AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 14 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
Click Here to Read Current Affairs November 14 2018
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated an inland port in Varanasi on the Ganga River connecting Uttar Pradesh holy city and Haldia in West Bengal for navigation of large vessels, worth _____ rupees, with aid from World Bank, on 12th November 2018?
1) Rs 5,369.18 crore
2) Rs 2,678.45 crore
3) Rs 6,345.20 crore
4) Rs 7,899.99 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 5,369.18 crore
On November 12, 2018, the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, visited Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. During his visit, he dedicated, inaugurated or laid the foundation stone of projects worth Rs. 2413 crore. The following lists the projects inaugurated:
• an inland port in Varanasi on the Ganga River connecting Uttar Pradesh holy city and Haldia in West Bengal for navigation of large vessels, worth Rs. 5,369.18 crore, with aid from World Bank.
• Construction of Multimodal Terminal on the River Ganga at Ramnagar,
• Varanasi Ring Road Phase 1,
• Construction for four laning of Babatpur-Varanasi Section of NH-56.
- Which union ministry prepared a draft of new Scheme called Indian Wind Turbine Certification Scheme (IWTCS) in consultation with National Institute of Wind Energy, Chennai?
1) Ministry of Human Resource Development
2) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
3) Ministry of MSME (Micro Small and Medium Enterprises)
4) Ministry of Finance
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
On November 13, 2018, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy prepared a draft of new Scheme called Indian Wind Turbine Certification Scheme (IWTCS). This was done in consultation with National Institute of Wind Energy Chennai. The draft Scheme comprises of guidelines for the benefit of all the stakeholders from concept to lifetime of wind turbine. This would benefit:
• Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
• End Users -Utilities, SNAs, Developers, IPPs, Owners, Authorities, Investors and Insurers
- Government set up a state-of-the-art National Data Repository, on November 13, 2018. It will be wholly funded by _____?
1) World Bank
2) Government of India
3) International Monetary Fund
4) National Geo-scientific Society
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Government of India
On November 13, 2018, Government set up a state of -the- art National Data Repository. This was announced by the Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan at the DG Carbons Roadshow programme in Abu Dhabi. This will consist of a database of all the geo-scientific data of hydrocarbon resources in the country populated – over 9.3 lakh line kilometres of 2D seismic, 2.8 lakh square km of 3D seismic and 1,717 well data. This will enable organization and regulation of data for use in future exploration, and development, besides use by R&D and other educational institutions. It will be wholly funded by Government of India and will be housed with the Directorate General of Hydrocarbons. With this, India has joined the league of countries like UK and Norway which have a National Data Repository for the upstream sector.
- Name the Indian naval ship that reached the port of Surabaya in Indonesia to participate in the inaugural edition of Indian Navy – Indonesian Navy Bilateral Exercise ‘Samudra Shakti’ from 12th to 18th November 2018?
1) INS Veer
2) INS Shakthi
3) INS Rana
4) INS Prithvi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) INS Rana
On November 12, 2018, INS Rana reached the port of Surabaya in Indonesia to participate in the 7-day inaugural edition of Indian Navy – Indonesian Navy Bilateral Exercise ‘Samudra Shakti’. The exercise would consist of the following: Starting with a Harbour Phase scheduled from 12 to 15 Nov, a Sea Phase scheduled from 16 to 18 Nov. It would include operations such as Joint Manoeuvres, Helicopter Operations, Surface Warfare exercise, ASW exercise and Anti-Piracy exercises. India is represented by : INS Rana of the Eastern Fleet based at Visakhapatnam under the Eastern Naval Command.
- India increased its financial contribution to United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) from 1 million dollars in 2016 to _____ dollars in 2018?
1) 2 million dollars
2) 3 million dollars
3) 4 million dollars
4) 5 million dollars
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 5 million dollars
On November 13, 2018, India increased its financial contribution to the UN agency for Palestinian refugees, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA). This was announced by First Secretary in India’s Permanent Mission to the UN Mahesh Kumar at the UN General Assembly Fourth Committee meeting on the UNRWA. It was increased five-fold to the agency’s core budget, from one million dollars in 2016 to five million dollars in 2018. India is also committed to contribute five million dollars in 2019.
- Which Corporation and Vilnius signed a MoU of cooperation as part of ‘International Urban Cooperation’ in Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania, on 13th November 2018?
