AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 13 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Where did, the Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports Rajyavardhan Rathore released the ‘India Youth Development Index and Report 2017’?
3. New Delhi
5. KolkataAnswer – 3. New Delhi
Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports (Independent Charge), Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore released the ‘India Youth Development Index and Report 2017’ in New Delhi. For constructing Youth Development Index for the year 2017, the latest definition of youth (15-29 years) as used in India’s National Youth Policy – 2014 and World Youth Development Report of Commonwealth has been taken into consideration.
- With which government owned firm, the Rail Land Development Authority has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU), to redevelop 10 railway stations across India with airport-like amenities by year 2020?
1. National Buildings Construction Company (NBCC)
2. Engineers India
3. NTPC Ltd
4. Rural Electrification Corporation
5. Central Warhousing CorporationAnswer – 1. National Buildings Construction Company (NBCC)
Rail Land Development Authority has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with government owned infrastructure firm NBCC to redevelop 10 railway stations across India with airport-like amenities by year 2020. 10 railway stations which would be redeveloped as per this MoU are Delhi Sarai Rohilla, Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh), Gomti Nagar (Uttar Pradesh), Kota (Rajsthan), Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh), Nellore (Andhra Pradesh), Ernakulam (Kerala), Puducherry, Madgaon (Goa) and Thane (Maharashra).
- Name the states where the Sainik Sankshema Sabha will be organised?
1. Andhra Pradesh & Telengana
2. Telengana & Karnataka
3. Gujarat & Maharashtra
4. Punjab & Madhya Pradesh
5. Madhya Pradesh & RajasthanAnswer – 1. Andhra Pradesh & Telengana
Ex-servicemen Welfare Board officials said that, Sainik Sankshema Sabha will be organised in all districts in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. The announcement was made at a rally and a grievance redressal programme organised in Hyderabad. Lieutenant General R.K. Anand who is the General Officer Commanding Dakshin Bharat Area inaugurated the rally. He said that, all measures were being taken by the Indian Army to reach ex-servicemen and widows of those who had served in the forces.
- Which city will host the 34th annual conference of the Asian Bankers Association (ABA) on 16th and 17th November 2017?
5. VadodaraAnswer – 2. Mumbai
Mumbai is to host the 34th annual conference of the Asian Bankers Association (ABA) on 16th and 17th November 2017. The Asian Bankers Association (ABA) summit will be hosted by State Bank. The theme for this year’s summit is ‘Asia’s turn to transform’. The event is expected to be attended by more than 160 domestic and international bankers.
- Which part of India is set to get India’s first-ever “Air Dispensary” based in a helicopter?
5. NorthSouthAnswer – 3. Northeast
Northeast is set to get India’s first-ever “Air Dispensary” based in a helicopter and the Union Ministry of Development of Northeast (DONER) has already contributed Rs. 25 crore as part of the initial funding. As per the plan, helicopter will be based at two locations, namely Imphal in Manipur and Meghalaya in Shillong. From these two locations, specialist doctors, paramedical staff and necessary equipment, would move into the helicopter and hold a dispensary in different locations across the eight States of North Eastern Region.
- In which city, the United Nations is set to open its first official talks on the use of autonomous weapons, including killer robots, at the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons (CCW) for 5 days?
5. BaselAnswer – 3. Geneva
the United Nations is set to open its first official talks on the use of autonomous weapons, including killer robots, at the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons (CCW) for 5 days, in Geneva. The meeting is chaired by Indian ambassador on disarmament, Amandeep Gill. He said that, anything resembling a ban, or even a treaty, is unlikely to be imposed on killer robots. The discussion will also include civil society and technology companies. It will be partly focused on understanding the types of weapons in the pipeline.
- In which country, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) and inaugurated ‘Shri Narendra Modi Resilient Rice Field Laboratory’ which was named after him?
2. South Africa
5. PhilippinesAnswer – 5. Philippines
Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) in Los Banos, Philippines and inaugurated ‘Shri Narendra Modi Resilient Rice Field Laboratory’ named after him. Narendra Modi unveiled a plaque to mark the inauguration of the ‘Shri Narendra Modi Resilient Rice Field Laboratory’. He also undertook a symbolic ground breaking for a new plot for submergence tolerant rice varieties and presented two Indian rice seed varieties to the IRRI (International Rice Research Institute) gene bank.
- India holds which position in aviation market in the world with 131 million passengers per annum (for the year 2016)?
5. 7thAnswer – 2. 4th
As per a report by global consultancy and research firm, Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA), India will be world’s third largest aviation market for departures by 2019.
Currently, India is the fourth largest aviation market in the world with 131 million passengers per annum (for the year 2016). US is the largest aviation market with 815 million passengers, followed by China(490 million passengers) and Japan(141 million passengers).
- Nepal has cancelled the Budhi Gandaki hydropower project with which country firm due to irregularities and lack of transparency?
5. SrilankaAnswer – 2. China
Nepal has cancelled the Budhi Gandaki hydropower project with the Chinese firm due to irregularities and lack of transparency. Nepal’s Deputy Prime Minister Kamal Thapa announced that, the power project with Chinese firm has been cancelled as directed by the parliamentary committee. It is said to be cancelled due to irregularities and lack of transparency. Budhi Gandaki Hydropower Project is a storage type project, located in Central/ Western Development region on the Budhi Gandaki River of Nepal.
- Which local government body has been given the 2017 ‘Bad Grammar Award’ by The Idler Academy in Britain?
1. Township England
2. Regional Assemblies In London
3. Transport For London
4. County Council London
5. Local Township EnglandAnswer – 3. Transport for London
Transport for London has been given the 2017 ‘Bad Grammar Award’ by The Idler Academy in Britain. The award is instituted by an academy associated with the Idler magazine. It is given to highlight “the incorrect use of English by people and institutions who should know better”. The recipients were decided by a panel of judges that included television host Jeremy Paxman, Virginia Ironside, Beatrix Macintyre, Victoria Hull and Tom Hodgkinson.
