AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 12 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which country will host the 12th edition of East Asia Summit (EAS-2017)?
5. TaiwanAnswer – 3. Philippines
The 12th edition of East Asia Summit (EAS) will be held in Angeles, Philippines on November 13 and 14, 2017. The East Asia Summit is a forum held annually by leaders of, initially,16 countries in the East Asian, Southeast Asian and South Asian regions. Membership expanded to 18 countries including the United States and Russia at the Sixth EAS in 2011, EAS meetings are held after annual ASEAN leaders meetings. The membership of EAS consists of ten ASEAN Member States (i.e. Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines and Vietnam), Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation and the USA.
- Where did the second meeting of Island Development Agency (IDA) held at?
5. AgartalaAnswer – 1. NewDelhi
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh chaired the second meeting of Island Development Agency (IDA) in New Delhi.The meeting was attended byGovernor of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Admiral D.K. Joshi, who is also the Vice Chairman of IDA. Other members of the IDA, Cabinet Secretary, P. K. Sinha, CEO of NITI Aayog, Amitabh Kant, Union Home Secretary, Rajiv Gauba, Union Environment, Forest & Climate Change Secretary, C. K. Mishra and representatives of Ministries of Tourism, Power, Defence, Health, Telecommunications and Civil Aviation also attended this meeting.
- Which Indian city is the most polluted one, according to Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) data?
5. LucknowAnswer – 3. Varanasi
According to Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) data, Varanasi’s Air Quality Index (AQI) at 4pm on 10th November 2017 was at 491 at Ardhali Bazar monitoring station, making it the most polluted city of India. The Air Quality Index (AQI) of Varanasi was at 491, just nine short of where the AQI scale ends at 500. This indicates a public health emergency.
- Sagar Kavach’ a joint security exercise will be organized by which two Indian neighbour states along their 630 km long coastline?
1. Odisha & WestBengal
2. Karnataka & Andhra Pradesh
3. Maharastra & Gujarat
4. Andhra Pradesh & TamilNadu
5. Kerala & KarnatakaAnswer – 1. Odisha & WestBengal
In a bid to tighten the existing coastal security mechanism, Odisha and its neighbouring state West Bengal will soon organize a joint security exercise named as ‘Sagar Kavach’along the 630 km long coastline. ’Sagar Kavach’ will be a real-time security exercise, conducted with an aim to check the efficacy of the security parameters and preparedness of various security forces viz. Indian Navy, Marine police force, Indian Coast Guard (ICG), Forest Department, Fisheries and district administration.
- As a part of the ongoing Indo-Bangladesh defense cooperation, an army training capsule on counter-insurgency operations will be conducted in which city’s Cantonment from November 13, 2017 to December 10, 2017?
5. ChandigarhAnswer – 3. Patna
As a part of the ongoing Indo-Bangladesh defense cooperation, an army training capsule on counter-insurgency operations will be conducted in Patna’s Danapur Cantonment from November 13, 2017 to December 10, 2017. This training capsule will be first of its kind being organised for the Bangladesh Army at Danapur Cantonment.
- In which State, India’s first Military Literature Festival would be held at?
2. Uttar Pradesh
4. New Delhi
5. BiharAnswer – 3. Punjab
Punjab State Government has announced that the first Military Literature Festival would be held in Chandigarh from 7th – 9th December, 2017. The event is being organised to pay tribute to the armed forces and spread awareness about Military Literature among masses. It will be jointly promoted by the Punjab government and Chandigarh Administration.
- In which city, the India’s first cartoon network theme park is to be set up?
5. JunagadhAnswer – 4. Surat
Turner International India, the parent entity of Cartoon Network brand has announced that it has entered into a brand partnership with a Gujarat-based private firm to set up India’s first cartoon network theme amusement park in Surat. Turner International India has entered into a brand partnership with Rajgreen (Gujarat based real estate, entertainment and hospitality group) for the launch of a 61000 square meter property Amaazia, in Surat.
- In which city, India’s biggest butterfly park is to be set up?
5. GurugramAnswer – 5. Gurugram
Haryana State Forests Minister Rao Narbir Singh, laid the foundation stone for a Butterfly Conservatory Park in Gurugram. Haryana State Forest Department is setting up this butterfly park to conserve the species of butterflies that are near extinction on account of urbanisation. This conservatory park will be developed on 15 acres in Sector 52 of Gurugram in association with a non-governmental organisation named Uthaan.
- In which city, The Russian film festival titled ‘Russian Film Days’ was inaugurated for cinema lovers?
