AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 15 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which state has topped in opening new Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) accounts after demonetisation?
1. Uttar Pradesh
2. Madhya Pradesh
5. OdishaAnswer – 1. Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh has topped in opening new Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) accounts after demonetisation (post November 8, 2017). One-fifth of the more than five crore new PMJDY accounts, from November 9, 2016 to November 8, 2017 were opened in Uttar Pradesh. With this, the total accounts under PMJDY has crossed 4 crore in Uttar Pradesh.
- Which state is hosting the first edition of its Hot Air Balloon Festival?
2. Andhra Pradesh
3. Madhya Pradesh
5. OdishaAnswer – 2. Andhra Pradesh
Araku Valley of Andhra Pradesh is hosting the first edition of its Hot Air Balloon Festival. The Hot Air Balloon Festival is organised by SkyWaltz and supported by Andhra Pradesh tourism. The festival will feature unique balloons from 13 countries. Some of the participating countries are India, Australia, USA, Brazil and South Korea. Extraordinary shaped balloons like the Seahorse, the Kiwi, the Bee and many more are lined up in the festival. This festival is being organised to promote tourism.
- Which State Government gave approval for setting up a ‘State Ayush Society’ with an aim to promote the usage of alternative medicine in the state?
5. MizoramAnswer – 2. Bihar
Bihar State Government gave approval for setting up a ‘State Ayush Society’ with an aim to promote the usage of alternative medicine in the state. Approval for setting up a ‘State Ayush Society’ was given at a State cabinet meeting chaired by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. Bihar’s ‘State Ayush Society’ will be set up as part of Central Government’s “National Ayush Mission”. It will be registered under the Society Registration Act.
- Aiming at what, the Indian armed forces released ‘Joint Training Doctrine Indian Armed Forces – 2017’, aimed at ensuring integration amongst the three defence services and optimum utilisation of resources.
1. Integration amongst the three defence services
2. Optimum utilisation of resources
3. Pension after their retirement
5. 2&3Answer – 4. 1&2
Indian armed forces released ‘Joint Training Doctrine Indian Armed Forces – 2017’, aimed at ensuring integration amongst the three defence services and optimum utilisation of resources. This document was released by Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba in presence of Army Chief, General Bipin Rawat, IAF Chief, Air Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa and Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to the Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC), Lt Gen Satish Dua.
- In which district of chhatisgarh, the India’s 1st Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit was held at?
5. DantewadaAnswer – 5. Dantewada
India’s 1st Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit was held in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh on November 14, 2017. It has been organised as a run up to the upcoming 8th Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES), which will be held in Hyderabad from 28th – 30th November, 2017. The objective of Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit was to inspire and inculcate the spirit of entrepreneurship in tribal youth and thereby move towards tribal-centric sustainable and inclusive development.
- In which country, the 31tst ASEAN Summit and Related Summits were held at?
5. IndonesiaAnswer – 3. Philippines
31tst ASEAN Summit and Related Summits were held in Manila, Philippines from 10th – 14th November, 2017.Philippines President Rodrigo Roa Duterte chaired the plenary session of the 31st ASEAN Summit. It is to be noted that (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) ASEAN Chairmanship for 2017 is held by Philippines.‘Partnering for Change, Engaging the World’, has been the theme of Philippines’ Chairmanship of ASEAN in 2017.
- Name the country recently joined as 169th of 196 countries that are members of the UN climate convention to take the legal step of ratification.
5. MalaysiaAnswer – 3. Syria
Syria has become the 169th of 196 countries that are members of the UN climate convention to take the legal step of ratification. After Nicaragua signed up in October 2017, Syria was the only country not to have adopted the pact. Another 27 nations that have signed the treaty have yet to pass domestic laws required for full accession.
- According to the survey released by online streaming platform Netflix, Indians have been adjudged in which position in the public bingers in the world (Binge means excessive indulgence in an activity)?
5. FifthAnswer – 2. Second
As per a survey released by online streaming platform Netflix, binge watching in public is on the rise among Indian population. Indians have been adjudged as the second-highest public bingers in the world, just behind Mexico. ‘Binge’ means excessive indulgence in an activity. As per the survey, number of Indians found to be binge watching in public has increased by 71% as compared to last year. Prevalence of binge watching in public is highest in Mexico (89%) followed by India (88%).
- In which Indian city, the US Consulate General launched ‘Youth for Business-Y4BIZ’, a support programme for young entrepreneurs in the eastern region of India?
5. KolkataAnswer – 5. Kolkata
The US Consulate General, Kolkata launched ‘Youth for Business-Y4BIZ’, a support programme for young entrepreneurs in the eastern region of India. Under ‘Youth for Business-Y4BIZ’ programme, a group of 50 young entrepreneurs will be supported to transform their business ideas from the initial stage to a sustainable business model. This programme will be launched soon in three other cities of eastern India – Guwahati (Assam) , Patna (Bihar), Ranchi (Jharkhand).
