AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs May 31 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On May 30,2018 , The Ministry of Railways organized a one day workshop called _____ aimed at raising the average speed of freight trains and coaching trains, in New Delhi?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Mission Raftar
It aimed at brainstorming ideas about speed of freight trains and passenger trains. It also aimed at deriving solutions to various problems related to punctuality , rolling stock, traffic, elimination of unmanned railway crossings. The demand for coal has risen as a result of less imports so there has been an increase in coal loading for power plants and Coal India Limited has been giving enough supply for the purpose. The workshop aims to address the future needs of the Indian railways. Prioritizing passenger safety has been important as well.
- On May 30,2018, after 4 years of bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and Telengana, the state of Andhra Pradesh gets its own symbol. What has been declared as its state flower?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Jasmine
On May 30,2018, after 4 years of bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and Telengana, the state of Andhra Pradesh gets its own symbol. This was announced by the Principle Secretary of Environment Forests G . Anantha Ramu. Neem and Black Buck have been declared as the state tree and the state animal respectively. Rose-ringedParakeet will be the State Bird. Jasmine will be the state flower .
- On May 31,2018, the Minister of State (I/C) of Tourism _____ launched the first ever guidelines on Adventure Tourism in New Delhi?
4.Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.K.J. Alphons
These are the minimum guideline for adventure activities in India. These guideline cover air, water and land sports including trekking, bungee jumping , mountaineering, paragliding, kayaking , scuba diving, river rafting etc. The guidelines of safety and Quality norms for Adventure Tourisms in India has been made by Adventure Tour Operators Association of Inidia (ATOAI). With a strong and safety management in place tourism will increase and it will help in the economic growth.
- On May 31,2018, how many countries will participate in the biennial Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) military exercise from June 27 2018 to August 2 2018 in and around the Hawaiian islands and Southern California?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.26
It is known as the world’s largest international maritime exercise . his year would involve 47surface ships and 5 submarines, 18 national land forces and more than 200 aircraft and 25000 personnel. China has been disinvited and won’t join the exercise. For the first time 4 new countries are participating in RIMPAC . they are : Brazil, Israel , Sri Lanka, Vietnam.
- On May 31,2018, The Food , civil supplies and Consumer Affairs department of Himachal Pradesh has launched an app for ration card holders named ____?
1.ePDS (electronic public distribution system )
2.ePDS (electronic product distribution system )
3.ePDS (electronic provisions distribution system )
4.ePDS (electronic Product distribution system )
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.ePDS (electronic public distribution system )
The name of the app is ePDS (electronic public distribution system ) The beneficiaries will get the ration card in the digital form in the app and can use them for transactions in the ration shops. The best quality of rice, wheat has been purchased from the government agencies and has saved Rs. 22 crore in 5 months. By year end the savings will be Rs. 100 crore. The HP government has started Himachal Grihni Suvidha Yojna which will provide 1 lakh women with gas cylinders and stoves free of cost. In the first stage it will be given to 33600 women.
- On May 31,2018, The Cabinet of which state approved the ordinance to grant salary and allowance to the Chief whip?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Haryana
This was done by amending the Haryana Legislative Assembly ( Salary, Allowances and Pension Members ) Act, 1975. This amendments were done in many other state legislatures like : Delhi, Jharkhand , Kerela , Karnataka , Rajasthan. The tenure of head of department in Haryana was made to a maximum of three years. Some officials will be given extensions beyond their retirement age especially for departments pertaining to law and order, regulatory work, work of administrative importance, infrastructure development and basic public service.
- On May 31,2018, the first biannual IAF Commander’s conference of 2018 was held by Defence Minister M/s Nirmala Sitharaman at Air headquarters (Vayu Bhawan) in ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.New Delhi
Briefing of the exercise of ‘Gagan Shakti’ of the Indian Air Force along the conduced in April 2018. IAF to start absorption and production of high end aviation technology in India in the next 15 years. Addressing the key role played by the IAF in national building of the regional connectivity (UDAN scheme ) as it has opened several of its airfields for civil aircraft operations .
- On May 31,2018, Union Minister for Sports Mr. Rajvardhan Singh Rathore granted a financial assiatnce of Rs. 5 Lakh to which Manipuri Fencer?