1) Mumbai Corporation
2) Kochi Corporation
3) Bhubaneswar Corporation
4) Visakhapatnam Corporation
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kochi Corporation
On November 13, 2018, Kochi Corporation and Vilnius signed a memorandum of understanding of cooperation in Vilnius, the capital city of Lithuania. The MOU was signed by: Kochi Corporation delegation and opposition leader K.J. Antony to Vilnius. It was signed as a part of the European Union (EU) project ‘International Urban Cooperation’. The MOU consists of cooperation in:
• Urban planning,
• Corporate planning,
• Solid water management and water management.
- Where did Union minister of state for Ayush, Shripad Naik lay the foundation stone for the All India Institute of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, on 13th November 2018?
1) Dhargal, Goa
2) Kozhikode, Kerala
3) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
4) Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Dhargal, Goa
On November 13, 2018, Union minister of state for Ayush Shripad Naik laid the foundation stone for the All India Institute of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy at Dhargal, North Goa. The project will be a medical hub and will contribute to research due to its proximity to the biodiverse Western Ghats and the sea. The institute will house a 100-bed hospital, outpatient department and a research centre; and offer postgraduate and PhD courses. It will also boost tourism in Goa by offering various short-term courses on yoga and naturopathy.
- Where was the 3rd annual meeting of World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Future Councils held on 12th and 13th November 2018?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3) Tokyo, Japan
4) Beijing, China
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Dubai, United Arab Emirates
On November 13, 2018, the 2 day 3rd annual meeting of World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Future Councils concluded in Dubai, UAE. This year’s Annual Meeting theme is: Globalization 4.0: Shaping a Global Architecture in the Age of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Comprising 38 distinct councils, the community of Global Future Councils covers subject areas like: Global financial system, geopolitics, cities and urbanization, cybersecurity and the bio-economy. Ideas generated at the meeting will be adopted and integrated into the programme of the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2019 in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland, in January 2019.
- Which country has been named the safest country to visit, according to a report by ‘Which? Travel’, a travel magazine?
1) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Iceland
On November 13, 2018, according to a report by Which? Travel, Iceland is the safest country to visit. Iceland topped the charts with the lowest risk of a natural disaster as well as crime rates. It was followed by UAE, Singapore, Spain and Australia in the top 5. South Africa came last owing to a high risk of crime, health and terrorism. Turkey was ranked the second most dangerous preceded by Thailand, India, and Mexico.
- Where was the meeting for trade Ministers of Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) held on 12th and 13th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Singapore
On November 12, 2018, the 2-day meeting for trade Ministers of Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership began in Singapore. Indian delegation will be headed by: Union Minister for Commerce and Industry Shri. Suresh Prabhu. Singapore is the current chair of the ASEAN countries and so it is hosting the summit. This ministerial meeting will be followed by RCEP Leaders Summit on November 14, 2018.
- Amnesty International has withdrawn ‘Ambassador of Conscience’ Award, from which leader, based on accusations of supporting human rights abuses by not taking efforts to stop violence against the Rohingya Muslim minority?
1) Htin Kyaw
2) Min Hyu
3) Aung San Suu Kyi
4) Xi Jinping
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Aung San Suu Kyi
Amnesty International has withdrawn ‘Ambassador of Conscience’ Award, from Myanmar Councillor Aung San Suu Kyi, accusing her of supporting human rights abuses by not taking efforts to stop violence against the Rohingya Muslim minority. Amnesty International awarded Ambassador of Conscience Award, which is a human rights award, to Aung San Suu Kyi in 2009. On 11th November 2018, 73-year old Aung San Suu Kyi was informed of the withdrawal of this award. She has been withdrawn from various international honours because of the Rohingya issue that started in August 2017.
- Name the American Rock and Roll singer who will be awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom posthumously, by United States on 16th November 2018?
1) Elvis Presley
2) Jeremy Reed
3) Harrison Alfred
4) Andrew Delfino
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Elvis Presley
On 10th November 2018, 7 people including Elvis Presley were announced as recipients of Presidential Medal of Freedom, by the White House, United States. The 7 seven recipients of Presidential Medal of Freedom are:
• Orrin Hatch– one of the longest-serving Senators in American history
• Miriam Adelson– doctor
• Alan C Page –jurist, athlete, and philanthropist
• Roger Staubach– football player
• Elvis Presley– Rock and Roll singer
• Antonin Scalia– one of the greatest Supreme Court justices in American history
• George Herman “Babe” Ruth– baseball player
Elvis Presley is awarded the medal posthumously for his contribution to American culture. Presidential Medal of Freedom is the highest civilian honor of the United States of America. The recipients will be awarded the medal on 16th November 2018.
- Who was honoured with the “Lifetime Achievement Award” posthumously at the 6th Indian Social Work Congress in New Delhi, on 13th November 2018?
1) Dr. Martha Farrell
2) Dr. Ramon Pereis
3) Dr. Reeta Kumar
4) Dr. Kriti Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Dr. Martha Farrell
On November 13, 2018, Late Dr. Martha Farrell was honoured with the “Lifetime Achievement Award” at the 6th Indian Social Work Congress in New Delhi. She was recognized for her lifelong work towards gender equality, women’s empowerment and prevention of sexual harassment at workplace. In 1991, she co-founded Creative Learning for Change, an NGO for students, teachers and facilitators in non-formal settings. In 2014, she published the first Indian book on the subject, “Engendering the Workplace: Gender Discrimination and Prevention of Sexual Harassment in Organizations”.
- Who was appointed as Chief Representative for Asia and the Pacific by Bank for International Settlements (BIS), on 13th November 2018?
1) Vinod Dasari
2) Siddharth Tiwari
3) Vidanth Sharma
4) Anshul Agrawal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Siddharth Tiwari
On November 13, 2018, the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) announced appointment of Siddharth Tiwari as Chief Representative for Asia and the Pacific. He succeeded Eli Remolona, who was Chief Representative of the Asian Office from 2008 to 2018. Prior to this, he served as the Executive Secretary to the G20 Eminent Persons Group on Global Financial Governance. He also is a veteran of the International Monetary Fund.
- Who was appointed as a non-executive director of Vodafone Group, on 9th November 2018?
1) Arpit Mehta
2) Sanjiv Ahuja
3) Indra Chatterjee
4) Pihu Goyal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Sanjiv Ahuja
On 9th November 2018, Vodafone Group appointed Sanjiv Ahuja as a non-executive director with immediate effect. Sanjiv Ahuja is the Chairman of Tillman Global Holdings, which was founded by him in 2013. He was Chief Operating Officer and President of Telcordia Technologies. He held various roles in Orange Telecommunications namely Chief Operating Officer, Chief Executive and Chairman. He was CEO and Chairman of wireless broadband companies LightSquared and Augere. He also founded and chaired Eaton Towers, a telecom infrastructure company, in Africa. He was on the boards of Telenor ASA, Network Appliance, Cadbury Schweppes and Williams Sonoma.
- Who was appointed as brand ambassador of Chennai-based Bharat Matrimony, on 12th November 2018?
1) Trisha Krishnan
2) R Ashwin
4) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Chennai-based Bharat Matrimony announced that it has roped in Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni as its brand ambassador, on 12th November 2018. The company will soon launch a 360-degree marketing campaign featuring advertisments to target singles across TV, print, radio and outdoor mediums.
- Which space agency has planned to send tissue chips or organs-on-chips, to the International Space Station (ISS) to test their response to stress, drugs and genetic changes?
1) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
2) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
3) European Space Agency (ESA)
4) China National Space Administration (CNSA)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) has planned to send tissue chips or organs-on-chips, to the International Space Station (ISS) to test their response to stress, drugs and genetic changes. The tissue chips are small devices containing human cells in a 3D matrix. They are made of flexible plastic. They have ports and channels to provide nutrients and oxygen to the cells inside them. This “Tissue Chips in Space” initiative will help to understand the role of microgravity on human health and disease. NASA is planning the investigations in collaboration with: Center for the Advancement of Science in Space (CASIS) and the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) at the National Institutes for Health (NIH). The 1st phase will have 5 investigations. An investigation of immune system ageing will be launched on the SpaceX CRS-16 flight, in 2018.
- Which country won the 2018 Fed Cup Trophy for the 6th time in eight years, in Czech Republic, on 11th November 2018?
1) United States
2) Czech Republic
3) South Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Czech Republic
On 11th November 2018, Czech Republic won the 2018 Fed Cup Trophy for the 6th time in eight years, in Czech Republic. Czech Republic defeated defending champion United States 3-0 in the final and won the 2018 Fed Cup. It was the first victory for Czech Republic against United States, since Czech Republic was created after separation from Czechoslovakia in 1993. U.S. has won 18 Fed Cups so far. Lucie Safarova and Helena Sukova of Czech Republic were awarded the Fed Cup Commitment Awards.
- Name the cricketer who won his 7th Man of the Series award in ODIs, as India won the ODI series against West Indies, held between 21st October and 1st November 2018, across several cities of India?
1) Virat Kohli
2) Prithvi Shaw
3) Kuldeep Yadav
4) Shikhar Dawan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Virat Kohli
From 4th October to 11th November 2018, the international cricket team of West Indies visited India and played 2 Test matches, 5 One Day Internationals (ODIs) matches and 3 Twenty20 International (T20I) matches. India won the Test Series 2-0 against West Indies. Prithvi Shaw was named the man-of-the-series. Prithvi Shaw who is 18-year-old finished the series with 237 runs. He became the 15th Indian to score a Test century on debut. India won the ODI Series 3-1 against West Indies. Virat Kohli won his 7th Man of the Series award in ODIs. He has equaled the record of Sourav Ganguly and Yuvraj Singh. Virat Kohli scored 453 runs and finished as the highest-run getter of the series. The matches were held at Guwahati, Visakhapatnam, Pune, Mumbai and Thiruvananthapuram from 21st October to 1st November 2018. India won the T20 Series 3-0. Kuldeep Yadav was named the Man of the Series.
- Roshan Lal Sethi died following a long term illness, at his residence in Delhi, on 10th November 2018. What was his profession?
2) Sports Journalist
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Sports Journalist
On 10th November 2018, sports journalist Roshan Lal Sethi died following a long term illness, at his residence in Delhi. He was 81 years old. In 1964, he started his career as a sports journalist with Motherland newspaper. Till 1975, he was associated with it as sports editor. He also worked with the Indian Express, Hindustan Times, National Herald, Navbharat Times and Sandhya Times.
- Stan Lee died in Los Angeles, United States, on 12th November 2018. He was a _____?
1) Social Activist
2) Comic book writer
4) Baseball Player
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Comic book writer
American comic book writer and former chief of Marvel Comics Stan Lee died in Los Angeles, United States, on 12th November 2018. He was 95 years old. Lee created the Fantastic Four for Marvel Comics in 1961 and went on to create titles like Spider-Man and The Incredible Hulk.
- When was World Pneumonia Day observed all over the world?
1) November 11
2) November 12
3) November 13
4) November 10
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) November 12
On 12th November 2018, World Pneumonia Day was observed throughout the world. In 2009, the first World Pneumonia Day was observed as a joint effort by various organisations. This day aims to create awareness about pneumonia and focus the efforts to protect, prevent and treat pneumonia. Pneumonia is one of the major causes of deaths in children under 5 years of age. It is a lung infection caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi, or parasites.
- When was World Kindness Day celebrated throughout the world?
1) November 10
2) November 11
3) November 12
4) November 13
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) November 13
On 13th November 2018, World Kindness Day was celebrated all over the world. In 1998, World Kindness Day was introduced by the World Kindness Movement, which is a coalition of various kindness NGOs. World Kindness Day is observed annually on November 13. The World Kindness Movement was formed at a conference in Tokyo, Japan, in 1997. Over 28 countries are members of this movement. World Kindness Day highlights good deeds in the society, and stresses on the importance kindness as a binding factor between members of the society.
- World Antibiotic Awareness Week (WAAW) is observed on _____ throughout the world?
1) November 12 to 18, 2018
2) November 5 to 11, 2018
3) November 19 to 25, 2018
4) November 26 to 30, 2018
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) November 12 to 18, 2018
On November 12, 2018 marks the commencement of World Antibiotic Awareness Week (WAAW) that would conclude in November 18, 2018. It is observed to increase global awareness of antibiotic resistance and to encourage best practices among the general public. For 2018, the World Health Organization has developed a range of materials for WAAW in all UN languages to help countries reflect their unique priorities. It would consist of multi-day messaging campaign focusing on 5 “focus” days of tailored social media messaging around each of the Objectives. According to this, Ministries of Health will participate in WAAW 2018 by marking all or just some of these “focus” days by speaking up on social media.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the Commissioner General of United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA)?Pierre Krähenbühl
- Where is Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary located?Goa
- Name the President and headquarters of World Economic Forum?President – Børge Brende; Headquarters – Cologny, Switzerland
- What is the capital and currency of Lithuania?Capital – Vilnius; Currency – Euro
- Name the Chairman and headquarters of Bank for International Settlements (BIS)?Chairman – Jens Weidmann; Headquarters – Basel, Switzerland
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification