AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 22 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- According to World malaria Report released by World Health Organisation (WHO) India(only Country) had Reduced the number of Malaria Cases in the year 2017 from that of 2016 Sharply,by how much Percentage?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 24%
World malaria report by World Health Organisation (WHO) states that, India is the only country to have achieved a substantial decrease in malaria cases in 2017 out of the 11 highest burden countries throughout the world. As per the report, India accounted for 4 % of global malaria cases in 2017. India has registered a 24 % reduction in cases over 2016, mainly due to its reduction in the highly malaria infected state of Odisha. In 2018, WHO certified Paraguay as malaria-free, becoming the first country in the American continent to receive this status in 45 years.
- Name the Portal under which Prime Minister Shri.Narendra Modi had launched the a grand challenge, for improving and to achieve his goal of 50th Position in Ease of doing business in New Delhi on 19th November 2018?
1) Swach Dhara
2) E SAHAY
4) Startup India Portal
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Startup India Portal
On November 19, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a grand challenge, in the Startup India Portal platform, for improving the Ease of Doing Business in New Delhi.This iniative will invite innovative ideas based on cutting-edge technology to reform Government processes and better India’s Ease of Doing Business rank.This is a step towards PM’s vision of achieving the goal of 50th position in the Ease of Doing Business.
- How many Crores has been Sanctioned by the Centre under AMRUT Scheme for 2400 Projects for improving water supply, sewerage and drainage,which is announced by Union minister Hardeep Singh Puri on 20th November 2018?
1) Rs.68,000 Crore
2) Rs 64,000 Crore
3) Rs 74,000 Crore
4) Rs.82,000 Crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rs 74,000 Crore
On 20th November 2018,Union minister Hardeep Singh Puri announced that, the Centre has approved 2,400 projects worth Rs 74,000 crore for improved water supply, sewerage and drainage.Hardeep Singh Puri made the announcement at the National Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Innovation Summit, organised by the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) and Elets Technomedia Private Limited in Delhi.These projects have been approved under AMRUT (Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation) under the state annual action plans for 2015-2020.
- High-Level Committee meeting, chaired by Home Minister Rajnath Singh approved additional assistance of _______ crore to Karnataka as a rescue fund from National Disaster Response Fund (NDRF) on 19th November 2018?
1) Rs.532.21 Crore
2) Rs 546.21 Crore
4) Rs.520.23 Crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs 546.21 Crore
On 19th November 2018, Centre approved additional assistance of Rs 546.21 crore from National Disaster Response Fund (NDRF) to Karnataka.This decision was taken during a High-Level Committee meeting, chaired by Home Minister Rajnath Singh in New Delhi, to consider the additional Central Assistance to Karnataka affected by floods in 2018.Karnataka was hit by floods and landslide in August 2018.The fund has been approved following a report of an inter-ministerial team that visited areas affected by floods and landslides in Karnataka including Kodagu district, which is India’s largest coffee-growing region.
- As a commemoration of 550th birth anniversary of first Sikh Guru,Guru Nanak,Union Government has decided to set up a first-of-its-kind institute of Inter-Faith Studies to promote brotherhood and diversity in which city?
3) Amritsar, Punjab
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Amritsar, Punjab
On November 21, 2018, the Union Minister of Culture, Shri Mahesh Sharma, announced centre’s proposal to set up a first-of-its-kind institute of Inter-Faith Studies in Amritsar, Punjab as a part of the year-long activities to commemorate the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak in 2019. To promote brotherhood and diversity. The government will also develop Sultanpur Lodhi in Punjab where Guru Nanak, the founder of Sikhism, spent most of his life. It will be developed as a heritage city incorporating ‘Pind Babe Nanak Da’ and a high powered telescope will be installed in Indian territory to view Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan where spent his last days.UNESCO will be requested to publish Shri Guru Nanak Devji’s writings in world languages.Ministry of Railways will run a special train passing through the various holy places associated with Shri Guru Nanak Devji, for pilgrims and tourists.
- Which State government had approved the implementation of Sashakt Mahila Yojna to empower rural women by providing them an interface for organization and socio-economic development on 20th November 2018?
