Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs November 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which date is observed as ‘No Tobacco Day’ in an effort to discourage tobacco by the Punjab Government?
Answer – D.November 1
The Punjab government observed November 1 as ‘No Tobacco Day’ in an effort to discourage tobacco use in the State. Aim: To reduce prevalence of tobacco or nicotine use in Punjab in order to reduce prevalence of non-communicable diseases. The sale of loose cigarettes, tobacco and e-cigarettes are banned in Punjab.
- Which date is celebrated as World Vegan Day every year all around the world to raises awareness about animal rights?
Answer – B.November 1
World Vegan Day is celebrated every year all around the world on 1st November to raises awareness about animal rights and advocates the widespread adoption of a vegan lifestyle. It was first observed on November 1st, 1994.
- Which significant Hindi writer was passed away at an age of 86 in Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh?
Answer – A.Hridyesh Mehrotra
Noted Hindi writer Hridyesh Mehrotra was passed away at Shahjahanpur in Uttar Pradesh on November 1, 2016. He was 86. He had penned 13 novels, including ‘Safed Ghoda Kala Sawar‘, and 26 collections of short stories. He has recieved Sahitya Bhushan and Pahal Sanman awards from UP government.
- Tony awards winner and voiced actress has passed away at an age of 82. Who is she?
Answer – C.Tammy Grimes
Tammy Grimes, a scratchy-voiced actress who was one of Broadway’s brightest stars of the 1960s, winning Tony awards as the title character in the musical “The Unsinkable Molly Brown” and for a revival of Noel Coward’s comedy “Private Lives,” died at a hospital in Englewood, N.J. She was 82. The award-winning actress would go on to star in a mass of Broadway productions, such as “Rattle of a Simple Man,” “High Spirits” and “The Only Game in Town.” Grimes won her second Tony Award for 1969’s revival of Noël Coward’s “Private Lives.”
- Which Indian off – spin bowler has continued to top position in the bowler’s list with 900 points?
Answer – D.Ravichandran Ashwin
India kept its position of most important spot in the International Cricket Council (ICC) Test team rankings while top-ranking off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin also continued to top the bowlers’ list.R Ashwin maintained his top position with 900 points. India led the team’s table with 115 points ahead of chief-rivals Pakistan (111) and Australia (108). England were at fourth place followed by South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, West Indies with Bangladesh and Zimbabwe completing the list.
- Which formula one racer kept his title hopes alive with a comfortable victory from Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg in the Mexican Grand Prix?
Answer – D.Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton kept his title hopes alive with a comfortable victory from Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg in the Mexican Grand Prix. The three-times world champion Nico Rosberg admitted that to an extent the final result would be uncontrollable and he did everything to battle on against his Mercedes team-mate. Hamilton’s win at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez cuts Rosberg’s lead in the Championship to 19 points but the German can still take the title with a win at the next round in Brazil.
- Who has taken charge as the General officer Commanding of the Army’s strategic Chinar Corps?
B.P V Siddique
C.J S Sandhu
D.P V Balaji
Answer – C.J S Sandhu
Lieutenant General J S Sandhu has taken charge as the General officer Commanding of the Army’s strategic Chinar Corps which is responsible for guarding the Line of Control in Kashmir Valley. Sandhu, who became the 46th Corps Commander of Chinar Corps, took over from Lt Gen Satish Dua. He has also represented the country in the Indian Embassy at Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Who has been appointed as Brand Ambassador of Swachh Rail Mission?
A.Mohan S Kharbanda
Answer – B.Bindheswar Pathak
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu is appointed Sulabh International founder Bindeshwar Pathak as Brand Ambassador of Swachh Rail Mission on October 1, 2016. Indian Railways has joined hands with Sulabh International to clean some important railway stations across the country as part of the Swachh Bharat mission.
- Who has taken over charge as Director of New Delhi based NTPC Limited on November 1, 2016?
Answer – D.Saptarshi Roy
Saptarshi Roy(56) has taken over as Director of New Delhi based NTPC Limited on November 1,2016. Roy (56 years) was working as Regional Executive Director (North) and ER-I Regions as well as Executive Director (Corporate Planning). He has worked as HR of the Company since 2008.
- What is the name of Social media Twitter head has recently decided to quit his job at the end of November 2016?
Answer – D.Rishi Jaitly
India head of Social media Twitter, Rishi Jaitly decided to quit his job at the end of November 2016. He joined the twitter in 2013. He was co-founder and CEO of Michigan Corps. Prior to this he has worked in the Knight Foundation, where he led investments in technology, media, and digital tools.
- Which Veteran journalist has been awarded with ‘Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award’ for his outstanding contribution to journalism?
A.S Nihal Singh
Answer – A.S Nihal Singh
Veteran journalist S Nihal Singh has been awarded with ‘Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award’ for his outstanding contribution to journalism which is presented by the Press Council of India.The award will be presented on November 16 to Nihal Singh and carries a cash component of Rs 1 lakh. The other winners of the National Journalism Awards 2016, as per which Renjith Jonh of Deepika Daily has been chosen for his work for the award on Rural journalism and Developmental reporting.
- NHPC, India’s largest hydropower generation company announced that it has approved its 50 Megawatt (MW) wind power project (WPP) in which place?
