Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs November 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which Constituent Assembly became the first e-assembly constituency of the country by adopting E-Vidhan system on 22 November 2016?
A.Palampur Assembly Constituency
B.Palam Vihar Assembly Constituency
C.Palamgarh Assembly Consituency
D.Palamganj Assembly ConstituencyAnswer – A.Palampur Assembly Constituency
The Palampur Assembly Constituency in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh has adopted E-Vidhan system and became the first e-assembly constituency of the country which, making the House Business paperless.
- Which state government in India has made it compulsory for all four-wheeler vehicles in the state to install an auto dipper in the vehicles according to the Rule 106 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989 ?
D.GujaratAnswer – C.Haryana
Haryana government has made it compulsory for all four-wheeler vehicles in the state to install an auto dipper in the vehicles according to the Rule 106 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989 to ensure safety measures.
- Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) headed by PM Modi, gave its approval of buying 12 Dornier surveillance aircraft Do-228 for Indian Navy on 23 November 2016. The total cost of these aircraft is
A.Rs 3,000 Crore
B.Rs 2,500 Crore
C Rs 4,200 Crore
D Rs 2,000 CroreAnswer – B.Rs 2,500 Crore
PM Modi lead Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) gave its nod to buy 12 upgraded Dornier surveillance aircraft for Indian Navy at a cost of about Rs 2,500 crore on November 23, 2016. Modified Dornier aircraft Do-228 will be manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) at its Transport Aircraft Division (TAD) in Kanpur.
- The Fifth International Tourism Mart that is organized in the North Eastern region of India is to be held between 23-25 November 2016 in which Indian state ?
D.GuwahatiAnswer – A.Manipur
The three-day of the fifth edition of International Tourism Mart event organized in the capital of Manipur, Imphal and was inaugurated by Chief Minister of the state, Okram Ibobi Singh, and will be held between November 23– 25 2016.
- South Korea on 23 November 2016 signed a controversial intelligence deal to share defence intelligence on North Korea, with which country?
D.The PhilippinesAnswer – B.Japan
Japan and South Korea signed a controversial agreement on November 23, 2016 to share defence intelligence on North Korea.In 2012 both counties were signed an intelligence-sharing deal , but Seoul backtracked at the time itself.
- Airtel Payments Bank Ltd, a subsidiary of Bharti Airtel, has started its pilot operation of first payment bank unit in which Indian state on November 23, 2016?
D.PunjabAnswer – C.Rajasthan
Airtel Payments Bank Ltd (Airtel Bank), a subsidiary of the country’s largest telecom operator Bharti Airtel, started its first pilot banking services in Rajasthan from November 23, 2016. The banking service is aimed at testing systems and processes before a full scale pan Indian is launched.
- A loan of how much amount has been sanctioned by NABARD for farmer welfare in Rabi season to be distributed by theDistrict Central Cooperative Banks (DCCBs)
A.Rs 17,000 crore
B.Rs. 27,000 crore
C.Rs. 21,000 crore
D.Rs. 25,000 croreAnswer – C.Rs 21,000 crore
NABARD has sanctioned Rs. 21,000 crores to the District Central Cooperative Banks (DCCBs) to help farmers in Rabi agricultural seasons.
- Which bank of Brunei has signed a deal with India’s Ramco Systems for ERP integrated solution?
B.Perbadanan Tabung Amanah Islam Brunei
C.Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam Berhad
D.Autoriti Monetari Brunei DarussalamAnswer – C.Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam Berhad
Brunei’s largest bank Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam Berhad has signed a deal with India’s Ramco Systems to integrate its business processes across HR and enterprise resource planning functions with Ramco Systems’ Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- As per the 7th Global Wealth Report issued by the Credit Suisse Research Institute the global wealth of the world has ________ by____ in 2016?
D.Decreased, 1.4%Answer – B.Increased, 1.4%
The 7th Global Wealth Report, issued by the Credit Suisse Research Institute says that global wealth has risen by 1.4% i.e USD 3.5 trillion to USD 256 trillion. However in India the household wealth has decreased by 0.8% i.e $26 billion to $3,099 billion in 2016.
- Which country has agreed to import Indian basmati and non-basmati rice from 17 registered mills in India after proper inspection?
D.DubaiAnswer – B.China
China has confirmed its decision to import rice from 17 registered mills in India to ensure market access to Indian products in ChinA.China will import both basmati and non-basmati rice from the mills located in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
- BHEL commissioned the second unit of 4×93 MW steam turbine-based captive power plant on November 23, 2016 at Hazira, Gujarat. The power plant is owned by?
B.Gujarat state government
C.Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL)
D.Adani GroupAnswer – C.Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL)
BHEL commissioned a second unit of the 4×93 MW steam turbine-based captive power plant (CPP) for Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) on November 23, 2016 at Hazira in Gujarat. From this BHEL has added 600 MW capacity in its CPP segment in the current fiscal till date.