- Which country launched a Four-day long symposium to discuss ways to promote the economic and food value of buffalo?
5. SingaporeAnswer – 2. Nepal
Four-day long symposium to discuss ways to promote the economic and food value of buffalo, organised by Agriculture and Forestry University at Chitawan, Nepal begun on November 15, 2017. The symposium “Increase in buffalo production for food and economic growth” is being held in Nepal for the first time. It has been organised in collaboration with the Government of Nepal, the Ministry of Livestock Development, Department of Livestock Service, Nepal Agriculture Research Council and Michigan State University, US.
- Where did the UN Peacekeeping Defence Ministerial Conference 2017 was held at?
1. Toronto, Canada
2. Montreal, Canada
3. Calgary, Canada
4. Vancouver, Canada
5. Ottawa, CanadaAnswer – 4. Vancouver, Canada
UN Peacekeeping Defence Ministerial Conference 2017 was held in Vancouver, Canada on 14th & 15th November, 2017. This conference was the largest gathering of Defence ministers of countries who support UN Peacekeeping operations. Over 500 delegates from more than 70 countries and international organizations attended this conference.
- Which country promised to simplify its visa rules for Indians from January 2018 and issue multiple-entry visa for short-term stays?
5. MalaysiaAnswer – 2. Japan
the Japanese embassy said that, Japan will simplify its visa rules for Indians from January 2018 and issue multiple-entry visa for short-term stays. Multiple entry visas with a validity of maximum five years and stay of maximum 90 days will be issued to applicants who have travel records to Japan twice or more in the last one year. In this case, the eligible applicants may submit only their passports and visa application form. Their employment certificate and explanation letter will be exempted.
- What is the target set by ISA (International Solar Alliance) to achieve in 2030?
5. 10000GWAnswer – 4. 1000GW
The 1000 GW solar energy capacity target by 2030 has been set by the ISA. It will be met through projects that ISA will support under its various work programmes. This target does not take into account renewable energy targets or projects that countries are pursuing on their own as part of their national efforts. This initiative by India to harness the untapped resource of sunshine-rich countries between the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn was backed by France, and was launched at the Paris climate talks in 2015.
- Which company partners with Maharashtra for the Rs 25000 crore cow project on 800 acres at Heti (Kundi) village in Vidarbha, Maharshtra?
5. PaysenseAnswer – 1. Patanjali
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari announced that, Maharashtra governemnt would raise a Rs 25,000 crore project on 800 acres at Heti (Kundi) village in Vidarbha, Maharshtra. This project is to be carried forward with the help of Ramdev’s Patanjali group. According to Nitin Gadkari, Patanjali will purchase 10,000 cows to develop a breeding centre and to carry out dairy and allied activities at the site.
- Who is India’s first woman lawyer to be graduated from Bombay University?
1. Vrinda Grover
2. Karuna Nundy
3. Cornelia Sorabji
4. Sudha Bharadwaj
5. Sheela MurthyAnswer – 3. Cornelia Sorabji
Cornelia Sorabji is the first woman to graduate in law from India in 1892 and the first Indian national to attend a British University. The Google Doodle was created by Jasjyot Singh Hans with Cornelia Sorabji in front of the Allahabad High Court, where she started her career as pleader. Cornelia was born in Nashik in 1866. She became the first woman to be graduated from Bombay University.
- Who has been appointed as the new chairman of the leading stock exchange BSE?
1. Chris Hohn
2. Ravi Narain
3. Sudhakar Rao
4. Sethurathnam Ravi
5. S RamadoraiAnswer – 4. Sethurathnam Ravi
S Ravi, who was a public interest director at the BSE, replaced Dhirendra Swarup as chairman of BSE with effect from 13 November 2017. Presently, Ravi serves as a director on boards of various companies such as IDBI Capital Markets Services, UTI Trustee Company, S Ravi Financial Management Services, SMERA Ratings, SBI-SG Global Securities, IDBI Bank, STCI Finance, Tourism Finance Corporation of India and BOI Merchant Bankers.
- What is the National power portal launched by the Power Minister R K Singh for the collation and dissemination of Indian power sector information?
5. http://powernpp.gov.inAnswer – 2. http://npp.gov.in
Power Minister R K Singh launched a National Power Portal (NPP), a centralised platform for collation and dissemination of Indian power sector information. The NPP would be a single point interface for all power sector apps launched previously by the power ministry. The portal may be accessed at http://npp.gov.in. The NPP is a centralised system for the power sector which facilitates online data capture/input (daily, monthly, annually) from generation, transmission and distribution utilities.