1) Himachal Pradesh
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Himachal Pradesh
On November 20, 2018,the Himachal Pradesh Cabinet under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur approved implementation of Sashakt Mahila Yojna in the State.It aims to empower rural women by providing them an interface for organization and socio-economic development.The scheme would link rural women with sustainable livelihood opportunities and improving their skill by imparting training.It also decided to implement the Himachal Healthcare Scheme (HIMCARE) in the state.The cashless treatment coverage of Rs 5 lakh per year per family will be provided under the scheme on family floater basis.
- What is the Name of the Portal,launched by Andhra Pradesh Chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu in the state capital Amaravati to make land records available to people?
1) e-Pragati Portal
2) My AP Portal
4) Bhudaar web portal
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Bhudaar web portal
On 20th November 2018, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu launched Bhuseva programme and Bhudaar web portal to make land records available to people, in Amaravati. Under the Bhuseva programme, each agriculture land holding and rural and urban properties in Andhra Pradesh will be allotted a unique 11-digit identity number called “Bhudaar’’. Temporary Bhudhaar number starts with 99. Permanent Bhudaar will start with 28. If it is a government land, 28 is followed by 00. Two types of Bhudaar cards are available: e-Bhudaar and M-Bhudaar. Chief Minister also launched Bhudaar security policy to provide security to the land records.
- Name the Bill passed by West Bengal Government to give land rights to enclave dwellers in north Bengal on 19th November 2018?
1) West Bengal Land Rights (Amendments) bill, 2018
2) West Bengal Land Reforms (Amendments) bill, 2018
3) West Bengal Land Acquisition (Amendments) bill, 2018
4) West Bengal Land Reservation (Amendments) bill, 2018
5)None of theseAnswer – 2) West Bengal Land Reforms (Amendments) bill, 2018
On 19th November 2018, West Bengal Assembly unanimously passed West Bengal Land Reforms (Amendments) bill, 2018 to give land rights to enclave dwellers in north Bengal ending an era of uncertain future of people living in those areas. On 1stAugust 2015, India and Bangladesh had exchanged a total of 162 enclaves to end one of the world’s most complex border disputes that had lingered for 7 decades since Independence. In Cooch Behar, 111 Indian enclaves spreading across 17,160 acres became the part of Bangladesh territory whereas 51 Bangladesh enclaves spreading across 7,110 acres became part of Indian Territory.
- During its board meeting on 19th November, RBI decided to set up an expert committee to examine the central bank’s Economic Capital Framework (ECF) to enable transfer of reserve worth _______crore to Government of India?
1) Rs.3.6 Lakh crore
2) Rs.3.2 Lakh crore
3) Rs.3.5 Lakh crore
4) Rs.3.7 Lakh crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs.3.6 Lakh crore
On November 19, 2018, in its board meeting, RBI decided to set up an expert committee to examine the central bank’s Economic Capital Framework (ECF) to enable transfer of reserve worth Rs 3.6 lakh crore to Government of India. The membership and terms of reference of the committee will be jointly determined by the government and the RBI. This decision was made after a key demand of the government on the same for transfer of a surplus of Rs 3.6 lakh crore, more than a third of the total Rs 9.6 lakh crore reserves of the central bank to the government. In addition to the above, the RBI agreed to consider a scheme for restructuring of stressed standard assets of MSME borrowers with aggregate credit facilities of up to Rs 250 million.It also decided to relax a deadline for lenders to boost capital ratios as it estimated the lending capacity to be around an extra 2.5 trillion rupees to 3.0 trillion rupees ($35 billion to $42 billion) over the next year for the Indian banks.The relaxation will also reduce banks’ capital requirements by about 300 billion to 350 billion rupees of capital.In last 5 years, RBI had transferred 75%(Rs 2.48 lakh crore) of its income as surplus.During the financial year 2015-16,RBI had transferred 83% of its income to the Centre as surplus,This is the highest payout.
- Name the Organization with which the State-run Airports Authority of India (AAI) had Partnered to develop a roadmap for modernisation of its air traffic services on 16thNovember 2018?
1) New Zealand Agency for International Development(NZAID)
2) Japan International Cooperation Agency(JICA)
3) US Trade and Development Agency (USTDA)
4) United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) US Trade and Development Agency (USTDA)
On November 16, 2018, state-run Airports Authority of India (AAI) partnered up with the US Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) to develop a roadmap for modernisation of its air traffic services. It is aimed at developing a CNS/ATM roadmap for the AAI for modernisation of the national airspace system (NAS). This would consist of air traffic management (ATM) and communication, navigation and surveillance (CNS) and ground equipage in the short, medium and long term (up to 10 years). Under the agreement, US aircraft manufacturer Boeing will provide technical assistance and invest in CNS/ATM facilities.
- Name the missile System and the bidding amount,which was selected by the Indian Army from the Russian defence major Rosoboronexport,which have a maximum range of 6km, altitude of 3 km in all-weather capability?
1) Igla-S and $1.47 billion
2) Igla-T and $1.52 billion
3) Igla-R and$1.47 billion
4) Igla-M and $1.52 billion
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Igla-S and $1.47 billion
On November 19, 2018, Russian defence major Rosoboronexport emerged as the lowest bidder in the Indian Army’s tender for procurement of a batch of Igla-S, very short range air defence or VSHORAD program missile system, worth $1.47 billion. The Russian Igla-S system is the the latest model of Russian’s MAN Portable Air Defence Systems(MANPADS) technology offered to the Indian Army,which is expected to replace the IGLA M systems of Russia that is being used since the 1980s. This was done as per the request for proposal that was first issued in October 2010 and Rosoboronexport was a part of 5 contenders namely,MBDA of France, Rosoboronexport from Russia and SAAB from Sweden. These must have a maximum range of 6km, altitude of 3 km along with all-weather capability.
- With Which Country India had Signed a deal worth USD 500 million for construction of two Talvar-class missile frigates in Goa for the Indian Navy on 20th November?
2) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Russia
On November 20, 2018, India and Russia confirmed a USD 500 million deal for construction of two Talvar-class missile frigates in Goa for the Indian Navy. The agreement was signed under the government-to-government framework for defence cooperation between:Defence PSU Goa Shipyard Ltd (GSL) and Russia’s state-run defence major Rosoboronexport. The construction of the ships will begin in 2020 and the first one will be inducted in 2026 while second one will be ready by 2027. Additionally, the two sides already finalized another deal amounting to around USD 1 billion under which Russia will supply two frigates to India by 2023.
- Name the Business Council which had recently released its ‘4th Annual Ease of Doing Business in India Report’,which has in-depth survey of businesses with a combined turnover of USD 122 billion?
1) US-India Business Council(USIBC)
2) UK India Business Council (UKIBC)
3) Indo-Canadian Business Chamber
4) Oman India Joint Business Council
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) UK India Business Council (UKIBC)
On November 21, 2018, UK India Business Council (UKIBC) released its ‘4th Annual Ease of Doing Business in India Report: The UK Perspective’.It had an in-depth survey of businesses with a combined turnover of USD 122 billion.25 percent of UK businesses saw corruption as a major barrier in 2018 .46 percent of UK Businesses responding had plans to expand their investments in India in the next 12 months.25 percent of those responding intend to direct this new investment eastwards – seeking new opportunities in states such as West Bengal, Assam, Meghalaya, and Manipur.
- Which Organisation won the 2018 Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development,conferred by Indira Gandhi Trust?
1) Centre for Science and Environment(CSE)
2) Bombay Natural History Society
3) Agency for Non-conventional Energy and Rural Technology
4) Himalayan Welfare Organization
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Centre for Science and Environment(CSE)
Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) has won 2018 Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development, conferred by Indira Gandhi Trust every year on the late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi’s birth anniversary.Former President Pranab Mukerjee headed the international jury for the awards.CSE was established in 1980 under the leadership of late Anil Agarwal. It has been working on various issues like air and water pollution, food safety, waste water management, climate change etc.
- Who was appointed as the Prime Minister of Fiji for another four more years on 20th November 2018?
1) Timoci Bavadra
2) Laisenia Qarase
3) Voreqe Bainimarama
4) Jona Senilagakali
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Voreqe Bainimarama
On 20th November, 2018, incumbent Fijian Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama was re-elected for a second term after his ruling Fiji first Party won this year’s general election. President, Major- General (Ret’d) Jioji Konrote will administer the oath of the office to the PM at State House. Bainimarama’s party secured 27 seats out of 51 seats in the parliament by receiving 50.02 % of the total vote.Major Opposition party, Social Democratic Liberal Party secured 21 seats by getting 39.85 % vote.This is Fiji’s second general election since a military coup in 2006 and the last election took place in 2014.
- Who was appointed as the UNICEF’s youngest-ever Goodwill Ambassador on 20th November 2018, on the eve of World Children’s Day?
1) Millie Bobby Brown
2) Hima Das
3) Hinna Asefi Wardak
4) El SistemaAnswer – 1) Millie Bobby Brown
Millie Bobby Brown, actor of Netflix sci-fi drama ‘Stranger Things’ has been appointed as UNICEF’s latest Goodwill Ambassador. The 14 –year old, Emmy award nominated star is the youngest person ever to be appointed to this position. Millie will use her global platform to help raise awareness of children’s rights and issues affecting youth, such as lack of education, safe places to play and learn, and the impact of violence, bullying and poverty. The announcement was made on the 20th November, World Children’s Day– a global day of action “for children, by children” to raise awareness and funds for the millions of children’s rights and issues affecting young people.
- Who has been appointed as the President of Interpol on 21st November 2018?
1) Kim Jong-yang(South Korea)
2) Meng Hongwei(China)
3) Alexander Prokopchuk(Russia)
4) Jürgen Stock(Germany)
5)None of theseAnswer – 1) Kim Jong-yang(South Korea)
On November 21, 2018, Interpol’s 94 member states elected South Korea’s Kim Jong-yang as Interpol’s next president in Dubai. The 57-year-oldwill serve until 2020 and succeeded Meng Hongwei.Prior to this, he had been serving as Interpol’s acting president since Meng resigned and was a vice-president representing Asia.He defeated Russia’s candidate, Alexander Prokopchuk, for the post.
- Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Maharashtra’s anti-obesity campaign by the Medical Education Minister of Maharashtra government?
1) Deepak Sawant
2) Girish Mahajan
3) Dr Jagannath Dixit
4) Jayashree Todkar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Dr Jagannath Dixit
Medical education Ministry of the Maharashtra government has appointed Dr Jagannath Dixit as the brand ambassador of its anti-obesity campaign. In 2012, Dr Dixit had started a WhatsApp campaign to address this issue and to provide guidance to people affected by the lifestyle disease. Girish Mahajan, the Medical Education Minister of Maharashtra government gave a letter to this effect to Dr Dixit. He was appointed due to his experience and knowledge in the field, the letter stated.
- Name the Units,whose World’s Standard definition has been changed after 130 years at the General Conference on Weights and Measures held in Versailles, France?
1) Kilogram (kg), the Ampere (A), the Kelvin (K)
2) Kilogram (kg), the Ampere (A),Mole(mol)
3) Kilogram (kg), the Ampere (A),candela (cd)
4) Kilogram (kg),Mole(mol), candela (cd)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Kilogram (kg), the Ampere (A), the Kelvin (K)
The world’s standard definition of the kilogram (kg), the Ampere (A), the Kelvin (K), and the mole has been changed, after 130 years. The changes were done after representatives from 60 countries voted to redefine the International System of Units (SI) for weight, current, temperature and amount of chemical substance.This decision was made at the General Conference on Weights and Measures, held from November 13-16 2018, in Versailles, France, organized by International Bureau of Weights and Measures (BIPM) in France.Now, all SI units will be defined in terms of constants that describe the natural world. The changes will come into effect on May 20, 2019.The definition of the kilogram, the International Prototype of the Kilogram (IPK), a cylinder of a platinum alloy stored at BIPM will be replaced by the Planck constant – the fundamental constant of quantum physics.
- Name the World’s first medical imaging scanner that can capture a 3D picture of the whole human body which is developed by the Scientists from the University of California on 19th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Explorer
On 19th November 2018, scientists announced that, the world’s first medical imaging scanner “Explorer” that can capture a 3D picture of the whole human body at once in 20-30 seconds, has produced its first scans. Explorer has been developed by scientists from the University of California – Davis in the US in partnership with Shanghai-based United Imaging Healthcare (UIH).It is a combined positron emission tomography (PET) and X-ray computed tomography (CT) scanner that can image the entire body at the same time.The first images from scans of humans through this device will be displayed at the Radiological Society of North America meeting that will commence on November 24, 2018 in Chicago, US.
- Name the SpaceX’s Big Falcon Rocket(BFR) which had been Renamed recently by its CEO Elon Musk?
1) Falcon 9
3) Saturn V
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Starship
SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has announced that he is changing the name of “BFR” rocket to “Starship.”This rocket aims to carry people to the Moon and also to the Mars one day. BFR was referred as the “Big Falcon Rocket.” The rocket is 387-foot tall. It has a first stage with engines and fuel systems, which will be called the “Super Heavy.”Passengers will ride in the second stage of “Starship”. The estimated cost of the rocket system is USD 5 billion.
- What is the name of the Satellite launched by Long March -2D, Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre China for examining space environment detection and related technical tests along with four other nano satellite?
1) Gaofen 1
2) Shiyan Weixing-6
3) ChinaSat 9
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Shiyan Weixing-6
On 19th November, 2018, China successfully launched five satellites, including a new space environment research satellite and four nano satellites on a single rocket. The rocket Long March -2D carried away the satellites from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in China’s Gansu province.Satellite named Shiyan Weixing-6 will be used for space environment detection and related technical tests.The Nano Satellites will be used for precision calibration of ground monitoring equipment and to support the adaption of on-ground android system technologies for space application.Small artificial satellite weighing between 1 and 10 kg are called as Nano Satellites.
- Which Social Service Organisation launched India’s First sewer cleaning machine on World Toilet Day?
1) Sulabh International
2) Social Development Welfare Society
3) Safe & Serene Foundation
4) Manovikas Comprehensive Rehabilitation And Research Center
5) None of theseAnswer –1) Sulabh International
On November 19, 2018, on World Toilet Day 2018, Sulabh International introduced India’s first sewer cleaning machine costing Rs. 43 lakh in New Delhi.This will reduce sewer deaths and get rid of 99 per cent of unsafe practice of manual scavenging.
- Which Team had won the 59th edition of Subroto Cup International Football Tournament (Junior Boys category) that held in Dr. Ambedkar Stadium, Delhi Gate, New Delhi on 20th November 2018?
1) Reliance Foundation School, Mumbai
2) Amini School of Afghanistan
3) Bangladesh’s Krida Shiksha Prothishtan (BKSP)
4) Govt. Senior Secondary School, Namchi, Sikkim
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bangladesh’s Krida Shiksha Prothishtan (BKSP)
On 20th November 2018, The finals of the 59th edition of Subroto Cup International Football Tournament (Junior Boys category) was won by Bangladesh’s Krida Shiksha Prothishtan (BKSP) by defeating Amini School of Afghanistan with a solitary goal scored by Habibur Rahman at the 11th minute. The Closing Ceremony & the Final Match was held at Dr. Ambedkar Stadium, Delhi Gate, New Delhi. Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa, Chief of the Air Staff & Chairman, Subroto Mukerjee Sports Education Society was the Chief Guest for the ceremony and handed over the prize money to the captain of Bangladesh Krida Shiksha Prothishtan (BKSP).PranubLimboo of Govt. Senior Secondary School, Namchi, Sikkim was presented Best Goalkeeper award. The Best Player award was presented to Mohammad Nemil of Reliance Foundation School, Mumbai. Raghu Kumarof Army Boys Sports Company was adjudged as Best Coach while, the Fair Play Trophy was given away to Reliance Foundation School, Mumbai.NNMHSS, Chelembra, Malappuram and Kerala were awarded for the Most Contributing School for Football.A total of 95 teams, 1500 players 149 officials participated in the tournament making it one of the biggest tournamentsin its category in the entire soccer world. There were 08 teams from 03 overseas countries, viz. Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Nepal.
- How many medals does India won in 2-day FIG Acrobatic Gymnastics world cup that held in National Gymnastic Arena in Baku on 17th and 18th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 2
On 17th and 18th November, the two day event of FIG Acrobatic Gymnastics world cup was held at National Gymnastic Arena in Baku for the first time in which India wins two bronze medals in the men’s and women’s group events. Prins Aris, Siddhesh Bhosle, Rushikesh More and Rejilesh Suribabu scored 20.560 to bag bronze medal at National Gymnastics Arena on 18thNovember.Indian women’s trio of Ayushi Ghodeswar, Prachi Parkhi and Mrunmayi Walde scored 18.200 and bagged bronze medal.More than 70 athletes competed in Men’s Pairs, Women’s Pairs, Mixed Pairs, Women’s groups and Men’s groups.Russian gymnasts dominates the event by claiming all five titles.
- Who became the First Indian Cricketer to touch the 11,000 run figure in the Ranji Trophy when he was playing against Baroda in Nagpur at Vidarbha Cricket Association (VCA) Stadium?
1) Ambati Rayudu
2) Piyush Chawla
3) Robin Uthappa
4) Wasim Jaffer
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Wasim Jaffer
On 21st November 2018, Veteran first-class cricketer Wasim Jaffer became the first Indian player to touch the 11,000 run figure in the Ranji Trophy by scoring an impressive knock of 153 off 284 balls during the third round match against Baroda in Nagpur at Vidarbha Cricket Association (VCA) Stadium. The Right Hand Vidarbha batsman had played 32 international test matches and scored 1944 with the average of 34.11.
- When was the World Hello day celeberated?
1) 20th November
2) 21st November
3) 22nd November
4) 19th November
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 21st November
November 21, 2018 is seen as the 46th World Hello Day to express the power of communications to resolve differences.World Hello Day began in response to the conflict between Egypt and Israel in the Fall of 1973. Since then, World Hello Day has been observed by people in 180 countries.The concept was created by Brian McCormack, a Ph.D. graduate of Arizona State University, and Michael McCormack, a graduate of Harvard University. The way to celebrate World Hello Day is by greeting at least 10 people during one day.The website of the day is: http://www.worldhelloday.org/
- When was the World Television Day celebrated Every year?
1) 18th November
2) 22nd November
3) 21st November
4) 19th November
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 21st November
November 21, 2018 is celebrated as the 23rd annual World Television Day all across the world since its inception in December 1996 by United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).UN releases its UN Video reports from all over the world consisting of news footage direct from the latest humanitarian crisis; documentaries putting a human face to crucial issues of present time.It is produced in the six official languages of the UN (French, Spanish, English, Chinese, Arabic, Russian).
- When was the World Fisheries Day celebrated Every year?
1) 18th November
2) 16th November
3) 20th November
4) 21st November
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 21st November
21st November is celebrated as World Fisheries day every year throughout the world. Fishing Communities celebrates the day by organizing rallies, Cultural programs, workshops and exhibition to highlight the importance of healthy ocean ecosystems and to ensure sustainable stocks of fisheries in the world.The day explores moves towards finding solutions to the increasingly inter-connected problems that the world is facing in order to follow sustainable model.Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh said that the Fisheries and Aquaculture Infrastructure Development Fundof Rs. 7522 crore will augment production and create more employment opportunities.Fisheries in India makes up to 5.3 percent to the agriculture and allied activities and contributes about 1.07 percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP). India has over 8000 km of coastline and an Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) of 2 million sq km.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the President of United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)?H.E. Mr. Tore Hattrem
- What is the Currency and Capital of Fiji?Currency-Fijian Dollar,Capital-Suva
- Who is the Chief Minister of West Bengal?Mamata Banerjee
- Where is the headquarter of World Health Organisation (WHO) located?Geneva, Switzerland
- In which State does the Bandipur National Park located?Karnataka