AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 20 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Which Union Ministry will develop Industrial Park Rating System to assess industrial parks in India?
1) Union Ministry of Urban Development
2) Union Ministry of Human Resource Development
3) Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry
4) Union Ministry of Finance
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry
On November 19, 2018, Minister of Commerce and Industry Suresh Prabhu released report on Industrial Park Rating System at a national workshop in New Delhi. It is a part of centre’s vision to make India a 5 Trillion Dollar economy out of which 20 per cent is expected to be generated from industries. It would help increase competitiveness of industries and promotion of the manufacturing sector as it would assess the parks against global standards. Industrial Park Rating System will be developed by the Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry to assess industrial parks in the country based on four pillars. They are: Internal and external infrastructure, connectivity, environment and safety management, and business support services. The system would assess 200 such parks on several parameters such as sewage effluent and treatment; and water treatment.
- Where is the 14th edition of Jashne Bachpan, a theatre festival for children, held from 17th to 25th November 2018?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi
From 17 to 25th November 2018, the 9-day 14th edition of Jashne Bachpan, a theatre festival for children, commenced at the Sammukh, Abhimanch, Abhikalp and Little Theatre Group (LTG) auditorium in New Delhi. The theatrical event will conclude on November 25, 2018. Its objective was to bring theatre into prominence. The festival has been organized by National School of Drama’s (NSD) Theatre in Education (TIE) Company. It will witness 21 productions from India and 3 foreign groups including Sri Lanka (non-verbal), Switzerland (English) and Indonesia (Javanese). The plays will be performed in vernacular languages like Bengali, Marathi, Assamese, and Malayalam besides non-verbal, English, Hindi and other foreign languages.
- Maharashtra government passed the Maratha Reservation Bill on 19th November 2018, in order to give reservation to Marathas. As per the bill, Maharashtra will create a new category called _____?
1) SEBC (Socially and Educationally Backward Class)
2) EBC (Economically Backward Class)
3) Very Backward Class (VBC)
4) Financially Backward Class (FBC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) SEBC (Socially and Educationally Backward Class)
On November 19, 2018, Maharashtra government led by CM Devendra Fadnavis passed the Maratha Reservation Bill. As per the bill, Maharashtra will create a new category called SEBC (socially and educationally backward class) in order to give reservation to Marathas. This has been passed for reservation by citing ‘extraordinary circumstance’ as rights of neither OBCs nor Marathas. This move has been recommended by Maharashtra State Backward Class Commission headed by Justice N G Gaikwad (retired).
- Central government announced setting up of Animation, Gaming and Visual effects Institute in which city on 19thNovember 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Mumbai
On November 19, 2018, the central government announced setting up of Animation, Gaming and Visual effects Institute in Mumbai. This was announced by Information and Broadcasting Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore. This will encourage the youth participation in the field of film and cinematography.
- Which state became the 3rd Indian state after Maharashtra and Gujarat to permanently ban Hookah bars or lounges, on 18th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Punjab
On 18th November,2018, Punjab becomes 3rd Indian state after Maharashtra and Gujarat to permanently ban Hookah bars or lounges. The ban was announced after President Ram Nath Kovind has given assent to a bill passed by Punjab state assembly. Punjab state assembly has passed the Cigarettes and other Tobacco Products (Prohibition of advertisement and Regulation of trade and Commerce, Production, Supply and distribution) (Punjab Amendment) Bill 2018 in March this year. Smoking of hookah increases the health risks such as exposure to toxic chemicals that are not filtered out be water and tuberculosis which is an infectious disease resulting from sharing of hookah.
- The ____ edition of Indo-Japan Business Council- KONNICHI WA PUNE Festival was held in Pune, Maharashtra, on 17th and 18th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) first
On 17th & 18th November, 2018, the 2-day 1st Indo-Japan Business Council- KONNICHI WA PUNE Festival concluded in Pune, Maharashtra. It was organized by the Indo-Japan Business Council (IJBC). The festival aimed to boost investment, promote businesses and cultural exchange between India and Japan. Maharashtra has emerged as one of the top destinations for the Japanese companies operating 750 out of the total 1309 Japanese firms in the country.
- Where was the APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation) Summit 2018 held on 17th & 18th November,2018?
1) Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
2) Manila, Philippines
3) Jakarta, Indonesia
4) Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
On 17th & 18th November,2018, 2-day APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation) Summit 2018 concluded in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. It was hosted by Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea, Peter O’Neill. All 21 member countries of APEC participated in the Summit. It is the 1st such summit which in its 25-year history failed to agree on a formal joint statement.
- Three educational institutions which were built with Indian assistance of _____ Nepali rupees have been inaugurated in Kaski district of Nepal?
1) 126.60 million Nepali rupees
2) 160 million Nepali rupees
3) 250.25 million Nepali rupees
4) 190 million Nepali rupees
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 126.60 million Nepali rupees
3 Educational institutions which were built with Indian assistance of 126.60 million Nepali rupees have been inaugurated in Kaski district of Nepal. As per Development Partnership programme, India government is providing assistance to institutions of all level starting from Primary school to universities of Nepal. Rabindra Adhikari, Nepal’s Minister for culture, tourism and civil aviation inaugurated Shree Saraswati Tika Higher School, Lekhnath in Pokhra. Dr. Ajay Kumar, Deputy Chief of Mission, Indian Embassy inaugurated Shree Laxmi Adarsha Multiple campus, Lekhnath and Shree Gupteshwor Mahadev Multiple Campus, Pokhara.
- Housing finance firm HDFC announced that it has disbursed over ____ rupees subsidy to over 51,000 customers under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), on 18th November 2018?
1) Rs 1,100 crore
2) Rs 2,300 crore
3) Rs 4,200 crore
4) Rs 3,200 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 1,100 crore
On November 18, 2018, Housing finance firm HDFC disbursed over Rs 1,100 crore subsidy to over 51,000 customers under the government’s flagship scheme Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY). It had provided loans of over Rs 9,800 crore under PMAY-Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) to the following customers: EWS (Economically Weaker Section), LIG (Low Income Group) and Middle Income Group (MIG) category. It had also approved 37 per cent of home loans in volume terms and 18 per cent in value terms to customers from the EWS and LIG segment as on September 30, 2018.
- SBICAP Ventures (SVL), an alternative asset manager and a wholly owned subsidiary of SBI Capital Markets, launched funds for Small and Medium Enterprises to raise a corpus of ____ rupees on 19th November 2018?
1) Rs 4 billion
2) Rs 2 billion
3) Rs 3 billion
4) Rs 2 billion
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 4 billion
On November 19, 2018, SBICAP Ventures (SVL), an alternative asset manager and a wholly owned subsidiary of SBI Capital Markets, launched twofunds for the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and affordable housing sectors. The 2 funds are: Small and Medium Enterprises: to raise a corpus of Rs 4 billion and Affordable Housing Fund to raise a corpus of Rs 3.5 billion. It will be an equity fund and there will be two anchor investors – SBI and SBI CAP/SVL putting in 10 per cent and 10-12 per cent respectively. Both funds are targeting closure of fund in the second half of next financial year (2019-20).
- Name the chief minister who was conferred “Universal Acceptance Thought Leader award” by UASG (Universal Acceptance Steering Group) on 13th November 2018?
1) Vasundhara Raje
2) Chandrababu Naidu
3) Devendra Fadnavis
4) Yogi Aditynanth
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Vasundhara Raje
On 13th November 2018, UASG (Universal Acceptance Steering Group) conferred “Universal Acceptance Thought Leader award” on Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje for providing Rajmail email service for citizens of Rajasthan in local script. UASG has recognised the work of Vasundhara Raje and IT Department for Rajmail project that offers access to email address to people in Rajasthan in Indic script. The technology for Rajmail was developed by Data XGen Technologies, a Rajasthan based firm. Vasundhara Raje was also awarded the ‘Chief Minister of the Year’ award in 2018.
- Who was appointed the full-time chief of the Enforcement Directorate (ED) for 2 years, on 18th November 2018?
1) Ajay Devnath
2) Sanjay Kumar Mishra
3) Rishi Kanwar
4) Praveen Mittal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Sanjay Kumar Mishra
On November 18, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi headed Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) appointed IRS officer Sanjay Kumar Mishra as the full-time chief of the Enforcement Directorate (ED) for 2 years. Earlier in October 27, 2018, he was appointed as the principal special director in the central probe agency and was entrusted with the “additional” charge of ED director for three months. Prior to this appointment, he was posted as the chief commissioner of the Income Tax Department in Delhi. He replaced IRS officer Karnal Singh who retired after three year tenure as the ED director.
- Who was appointed as the new Coal Secretary, on 19th November 2018?
1) Sumanta Chaudhuri
2) Sakshi Chaudhary
3) Ram Kumar S
4) Anuj Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Sumanta Chaudhuri
On November 19, 2018, the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi named 1985-batch IAS from West Bengal cadre Sumanta Chaudhuri as the new Coal Secretary. He replaced Inder Jit Singh. Prior to this appointment, he was the Managing Director of Small Farmers Agri Business Consortium.
- Name the person who was appointed as Secretary, Department of Youth Affairs, on 19th November 2018?
1) Anupama Rao
2) Murali Srinivas
3) Upma Chowdhry
4) Pranav Roy
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Upma Chowdhry
Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi appointed Director of Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Upma Chowdhry, as Secretary, Department of Youth Affairs, on 19th November 2018.
- Who was appointed the new chairman of Inland Waterways Authority of India, on 19th November 2018?
1) Jalaj Srivastava
2) Mani Sharma
3) Jadav Sinha
4) Ruhi Kapoor
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Jalaj Srivastava
IAS officer Jalaj Srivastava, currently Additional Secretary in the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare, was appointed the new chairman of Inland Waterways Authority of India by Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 19th November 2018. IWAI comes under the Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport and Highways headed by Nitin Gadkari. Jalal Srivastava had also served as Chairman of New Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) and Principal Secretary of Department of VAT, Delhi Government. Srivastava is known for launching of “Shakti Cab” and “URJA” project for women. Srivastava has written a crime thriller novel “The Perfect Suicide”.
- Name the person who was appointed the new Tourism Secretary, on 19th November 2018?
1) Rashmi Mandal
2) Udaynath Chaudhary
3) Yogendra Tripathy
4) Mukunth Warrier
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Yogendra Tripathy
Chairman and Managing Director of Food Corporation of India Yogendra Tripathy (1985-batch IAS) was appointed the new Tourism Secretary by Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 19th November 2018.
- Who was approved as the next governor of the Bank of Israel for 5 years by Israel’s Cabinet, on 18th November 2018?
1) Karnit Flug
2) Ahmed Hashim
3) Benjamin Leonard
4) Amir Yaron
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Amir Yaron
On November 18, 2018, Israel’s Cabinet approved Amir Yaron as the next governor of the Bank of Israel for 5 years. He replaced Karnit Flug, who became the first woman to hold the post when she took over in 2013. Prior to this, he was the a finance professor at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business.
- The 0.7 m GROWTH-India telescope located at Indian Astronomical Observatory in ______ has made its first observation which is a follow-up study of a nova explosion?
1) Pune, Maharashtra
2) Chandipur, Odisha
3) Jodhpur, Rajasthan
4) Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir
The 0.7 m GROWTH-India telescope located at Indian Astronomical Observatory in Hanle, Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir, has made its first observation which is a follow-up study of a nova explosion. The GROWTH-India is a part of multi-country collaborative initiative known as Global Relay of Observatories Watching Transients Happen (GROWTH)to observe transient events in the Universe. Universities and Research Institutes of USA, Japan, India, Germany, Taiwan, UK and Israel are part of this Initiative. GROWTH-India is India’s first fully robotic telescope designed to capture cosmic events.
- Name the mobile app launched by National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) for retail investors to buy government securities?
1) NSE goBID
2) NSE gSEC
4) NSE Securities
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) NSE goBID
National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) launched a mobile app NSE goBID and web based platform for retail investors to buy government securities. Ajay Tyagi, Chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI) launched the NSE goBID App. This platform will allow investors to invest in treasury bills (T-Bills) of 91, 182 and 364 days and government bonds from one year to almost 40 years. The NSE goBID app will be available to all registered retail investors.
- Which country completed the deployment of its indigenously developed BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS) constellation with the successful launch of 2 more satellites, on 19th November 2018?
3) South Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) China
On 19th November 2018, China completed the deployment of its indigenously developed BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS) constellation with the successful launch of 2 more satellites. The two satellites were launched into space on a Long March-3B carrier rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in Sichuan Province, China. The satellites entered a medium earth orbit over 3 hours after the launch. They will work with 17 other BDS-3 satellites already in space. BDS competes with the United States’ Global Positioning System (GPS). It will start providing services to countries participating in the Belt and Road Initiative by December 2018.
- Ireland’s Isobel Joyce and Cecelia Joyce announced their retirement from which sport on 18th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Cricket
On November 18,2018,Isobel Joyce and Cecelia Joyce, twins of Ireland Cricket team have announced their retirement from International cricket after their 8 wicket loss against New Zealand in the Ongoing International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s world T20. Isobel had played 79 ODIs and 55 T20s whereas Cecelia had played 57 ODIs and 43 T20s.
- Who won the Men’s Singles title in the ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) World Tour Finals held in London, from 11th to 18th November 2018?
1) Rafael Nadal
2) Roger Federer
3) Alexandar Zverev
4) Novak Djokovic
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Alexandar Zverev
From 11th November to 18th November,2018, ATP Finals held in London.The total Prize of the event is USD 8,500,000.It is the second highest tier of annual men’s tennis tournament after the four Grand Slam tournaments. German Player Alexandar Zverev beat Serbian player Novak Djokovic by a margin of 6-4 and 6-3 to win the ATP World Tour Finals in London. Alexander Zverev is now the first German to win ATP Singles title since Boris Becker did it in 1995. In Men’s Doubles Event,American’s Jack Sock and Mike Bryan won the title by defeating France’s Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut.
- Who won the UIM (Union Internationale Motonautique) F1H2O Grand Prix of India, held in Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh, on 18th November 2018?
1) Erik Stark
2) Erik Edin
3) Marit Stromoy
4) Shaun Torrente
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Shaun Torrente
On 18th November 2018, Team Abu Dhabi’s Shaun Torrente won the UIM (Union Internationale Motonautique) F1H2O Grand Prix of India held in Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh. This is Shaun Torrente’s 7th career-victory. He has climbed to the top of the championship standings. Second place was secured by Emirates Racing’s Marit Stromoy, the only woman racer who participated in the race. Third position was occupied by Team Abu Dhabi’ Erik Stark. This was the first-ever F1H20 Grand Prix hosted by India. 9 teams and 19 drivers from all over the world participated.
- Narayan Das Maharaj passed away in Jaipur, Rajasthan, on 19th November 2018. He was a ___?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Saint
On November 19, 2018, Padma Shri awardee and revered saint Narayan Das Maharaj passed away in Jaipur, Rajasthan. He was awarded the Padam Shri in January 2018 for social service.
- What was the theme of World Toilet Day 2018 observed all over the world on 19th November 2018?
1) When Nature Calls
2) Hygiene and Sanitation
3) End Open defecation
4) Sanitation: Importance and Implementation
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) When Nature Calls
On 19th November 2018, World Toilet Day was observed all over the world. World Toilet Organization founded World Toilet Day on 19 November 2001. In 2013, United Nations (UN) General Assembly, declared World Toilet Day as official UN day to be observed every year on November 19. This day creates awareness about the need for toilet and sanitation. It highlights Sustainable Development Goal 6 that aims to achieve sanitation for all and end open defecation. Theme for World Toilet Day 2018 is “When Nature Calls”.
- When is Quami Ekta week (National Integration Week) observed in India?
1) November 19-25, 2018
2) November 12-18, 2018
3) November 14-20, 2018
4) November 13-19, 2018
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) November 19-25, 2018
Quami Ekta week (National Integration Week) begins with a aim to emphasise on themes of secularism, anti-communalism and non-violence. It will be observed all over the country from 19th November to 25th November. The National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH), an autonomous organization with Ministry of Home Affairs organizes the campaign which will coincide with Communal Harmony Flag Day on 25 November. 19 November 2018 will be observe as National Integration Day, November 20 will be observe as Welfare of Minorities day, November 21 will be observe as Linguistic Harmony day, November 22 will be observe as Weaker Sections day, November 23 will be observe as Cultural Unity Day, November 24 will be observe as Women’s day and November 25 will be observe as Conservation day.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the Capital and Currency of Papua New Guinea?Capital – Port Moresby; Currency – Papua New Guinean kina
- Where is the headquarters of Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)?Singapore
- Name the MD and headquarters of HDFC Bank?MD – Aditya Puri; Headquarters – Mumbai
- Who is the Chairman of SBICAP Ventures (SVL)?Varsha Purandare
- Name the MD & CEO and headquarters of National Stock Exchange (NSE)?MD & CEO – Mr. Vikram Limaye; Headquarters – Mumbai