- US approves “Abilify MyCite”, the first pill with digital tracking device to cure which psychological disease?
2. Clinical Depression
3. Anxiety Disorder
5. AtelophobiaAnswer – 1. Schizophrenia
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved “Abilify MyCite” the first drug in the United States with a digital ingestion tracking system, to ensure that patients with mental illness take the medicine prescribed for them. The drug Abilify MyCite was developed by Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. It was first approved by the FDA in 2002 to treat schizophrenia. The ingestible sensor, made by Proteus Digital health, was approved for marketing in 2012.
- Astronomers have spotted close encounter between two hyper-luminous galaxies, collectively known as ______?
5. ADFS-29Answer – 2. ADFS-27
For the first time, astronomers have spotted close encounter between two hyper-luminous galaxies, collectively known as ADFS-27, bright and massive galaxies in the early universe. Astronomers captured these two interacting galaxies, collectively known as ADFS-27, as they began the gradual process of merging into a single, massive elliptical galaxy. The study published in the Astrophysical Journal said that, the ADFS-27 system has approximately 50 times the amount of star-forming gas as the Milky Way.
- Who becomes the first Indian golfer to qualify for LPGA (Ladies Professional Golf Association) Tour Championships?
1. Sharmila Nicollet
2. Maria Verchenova
3. Aditi Ashok
4. Sandra Gal
5. Lexi ThompsonAnswer – 3. Aditi Ashok
Aditi Ashok has qualified for the CME Group Tour Championship on the LPGA (Ladies Professional Golf Association), becoming the first from India to play in the prestigious meet. Aditi Ashok is one of the eight rookies to make it to the LPGA Tour Championships, one of the strongest fields in women’s golf. Also, Aditi has succeeded in keeping her LPGA card for 2018 after a sterling rookie season.
- Who is Abdul Mannan Hossain?
1. Former MP
2. Former MLA
3. Former CM
5. JournalistAnswer – 1. Former MP
Former Murshidabad MP and senior Trinamool Congress leader Abdul Mannan Hossain died at Belle vue clinic due to age related problems, in Kolkata. Abdul Mannan Hossain was suffering from old age problems and was admitted to Belle vue clinic where he passed away on 14 November 2017, in Kolkata. He was 65 years old. He is survived by his two wives, two sons and two daughters. He was a Congress leader and a two term MP of the party from 2004-2014.
- To which of the below given field, the recently passed Jagdish Mohan belongs to?
5. DancerAnswer – 1. Vocalist
noted Hindustani vocalist of Kirana Gharana, Jagdish Mohan died in New Delhi. Jagdish Mohan passed away at his residence in New Delhi on 14th November 2017. He was 87 years old. He hailed from Uttarakhand’s Haridwar. He was born on 4 March, 1930. He was awarded the title of Sangeet Sartaj by Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh. He was a regular performer at the All India Radio and Doordarshan.
- In which Indian state, the International Hornbill Festival is celebrated?
5. BiharAnswer – 2. Nagaland
President Ram Nath Kovind will attend the inaugural programme of the International Hornbill Festival in Nagaland on 1st December. Chief Minister TR Zeliang made the announcement about President Kovind’s presence at the programme at a meeting to review preparation of the festival to be held at the Naga Heritage village at Kisama, around 12 km from Kohima. The President is scheduled to arrive in Kohima on November 30 and will depart for New Delhi the next afternoon after the programme.
- Where did the 7th Regional Economic Cooperation Conference on Afghanistan held at?
5. UzbekistanAnswer – 1. Turkmenistan
The 7th Regional Economic Cooperation Conference on Afghanistan begins in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan on Tuesday (November 14) to discuss investment opportunities in war-torn country. Political and business leaders from 40 countries are attending the conference will focus on key aspects for the economic development of Afghanistan. Representatives of 30 regional and international organizations are expected to submit their proposals on how to rebuild Afghanistan’s economy after decades of violent conflict.
Static GK questions from Current Affairs
- Where is Valmiki National Park located?
Answer – West Champaran district , Bihar
- E in GES?
Answer – Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES)
- What has been the theme of Philippines’ Chairmanship of ASEAN in 2017?
Answer – Partnering for Change, Engaging the World
- Where is the headquarters of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations )?
Answer – Jakarta, Indonesia
- Expand – UNFCCC.
Answer – United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- Who is the CEO of Netflix?
Answer – Reed Hastings
- M in MCX?
Answer – Multi Commodity Exchange
Where is the headquarters of Food and Drug Administration (FDA)?
Who is MD & CEO of Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)?