Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs November 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- What is the theme of the 4th Young Scientists Meet Conducted by DRDO?
A.Convert Challenges Into Opportunities
B.Bridging World Through Science
C.Science Education And Outreach
Answer – A. Convert Challenges Into Opportunities
The 4th Young Scientists Meet (YSM) was conducted on November 11, 2016 in New Delhi. The theme of the event was ‘Convert Challenges into Opportunities’.
- Which state has become the first in the India to conduct e-auction of minor mineral?
Answer – C. Chhattisgarh
The mineral-rich Chhattisgarh state has become the first state in the country to conduct e-auction of minor mineral.
- ‘Global Rajasthan Agritech Meet (GRAM)’ was organized in which city?
Answer – A. Jaipur
A three-day international event of ‘Global Rajasthan Agritech Meet (GRAM)’ was conferred at the Jaipur Exhibition and Convention Center (JECC) at Sitapura in Jaipur from 9 to 11 November 2016 to highlight the best global practices and technologies suitable for farmers.
- Second BRICS Communication Ministers meeting was hosted by which country?
Answer – C. India
Hosted for the first time by India the Second meeting of Communication Ministers of BRICS countries concluded in Bengaluru on November 11, 2016. The two day event began on November 10, 2016, chaired by Minister of State for Communication Manoj Sinha
- NSDA Signs MoU with which country for Joint Research in Skills Sector
Answer – B.Britain
Gemmell, director of National Skill Development Agency(NSDA) and The British Council representative Dr. Sunita Chhibba signed a MoU to collaborate for undertaking joint research projects in the area of skill development.
- India has pledged to contribute _________ million to UN for the year 2017
A.USD 4.5 million
B.USD 11.65 million
C.USD 10.95 million
D.USD 9.11 million
Answer – C. USD 10.95 million
India has pledged to contribute about USD 10.95 million to the United Nation (UN) for the year 2017 for the development activities across several UN bodies.
- With which country India has inked an agreement on trade and commerce?
Answer – A. Bhutan
Commerce and Industry Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman and H.E. Tengye Lyonpo Lekey Dorji, Minister for Economic Affairs, Royal Government of Bhutan signed the Agreement on Trade, Commerce and Transit between India and the Royal Government of Bhutan in the presence of H.E. Lyonchhen Tshering Tobgay, Prime Minister of Bhutan at the Gyalyong Tshokhang in Thimphu on 12 November, 2016
- What is the total cost of Safe City Project launched by Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal in Ludhiana?
A.Rs 80 crore
B.Rs. 75 crore
C.Rs. 25 crore
D.Rs. 90 crore
Answer – A. Rs. 80 crore
Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal launched the first phase of the safe city project which cost Rs 80 crore on November 12, 2016 in Ludhiana.
- India’s women team defeated which country to win a gold in the 7th World carom Championship?
Answer – D. Srilanka
India‘s women’s carrom team defeated Sri Lanka to win the gold at the 7th World Carrom Championship in Birmingham (UK).
- Robin Peterson who recently announced his retirement from cricket belongs to which country?
Answer – C. South Africa
Robin Peterson, the former South Africa all rounder, has announced his retirement from all cricket.
- Name the famous Geophysicist who recently passed away in Hyderabad?
D.Janardhan G Negi
Answer – D. Janardhan G Negi
Noted geophysicist Janardhan G Negi passed away on 10 November 2016 in Hyderabad following a brief illness. He was 81.
- Who won the Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award for the 12th successive year?
Answer – B. Roger Federer
The 2016 Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) World Tour Awards was announced on November 10, 2016. Former World’s No. 1 Swiss Tennis Player Roger Federer has won the Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award for the 12th time in his career.
- Recently who was appointed as the new president of the International Hockey Federation?
Answer – A. Narinder Batra
Hockey India President Narinder Batra was elected as the president of the International Hockey Federation (FIH) in Dubai on November 12, 2016.He 59 year old, defeated David Brinie of Ireland and Ken Read of Australia in a three-man race.
- Who is the CEO of the famous online payment gateway and e-commerce company PayTm?
B.Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Answer – B. Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Online payments and ecommerce marketplace Paytm acquired Delhi-based Shopsity to strengthen its offline retail network. The acquisition will aid Paytm’s target of reaching 4 million offline merchants by March 2017
- Which country is going to host invictus games 2018?
Answer – C. Australia
PRINCE Harry of Britain declared that the International Sports Competition for wounded veterans, the Invictus Games 2018, will be held in Sydney, Australia.
- Tajamul Islam who won under eight World Kick Boxing Championshipm for India belongs to which state.
Answer – A. Kashmir
Eight-year-old Kashmiri girl, Tajamul Islam, created history by winning a Gold Medal for India in The World Kick Boxing Championship of Under- Eight Players.She defeated her rival from U.S. to win the Championship.
- Name the robot who created a new record by solving the famous rubik’s cube puzzle.
Answer – A. Sub1
The Sub1 Reloaded robot successfully solved the famous puzzle Rubik’s Cube in the fastest ever time of 0.637 seconds in just 21 moves at the Electronica trade fair in Munich on November 9, 2016.
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Limited has been issues licence to set up Small Finance Bank business by which institution?
Answer – C. RBI
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Limited, subsidiary of the Company, Ujjivan Financial Services Ltd has been issued licence (the licence no. MUM 122) from the Reserve Bank Of India (RBI) on November 11, 2016 to set up Small Finance Bank business
- When is the Public Service Day observed in India?
Answer – C. November 12
Public Service Broadcasting Day is observed on 12 November, every year since 1947.
- What is the Theme of 2016 World Pneumonia Day?
A.Keep the Promise, Stop Pneumonia Now
B.We Think We Can
C.Stop Pneumonia for Better Life
D.Promise To Stop Pneumonia
Answer – A. Keep the Promise, Stop Pneumonia Now
World Pneumonia Day is celebrated globally every year on November 12 to generate awareness about the killer disease ‘pneumonia’. The theme of this year is “Keep the Promise, Stop Pneumonia Now”.