- Which country’s first Hindu Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha has resigned after facing financial irregularities and money laundering allegations?
5. ChinaAnswer – 1. Bangladesh
Bangladesh’s first Hindu Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha has resigned after facing financial irregularities and money laundering allegations. Surendra Kumar Sinha led the Supreme Court to a landmark verdict which scrapped Parliament’s power to remove judges on grounds of misconduct and incapacity, in August 2017. This went against the government. He left Bangladesh in October 2017, in the middle of rumours that, he had been pressured to step aside. Immediately after he left Bangladesh, he was accused of serious crimes including money laundering and financial irregularities.
- What is the name of the project launched by the Central government to connect 1.5 lakh gram panchayats with high-speed broadband by March 2019?
5. BharatConnectAnswer – 2. BharatNet
Central Government launched phase 2 of BharatNet project to connect 1.5 lakh gram panchayats with high-speed broadband by March 2019. Total financial outlay for Phase 2 is around Rs. 34,000 crore.Under Phase 2, BSNLwill roll out optical fibre in eight states that were not covered under the first phase. These eight states are Assam, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Jammu & Kashmir and Sikkim.
- Scientists created a new organic material that generates electricity when stressed and it works on what effect?
1. Photo-electric effect
2. Fission reaction
3. Fusion reaction
4. Piezo-electric effect
5. Combined fission fusion reactionAnswer – 4. Piezo-electric effect
A flexible new material has been developed by researchers from Empa, the Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology, which generates electricity when stressed. The researchers have created a thin, flexible, rubbery material that generates electricity when stretched and compressed. This works using Piezo-electric effect.
- Scientists from which country has launched a dinner table app named ‘VegEze’ in an effort to tackle aversion towards consuming vegetables?
5. AustraliaAnswer – 5. Australia
Australian scientists launched a dinner table app named ‘VegEze’ in an effort to tackle aversion towards consuming vegetables. VegEze app has been developed by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO). It aims to encourage Australians to add extra vegetables to their daily diets. CSIRO nutritionists will study how effective the app’s game-like nature is at changing people’s eating patterns as part of a broader research study.
- Who has won his 17th world title at the IBSF World Billiards Championship 2017 in Doha, Qatar?
1. Geet Sethi
2. Michael Ferreira
3. Subash Agarwal
4. Pankaj Advani
5. Sourav KothariAnswer – 4. Pankaj Advani
Indian cueist Pankaj Advani has won his 17th world title at the IBSF World Billiards Championship 2017 in Doha, Qatar. Pankaj Advani beat Mike Russell of England by 6-2 (0-155, 150-128, 92-151, 151-0, 151-6, 151-0, 150-58, 150-21) and won his 17th world title at the IBSF World Billiards Championship 2017. Pankaj Advani is the winner of maximum number of world titles in any sport by an Indian. He has increased his total with one more victory.
- Who won his sixth world championship and fourth in the premier MotoGP category with third place at the season-ending Valencia Grand Prix?
1. Dani Pedrosa
2. Marc Marquez
3. Jorge Lorenzo
4. Casey Stoner
5. Valentine RossiAnswer – 2. Marc Marquez
Spain’s Marc Marquez won his sixth world championship and fourth in the premier MotoGP category with third place at the season-ending Valencia Grand Prix. Marc Marquez was holding a commanding 21-point lead in the championship from Andrea Dovizioso and he was guaranteed the title with a top-11 finish or if Dovizioso failed to win the race. Dovizioso crashed out five laps from the end. Marc Marquez finished in the third position and won the MotoGP world title in the Valencia MotoGP 2017.
- Who received the ATP World Number 1 award on court, at the ATP World Tour Finals at the O2 Arena, in London?
1. Rafael Nadal
2. Novak Djokovic
3. Roger Federer
4. Andre Agassi
5. Rod LaverAnswer – 1. Rafael Nadal
Tennis player Rafael Nadal was presented the ATP World Number 1 award on court, at the ATP World Tour Finals at the O2 Arena, in London. Rafael Nadal replaced Andy Murray of Britain at Number 1 position on 21 August 2017. He has guaranteed the year-end Number 1 ranking for a fourth time following 2008, 2010 and 2013. Nadal has captured six titles, including two Grand Slam in the French Open and US Open and two ATP Masters 1000s in this season.
- When do the World Kindness Day celebrated all over the world?
1. 13th November
2. 14th November
3. 15th November
4. 16th November
5. 17th NovemberAnswer – 1. 13th November
On 13th November 2017, World Kindness Day was celebrated in various parts of the world. World Kindness Day is internationally observed on 13 November every year. It was introduced in 1998 by the World Kindness Movement a coalition of nations’ kindness NGOs. It is observed in many countries, including Canada, Japan, Australia, Nigeria and United Arab Emirates.
Static GK questions from Current Affairs
- Poorva Senani Kalyan Vibhag is known as___________.
Answer – Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare
- Where is Budhi Gandaki River located?
Answer – Nepal
- What is the capital and currency of Philippines?
Answer – Manila, Philippine peso
- What is the full form of CAPA?
Answer – Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation
- Expand ABA.
Answer – Asian Bankers Association
- What is Empa?
Answer – Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology
- Where is the headquarters of Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)?
Answer – Canberra, Australia
- Who will be called as” The King of Clay” in Tennis?
Answer – Rafael Nadal
- Who is the chairman of National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited(NBCC)?
Answer – Dr. Anoop Kumar Mittal
- O in NOFN?
Answer – optical , National Optical Fibre Network (NOFN)