Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs November 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which date is declared as International Day to commemorate the assassination of two French journalists in Mali on 2 November 2013 by the United Nations?
Answer – D.November 2
The United Nations (UN) declared November 2 as International Day to commemorate the assassination of two French journalists in Mali on 2 November 2013. The aim is to end Impunity for crimes against journalists. According to the UN, more than 800 journalists have been killed for bringing news and information to the public.
- Name the Football World Cup trophy designer has died at an age of 95 in Milan?
Answer – B.Silvio Gazzaniga
Silvio Gazzaniga, the goldsmith and sculptor who designed and created football’s World Cup trophy, has died at home in Milan aged 95. He was known as “Mr Cups”,.he also designed UEFA Cup and the UEFA Super Cup. Silvio Gazzaniga designed and created the World Cup trophy in 1971. FIFA World Cup trophy is 18-carat solid gold trophy weighs approximately six kilograms.
- Which Indian Young Shuttler has won the maiden title in Bahrain International Challenge badminton tournament was held at Segayya in Bahrain?
Answer – A.Pratul Joshi
Young Indian shuttler Pratul Joshi grabbed his maiden international title by achieving a hard-fought win over Aditya Joshi in the finals of the USD 17,500 Bahrain International Challenge badminton tournament at Segayya in Bahrain. In a strong fought battle between siblings, it was 22-year-old Pratul who emerged as the winner after he prevailed 21-17, 12-21, 21-15 over Aditya in the summit clash which lasted for an hour. In the semifinals, Pratul, seeded third, had beaten compatriot Siddharth Thakur 21-16, 22-20, while fourth seed Aditya knocked top seed Anand Pawar 21-19, 21-7.
- Which Indian player clinched 11th place in the fourth Round of the NBA D-League Draft was held in New York?
Answer – A.Palpreet Singh
Palpreet Singh, winner of National Finals of ACG-NBA Jump, India’s first national basketball talent search program, was selected 11th in the fourth Round of the NBA D-League Draft held in New York. Palpreet expressed gratitude to his coach, Dr. Sankaran Subramanian – who has spent 43 years as a basketball coach in India – for having a huge impact on his career.
- Researchers from which state has discovered a new variety of rice seed under the head of A K Sarawgi?
Answer – A.Chattisgarh
A new variety of rice seed that is light green in colour was discovered in Chhattisgarh(Rice Bowl of India) said by A K Sarawgi, head of department of genetics and breeding in Indira Gandhi Agriculture University. The seed was provided to the university by farmers from Dhamtari and Durg districts. Based on the sample, the university scientists were conducting the study. Indravati (Kutru) National Park, Kanger Valley National Park and Guru Ghasi Das (Sanjay) National Park in Chhattisgarh.
- What is the name of stealth fighter is unveiled in public by the China government?
Answer – D.Chengdu J-20
China displayed its Chengdu J-20 stealth fighter in public for the first time on the function of opening the country’s biggest meeting of aircraft makers and buyers with a show of its military power. The J-20 fighter is called Beijing’s answer to the US F-22 stealth fighter and the F-35 that would be soon bring into the action in the Pacific by the United States and Japan. The J-20, a long-range, radar-avoiding stealth combat aircraft, first flew in 2011 but had not been shown to the public.
- Which IFS officer has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Lebanon by Ministry of External Affairs?
C.Pradeep Kumar Sinha
Answer – B.Sanjiv Arora
An Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Sanjiv Arora has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Lebanon by Ministry of External Affairs. The capital of Lebanon is Beirut and its currency is Lebanese pound.
- Which Indian actress would be honoured by the upcoming Dubai International Film Festival with a Lifetime Achievement Award?
Answer – D.Rekha
Indian actor Rekha will be honoured by the upcoming Dubai International Film Festival with a Lifetime Achievement Award. The festival runs from December 7 to 14, and is now arguably the leading cinematic event in the region of both Doha and Abu Dhabi. Rekha Ganesan better known by her stage name Rekha, is an Indian film Noted for her versatility and acknowledged as one of the finest actresses in Hindi cinema. Rekha has acted in over 180 films in a career spanning over 40 years.
- Which US based job portal has signed an agreement with Ministry of Human Resource Development to create more job opportunities in India?
Answer – B.LinkedIn
US based LinkedIn has signed an agreement with Ministry of Human Resource Development to create more job opportunities in India. According to the MoU, LinkedIn’s ‘Placements’ product which was launched in September 2016 will be adopted by all colleges affiliated with All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). More than two lakh students will be registered for the product and there were over 1.2 million job applications.
- What is the name of project is launched by the PM Narendra Modi to mark the 16th foundation day for Chattisgarh?
A.Saur Sujala Yojana
B.Paani Sujala Yojana
C.Paramaanu Oorja Yojana
D.Koyala Sujala Yojana
Answer – A.Saur Sujala Yojana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Chhattisgarh to marks the state’s 16th foundation day on November 1, 2016. He launched the Saur Sujala Yojana in Chhattisgarh in order to provide solar powered irrigation pumps to farmers at a subsidized price. He also inaugurates jungle safari, statue of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya and Naya Raipur BRTS project in Chhattisgarh. Chhattisgarh was the first state to implement the Saur Sujala Yojana .Under the scheme, solar powered irrigation pumps of 3HP and 5HP capacity worth Rs 3.5 lakh and Rs 4.5 lakh respectively would be distributed to the farmers by March 31, 2019.
- Which US-based ATM manufacturer has bagged the single largest order from SBI to install over 7,000 cash-vending machines?
C.Bitcoin ATM Manufacturers
Answer – B.NCR Corporation
US-based ATM manufacturer NCR Corporation has bagged the single largest order from SBI to install over 7,000 cash-vending machines said by SBI Deputy Managing Director and Chief Information Officer Mrutyunjay Mahapatra. It is the single largest ATM order in the country and it will worth Rs 334 crore. It has to be executed over the next seven years, and it will deploy 7,070 cash-vending machines, software solutions and provide services support. Its new ATMs are equipped with the latest anti-fraud security solutions.
- Which bank has launched home loan overdraft facility for salaried customers against their home loans?
A.State Bank of India
B.Bank of Baroda
Answer – D.ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank has launched home loan overdraft facility for salaried customers against their home loans. Under the ‘ICICI Bank Home Overdraft’ scheme a salaried customer can avail loans from Rs 5 lakh to Rs. 1 crore for personal needs against his/her property. The minimum and maximum loan over the Home Overdraft facility is Rs. 5 lakh and Rs.
1 crore, respectively.
- How much fund has invested for renewable energy companies to help New Delhi meet its clean energy goals by the Union Government?
Answer – D.$2 billion
The Indian government and three state-run firms would jointly prepared an equity fund of up to $2 billion for renewable energy companies to help New Delhi meet its clean energy goals. Private and public companies would be able to immerse into an initial amount of more than $1 billion starting next fiscal year.. India’s government hopes the Clean Energy Equity Fund (CEEF) would attract pension and insurance funds from Canada and Europe.
- Ministry of HUPA and Common Services Centre e-Governance Services India Limited of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology signed an (MoU) for enabling online submission of applications under which scheme?
Answer – D.PMAY
Ministry of HUPA and Common Services Centre e-Governance Services India Limited of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for enabling online submission of applications under PMAY(Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana).
- The 10th Command Level Navy Coast Guard (COMNAVGUARD) meeting was held in which place on November 2, 2016?
Answer – B.Visakhapatnam
The 10th Command Level Navy Coast Guard (COMNAVGUARD) meeting was held in Visakhapatnam on November 2, 2016 to discuss inter-operatability issues between Navy and Coast Guard. The meeting was co-chaired by Chief of Staff, Eastern Naval Command (ENC), Vice Admiral Atul Kumar Jain and Inspector General Rajan Bargotra, Commander, Coast Guard Region (East) and Inspector General K R Nautiyal, Commander Coast Guard Region (North East), along with senior officers of Navy and Coast Guard.
- How much amount has been funded for the Yamuna riverfront project at Sonia Vihar by the Delhi Government?
Answer – C.Rs. 200Cr
The Delhi government has launched the Yamuna riverfront Project at the second annual ‘Yamuna Aarti’ event aarti at the Dhai Pusta, in Sonia Vihar in the presence of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on November 1, 2016. The objective is to beautify the riverfront in the next one-and-a-half years. Outlay of the project : Rs. 200-crore. It has plans to re-imagine the river banks at Sonia Vihar and Geeta ghat also will be revamped.
- Which minister has announced that the Government has taken a new initiative to create a Film Promotion Fund to promote Indian cinema in the International Film Festivals?
B.Ravi Shankar Pradesh
Answer – C.M.Venkaiah Naidu
Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu, Minister of Information & Broadcasting announced that the Government has taken a new initiative to create a Film Promotion Fund to promote Indian cinema in the International Film Festivals. The announcement was made at the press conference of 47th edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI).The financial support would be provided to the filmmakers to promote their films at international film festivals across the world. The proposed fund value for films being selected to represent India at Oscars is Rs.50,00,000 to Rs.1,00,00,000.
- Which country’s government has announced 19 grants worth $6,30,000 dollars for several projects in the field of education, science, sports, arts and culture?
Answer – A.Australia
The Australian government announced 19 grants worth $6,30,000 dollars for several projects in the field of education, science, sports, arts and culture. The successful grants included an exchange between TAFE NSW and India’s Centurion University to share expertise for training individual learners, jointly between University of New South Wales and Indian scientists to develop effective new water purification systems for the country’s water supply. It also included development of a website by Women’s Legal Service Tasmania and TRS Law Offices in India to provide young Indian women with details about their rights.
- State Bank of India has slashed its home loan rate to a six-year low to how much percentage with effective from 1st November?
Answer – B.9.10%
State Bank of India has slashed its home loan rate to a six-year low to 9.10%. Under this scheme woman borowers will be able to get home loans at 9.10% while other borrowers will be able to get loans at 9.15%. These rates will be applicable top loans up to Rs 75 lakh with effective from 1st November. There will be a reduction in interest rate by 0.15% on Home Loan of Rs 50 lakh.
- When BSE aimed to operationalise the international exchange granted by SEBI?
Answer – A.2017
BSE aimed to operationalise the international exchange by early next year. Mock trading for the same commenced from October 3. The BSE board at its meeting held on May 5, 2016, had approved creation of two fully-owned subsidiary companies for the purpose of setting up the first international exchange and clearing corporations. BSE in August had announced that its international stock exchange would provide a platform to trade on equity, commodity and currency and interest rate derivatives for Indian and foreign investors.