- President Barack Obama awarded the United States highest civilian award ‘Presidential Medal of Freedom’ in White House on 22 November 2016 to how many people?
D.21Answer – D.21
President Barack Obama awarded the United States highest civilian award ‘Presidential Medal of Freedom’ to 21 outstanding actors, musicians, athletes and innovators who inspired him over the years on November 22, 2016 in the White House East Room.
- Which sole bollywood actress has been named in the BBC’s list of 100 most influential women 2016 ?
D.Aishwarya Rai BachchanAnswer – B.Sunny Leone
The famous Bollywood Actor Sunny Leone and 4 other Indian women have been named in the BBC’s list of 100 most influential women 2016.
- Which Indian journalist has been honored at CPJ’s annual International Press Freedom Awards 2016 held on 22 November 2016 in New York City, for reporting from the Naxal-hit Bastar area, in Chhattisgarh?
D.Shereen BhanAnswer – A.Malini Subramaniam
Malini Subramaniam, an Indian journalist has been conferred with the International Press Freedom Award by the Committee to Protect Journalists(CPJ) for her reporting from the Naxal-hit Bastar area, in Chhattisgarh.Three more journalist were also honoured including Oscar Martinez of El Salvador, Turkey’s Can Dundar and Abou Zeid of Egypt.
- Who has been appointed the new chairman of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) on November 23, 2016?
A.Yuvraj Singh Malik
B.Yogvir Singh Malik
C.Yudhvir Singh Malik
D.Yograaj Singh MalikAnswer – C.Yudhvir Singh Malik
Former Haryana cadre IAS officer, Yudhvir Singh Malik is appointed as the Chairman of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) on November 23, 2016. He will replace Raghav Chandra.
- Which Indian Pharma Company has acquired 85.1% stake in Russian JSC Biosintez for $ 60 million as an attempt to invest in strategic emerging market ?
A.Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
B.Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
C.Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
D.Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdAnswer – C.Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
The largest drug firm of India, Sun Pharma, has entered into an agreement with Russian pharma company JSC Biosintez to acquire 85.1 percent equity stake in the Russian firm for $60 million. This acquisition will enable the Drug Major to use local manufacturing capability to serve the Russia pharmaceutical market more effectively
- PepsiCo InC.announced to acquire probiotic and kombucha beverage maker _____on November 22, 2016.
D.HeVitaAnswer – B.KeVita
PepsiCo InC.announced to acquire probiotic and kombucha beverage maker KeVita Inc on November 22, 2016. Aim of this acquisition is to diversity the portfolio to tilt more heavily toward beverages that are in the health and wellness space of the grocery aisle at a time
- Name the 4th data satellite launched by China on 22 November 2016 on the Long March-3C carrier rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in southwest Sichuan province ?
D.Tianhui 1DAnswer – C.Tianlian I-04
China has successfully launched its 4th data satellite, Tianlian I-04, on November 22, 2016 to provide a global network that will provide data relay, measurement and control services for Chinas manned spacecraft, space labs and space stations as well as nation’s Earth-orbiting resources satellites.
- The 13th World Robot Olympiad (WRO) to be held in which country from 25 to 27 November 2016 ?
D.ChinaAnswer – B.India
The 13th World Robot Olympiad(WRO) will be held at the India Expo Mart, Greater Noida, India from 25 to 27 November 2016. The theme for the event this year is ‘Rap the Scrap’. This year a new robot football game named WRO Football has been included in the Olympiad.
- Which Yash Bharti Awardee and Hindi & Bhojpuri writer passed away on 22 November 2016 at age of 92?
A.Dr. Viveki Rai
B.Dr. Krishna Dev Upadhyaya
C.Dr. Dharamveer Singh
D.Dr. H.S. UpadhyayaAnswer – A.Dr. Viveki Rai
Renowned Hindi and Bhojpuri litterateur Dr Viveki Rai passed away on November 22, 2016 in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. He was 92.
- Name the former CEO of ICRA Limited who passed away on November 23, 2016 at 69 ?
D.Pranab Kumar ChoudharyAnswer – D.Pranab Kumar Choudhary
Former Chief Executive of ICRA Ltd, Pranab Kumar Choudhary passed away on November 23, 2016. He was 69.
- Name the ex- Chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) who was an eminent physicist passed away on 22 November 2016 at 88 ?
A.Professor A.S. Kiran Kumar
B.Dr. K.K. Radhakrishnan
C.Professor MGK Menon
D.Professor Shailesh NayakAnswer – C.Professor MGK Menon
Professor MGK Menon, an eminent physicist, who had made significant contribution in the development of science and technology in the country over the last five decades, died on November 22, 2016 in New Delhi. He was 88 years and suffering illness since few days. He is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter.