AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 24 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Where did the Prime Minister of India,Shri Narendra Modi Lays the foundation of City Gas Distribution(CGD) Project for 129 districts under the 9th CGD bidding round?
2) New Delhi
5) None of these.Answer – 2) New Delhi
On November 22, 2018, Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for City Gas Distribution(CGD) in 129 districts of 18 states under the 9th CGD bidding round, at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.This would cover over a quarter of India’s population. i. 78 out of the 86 Geographical Area’s put on offer in the 9th round of bidding, were awarded licenses by Downstream regulator Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB).These were awarded to Adani Gas, Indian Oil Corp (IOC), Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) and Torrent Gas. Out of this, he laid foundation stones for work in 65 Geographical Area’s,in 129 districts.He also launched the 10th round of bidding for award of city gas licenses in 124 new districts, which have been clubbed into 50 Geographical Areas (GAs).Thus after the 10th round,More than 400 districts would be covered under the City Gas Distribution network, covering around seventy percent of the population.CNG stations too would more than double to 10,000 and
Piped cooking gas connections would reach 2 crore.
- With Which Country India had decided to set up the hotline to combat smuggling, improve border management and facilitate trade?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Nepal
On November 21, 2018,India and Nepal decided to set up a hotline to ensure effective coordination to combat smuggling, improve border management and facilitate trade.The decision was made by :Chief of India’s Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, D P Dash and
Director General, Customs, Nepal, Toyam Raya.It was decided at the 2-day-19th annual Indo-Nepal Director General-level talks in Kathmandu which held on November 19-20, 2018.
- What is the theme of the 50th Union World Conference on Lung Health,which is to be held next year in Hyderabad,India?
1) A New Agenda: Lung Health beyond 2015
2) Accelerating toward elimination
3) Declaring Our Rights: Social and Political Solutions
4) Ending the Emergency: Science, Leadership, Action
5) None of these.Answer – 4) Ending the Emergency: Science, Leadership, Action
On November 23, 2018, the International Union against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union) released the agenda to host the 4-day 50th Union World Conference on Lung Health in Hyderabad on 30 October – 2 November 2019. The conference theme will be: “Ending the Emergency: Science, Leadership, Action”.It would be held after the first ever United Nations (UN) High-Level Meeting on TB and the third UN High-Level Meeting on non-communicable diseases.The Indian government has committed to eliminate TB in India by 2025.This year the conference held in The Hague,Netherlands.
- As per the 6th Edition of India Skills Report,Which State/Union Territory topped in the employability Rate?
1) New Delhi
2) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of these.Answer – 2) Andhra Pradesh
On November 23, 2018, as per the 6th edition & 2019 version of India Skills Report, Andhra Pradesh topped the list of states with the highest employability followed by Rajasthan and Haryana.The report was launched in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.Andhra Pradesh is one of the preferred hiring destinations in India, with the highest employability in India.Employability has risen to 47%, with female employability at 46% and male participation at 48%.It is high in B.Tech/ B.E. whereas that of MBAs are low.Growth can be seen in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities despite absence of IITs and IIMs.It was a joint initiative of Wheebox, a Global Talent Assessment Company, PeopleStrong, a leading HR Tech Company and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).It was supported and backed by renowned partners like United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Association of Indian Universities (AIU).The sixth edition of India Skills Report test was spread out to 5200 Universities and Professional Institutions in India. 3 lakh students across 29 States and 7 Union Territories were tested.
- Gujarat Government had launched the project worth Rs.351 Crore for the Conservation of which animal after the outbreak of Canine Distemper Virus (CDV) on 20th November 2018?
2) Asiatic Lion
4) Snow Leopard
5) None of these.Answer – 2) Asiatic Lion
On November 20, 2018, the Gujarat government launched Rs 351 Crore project for the conservation of the Asiatic lions for next five years, after the Canine Distemper Virus (CDV) outbreak,that claimed 23 Asiatic lions lives in their only dwelling Gir National park in Saurashtra.The project also includes an emergency ambulance van akin to the 108 emergency service.It also includes a ‘state of the art’ veterinary hospital to be built at Rs 50 crore in Sasan Gir region.Additionally, a special veterinary cadre of 120 personnel will be created for the conservation of lions. Also, special breeding centres would be created for near-extinct bird species like the Great Indian Bustard and vultures.It was also decided to set up five Safari Parks. They are:A lion safari will come up at Gandhinagar,A Tiger Safari at Kevadia near the Statue of Unity and 2 leopard safari parks will be set up in Mandvi in Surat district and Dangs in South Gujarat.
- 4 day 12th biennial World Congress on Mountain Medicine under the theme“Mountain Medicine in the Heart of the Himalayas”held in which country?
3) Washindon D.C,U.S
5) None of these.Answer – 1) Kathmandu,Nepal
On November 21, 2018, 4-day 12th biennial World Congress on Mountain Medicine commenced in Kathmandu, Nepal. The theme of the congress was “Mountain Medicine in the Heart of the Himalayas”.The flagship event of the International Society for Mountain Medicine (ISMM) was held for the first time in Nepal and hosted by Mountain Medicine Society of Nepal (MMSN).
- Which Insurance Company will set up the remote Sensing lab for crop insurance?
1) Life Insurance Corporation of India
2) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
3) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
4) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
5) None of these.Answer – 4) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
On November 23, 2018, HDFC ERGO General Insurance set up a remote sensing lab for crop insurance.This will help in early detection of information and will be used to alert the farmers.The lab will work accurately for assessing the risks of the insurers and will also be able to give early warnings about the losses.Furthermore, a specialist in the area of remote sensing are hired to look into the data and assess the information so that predictions can be made.This will enable scanning of the area through the use of satellite to get better information of the region.HDFC ERGO was one of the first non-life insurers to use drones on a pilot basis to look into estimate losses from any catastrophic events for the crop areas that they covered.
- European Investment Bank (EIB) had agreed to cooperate with Which Bank for EUR 600 million renewable energy financing programme for supporting large-scale solar investment across the country?
1) State Bank of India
2) HDFC Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) None of these.Answer – 1) State Bank of India
On November 23, 2018,1st offshore wind investment conference held in New Delhi,During which the European Investment Bank (EIB) and State Bank of India (SBI) agreed to cooperate on financing renewable energy and wind energy projects across India.This collaboration will be under the dedicated EUR 600 million renewable energy financing programme which supports large-scale solar investment across the country.EIB also approved a new line of credit worth USD 100 million to Yes Bank to boost private investment in clean energy projects.
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank will be treated as Public Sector Undertaking(PSU) because it has brought under the purview of the ___________ act under the guide lines of Chief Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) and the State Legislature?
1) Banking Regulation Act
2) Right to Information (RTI) Act
3) Negotiable Instrument Act
4) The State Financial Corporations Act
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Right to Information (RTI) Act
On November 23, 2018, as per the Chief Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) guidelines and the State Legislature, the Jammu and Kashmir bank was brought under the purview of the Right to Information (RTI) act.The decision was taken by the State Administrative Council (SAC) chaired by Governor Satya Pal Malik.The objective of the decision was to strengthen better corporate governance.As per the proposal, hereafter, the J&K Bank Limited will be treated as a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU).It shall be accountable to the State Legislature like other state PSUs and the Annual Report of the bank shall be placed before the State Legislature through the State Finance Department.It is the only state government promoted bank in the country, with the Jammu and Kashmir government currently holding 59.3 per cent of the shares.
- United Nation Environment awarded which entity with Asia Environment Enforcement Awards, 2018 for combating transboundary environmental crime?
1) National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA)
2) Indian Board for Wildlife(IBWL)
3) Wildlife Institute of India (WII)
4) Wildlife Crime Control Bureau (WCCB)
5) None of these.Answer – 4) Wildlife Crime Control Bureau (WCCB)
On November 22, 2018, United Nation Environment awarded Wildlife Crime Control Bureau (WCCB), Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India with the 3rd Asia Environment Enforcement Awards, 2018 for combating transboundary environmental crime.Decided by a selection panel set up by the UN Environment, this is the second time in a row India is the recipient of the awards are being given by UN Environment.The 2018 Awards are presented by UN Environment in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, INTERPOL, USAID, Freeland Foundation, and the Government of Sweden.It publicly recognizes and celebrates excellence in enforcement by government officials and institutions/teams combating transboundary environmental crime in Asia.The 2018 edition had the theme of “Fighting Transboundary environmental crime”.Overall 9 winners were selected for various categories.
- Who was awarded with the Lifetime Achievement Award in the 8th Forbes India Leadership Awards (FILA) under the theme “Celebrating Achievers and their remarkable journeys against all odds”?
2) Azim Premji
3) Sanjiv Mehta
4) Gayathri Vasudevan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Azim Premji
On November 23, 2018, the 8th Forbes India Leadership Awards (FILA) was released in Mumbai. The award has 9 categories to acknowledge the outstanding contributions of CEOs, entrepreneurs and business leaders of diverse backgrounds.Theme of the Award was: “Celebrating Achievers and their remarkable journeys against all odds.The winners and their categories are as follows:
Lifetime Achievement Award: Azim Premji,Chairman, Wipro Limited.
Best Company—Public Sector award: Energy Efficiency Services Limited.
Best CEO–MNC: Sanjiv Mehta, HUL.
Best CEO—Private Sector: Rajeev Jain,Bajaj Finance.
Entrepreneur of the Year: Vivek Chaand Sehgalof Motherson Sumi.
Outstanding Start-up Award: R Narayan Founderand CEO, Power2SME.
GenNext Entrepreneur: Adar Cyrus Poonawalla, CEO, Serum Institute of India.
Entrepreneur with Social Impact: Gayathri Vasudevan, CEO, LabourNet Services India.
Conscious Capitalist Company of the Year: Narayana Health.
- Name the Award distributed by the Honorable Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu to celebrate the best and brightest young scientists in India on 22nd November 2018?
1) Albert Einstein World Award of Science
2) National Medal of Technology and Innovation
3) National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI)-Scopus Young Scientist Awards
4) Barnard Medal for Meritorious Service to Science
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI)-Scopus Young Scientist Awards
On 22nd November 2018,Honorable Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu, distributed the 12th National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI)-Scopus Young Scientist Awards 2018 at a gala ceremony held at Vigyan Bhawan in the nation’s capital New Delhi.This year’s award is a joint collaboration between Elsevier and National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI) to celebrate the best and brightest young scientists in India, whose works cut across a broad spectrum of key research disciplines such as the “Make in India”, “Digital India”, “Healthy India” and “Clean India” initiatives. Each award winner received a citation and a plaque, along with a cash prize of INR 75,000.The winners of the awards include:
Awards Winners Agriculture, Plant Sciences and Rural Development Dr. Jitender Giri, National Institute of Plant Genome Research, New Delhi Biomedical Research and Healthcare Dr. Maddika Subba Reddy, Group Leader and Staff Scientist- V, CDFD, Hyderabad Environmentally Sound Sustainable Development Dr. Vimal Chandra Srivastava, Indian Institute of Technology-Roorkee, Roorkee Innovation in Engineering and Physical Sciences Dr. Ajay S. Karakoti, Associate Professor, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad Women in Science Dr. Zhumur Ghosh, Bose Institute, Kolkata
- UNICEF appointed Popular Assamese Singer as the first ‘Youth Advocate’ of the north eastern region,What is the name of the Person?
1) Hima Das
2) Nahid Afrin
3) Miryam Cunduri
4) Millie Bobby Brown
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Nahid Afrin
On 22nd November, 2018 popular Assamese singer, Nahid Afrin was appointed as the first ‘Youth Advocate’ of the north eastern region by the United Nations Children’s Fund, (UNICEF) to fight for child rights at an event held in Guwahati. Nahid Afrin from Biswanath Chariali, Assam made her playback debut in 2016 in the Bollywood film Akira, starring Sonakshi Sinha and won several awards.The 17-year-old Nahid received the best female playback singer award at the Assam state Film Award 2018.UNICEF India also appointed Hima Das as India’s Youth Ambassador on 15th Nov 2018.
- Who is appointed as the MD and CEO of State Bank of Mauritius (SBM)?
1) Sidharth Rath
2) Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
3) Sandeep Bakhshi
4) Shyam Srinivasan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Sidharth Rath
On 21st November 2018,State Bank of Mauritius (SBM) has appointed Sidharth Rath as the Managing Director & CEO of SBM Bank (India). Before this he was working with Axis Bank as Group Executive and Head of Corporate, Transaction Banking and International Banking.SBM Bank (India) has been recently granted licence by the RBI to carry on business as a scheduled commercial bank under the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, with effect from 1st December.It claims to be the first foreign bank to have been granted a universal banking licence under RBI’s wholly-owned subsidiary scheme. Currently SBM Bank has a total of four branches across Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad and Ramachandrapuram.