1.Kh. Kalambia Chanu
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Kh. Kalambia Chanu
On May 31,2018, Union Minister for Sports Mr. Rajvardhan Singh Rathore granted a financial assiatnce of Rs. 5 Lakh to Manipuri Fencer Ms. Kh. Kalambia Chanu . It was given for her medical expenses from the Pandit DeenDayal Upadhyay National WelfareFund for Sportsperson (PDUNWFS). Ms . Chanu is suffering from multiple sclerosis and could’nt continue her sports and is living in indegent conditions.
- On May 31,2018, where did the 34th meeting of the Central Sanctioning and Monitoring take place?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.New Delhi
The beneficiaries of new and affordable houses will be urban poor and is taken under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (Urban). It has an investment of Rs.7227 crore with central assistance of Rs. 2209 crore. With the inclusion of new 1.5 lakh the total number of houses under PMAY(U) is 47,52,751 houses.
- It has been said that, the e-Way Bill system for intra-State movement of goods will be implemented all over India latest by ____?
1.3 June 2018
2.1 June 2018
3.4 June 2018
4.2 June 2018
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.3 June 2018
Tamil Nadu will implement e-Way Bill system for intra-State movement of goods on 2nd June 2018 and West Bengal on 3rd June 2018. The e-Way Bill system for inter-State movement of goods was launched from 1st April 2018. It is said that, the e-Way Bill system for intra-State movement of goods will be implemented all over India latest by 3rd June 2018.
- On May 31,2018, Indian Government has signed a loan agreement with the International Bank of Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) an arm of World Bank for ___ for PMGSY (Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna) Rural Roads Project?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.$500 million
This loan has a grace period of 3 years and a maturity period of 10 years. The loan agreement for the project was signed by Sameer Kumar Khare, joint secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, on behalf of the government of India and Junaid Ahmad, country director, World Bank India, on behalf of the World Bank in the presence of Alka Upadhyaya, joint secretary (RC), Ministry of Rural Development. The financing would help in bringing new construction technology like green and low carbon design and climate resilient techniques.. For adequate maintenance of existing 4.6 million km of road networks.
- On May 31,2018, Asian Development Bank approved $375 million loan for a project to improve irrigation in which state and help increase farmer’s income?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Madhya Pradesh
The project will expand irrigation networks and system efficiency. The total cost of the project is $535.1 millionand $160.71 million will be given by the government. The estimated time of completion of the project is September 2025. In the first stage , the Kundalia irrigation project will develop 125000hectare of new , efficient, Climate resilient irrigation networks.
- On May 31,2018, The ministry of Statistics reported that India’s GDP grew at ____ % in Q4 of financial year 2017-18?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.7.7
The full year growth is at 6.7%.It surpassed China’s trajectory of 8%.The ministry revised the October-December growth from earlier 7.2% to 7.0%.It can be forcasted that the growth is towards a 7.3% for annual growth.
- Mahindra & Mahindra has signed two MoUs with which state Government to advance its next phase of expansion in electric vehicles (EVs) and to achieve its goal to become completely electric ready?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Maharashtra
As per the first MoU, Mahindra & Mahindra will work towards becoming fully electric ready by further investing in its Chakan plant for manufacture of EVs, e-motor, controller, battery pack and other electric vehicle components for multiple mobility applications associated with battery pack assembly of EVs. Mahindra & Mahindra will invest an additional Rs. 500 crore, as a part of this expansion plan.
- Which of the following firm signed a MoU with Maharashtra Government to deploy 1,000 Electric Vehicles across a range of passenger and commercial vehicles in Maharashtra?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Tata Motors
Tata Power Ltd, a Tata Group company, will help Tata Motors to set up EV Charging Stations in Maharashtra. The MoU has come as part of the World Environment Day celebrations. On the occasion, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis flagged off five Tigor EVs at the Gateway of India. The five Tigor EVs were provided by Tata Motors to the EESL (Energy Efficiency Services Limited) as part of its tender for the initiative.
- On May 31,2018, which bank was recognized with the Champion Security Award at the 14th Visa Asia Pacific Security Summit?
4.State Bank of India
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.HDFC Bank
Australia/New Zealand: National Australia Bank Limited Greater China: National Credit Card Centre, Taiwan India & South Asia: HDFC Bank Limited Japan: Mitsubishi UFJ NICOS CO., Ltd South Korea: Lotte Card Company, Limited Southeast Asia (2 awards): 1.Krungthai Card Limited
2. Bank Mandiri
Best in Asia Pacific: United Overseas Bank (Singapore)
- On 31st May 2018, Statistics and Pragramme Implementation Minister _____ presented FICCI Smart Policing Awards 2018 to police officials of central armed police force and states police, in New Delhi?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Vijay Goel
This is the 3rd edition of the event. It was held on 30th and 31st May 2018. It is part of two-day conference on Homeland Security-Cyber Crime Management. The event aimed to display smart initiatives and best practices done by the police to tackle crimes in their corresponding areas. More than 200 entries were received in several categories like safety for child, women, elders, road, cyber-crime and community policing.
- Name the person who was awarded with ‘Santokbaa Humanitarian Award’ by President Ram Nath Kovind for his contribution to the betterment of society, in Surat, Gujarat, on 29th May 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Kailash Satyarthi
Kailash Satyarhi dedicated the award to children. He gave the cash prize of Rs 1 crore to the Surakshit Bachpan fund, set up by the Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Fund. The Surakshit Bachpan fund offers legal and medical assistance to child victims of sexual abuse. The award is instituted by Shree Ramkrishna Knowledge Foundaton (SRKKF). It is led by Govind Dholakia. The award consists of a trophy and prize money of Rs 1 crore.
- On 30th May 2018, which American rapper was presented the Pulitzer Prize in music for his 2017 album DAMN, at an event held in Columbia University, New York City, in United States?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Kendrick Lamar
The Pulitzer Prize is awarded for achievements in newspaper, magazine and online journalism, literature, and musical composition in the United States. Kendrick Lamar is the first non-classical or jazz musician to win the Pulitzer Prize. Music was included in the awards 75 years ago. Kendrick Lamar is 30 years old. DAMN was released in April 2017. He has received 11 Grammy Awards.
- Scientists at Newcastle University have made ____ human corneas for the first time?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.3D printed
The researchers mixed stem cells from a healthy donor cornea with alginate, a gel made from seaweed, and collagen. This was done to develop a “bio-ink” solution to print. The bio-ink was 3D printed to form an artificial cornea. This work has been published in Experimental Eye Research. This work will help with the worldwide shortage of corneas for transplant. The 3D printed corneas produced at the University’s Institute of Genetic Medicine will be tested and could be brought to regular use in five years.
- Scientists have discovered world’s oldest lizard fossil, the fossil of a lizard-like creature named ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Megachirella wachtleri
In the early 2000s the fossil of Megachirella wachtleri was found in Dolomites mountain range of Italy. Now researchers have found that the fossil is 240 million years old. It might give new information on the evolution of reptiles. These creatures might have lived among the first dinosaurs. The analysis has been published in the journal Nature.
- Name the Maharashtra Agriculture minister who died after suffering from heart attack, in Somaiya Hospital, Mumbai, on 31st May 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Pandurang Phundkar
Pandurang Phundkar was 67 years old. He was elected to the Lok Sabha for the first time in 1989. He represented Akola till 1998. In 1978, he was elected to Maharashtra State Legislative Assembly from Changaon assembly seat for the first time.
- What was the theme of World No Tobacco Day 2018 that was observed on 31st May 2018?
1.Tobacco and heart disease
2.Tobacco and cardiovascular health
3.Acheiving zero Tobacco usage
4.Tobacco and its ill effects
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Tobacco and heart disease
In 1987, May 31 was declared as World No Tobacco Day by the member states of the World Health Organization (WHO). This day is observed to highlight the health risks of tobacco consumption and to urge governments to take measures to reduce smoking and other tobacco use. The theme of World No Tobacco Day 2018 is: “Tobacco and heart disease.”
- Jagargunda village of which state has received electricity after 13 years?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Chhattisgarh
After living in the dark for 13 years, the electricity facility has reached Jagargunda village in Chhattisgarh. The Jagargunda village where electricity facility has been restored falls under the naxal-affected district of Dantewada. The village has a total population of approximately 898 people and there are about 199 houses in the village.
- Patanjali has launched a messaging application named ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Kimbho
Yoga guru Ramdev’s Patanjali has launched a messaging application, “Kimbho”, pitching it as a challenge to popular messaging app WhatsApp, which has over 1 billion downloads from Google Play Store. This “swadeshi messaging platform” comes after Patanjali launched Swadeshi Samriddhi sim cards.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Veer Savarkar International Airport located?Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Name the President and headquarters of FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry)?President – Rashesh Shah; Headquarters – New Delhi
- Who is the CEO & MD of Tata Motors?Guenter Butschek
- Where is Great Himalayan National Park located?Himachal Pradesh
- Which state houses the Jessore Sloth Bear Sanctuary?Gujarat