B.Indore, Madhya Pradesh
C.Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Answer – D.Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
NHPC, India’s largest hydropower generation company announced that it has approved its 50 Megawatt (MW) wind power project (WPP) in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan. The project consists of 25 Wind Turbine Generators each of 2 MW capacity, which has been successively linked with grid in the month of October, 2016. NHPC Limited (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation) is an Indian Hydropower generation company that was incorporated in the year 1975 with an authorized capital of Rs.2000 million and with an objective to plan, promote and organize an integrated and efficient development of hydroelectric power in all aspects.
- The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has now made it compulsory for the public sector banks to report to it all such matters involving funds over how much amount?
Answer – C.Rs.1 crore
With high level frauds involving industrialists such as Vijay Mallya loan default case revealed, the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has now made it compulsory for the public sector banks to report to it all such matters involving funds over Rs.1 crore. Vigilance Commissioner TM Bhasin announced that CVC has now made it mandatory for the public sector banks to share their reports relating to all loan frauds involving funds over Rs.1 crore. Till now this report was shared with the RBI only.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Haryana’s year-long golden jubilee celebrations of Haryana in which city?
Answer – B.Gurugram
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Haryana’s year-long golden jubilee celebrations of Haryana in Gurugram. PM Modi kicked-off Haryana’s ‘Swarna Jayanti’ celebrations from Gurugram’s Tau Devi Lal stadium on November 1, 2016. The Haryana Government has decided to set up Gurugram Development Authority(GDA) to avoid overlap in its functional and operational responsibilities and provide functional empowerment in administrative and financial structures at the local level.
- What is the minimum wage fixed for unskilled agricultural labour in C-class towns in central sphere by the Union Government?
A.Rs 350 per day
B.Rs 300 per day
C.Rs 450 per day
D.Rs 500 per day
Answer – A.Rs 350 per day
Government has decided to fix the minimum wage at Rs 350 per day for unskilled agricultural labour in C-class towns in central sphere.It was announced by Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya. It will effective from November 1, 2016. Now agriculture workers gets Rs 160 per day in the central sphere are paid as per the rates prescribed under the
national floor level minimum wage.
- International Forum on Adopting an ICT Perspective to Education and Learning was held in which city?
Answer – B.New Delhi
The International Forum on Adopting an ICT Perspective to Education and Learning is being held in New Delhi from 31st October- 4th November 2016. The aim is to implementing the UNESCO developed General Education Quality Analysis Framework (GEQAF).
- Which state became the third and largest state to be declared Open Defecation Free (ODF) under the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM- Gramin)?
Answer – D.Kerala
Southern state of Kerala became the third state overall and the largest state so far to be declared Open Defecation Free (ODF) under the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM- Gramin). 14 districts, 152 blocks, 940 Gram Panchayats and 2117 villages of Kerala have been declared free from open defecation. Kerala, with a rural population of approximately 3.5 crores, is also the largest state so far to have achieved the ODF Status, after Sikkim (6 lakhs) and Himachal Pradesh (70 lakhs).
- What is the new act enacted by the Union Government for Five Union Territories to regulate the housing sector transparency?
B.Housing Loan Act
C.New Housing Act
D.Real Estate Act
Answer – D.Real Estate Act
Centre notified the rules for Real Estate Act, that seeks to regulate the housing sector besides bringing transparency and ensuring timely completion of projects. The rules will be applicable to five Union Territories namely Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, and Lakshadweep. This rules also require builders to deposit 70 per cent of unused amounts collected for ongoing projects in a separate bank account to ensure timely completion of the projects.
- How many bilateral ODI series has won by the India against New Zealand since 1999?
Answer – C.5
India has won all five bilateral ODI series against New Zealand in India. They have won all five series in 1988-89, 1995-96, 1999-2000, 2010-11 and 2016-17. Kohli’s aggregate is his highest in any series in ODIs in India as well as the highest by an Indian batsman in a bilateral series vs New Zealand, He breaks Gautam Gambhir’s tally of 329 (ave.109.66) in five innings in 2010-11.
- Which German football player was ending his playing career and would train as a coach declared by the German Soccer Federation?
Answer – D.Miroslav Klose
The German soccer federation declared that the striker and the top scorer in World Cup history Miroslav Klose was ending his playing career and will train as a coach. The 38-year-old Klose retired from international soccer after winning the World Cup with Germany in 2014, scoring twice to bring his total goal tally from four tournaments to 16. With a career total of 71 goals, Klose is also the highest-scoring player for Germany.
- Reserve Bank of India had opened as Second Ombudsman Office taking into account the significant increase of the banking network in which city?
Answer – C.New Delhi
The RBI has opened a second office of the Banking Ombudsman in New Delhi, taking into account the significant increase of the banking network. The first office of the banking ombudsman at RBI, New Delhi, would have jurisdiction over Delhi and Jammu & Kashmir. The second office would have jurisdiction over Haryana (except Panchkula, Yamuna Nagar and Ambala districts) and Ghaziabad and Gautam Buddha Nagar districts of Uttar Pradesh.
- The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has ordered PSBs to report all such matters involving funds over _____
A. Rs. 1 crore
B. Rs.2 crore
C. Rs.5 crore
D.Rs. 3 crore
Answer – A. Rs. 1 crore
With high level frauds involving industrialists such as Vijay Mallya loan default case revealed, the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has now made it compulsory for the public sector banks to report to it all such matters involving funds over Rs.1 crore announced by Vigilance Commissioner TM Bhasin