5. KolkataAnswer – 4. NewDelhi
After the great success of the first two editions, the third edition of the Russian film festival titled‘Russian Film Days’ is now open for cinema lovers in NewDelhi until Sunday 12th Nov 2017. The Russian Film Days commences in Delhi from the 10th to 12th November, travels to Mumbai from 13th to 15th, and concludes at IFFI Goa from 21st to 28th of November. The festival will screen movies across genres like Comedy, thriller, drama, Sci-Fi, etc.
- What is India’s rank as the most vulnerable country in the world on Global Climate Risk Index (CRI) 2018 released by Germanwatch?
5. 10thAnswer – 1. 6th
India has ranked as sixth most vulnerable country in the world on Global Climate Risk Index (CRI) 2018 released by Germanwatch (an independent Berlin-based development and environmental organisation).
- In which country, the Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation (APEC) summit was held?
5. IndonesiaAnswer – 3. Vietnam
Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Economic Leaders’ Meeting was held on 10th and 11th November, 2017 in Da Nang, Vietnam. Theme of this meeting was ‘Creating New Dynamism, Fostering a Shared Future’. Leaders of 21 Pacific Rim countries attended this meeting. A join statement issued after the meeting laid emphasis on collaborative activity, such as the provision of support for small businesses, promoting sustainable growth and deepening economic integration.
- Name the carrier airline which has received a loan worth of Rs 1,500 crore from Bank of India to meet urgent working capital needs?
4. Air India
5. SpiceJetAnswer – 4. Air India
Air India has received Rs 1,500 crore loan from Bank of India after the tender for the amount was floated in October 2017, in order to meet urgent working capital needs. Earlier, Air India had borrowed around Rs 3,250 crore as short tenure loans from two lenders – IndusInd Bank and Punjab National Bank. This loan was also for meeting urgent working capital needs and the tender was floated in September 2017.
- In which Indian city, the Sixth China-India Forum meet was held at?
5. TrichyAnswer – 1. Bengaluru
Sixth China-India Forum meet was held in Bengaluru on November 10, 2017. This event was jointly hosted by the Government of China, Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries (CPAFFC), China-India Friendship Association (CIFA), and Podar Enterprise. During the course of this forum, several pacts were signed between Chinese firms, Chinese Government bodies, Karnataka Government and Podar Group of Companies.
- Which University conferred a D.Litt. degree to the Olympic gymnastic Dipa Karmakar?
1. IIT, Bombay
2. IIT, Kharagpur
3. IIM, Ahmedabad
4. NIT, Agartala
5. IIM, IndoreAnswer – 4. NIT, Agartala
India’s gymnastic star Dipa Karmakar, who finished fourth in the final round of the women’s vault event at the Rio Olympics Games in Brazil last year,was on Saturday i.e. on 11th Nov 2017, conferred a D.Litt. degree by the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Agartala. The convocation ceremony was held at Rabindra Shatabarshiki Bhawan in Agartala. Former IIT-Delhi Director and incumbent chairman of the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), Surendra Prasad was present as the Chief Guest along with other dignitaries on this occasion.
- Who was appointed as ombudsman of All India Football Federation (AIFF) by the Supreme Court of India?
1. Amit Ranjan
2. Manvendra Singh
3. Subash Chopra
4. Larsing Sawyan
5. Bhaskar GangulyAnswer – 5. Bhaskar Ganguly
Supreme Court appointed former football captain Bhaskar Ganguly as ombudsman of All India Football Federation (AIFF). Mr. Ganguly had served as captain of the Indian team at the 1982 Asian Games. Supreme court also appointed S Y Quraishi, former Chief Election Commissioner of India as the ombudsman of AIFF. Mr. Quraishi has also served as Secretary in the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India.
- Who was appointed as the Director-General of Police (DGP) of Telangana?
1. Deepak Sharma
2. M. Mahender Reddy
3. Abishek Yadav
4. Kushal Das
5. Anjali ShahAnswer – 2. M. Mahender Reddy
M. Mahender Reddy has become the second DGP of Telangana. He has succeeded Anurag Sharma who superannuated on 11th November 2017. M. Mahender Reddy assumed charge on 12th November 2017. Anurag Sharma has been appointed as advisor to the Home department. Hyderabad police Additional Commissioner (law and order) V.V. Srinivasa Rao will be in-charge Hyderabad Police Commissioner.
- Which is the first country to make contact with alien life using its radio dish named Five hundred metre Aperture Spherical Telescope (FAST), which is believed to detect alien signals coming from other galaxies?
5. RussiaAnswer – 1. China
China claims to be the first country to make contact with alien life using its radio dish named Five hundred metre Aperture Spherical Telescope (FAST), which is believed to detect alien signals coming from other galaxies. The Five hundred metre Aperture Spherical Telescope (FAST) is considered the world’s largest radio dish. It is almost twice as wide as the America’s Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico.
- Who is the first Indian-born Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter to be signed by the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship)?
