Affairs cloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 4 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which among the following has been adjudged as Cleanest City in Swachh Survekshan 2017?
2.Indore, Madhya Pradesh
Answer – 2.Indore Madhya Pradesh
On May 4, 2017, Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu released 3rd edition of the Swachh Survekshan which ranked 434 Indian cities on various cleanliness parameters. Indore in Madhya Pradesh emerged as the cleanest city and Gonda in Uttar Pradesh ranked at the bottom as the dirtiest city.
- Which among the following state legislative assembly unanimously passed the State Goods and Services Tax (GST) Bill on May 4, 2017?
Answer – 1.Haryana
A special one-day session of Haryana State Assembly had been convened for the passage of the Bill. Haryana Finance Minister Capt Abhimanyu moved the bill which was supported by the two major opposition parties — the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) and the Congress. The Bill was passed after an hour-long discussion. Earlier, Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly unanimously passed the Madhya Pradesh Goods and Services Tax (GST) Bill-2017 on May 3, 2017.
- On May 3, 2017, Union Cabinet gave ex-post facto approval to signing of MoU on development of a urea and ammonia manufacturing plant in:
Answer – 4.Malaysia
This plant will be built at an estimated cost $2.1 billion. It will have capacity to produce 2.4 million tonnes of urea and 1.35 million tonnes of ammonia per annum with provision of dedicated supply to Indian market.
- On May 3, 2017, Union cabinet gave its approval for the declaration of ____________ as International Airport.
1.Dibrugarh Airport in Assam
2.Bhagalpur Airport in Bihar
3.Bilaspur Airport in Chhattisgarh
4.Shimla Airport in Himachal Pradesh
5.Vijayawada Airport in Andhra Pradesh
Answer – 5.Vijayawada Airport in Andhra Pradesh
This decision will improve air connectivity to Vijayawada, offering more options of services to air travellers. It will also help in promoting tourism in Andhra Pradesh. The decision was taken on account of repeated demands from airline operators and surge in passenger traffic.
- On May 3, 2017, Mr. Nitin Gadkari – Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways, inaugurated two exhibitions,‘The Highway Saga: Past Present & Future’ and ‘Safe Road & Inter State Highways Transforming India (SRISHTI)’ in:
Answer – 2.New Delhi
These exhibitions are part of India Integrated Transport and Logistics Summit (IITLS) organized by the Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways from 3rd to 5th of May, 2017. The Highway Saga: Past, Present & Future exhibition displayed the evolution of road transport in India starting from Indus Valley Civilisation to current times. Safe Road & Inter State Highways Transforming India (SRISHTI) exhibition had some interactive activities aimed at enhancing visitors’ awareness of road safety issues.
- Subsidiary of which company has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with enterprise application software major SAP SE to launch ‘SARAL GST’ solution for taxpayers.
1.Tata Consultancy Services
4.Larsen & Toubro
Answer – 3.Reliance Industries
Reliance Corporate IT Park Ltd. (RCITPL), subsidiary of Reliance Industries has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with enterprise application software major SAP SE to launch ‘SARAL GST solution for taxpayers. The new offering will enable taxpayers to be GST compliant and smoothly access the government’s GST System, once GST is rolled out from July 1, 2017.
- Which small finance bank recently commenced operations from four locations in Pune, taking its total branches to 30 across the country?
1.Utkarsh Small Finance Bank
2.Equitas Small Finance Bank
3.Capital Small Finance Bank
4.Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
5.Au Small Finance Bank
Answer – 4.Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
The four locations in Pune are Swargate, Pimpri, Akurdi and Hadapsar. Ujjivan has presence across 14 districts in Maharashtra with 51 branches, catering to over 3.65 lakh customers. Now Ujjivan Small Finance Bank operates out of Bengaluru, Ramanagara, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata and Pune.
- Which financial organisation has stated that Indian economy will grow 7.4 % in 2017-18 and 7.6% in 2018-19?
1.International Monetary Fund (IMF)
3.New Development Bank
4.Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
5.Asian Development Bank
Answer – 5.Asian Development Bank
Asian Development Bank has stated that the Indian economy will grow 7.4 per cent this fiscal and 7.6 per cent in the next as the bankruptcy and GST laws will help create a more business-friendly environment.
- Under National Steel Policy 2017, Indian Government has set a goal to achieve 300MT steel production capacity by year:
Answer – 1.year 2030-31
On May 3, 2017 Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved National Steel Policy 2017 which aims to make India self sufficient in steel production. The policy is geared towards increasing domestic steel consumption, ensuring high quality steel production and creating a technology-driven globally competitive steel industry.
- As per changes announced in National Youth Awards, amount of money for the award in the ‘Individual’ category has been enhanced to Rs._______
Answer – 1.Rs.50000
Sports Minister Vijay Goel has announced several changes in the National Youth Awards structure by increasing the number of recipients and making it more broad-based and transparent in the selection process. The National Youth Awards will henceforth be given to 25 individuals and in 10 organisations.
- Which Micro Finance Institution has bagged MSME Banking Excellence Awards 2016, instituted by the Chamber for Indian Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (CIMSME)?
1.Mircrocredit Foundation of India
4.Village Financial Services
5.Madura Micro Finance
Answer – 4.Village Financial Services
Kolkata-based Village Financial Services won the award under the category ‘Best NBFC-MFI for Promotional Schemes’. It was also adjudged as the runner-up in Eco-Technology Savvy NBFC-MFI category. The award was presented to Kuldip Maity – CEO and Managing Director of Village Financial Services, by Arjun Ram Meghwal – Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs in New Delhi.
- Bharti Enterprises, has appointed ___________ as Managing Director of its Financial Services business.
Answer – 5.Soumen Ghosh
Ghosh will be responsible for business expansion, strengthening the management processes and governance of these businesses. He is a Chartered Accountant from England and a Mechanical Engineer. Prior to joining Bharti, Ghosh was heading the Financial Services business at Reliance Capital which included insurance, mutual funds, commercial and housing finance, broking and distribution.
- On May 4, 2017, India successfully test fired its medium-range nuclear-capable ballistic missile Agni-ll off the Odisha coast.Agni – II has a strike range of:
1.more than 2000 km
2.more than 3000 km
3.more than 4000 km
4.more than 5000 km
5.more than 6000 km
Answer – 1.more than 2000 km
The trial of the surface-to-surface missile was conducted from Launch Complex-4 of Integrated Test Range (ITR) in the APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Balasore district. Agni-II has two solid fuel stages and a Post Boost Vehicle (PBV) integrated into the missile’s Re-entry Vehicle (RV). The 20-metre missile is a two-stage, solid propelled ballistic missile.
- Which state assembly has passed a resolution to declare River Narmada as a living entity?
Answer – 3.Madhya Pradesh
The resolution introduced by Madhya Pradesh Environment Minister Antar Singh Arya stated that river Narmada is the lifeline of Madhya Pradesh and the government is compelled to protect the legal rights of the river as a living entity
- Which variety of mango has received the geographical indication (GI) tag, making Andhra Pradesh the owner of the variety that originates in its Kurnool district?
Answer – 4.Banganapalle mango
The Registrar of Geographical Indications Registry (RGIR) granted Banganapalle the GI status on a six-year-old application from Andhra Pradesh’s horticulture department. The Banganapalle mango is one the most preferred varieties of the fruit in both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- Archaeologists have discovered the remains of a nearly 4,000 year old model garden outside a tomb in the ancient Egyptian capital of:
Answer – 3.Thebes
The garden, measuring 3 by 2 meters, consists of equally divided square plots. The find was made by a Spanish team in the Draa Abul Nagaa necropolis across the Nile from the modern-day city of Luxor.
- As per the latest FIFA rankings released on May 4, 2017, Indian national football team has ranked at ______ position
Answer – 5.100th position
The last time India had been in the top 100 was in 1996, with the 94th spot in February 1996 being the country’s best ever FIFA ranking. In latest rankings Brazil has ranked 1st followed by Argentina and Germany at 2nd and 3rd positions respectively.
- Captain Chand Roop, who passed away on May 2, 2017, was a Dronacharya award winning:
2.Weight Lifting coach
Answer – 3.Wrestling coach
Chand Roop took up wrestling after joining the Indian Army in 1948. He was a former National champion who became a coach to train the Army wrestlers. There he produced Asian Games bronze medallist and former Bharat Kesari title winner Netrapal and another prominent wrestler Vijay Kumar.
- A R Penck, who passed away on May 2, 2017, was a:
1.German novel writer
2.German football player
3.German Film Maker
Answer – 4.German Painter
German artist A.R. Penck, whose work featuring primitive depictions of people and animals is recognized as an important example of the new figurative style in Europe, passed away on May 2, 2017 at the age 77 in Zurich after a lengthy illness.
- Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu has released a set of four story books for children, titled ________________ to create awareness regarding cleanliness among them.
1. ‘Swachh Jungle ki kahani – Dadi ki Zubani’
2.’Swachh Desh ki kahani – Dadi ki Zubani’
3.’Swachh Nagar ki kahani – Dadi ki Zubani’
4.’Swachh Ghar ki kahani – Dadi ki Zubani’
5.’Swachh Shehar ki kahani – Dadi ki Zubani’
Answer – 1.’Swachh Jungle ki kahani – Dadi ki Zubani’
Publications Division, a media unit of Information and Broadcasting Ministry, has published the set of four story books written by renowned children’s author Madhu Pant. The books are published in 15 languages so that the cleanliness message could be reached out to maximum children.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.