrated to ensure that women around the world lives in a world free of violence and fear.