1. Pingyuan Liu
3. Poirier Aldo
4. Bharat Khandare
5. Arjan Singh BhullarAnswer – 4. Bharat Khandare
Bharat Khandare became first Indian-born Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter to be signed by the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship). Bharat Khandare will have his debut fight against Pingyuan Liu, who has won 12 fights in the tournament, in the UFC Bantamweight division at the UFC Fight Night in Shanghai on 25 November 2017. It will be the first UFC event held on mainland China.
- Name the Indian cricketer who inaugurated his first global cricket academy in the United Arab Emirates?
1. Virat Kohli
2. Yuvaraj Singh
3. Mahendra Singh Dhoni
4. Rohit Sharma
5. Suresh RainaAnswer – 3. Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Mahendra Singh Dhoni inaugurated his first global cricket academy in the United Arab Emirates. The academy was officially launched by Mahendra Singh Dhoni in the presence of trainees, parents and other key stakeholders of the facility. The academy was jointly launched by Dubai-based Pacific Sports Club and Aarka Sports Club. It has been in operation for a couple of months at theSpringdales School in Al Quoz.
- Teddy Riner is related to which of the following sport?
1. Weight Lifting
4. Horse Riding
5. CricketAnswer – 1. Weight Lifting
French heavyweight judo champion Teddy Riner won his 10th world title with victory at the open-weight world championships in Marrakech. Teddy Riner is 28 years old. He is from Guadeloupe, France. He obtained his 144th consecutive win by beating Belgian Toma Nikiforov in the final.
- The three-time Prime Minister Kirti Nidhi is from which country?
5. BangladeshAnswer – 2. Nepal
Kirti Nidhi Bista was Nepal’s three-time Prime Minister. He passed away on 11th November 2017 in his residence at Gyaneswor, Kathmandu after a prolonged battle with cancer. He was 90 years old. He is survived by two sons and three daughters. He served as Prime Minister from 1969 to 1970, 1971 to 1973 and 1977 to 1979 during the party-less Panchayat system under two monarchs – King Mahendra and King Birendra.
- Ashok Khale is related to which of the below given fields?
2. Car Racing
5. CyclistAnswer – 5. Cyclist
Veteran cyclist Ashok Khale, who was recently injured in an accident on the Sion-Panvel highway, died in Bombay Hospital during treatment, in Mumbai. Ashok Khale was 64 years old. He met with an accident near Mankhurd recently when he was on cycling to Khopoli. He was injured in the hit-and-run case and was battling for life in the Bombay Hospital. He died on 11th November 2017 during treatment.
- When is the International Child Rights Day celebrated?
1. 20th November
2. 15th November
3. 18th November
4. 12th November
5. 25th NovemberAnswer – 1. 20th November
India celebrates Children’s Day on 14th November and the International Child Rights Day is on 20th November every year. The in between period will be celebrated as Child Rights Week by WCD Ministry by hosting an Inter CCI Festival for the children who reside in Child Care Institutions (CCIs).
- On November 12th 1947 which freedom fighter gave his first and only address on All India Radio (AIR) and hence this day was announced as a Public Service Broadcasting Day?
1. Sardar Patel
2. Mahatma Gandhi
3. Bhagat Singh
4. Bal Gangadhar Tilak
5. Subash Chandra BoseAnswer – 2. Mahatma Gandhi
In the memory of the first and only address by Mahatma Gandhi on All India Radio (AIR) on November 12 in 1947, this day was announced as a Public Service Broadcasting Day. Mahatma Gandhi had stepped inside the studios of Broadcasting House on 12 November 2017 to address refugees camping in Kurukshetra in Haryana whom he could not personally visit.
- On which date, the World Pneumonia Day observed all over the world?
1. 11th November
2. 12th November
3. 13th November
4. 14th November
5. 15th NovemberAnswer – 2. 12th November
On 12th November 2017, World Pneumonia Day was observed all over the world. World Pneumonia Day was first observed in 2009 when over 100 organisations joined to form the Global Coalition against Child Pneumonia.World Pneumonia Day helps to highlight the severity of pneumonia and encourages more organisations to look at ways of fighting the disease.
Static GK questions from Current Affairs
- What is CPCB? Answer – Central Pollution Control Board
- Name the Capital and Currency of Bangladesh? Answer – Dhaka, Bangladeshi Taka
- Which broadcasting system has owned the Cartoon Network? Answer – Turner Broadcasting System
- Where is headquarter of Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation (APEC)? Answer – Singapore
- Where is Bandipur National Park and Bannerghatta National Park located? Answer – Karnataka
- F in UFC? Answer – Fighting,UFC(Ultimate Fighting Championship)
- R in CRI? Answer – Risk,CRI(Climate Risk Index)