- For the First Time in its history Apollo Tyres had appointed ___________ as its Brand Ambassador?
1) Virat Kohli
3) Alia Bhatt
4) Sachin Tendulkar
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Sachin Tendulkar
On 22nd November, 2018, leading tyre maker Apollo Tyres has roped in the cricketing icon Sachin Tendulkar as its brand ambassador for the period of 5 years. This is for the first time that the company has associated itself with a celebrity as the face of its brand. Apollo Tyres also sponsors the English Premier League club – Manchester United besides German football club Borussia Monchengladbach. In Indian football leagues, the company is the principal sponsor of Chennaiyin FC of Indian Super League and title sponsor of Minerva Punjab FC of I-League.Earlier Sachin Tendulkar was associated with MRF for over two decades which is now endorsed by Indian team Captain Virat Kohli.Apart from Apollo Tyres, Tendulkar is also the brand Ambassador for BMW in India.
- On 21st November 2018,Didier Drogba announced his retirement after a 20 years of his Career.He belongs to Which sport?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Football
On 21st November 2018, 40 years old Former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba announced his retirement after a career of 20 years. He began his career at French side Le Mans in 1998. Irovian Footballer, Didier Drogba had been playing for Phoenix Rising in United States. He had won four Premier League titles in his 20 years career. Didier Drogba had made 100 appearances for Ivory Coast. He has also voted African Footballer of the year twice.He also won the Premier League Golden Boot in 2006-07 and 2009-10.
- Name the Sangeet Natak Akademi Awardee and the Noted Musician who passed away on November 23rd,2018?
1) Ustad Vilayat Khan
2) Ustad Imrat Khan
3) Ustad Enayat Khan
4) Ustand Abdul Khan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ustad Imrat Khan
On 23rd November 2018,Indian classical music doyen, Ustad Imrat Khan, a musical virtuoso of the sitar and surbahar, has passed away in St Louis, United States at the age of 83 after a stroke. The son of Ustad Enayat Khan and younger brother of Ustad Vilayat Khan, Ustad Imrat Khan was a legend in his own right.In 1988, Imrat Khan received a Sangeet Natak Akademi Award from the president of India.In 2017, he was conferred with the Padma Shri, however he refused to accept the award stating “It is too little and came little too late” as several of his juniors and those who trained under him were presented with Padma awards earlier.
- When was the Communal Harmony Campaign and Fund Raising Week observed,which is organized by the National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH)?
1) 18th to 24th November
2) 19th to 25th November
3) 20th to 26th November
4) 17th to 23th November
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 19th to 25th November
On November 19, 2018, National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH), an autonomous organization under Home Ministry, started observing the Communal Harmony Campaign and Fund Raising Week from 19th to 25th November 2018.
Flag Day was celebrated on November 22, 2018.
i. As a part of the celebrations,
Programmes were conducted to promote the ethos of Communal Harmony and National Integration,The programme was presided over by Shri Manoj Pant, Secretary, NFCH,
Publicity material like Flag stickers, wrappers, posters, brochures, pamphlets etc. were dispatched to about 1.23 lakh units for the occasion all over the country during year 2018,
Out of these one Lakh units were educational institutions,Six children, two from Jammu & Kashmir and one each from Gujarat, Manipur, Bihar and Chhattisgarh, were invited by the Foundation.
- Name the First Sikh Guru,whose 549th birth anniversary is celebrated on 23rd November 2018?
1) Guru Nanak
2) Guru Amar Das
3) Guru Ram Das
4) Guru Angad
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Guru Nanak
On November 23, 2018, 549th Guru Nanak Jayanti or Gurpurab and Kartik Purnima was celebrated all over the country.The day marks the birth of the first Sikh Guru, Guru Nanak, who laid the foundation of Sikhism.Kartik is the eighth lunar month as per the Hindu calendar and is considered the holiest month among all lunar months.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the Capital and the Currency of Nepal?Capital: Kathmandu,Currency: Nepalese rupee.
- Who is the Chairman of HDFC ERGO General Insurance?Mr. Deepak S. Parekh.
- Where is the Headquarter of SEBI Located?Mumbai
- Who is the Governor of Assam?Jagdish Mukhi
- Who is the President of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)?C.K. Khanna